• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another concern that isnt a prob on TC but when we go back to our shards. There are not many crafter NPCs out there. Tailor and smiths are everywhere, but many cities dont have any tinker or fletcher ..or in Trinsic one tinker hidden in a wall so you cant use it for bribing or turning in.. Towns like Minoc and Skara even..they are governour cities so people with loyalty to a city wants to turn in there. Magincia ..cant find anything but Tailor Smith and cook.. And theese bods need alot of bribing . One NPC will refuse after one or two bods so we should need several, and in all cities like the tailor and smith BODs has. Please?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think they could allow point build ups to be too high due to scripters. I agree it doesn't add up to anything I'm willing to do but I do now have control over what I can get for a reward which is awesome.
You know the only people that will be able to take advantage of banking points as is ARE scripters, right?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
15 count Exceptional Cloth

15ExCloth.jpg

Having a hard time getting Ex BODs! lol

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bit uncomfortable with some aspects. I just did a carpenter bod for 20 darkwood helms. I'd never have touched it on main shards, 200 taint etc?? got me 250 points, for which I could get a (to me) totally worthless reward title, lose most of the points and claim a 250 charge tool or 'save' the pitiful half a percentage value towards something else (eventually).

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The process appears to be like this:
- you turn in one deed and you must choose to trade reward now or bank the points
- if you choose now, you MUST spend the points before you can get a new deed. (If you cancel the gump, you simply cannot turn in more deeds)
- if you choose to bank it, you only save 0.005%...........duh

I think the fact that there is no BOD book for the new deeds was intended. Dev dont want us to horde new deeds, nor want us to save up reward points like the clean-up points.
Going forward, probably the best approach is to figure out what reward you want, then fill the right deed and trade in right away, because 0.005% is just not worth it.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously....well I guess since you're turning them in to use for the festival that makes sense....@Kyronix when will that be turned on?
Oh here's the gump for a 10 count normal cloth bod (robe)

View attachment 56291

So either 10 points or .05 points...which actually is pretty good considering you can accumulate the banked points, just fill a ton of junk bods to get a good reward, makes sense to me.
The festival is active on TC1 in Britain right now.

The fractional point awards are a way to add value to low level BODs that would otherwise be "thrown on the floor" while avoiding a situation where someone could turn in 6 low level BODs to get a valorite runic hammer, thusly making large BODs irrelevant and creating a mass flood of high end BOD rewards.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it is 0.005%..........(these from Iron normal 10, 15, 20)
I do feel it is to low, having to turn in 200 BoD's to safe point = one of them, I do not like that, 20 would be ok, but not 200.
Also we should save % of the point we do not use at claiming.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A bit uncomfortable with some aspects. I just did a carpenter bod for 20 darkwood helms. I'd never have touched it on main shards, 200 taint etc?? got me 250 points, for which I could get a (to me) totally worthless reward title, lose most of the points and claim a 250 charge tool or 'save' the pitiful half a percentage value towards something else (eventually).
Stupid stuff like this is what you get when people who don't actually play on a day to day basis in all facets of the game make the decisions.

And as far as people wanting BOD books to take only one lockdown, I dont care about that, I just wanted to be able to USE them while they are locked down.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't think they could allow point build ups to be too high due to scripters. I agree it doesn't add up to anything I'm willing to do but I do now have control over what I can get for a reward which is awesome.
They shouldn't have even considered saving points then.

.5% is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
20 Exp Cloth

20ExCloth.jpg

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The fractional point awards are a way to add value to low level BODs that would otherwise be "thrown on the floor" while avoiding a situation where someone could turn in 6 low level BODs to get a valorite runic hammer, thusly making large BODs irrelevant and creating a mass flood of high end BOD rewards.
They gonna get tossed anyway...you really think someone is gonna spend time (other than the scripters) to get the resources, make the product, fill the bod, and turn it in for like 0.05 points? Really?

Among all the boneheaded boondoggled screwups I have seen in UO, well, I myself am done with this. It's stupid

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

No I'm pretty sure they'll still be thrown on the floor.

Why waste materials for .5%?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry guy, it's 0.5% (ex: 25x0.005=0.125 points)

Still, not gonna waste resource on the junk bods

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes a mass flood of these items would have game changing implications .....:facepalm:

As it stands no one uses higher runics for the most part as the changes in loot(roof and other new places) and other items made these next to useless. Go look at the trade forums, no one sells runics simply because they can't compete.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If I save some points, i should be able to use them to get the item they was worth.
then the higher rewards need to be worth a lot more points.
If an bod are worth 200 point now, make it worth 5 point and save one point, then it would only cost me 5 item to claim that reward.
If I turn in a reward 10 point and claim one worth 5 point, I should save 1 point

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They gonna get tossed anyway...you really think someone is gonna spend time (other than the scripters) to get the resources, make the product, fill the bod, and turn it in for like 0.05 points? Really?

Among all the boneheaded boondoggled screwups I have seen in UO, well, I myself am done with this. It's stupid
No I'm pretty sure they'll still be thrown on the floor.

Why waste materials for .005%?
There's a mass accumulation of low level BODs that are required to fill large BODs that would previously be the only way to attain certain high level crafting rewards. Right now small BODs are, as have been pointed out many times, largely worthless outside being used in large BODs. Now there is a value for them. The balancing factor is concerned with giving small BODs value while still preserving value of large BODs. Large BODs are, and continue to be, the most effective path at getting high level rewards. Now, aside from being used for large BODs, small BODs are worth points towards rewards they previously were worthless against achieving. Is it worth spending some of your ingot/cloth/etc supply to fill them? That's up to you. The fractional conversion rate is something we are monitoring throughout testing and will adjust as necessary - keeping in mind that the most effective path to high level rewards will continue to be large BODs and not become small BODs. Thanks for the feedback.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my next carpentry bod is for 10 academic bookcases. Refusing that one.

Sorry Kyronix, but at that level of value, they don't have worth. Spend a minute and work out how many 20 normal iron bods it would take just to get the 250 use hammer.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Count me in with the group who thinks .005 is WAY to low.

I have never done BODs, collecting hundreds of orders, sorting them, storing them for months or years hoping to get just the right ones to turn in for a decent reward NEVER appealed to me... however, when I heard that they were going to make it so you could bank points I thought it might be something I would try. I could pull my 3 bods a day, fill them and bank the points... I don't have to worry about sorting or storing them, then maybe once a week or so I might be able to get a POF, or save up a month to get a nice runic. But at the current rate of return, there is NO chance I will even consider it.

@Kyronix
Help me understand the rational here.
Revamping the rewards is great, but the I don't see the added benefit of the banking system. Big BOD fillers will continue collecting, storing, and filling for the use now option. Folks like me who would do the occasional BOD to save up will most likely not participate due to the EXTREMELY low return... so who benefits? What objective is being met? Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see the system changing how people do BODs or bring in any new crafters.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Large bods as they are now take up a lot storage and make my head hurt. If they was like the fish quest orders, I would love them a lot better. Sure they should be harder to get but would be more fun. Or make some of value close to old large bods but as small bods with crafted artifacts

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOOT!

So I've turned in 3 BOD's so far...all normal, one of each size 10,15 and 20..lets see what happens!

I'm rather excited about this part lol :) Thanks Team! FestivalStart.jpg Elf.jpg

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Large bods as they are now take up a lot storage and make my head hurt. If they was like the fish quest orders, I would love them a lot better. Sure they should be harder to get but would be more fun. Or make some of value close to old large bods but as small bods with crafted artifacts
This would be a perfect way to balance out the BOD system. It would eliminate the need to store all the small bods in hopes of filling a large one. Then every individual BOD could be assigned a static point value relative to its rarity within the system.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Also it do not seem newbie friendly, they will feel ripped off, when they pay 99.5% in tax for saving point

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove the BODs for anything requiring ML ingredients, or up their point value by a factor of 1000. Seriously, who is going to waste those resources?

And academic bookcases? WTF?! ~Three(!) of those books spawn per week per shard and sell for over a million gold. Anyone wasting them on a BOD would have to be insane.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh one more thing, I've tried twice to get the special hued cloth and it keeps giving me the titles, I think the gump is off a bit lol
Ha! I knew it! I had this happen twice and thought I had clicked the title above the cloth.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should I get over something that was flawed to begin with?

Honestly you like emptying your backpack to add bods to the books???

And you want to go to your house and lag out and cause everyone to lag over having 20+ vendors at your house?????

I sure as hell don't. I find it unacceptable. And I don't want to have to deal with paying a vendor I don't care how cheap it is. I don't want them on my house.
Guess I'm just not lazy.
I currently have 29 vendors at one house all holding bods, Sorry I don't lag even a little.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NPC gave me one alchemy deed for TEN Hovering Wisps. Now that's a junk BOD.

There's also no way to tell how many points the new deeds worth in advance. Would be nice if this is indicated on the deed.
In this case, we risk turning in BODs that potentially offer junk rewards.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
50% would be ideal....considering how low the point value of the junk bods is set already

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

So... I did what I really didn't want to do (I tested BoDs- lol) Only Blacksmithing bods though.. for the most part.

460 points (if you spend them now) for a 10 exceptional shadow iron armor bod which was a 90% chance to get PoF/10% chance for +5 mining gloves. PoF = 450 points, so technically you get more points now than you would have before with the option of picking which reward you want instead of hoping RNG rolls in your favor -That part I like.

the amount of points you get for saving points is extremely low, but at the same time... that's something you didn't get before, so that's a bonus. -It's nice to have, but I feel the "saved" points should reward more than 0.5% of the total point value -either way, it's still better with this new system, than the current live version... with that, It's a job well done! (So far...)

I did attempt a few inscription bods (I only did the ones you could buy the required items from npc's to fill).

Bug: Inscription Bod 15, Normal, "Spellbook" - The bod doesn't except magery spellbooks with Normal OR Exceptional qualities.

Request.

Bod Option: add a "Fill from container" Option so you don't need to click each individual item required by the bod. Exactly the same thing that exists with the City Trade order quests.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So... I did what I really didn't want to do (I tested BoDs- lol) Only Blacksmithing bods though..

460 points (if you spend them now) for a 10 exceptional shadow iron armor bod which was a 90% chance to get PoF/10% chance for +5 mining gloves. PoF = 450 points, so technically you get more points now than you would have before with the option of picking which reward you want instead of hoping RNG rolls in your favor -That part I like.

the amount of points you get for saving points is extremely low, but at the same time... that's something you didn't get before, so that's a bonus. -It's nice to have, but I feel the "saved" points should reward more than 0.5% of the total point value -either way, it's still better with this new system, than the current live version... with that, It's a job well done! (So far...)

I did attempt a few inscription bods (I only did the ones you could buy the required items from npc's to fill).

Bug: Inscription Bod 15, Normal, "Spellbook" - The bod doesn't except magery spellbooks with Normal OR Exceptional qualities.

Request.

Bod Option: add a "Fill from container" Option so you don't need to click each individual item required by the bod. Exactly the same thing that exists with the City Trade order quests.
Thanks for the feedback. We are evaluating the conversion rate as folks get through testing. I've seen requests as high as 50% of value getting banked, which is untenable. As you point out, as far as blacksmithy is concerned, the point values scale up pretty dramatically as you move up the material types. The real question then becomes: how many of the lowest end BODs (iron/10-20) should result in getting the highest point cost (1000-1200) rewards?

As far as new BOD systems requiring ML ingedients/rare resources are concerned we will be adjusting them as needed based on feedback - thanks everyone for TC1 feedback!

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There's a mass accumulation of low level BODs that are required to fill large BODs that would previously be the only way to attain certain high level crafting rewards. Right now small BODs are, as have been pointed out many times, largely worthless outside being used in large BODs. Now there is a value for them. The balancing factor is concerned with giving small BODs value while still preserving value of large BODs. Large BODs are, and continue to be, the most effective path at getting high level rewards. Now, aside from being used for large BODs, small BODs are worth points towards rewards they previously were worthless against achieving. Is it worth spending some of your ingot/cloth/etc supply to fill them? That's up to you. The fractional conversion rate is something we are monitoring throughout testing and will adjust as necessary - keeping in mind that the most effective path to high level rewards will continue to be large BODs and not become small BODs. Thanks for the feedback.

Ky, the saving system is worthless. The reason this is, is because your rewards system is not scaled correctly.

The math determines currently that it is not up to me, but the economical loss you take to use the points saving system.

450 points = 1 powder of fort which is valued at 100k.

i did one small bod of 10 exceptional spears. = 120 ingots, actual points were 210 points vs saved of 1.05 points. So to bank enough you need to do 428.6 of the same bod = 120*428=51,360 ingots
51,360 ingots x 8 gold (this is being generously cheap) = 410,880 gold for an item that sells for 100k.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the feedback. We are evaluating the conversion rate as folks get through testing. I've seen requests as high as 50% of value getting banked, which is untenable. As you point out, as far as blacksmithy is concerned, the point values scale up pretty dramatically as you move up the material types. The real question then becomes: how many of the lowest end BODs (iron/10-20) should result in getting the highest point cost (1000-1200)?

As far as new BOD systems requiring ML ingedients/rare resources are concerned we will be adjusting them as needed based on feedback - thanks everyone for TC1 feedback!
If the high end rewards is the concern, then scale up their cost ten fold and scale up the large bods value ten fold as well and allow us to bank at least 10% of the bod value.
Then we will at least feel we would be rewarded for turning in a trash bod and would still take a lot of them to get the high end rewards.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bowcraft and Carpentry bribing is bugged. It goes from Yew to Bloodwood and then backwards to Heartwood.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I'm just not lazy.
I currently have 29 vendors at one house all holding bods, Sorry I don't lag even a little.
I got 77 at my Fel Castle and have ZERO lag. People just want to whine without a clue as to why. I love this because now I will get 100% what I want everytime I turn in a BOD/LBOD, I hated that %90/%80 ********

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I copied char with some filled BODs for testing.

Tailor LBOD worth 550 points give me selection keep or claim points, got CBD.
Tailor LBOD worth 725 points give me no selection keep points or not, it instantly let me choice reward. Got BRSK for 700 points and zero left as remaining pool of points.

Pre pub95 system had random chance to boost junk reward one or two levels up. Like 120 PS tailor BOD sometimes gives BRSK.
Post pub95 system have controlled choice to get any lower reward, like HRSK instead of 120 PS

Shall I turn all my filled BODs before pub95 hit ww?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really wish to see how much points BOD worth before turning it to NPC. Both property on BOD and column in BOD book please
:please:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the feedback. We are evaluating the conversion rate as folks get through testing. I've seen requests as high as 50% of value getting banked, which is untenable. As you point out, as far as blacksmithy is concerned, the point values scale up pretty dramatically as you move up the material types. The real question then becomes: how many of the lowest end BODs (iron/10-20) should result in getting the highest point cost (1000-1200) rewards?
I love the ability to pick my reward, no more Tailor 120 Scrolls for Horned Runic LBODs TYVM. As far as points go even at 1 point for a 10 normal iron BOD it would take you forever to get a Val Runic Hammer so I really do not see even people scripting BODs like so many are whining will happen. Thank You for listening to our feedback.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I love the ability to pick my reward, no more Tailor 120 Scrolls for Horned Runic LBODs TYVM. As far as points go even at 1 point for a 10 normal iron BOD it would take you forever to get a Val Runic Hammer so I really do not see even people scripting BODs like so many are whining will happen. Thank You for listening to our feedback.
For the large bods, this was about the best part of the system they implemented.

It just needs to be scaled correctly.

I'm working on the math myself for suggestions to them to scale the blacksmith system on so far. This will take a while though.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For the large bods, this was about the best part of the system they implemented.

I'm working on the math myself for suggestions to them to scale the blacksmith system on so far. This will take a while though.
I ought to put some hours on that too during the weekend.
A geometric progression formula for the prices and bod values seem to be the best way to go.
It would also have the benefit of allowing someone to turn in a larger point bod, banking the points and claiming many lower end rewards, saving them time.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just make sure what scale you come up with does not hurt the honest player by bring back all the BOD Scripters.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just make sure what scale you come up with does not hurt the honest player by bring back all the BOD Scripters.

The good part of this is that we have known quantities of what it costs or takes to receive a valorite hammer. This is ideally the top end item in blacksmithy. (I'm open to arguments here.)

We also know other quantities of existing rewards. This will be scaled accordingly based on type and value.

We know costs of items.

My thought here is to scale down points value through the ingots system so that even scripting iron ingots to get a valorite hammer through the rewards system is almost break even from cost vs reward but does have a little value to it. (idk 100k net?)

But it's going to take time.

I can understand the hesitation with new items but you could scale them also based on the above. They already have them scaled at roughly 75% of valorite hammer points. That's fine, we'd just have to maintain that.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Kyronix
I'm not sure if this was addressed or if I just missed it. I did see one person ask about it though. I do not see any love for Mallet & Chisel Runics, under new BoD setup or otherwise. At the moment it's really hard to get them and when you do they have a terrible charge count. Is this being addressed or is it at least something that is being considered for change in the future?

The Original post asked if it was part of the new Carpentry BoD rewards, which would be fantastic if this was true.

Any thoughts on this?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would also have the benefit of allowing someone to turn in a larger point bod, banking the points and claiming many lower end rewards, saving them time.
You can't claim multiple rewards, once you got reward you have zero points left. I did test with 725 points tailor LBOD

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can't claim multiple rewards, once you got reward you have zero points left. I did test with 725 points tailor LBOD
Did you bank or did you claim the reward right away? By claiming the reward right away, you forfeit the spare points left from your bod value.
I am talking about banking (which is hard to test right now because you get so FEW points for turning in bods).

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
for anyone to test, during the artisan festival bod turn in, do you think the small shards will be able to bump the tree high enough? maybe better to take bods to atl?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Bealank proposed was that you can claim lower level rewards and the balance was banked or you could claim more than one reward as long as the total did not exceed the points value of the BOD/LBOD.