• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a question about the artisan festival. Being on Siege how will this work with vvv since more than half the towns turn vvv.. I have a crafter and I dont want to turn orange.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a question about the artisan festival. Being on Siege how will this work with vvv since more than half the towns turn vvv.. I have a crafter and I dont want to turn orange.
You don't need to be in the City all the time to craft the BODs, only to turn them in. This way you can turn them in when VvV isn't active.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few of us had hoped for some control 'and' for crap bods to be worth something besides being thrown on the floor.
*le sigh*

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few of us had hoped for some control 'and' for crap bods to be worth something besides being thrown on the floor.
*le sigh*
I was hoping the same thing but it seems to be a good balance to prevent scripting abuse.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not like that fact that your "Use Now" and "Banked" points do not add together.

Also as a small example: Why make a bod worth 250 "use now" pts when the rewards at that lvl are 200 pts, then 350 pts? Sucks that we lose unused pts each time on "use now" if the reward we choose is lower than the bod pts amount.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was hoping the same thing but it seems to be a good balance to prevent scripting abuse.
I think if this is all true, scripters will be the only ones banking points. who else is gonna go to the effort and turn em in for 1/4 of what they are worth?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be clear, I was honestly confused by it, was not intending to sound like a smartass, if it came across that way
You didn't at all. To do it quickly in your head half the points twice and shift the decimal. So a val 20 ex would be 20 points (800> 400> 200> 20)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not like that fact that your "Use Now" and "Banked" points do not add together.

Also as a small example: Why make a bod worth 250 "use now" pts when the rewards at that lvl are 200 pts, then 350 pts? Sucks that we lose unused pts each time on "use now" if the reward we choose is lower than the bod pts amount.
Key is to choose the bod that is closest in points. I'll be delving into it the next few days to get all the point values for each bod. Smith only. I don't do thread :)

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This system was the best ! POFs for verite except BODs (((((( I think it is too :confused2:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This system was the best ! POFs for verite except BODs (((((( I think it is too :confused2:
Why would you turn in a verite exceptional when a shadow iron will do? I never understood the big thing with pof. I can take an iron bod and bribe it twice for a shadow that gives a pof 90% of the time...

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bod talismans in the selection menu, when moused over, should show the % of skill boost they offer...keep some people from wasting points by choosing one and then finding out it is actually lower than the talisman they already have.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A reminder - we've known how the base point system for Smith & Tailor BODs have worked for about 13 years. The only change was the addition of some random bonus points for the higher end BODs 5-7 years ago. So, calculating the banked points should be fairly easy, if it's working right.

Value: Size points + Exceptional points (if applicable) + LBOD type (if applicable) + material

Size (both smith & tailor) : 10 ct = 10 points, 15 ct = 25 points, 20 ct = 50 points

Exceptional =+200 points for smith BODs.

Large BODs-Smith:
Polearm, Ringmail: 200
Chainmail, 6-part weapon (Sword, Axe, Mace): 300
Fencing: 350
Platemail: 400

Metals
Iron: 0
Dull Copper: 200
Shadow Iron: 250
Copper: 300
Bronze: 350
Golden: 400
Agapite: 450
Verite: 500
Valorite: 550

The highest value Smith BOD is worth 1200 points (20 EX smith plate LBOD). Ironically, the individual smalls would be 6x 800 pts.

Tailor BODs:

Size (both smith & tailor) : 10 ct = 10 points, 15 ct = 25 points, 20 ct = 50 points

EXCEPTIONAL is only 100 points in the reward calculation, not 200.

Materials: Spined Leather is 50 Points, Horned 100 points, and Barbed 150 points.

Large BODs are worth more, and are more streamlined, as leather and cloth LBODs go by their part count, regardless if all cloth, all leather, or several cloth smalls with a leather footwear BOD. 4-parters are 300 points, 5-parters are worth 400 points, and 6-parters are worth 500 points.

FAME from BODs (both types):

Take the total point value of the BOD.
Divide by 50, round down.
The fame reward is the resulting number SQUARED.

So, for example:
  1. a normal 10 or 15 count iron, cloth or leather BOD is 0 fame (less than 50 points, so less than 1 rounded down is 0)
  2. a 20 ct of the same gives 1 point (50/50 = 1; 1^2 = 1) of fame
  3. a 10 count exceptional cloth small gives 4 fame (110/50 = 2.2, rounded down to 2. 2^2 = 4)
  4. a 15 count exceptional iron small gives 16 fame (225/50 = 4.5, rounded down to 4. 4^2 =16)
  5. and so on. The most fame from a Tailor BOD is 256 (16 squared). The most fame from a smith BOD is 576 (24 squared).
Note that, unlike combat fame, BOD fame awards are not reduced based on your existing fame, but cumulative. You can max out Karma just turning in BODs; 60-100 LBODs can get you to the 30,000 cap quickly.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why the hell would you want the old system where it took Verite exceptionals to get POF?

The CURRENT BOD system gives POF for NORMAL GOLD AND AGAPITE smalls (20% Bronze 20 normal, gold 10 & 15 normal; 90% Gold 20 normal, Agapite 10 & 15 normal)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
why u helping the scripters? you don't do anything about cheating, but now you actually help them, again. ive ask the dev not to do a point system because there will surely be huge abuse from bod filling scripts. it will also make it so easy to get want u want, the market will be flooded, and economy will suffer even more in the future. ill have to test the new fletching and carpentry bods but it seems the wont have to script in heartwood, now they can script in house. more freakin bods? are u kidding? what was needed for crafting was to improve runics and imbueing, the loot is so good where u can get many mods with 20 plus to all resists. all the good new loot is 255 durability too, no need for powder/brittle. i also need to know what bods give what. how can we assess without a bod reward list update. i have filled bods to possibly turn in, all the bribing, all the filling ive done, it seems the ill get royally screwed. the new talismans, a lot of resources out there, would rather use the normal craft talismans. i feel some the these changes need to be scapped like the point system. they need to improve reforging and imbueing because the loot is too powerful. this maybe the last straw for me. hope the devs listen. just my opinions lol
u can get any reward you want by simply bribing them up. there's no need for point system except to help the bod scripters.

Last edited:

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix
Gargoyles are not able to wear the new talismans.

Will the POF keg, paintings, lanterns, sculptures and pillows be labelled differently or remain as is?
Will the sleigh and reindeer be turnable, as it now only goes the 1 direction?

I love the idea of the Artisan festival, Good work Dev's.
I just hope 30 days is long enough for me to obtain all the rewards!..(greedy elf)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why the hell would you want the old system where it took Verite exceptionals to get POF?

The CURRENT BOD system gives POF for NORMAL GOLD AND AGAPITE smalls (20% Bronze 20 normal, gold 10 & 15 normal; 90% Gold 20 normal, Agapite 10 & 15 normal)
Always preferred 10x and 15x sbods for pof but I agree using a verite one would be silly

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why u helping the scripters? you don't do anything about cheating, but now you actually help them, again. ive ask the dev not to do a point system because there will surely be huge abuse from bod filling scripts. it will also make it so easy to get want u want, the market will be flooded, and economy will suffer even more in the future. ill have to test the new fletching and carpentry bods but it seems the wont have to script in heartwood, now they can script in house. more freakin bods? are u kidding? what was needed for crafting was to improve runics and imbueing, the loot is so good where u can get many mods with 20 plus to all resists. all the good new loot is 255 durability too, no need for powder/brittle. i also need to know what bods give what. how can we assess without a bod reward list update. i have filled bods to possibly turn in, all the bribing, all the filling ive done, it seems the ill get royally screwed. the new talismans, a lot of resources out there, would rather use the normal craft talismans. i feel some the these changes need to be scapped like the point system. they need to improve reforging and imbueing because the loot is too powerful. this maybe the last straw for me. hope the devs listen. just my opinions lol
Honestly I feel they did a great job. Anything besides weapon bods would be literally pointless to turn in for point accumulation since they are better off turning those in at one shot. As Basara has pointed out the points for the rewards has not changed at all. If someone is handing in weapon bods to accumulate points they are going to be disappointed. 6 piece weapon will give less than 10 points. The profit isn't there.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are these 5 colors from the Tailor/5 new cloth hues or from the Alchemist/5 new natural dye hues?
They both look the same to me?

The bottles of dyes that I used I am assuming are the Alchy dyes....(Forgot which clicky I clicked! Checking again now) They just say Various BOD Rewards :/

The bolts of cloth are the tailor rewards I would guess but they do look the same to me?

Will log into the EC to hue ID them.

boltsdyes.jpg

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They both look the same to me?

The bottles of dyes that I used I am assuming are the Alchy dyes....(Forgot which clicky I clicked! Checking again now) They just say Various BOD Rewards :/

The bolts of cloth are the tailor rewards I would guess but they do look the same to me?

Will log into the EC to hue ID them.

View attachment 56286
Thank you! :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay I'm a bit slow...how do you *bank* BOD points? (While I'm waiting for the EC to patch lol)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I'm a bit slow...how do you *bank* BOD points? (While I'm waiting for the EC to patch lol)
When you turn a BOD into the NPC it will bring up a small box asking you if you wish to save the points for later (bank) or use them now. If you bank them, you will only receive .025% of the original point amount.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By clicking "Yes", when turning in a BOD :)
You have the option to take the whole points, but you have to take a reward before you can turn in another BOD. You can take rewards that cost less, but the whole points of this BOD are lost. The other option is to click "No" then 1/200 of the points are stored. You can always take rewards from the stored points and only the points of the reward are taken from them. The rest of the points will stay.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
.25%??? Wow...well I guess it's better then nothing :) Thanks!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So I ID'd the hues on the bottles and bolts, they are the same colors.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.25%??? Wow...well I guess it's better then nothing :) Thanks!
People have said it's 0.025% which is far far from 0.25%. Banking to look for say 100 points would indicate you need to actually bank up 4000 points. Seems drastic to me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Somewhere there has to be a design document laying out what bods give what points, and the point cost for each reward.

There also has to be a formula for banked points...If a particular bod is worth say, 100 points, and at the time of turnin you choose to bank the points, how many points do you actually get to bank? what percentage?

Are there any plans for a revamp of the way bod books work??

Someone have any answers to this? I'm looking for a reason to get excited about these changes, but so far I am severely underwhelmed.
Believe Mesanna said at the last Meet and Greet that they were NOT going to change the counts on BODs because you can simply put them on a vendor... but you have to basically empty your freaking backpack to add bods to them... so by not changing it they are still an extreme inconvenience and not worth the bother I don't care what fancy crap they add for rewards.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so help me with the math then. I filled a normal 15 count robe BOD.
This is the gump I get for that one.

points.jpg

Now, I tried to turn in another one and it says I can't until I claim my reward...so I can't build up points or is this a bug?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Believe Mesanna said at the last Meet and Greet that they were NOT going to change the counts on BODs because you can simply put them on a vendor... but you have to basically empty your freaking backpack to add bods to them... so by not changing it they are still an extreme inconvenience and not worth the bother I don't care what fancy crap they add for rewards.
Get over this!

Yes we would all like bod books to take one lockdown, Mesanna said it's not going to happen.
Big Freakin' Deal!
Use a vendor to store them on, it costs 60gp a day (21k for an entire year) since you aren't really putting a price on them.
If you can't afford 21k a year, maybe you should go play another game that suits you better.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I feel they did a great job. Anything besides weapon bods would be literally pointless to turn in for point accumulation since they are better off turning those in at one shot. As Basara has pointed out the points for the rewards has not changed at all. If someone is handing in weapon bods to accumulate points they are going to be disappointed. 6 piece weapon will give less than 10 points. The profit isn't there.
I'm not as excited. I think it needs some tweaks. Here are my complaints:
1. Saved points don't add to those redeemed on bod turn-in
2. Choosing a reward below your point total for a turn-in forfeits remainder of points.
3. Fractional accumulation is too low for any non-scripter to utilize.

It's an improvement over what we currently have, though. I suppose not getting a +5 gloves when trying to get POF will be worthwhile enough on its own to merit the change.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay so help me with the math then. I filled a normal 15 count robe BOD.
This is the gump I get for that one.

View attachment 56290

Now, I tried to turn in another one and it says I can't until I claim my reward...so I can't build up points or is this a bug?
You can build up banked points, you cannot build up use now points.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Get over this!

Yes we would all like bod books to take one lockdown, Mesanna said it's not going to happen.
Big Freakin' Deal!
Use a vendor to store them on, it costs 60gp a day (21k for an entire year) since you aren't really putting a price on them.
If you can't afford 21k a year, maybe you should go play another game that suits you better.
Why should I get over something that was flawed to begin with?

Honestly you like emptying your backpack to add bods to the books???

And you want to go to your house and lag out and cause everyone to lag over having 20+ vendors at your house?????

I sure as hell don't. I find it unacceptable. And I don't want to have to deal with paying a vendor I don't care how cheap it is. I don't want them on my house.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can build up banked points, you cannot build up use now points.
Seriously....well I guess since you're turning them in to use for the festival that makes sense....@Kyronix when will that be turned on?
Oh here's the gump for a 10 count normal cloth bod (robe)

10Normal.jpg

So either 10 points or .05 points...which actually is pretty good considering you can accumulate the banked points, just fill a ton of junk bods to get a good reward, makes sense to me.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think they could allow point build ups to be too high due to scripters. I agree it doesn't add up to anything I'm willing to do but I do now have control over what I can get for a reward which is awesome.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dyed the Christmas tree but don't notice any difference, Tried 3 different color plant dyes.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
these bod filling scripters turn in all tons of bods to get better bods, or to fill good ones, it doesnt matter, no real work for them..now they get points, it will add up. they can fill 500 bods in no time. u can also pick the reward u want. before they would have to actually do something like bribing to get that good reward. a lot script mine too, endless ingots. the point is the dev are making the game for cheating and do nothing about it where honest people get screwed and leave. I spent so much time, money, bribing and filling val large bods. scrap the point system please, at least for tailor and smith ty

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh one more thing, I've tried twice to get the special hued cloth and it keeps giving me the titles, I think the gump is off a bit lol

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I got a bod for 10 normal Mischief Makers, could not bribe it.
Then I made the 10 Mischief Makers, and I was bot able to add them to the bod, it did not accept them as the right item