• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Why I Love Siege"

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Before the haters pile on... Siege has every right to post here. We are unique and every now and then we would like some attention. There is no other game like Siege. Let us have a voice on UHall.

Yeah, Stratics... That is kind of the consensus. Which of you understand Siege?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've never minded hearing about Siege.

And I'm beginning to think it can't be nearly as bad as all the real world news I've been watching lately.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Before the haters pile on... Siege has every right to post here. We are unique and every now and then we would like some attention. There is no other game like Siege. Let us have a voice on UHall.

Yeah, Stratics... That is kind of the consensus. Which of you understand Siege?
Have you been drinking by any chance?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege could be really good if they just made gear more available, but that's beating a dead horse. *cough partially implemented VvV which is now pointless to farm for most people cough*

I may dislike most of the siege players, but it makes it more fun to kill them, that's for sure! Zora had killed and looted someone named Event Horizon yesterday for the second time and he threatened him saying he won't last long on the shard (lol so mad). I've been told by Freja and Hugi that if you kill a GIL member and loot them, that they will trade embargo you and won't fight or interact with you in game at all, and will encourage the rest of the shard to follow suit. Sounds like a holier-than-thou attitude and a bullying attempt to play a certain way, which is amazingly funny considering they preach 'veteran shard' but can't handle the inconvenience of being looted.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There are good people, there are bad people. Just like apples in a barrel. I like playing on Siege, being a part of the Void Pool was fun. Holding the line for 9.5 hours was hard. Meeting Zora for the first time and dieing the same day in game because of her/him and buddies, lucky I was in the house or I am sure she/he would loot me. Seeing Zora in Luna after tricking another of a falling house reminded me of chicken little's "the sky is falling". Well I know a trick or two as well.

<11338910>Zora: which town is 1 fc?
<11338910>Eva: where do i get a house placement tool? one of the in house luna houses just fell

Everyone on Siege paste that ID# in your profile, no more Chicken Little "The Sky is Falling" to worry about.

As I said above there are good people and there are bad people on Siege, most are very good, and hardly a bad apple around, of course you got to watch that Victim, he loves to kiss those Covetour Drakes and Dragons "alot". ;)

I hate only a couple things on Siege, three times the prices when buying from NPCs and Griefers that ruin the fun of others. On Sonoma all we can do is put them on ignore, but on Siege we can "Dismount Them, Kill Them, Loot them, send them home in Spirit". If you decide to join the fun on Siege someday be sure to say "Hello Siege" in General Chat.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmmm Why I Love Atlantic..? oh wait this is about Siege hehe :p. Well it's a unique Shard with a passionate community that follows the old rule set, tried it a few times and got PK'ed twice... so that's why I prefer Atlantic :D

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege could be really good if they just made gear more available, but that's beating a dead horse. *cough partially implemented VvV which is now pointless to farm for most people cough*

I may dislike most of the siege players, but it makes it more fun to kill them, that's for sure! Zora had killed and looted someone named Event Horizon yesterday for the second time and he threatened him saying he won't last long on the shard (lol so mad). I've been told by Freja and Hugi that if you kill a GIL member and loot them, that they will trade embargo you and won't fight or interact with you in game at all, and will encourage the rest of the shard to follow suit. Sounds like a holier-than-thou attitude and a bullying attempt to play a certain way, which is amazingly funny considering they preach 'veteran shard' but can't handle the inconvenience of being looted.
Bo says alot of things, bo dont remember saying that ****. Bo just said if Bo was you watch your looting especially on sunday events. Also event horizon was/is in your last guild b^a, ya know the one you left last week. He is one of the founders of that guild, that is vinny.
It is kinda of funny bout the loot thing tho. They get pissed if you loot them, meanwhile Bo has been trying to get insurance added to siege for what the past 10 years. And most of the people that are against it are the ones that get pissed if you loot them.
just fyi if you gave them a fair fight, you will prolly get more fights, and they wont be so upset bout the looting. just turn that **** off.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja did say that but it was not only about looting, it had also to do with fair fights and not using that **** :p
I think it count for most, they are more minded to come back for more if the fight are fair and looting is not to heavy. Some do have harder than others to replace lost gear, special new PvP'ers who die a lot.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are PvPrS and then there are just plain griefers, I love the PvP guys and love watching the PvP. The Zora multiple personality person is just a pathetic griefer. They come and they go. In the end they talk alot and believe they are really important and in the grand scheme of things and history are just insignificant little specs that no one really remembers a few months down the road, just minor annoyances. Ya wow another hardcore cheat that is going to kill everyone and take their suits. Pretty sure all of the Siege regulars have about the same thought as I do........ Big Deal, I only have a couple hundred more suits built and ready to put on, just the like the one you took :) As to GIL and not trading with you, hell Why would you expect a guild that you grief constantly to trade or interact with you? Att he rate you have been going I am quite amazed that anyone would even speak to you let alone trade with you. You can do whatever you want but don't whine about the consequences of your actions.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been told by Freja and Hugi that if you kill a GIL member and loot them, that they will trade embargo you and won't fight or interact with you in game at all, and will encourage the rest of the shard to follow suit. Sounds like a holier-than-thou attitude and a bullying attempt to play a certain way, which is amazingly funny considering they preach 'veteran shard' but can't handle the inconvenience of being looted
The only time Gilfane has said no looting is on the VVV Sundays. This was done to encourage more vvv players. We will not negotiate with any cheaters, scammers etc, and that's exactly what you are. You forgot to mention your friend Zora stole a comm deed box from the auction. Gilfane has taken measures so that this will not happen again.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QUOTE="OREOGL, post: 2731860, member: 170480"]Love me some Siege drama

:popcorn:[/QUOTE]

Wrong. No Siege Drama but Atlantic cheaters making trouble and occupying a thread.

Back to OP.

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never got pissed off for Zora looting me, loot away. I would have too if the tables were turned. I was coming to help someone I thought was new and show them were to buy the item they were asking about. Turns out a incognito spell was used to hide his name which was very crafty on his part and I give him props for that. Never went off really, typical prodo char coming to Siege only to be seen for a month or 2 and never to be seen again unless he can get his buddies to come play with him.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Atlantic is a different shard than Siege. A lot new Siege PvP'er need a little time to find their feets on Siege. Will Zora make it here, I don't know but I believe it can be a little harder here and a little softer way may work better as there will be less suit to replace for them.
They may loot a lot of suit, but they may not fit the template they are using so most on Siege have learned, it's better to keep their own suit than lose one and loot an other.
I'm happy to see more PvP'ers here and I had seen many in the past start out the hard way. Some made it here, some did not, but it was way easier 10-12 years ago.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are good people, there are bad people. Just like apples in a barrel. I like playing on Siege, being a part of the Void Pool was fun. Holding the line for 9.5 hours was hard. Meeting Zora for the first time and dieing the same day in game because of her/him and buddies, lucky I was in the house or I am sure she/he would loot me. Seeing Zora in Luna after tricking another of a falling house reminded me of chicken little's "the sky is falling". Well I know a trick or two as well.

<11338910>Zora: which town is 1 fc?
<11338910>Eva: where do i get a house placement tool? one of the in house luna houses just fell

Everyone on Siege paste that ID# in your profile, no more Chicken Little "The Sky is Falling" to worry about.

As I said above there are good people and there are bad people on Siege, most are very good, and hardly a bad apple around, of course you got to watch that Victim, he loves to kiss those Covetour Drakes and Dragons "alot". ;)

I hate only a couple things on Siege, three times the prices when buying from NPCs and Griefers that ruin the fun of others. On Sonoma all we can do is put them on ignore, but on Siege we can "Dismount Them, Kill Them, Loot them, send them home in Spirit". If you decide to join the fun on Siege someday be sure to say "Hello Siege" in General Chat.
Why not just ask the devs to remove the Incognito spell on Siege instead ? Yeah my response is lame, but sorry, so is writing down someones ID and then telling everyone in gen chat. Some of us don't need to be mothered like that. Whoever this Zora is, they were using what appears to me to be an old tactic that only the really stupid would fall for, but still legal to do. If we've got new players that are so new they can be fooled by the "oh gosh come to this place and help me cuz I've fallen and can't get up"...well.....

Also, while Im sure there were good intentions with yet another Siege thread, all it's really doing is keeping the hate alive towards us....that' s how I see it....

Last edited:

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do love Siege. I love vendoring not too expensive lrc type suits for the newbies. Problem is they ruined the nightmare spawn in Cove where I got the barbed leather. I cannot seem to deal with the greater dragons so I ran out of leather and boom I was done. I could not make my suits anymore. I know I could be killed on Siege but honestly that just adds a little spice. I loved the production shards but when I got tired of Tram I went to Siege and found an awesome community. I just need a reasonable way to get my barbed leather and I would be back. Don't discount Siege. It is a wonderful place.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do love Siege. I love vendoring not too expensive lrc type suits for the newbies. Problem is they ruined the nightmare spawn in Cove where I got the barbed leather. I cannot seem to deal with the greater dragons so I ran out of leather and boom I was done. I could not make my suits anymore. I know I could be killed on Siege but honestly that just adds a little spice. I loved the production shards but when I got tired of Tram I went to Siege and found an awesome community. I just need a reasonable way to get my barbed leather and I would be back. Don't discount Siege. It is a wonderful place.
Come on back, i've got plenty of barbed for ya just collecting dust. Suit making is a tough gig here though, you wont profit from it unless you do the entire suit yourself, someone will just buy up your cheap lrc suits and resell them.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is a nightmare spawn in the dark area just below doom.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you mean by :"entire suit by yourself"? I made the parts and imbued. I guess if someone resells they just resell. Not sure how I could get around that. Ahh I do know that area. I use to tame them there but you have to search everywhere for them whereas in Cove they spawned very quickly closeby. Was easy to farm the leather fairly quickly. Whereas around Doom the area is large where they spawn unless something has changed. I appreciate the advice.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assumed you were trying to sell a basic lrc suit because you were limited as to what you could imbue on it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean by :"entire suit by yourself"? I made the parts and imbued. I guess if someone resells they just resell. Not sure how I could get around that. Ahh I do know that area. I use to tame them there but you have to search everywhere for them whereas in Cove they spawned very quickly closeby. Was easy to farm the leather fairly quickly. Whereas around Doom the area is large where they spawn unless something has changed. I appreciate the advice.
I used to farm barbed from the nightmares in the back of wind, then I discovered merchant ships :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is one in the park in Wind, and then one in Malas as well. not to mention the white wyrm in ice is easier than a nightmare at this point and has more leather. oh, and trader ships on the high seas are easy and have tons of leather most of the time

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assumed you were trying to sell a basic lrc suit because you were limited as to what you could imbue on it.
Ahh no I have the skills needed to make the entire suit to whatever extent I have materials. I usually just stuck with lrc, mana regen, etc. lol Can't even quite think what the suit was but it did not use special ingredients so I could sell reasonable.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is one in the park in Wind, and then one in Malas as well. not to mention the white wyrm in ice is easier than a nightmare at this point and has more leather. oh, and trader ships on the high seas are easy and have tons of leather most of the time
Well this is sad but I did not realize that white wyrms gave barbed. I guess I should have. I have never done the trader ships. Thank you so much for the good advice. Just another reason I love Siege and its players. I shall have to see what I can do about getting leather. :)