• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

when is RTB to take place?

Blacklisted86

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
could use a UO fix but this game isnt worth paying a monthly fee for, are they still doing return to brit? and if so when?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes it still happens occasionally.

The time the next one will happen has not been announced yet.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't be such a cheapskate! It's well worth the $10 (£10) a month and if you played before then you probably know this already.
It's only $10/mo if you're paying 6mo at a time, before taxes, which someone who just wants a quick fix is probably not going to do.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can say what they like. I and a few others now know the truth.
There won't be another RtB as the game will be F2P once Steam is agreed with EA.

Deny it all you like, we'll see who's right come the end of the year. ;)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There won't be another RtB as the game will be F2P once Steam is agreed with EA.

By the end of the year? I'll take that action.

Name your price.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And does anyone really care?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's only $10/mo if you're paying 6mo at a time, before taxes, which someone who just wants a quick fix is probably not going to do.
see that little E thing in front of the 10 he put down.... when you figure out what that means you can join the conversation again. :) Ill give you a hint he lives on a different continent.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as the OP is concerned though... trial account it up if you need a quick nostalgia fix. If you want to actually play... well 15 dollars isnt that bad considering its a month long.

or you can go to my facebook and look at the endless pictures i have on their for free..... oooooo pictures. :)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
see that little E thing in front of the 10 he put down.... when you figure out what that means you can join the conversation again. :) Ill give you a hint he lives on a different continent.
Hey diddums, did you see the post I was replying to? I know it's really really hard to read words that come after words, but here, let me put it there again for you. Try harder this time, champ! I believe in you!

Don't be such a cheapskate! It's well worth the $10 (£10) a month and if you played before then you probably know this already.
And then I replied referencing the different rates for different lengths of subscription time

Now if you could take a walk until you understand context, that'd be great.

Bye, Felicia!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the end of the year? I'll take that action.

Name your price.
I put up my entire account that's on hold now, all 14.7 Platimum worth.
I'm not paying anything more to play a subpar version of UO anymore, this game now is an embarrassment to an "official" server.
Almost ALL free servers now put this paid subscription version to shame.

You can all continue to pay monthly wages for people that are doing nothing but slowly killing UO, I will not.
Take EA to court for full ownership of UO or for Christ sake kill the game and put us out of our misery, were only here still because we have so many years invested we cannot walk away.
Do the decent thing and kill it for us.

Broadsword are basically your street corner drug dealer, charging you too much for your fix of crap.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey diddums, did you see the post I was replying to? I know it's really really hard to read words that come after words, but here, let me put it there again for you. Try harder this time, champ! I believe in you!

And then I replied referencing the different rates for different lengths of subscription time

Now if you could take a walk until you understand context, that'd be great.

Bye, Felicia!

lol, @Aran with your arrogance there is never a dull moment.

quite simply put. @DJAd is on the European continent... meaning it may be 10 euros not dollars for him to play for a month even with out buying a 6month GTC....

Even if you dont buy that... get it "buy" that... with exchange rates it might still be 10 euros to the american 13.99 dollars.

Further more UO.com is the american website... other countries often have to deal with other websites to buy things. for instance the asian website provided the singing balls and secret chests, while the american website didnt.

This response brought to you by derp...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not paying anything more to play a subpar version of UO anymore, this game now is an embarrassment to an "official" server.

You can all continue to pay monthly wages for people that are doing nothing but slowly killing UO, I will not.
Take EA to court for full ownership of UO or for Christ sake kill the game and put us out of our misery, were only here still because we have so many years invested we cannot walk away.

Broadsword are basically your street corner drug dealer, charging you too much for your fix of crap.
Okay, so to get this straight you're throwing up 14.7 platinum that UO will go free to play by the end of the year?

To be clear this means by the end of the year we will be able to log in without paying.

I'm down.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so to get this straight you're throwing up 14.7 platinum that UO will go free to play by the end of the year?

To be clear this means by the end of the year we will be able to log in without paying.

I'm down.
Look's like I'm gonna be another 14.7 Platinum richer in time for Xmas shopping. ;)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Look's like I'm gonna be another 14.7 Platinum richer in time for Xmas shopping. ;)
That's one way of looking at it. I almost feel bad making you start over...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, @Aran with your arrogance there is never a dull moment.

quite simply put. @DJAd is on the European continent... meaning it may be 10 euros not dollars for him to play for a month even with out buying a 6month GTC....

Even if you dont buy that... get it "buy" that... with exchange rates it might still be 10 euros to the american 13.99 dollars.

Further more UO.com is the american website... other countries often have to deal with other websites to buy things. for instance the asian website provided the singing balls and secret chests, while the american website didnt.

This response brought to you by derp...
I didn't think anyone could miss the point this hard.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No more RtB.....
:rolleyes:
On the contrary, RtB should be yearly, Sept. 15th to Oct 15th. With plenty of advertising on uo.com, origin.com, massively, etc.

This would give returning players a bit of anniversary pomp as well as a taste of any Halloween content (which should start on Oct. 1 like clockwork). We want them to get excited and resub, remember?

Or would you rather UO continue on the slow slide to unprofitability and certain cancellation?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RTB, when it happens, is usually in September to coincide with the birthday.
I put the price in context by comparing a month of UO, as many hours as you like, to a trip to the cinema, lasting just a couple of hours.
OMG you can still go see a movie for less than a UO 1 mo. sub, where do you live?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Then please do us all a favor and cancel/delete all your UO Accounts and have Stratics delete your stratics account while you are at it. Why do you even post, oh yea that is right you just like to stir up ****.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What a 100 percent depressive nonsense. Phew, I pity you. Cannot imagine how it feels like to be so negative. I still love playing UO and I always did. And I never asked what Broadsword or anyone else was doing for the game as it was always up to us to decide, what WE WILL DO WITH IT?

If you didn't get that til now, you really didn't understand the magic of UO...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then please do us all a favor and cancel/delete all your UO Accounts and have Stratics delete your stratics account while you are at it. Why do you even post, oh yea that is right you just like to stir up ****.
Because I have as much right as you to comment on a game I have invested 15 years worth of subs into.
I speak the truth as I see it so stop being a keyboard warrior.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because I have as much right as you to comment on a game I have invested 15 years worth of subs into.
I speak the truth as I see it so stop being a keyboard warrior.
Your version of the truth

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ok @Slayvite and @OREOGL

Both of you hand me over your 14.7 Platinum and I will manage it until we get to the end of the year and determine who the winner of this official wager is.

I am sure you both would want a third party broker to handle this kind of a challenge. Icq is the best way to get a hold of me and I will post to confirm I have each of your amounts.

Both of you are the type that puts your platinum where your mouth is.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you not even read it??? lol.
as I said..I speak the truth as I see it.
Yes I did and as always there is no AS I SEE IT in there but you go on believing what you want and the rest of us will believe the real truth.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I did and as always there is no AS I SEE IT in there but you go on believing what you want and the rest of us will believe the real truth.
Wow, I wonder if I can get what your smoking in the UK......that quote rebuttal makes you look like a "special" keyboard warrior.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok @Slayvite and @OREOGL

Both of you hand me over your 14.7 Platinum and I will manage it until we get to the end of the year and determine who the winner of this official wager is.

I am sure you both would want a third party broker to handle this kind of a challenge. Icq is the best way to get a hold of me and I will post to confirm I have each of your amounts.

I am sure you both are the type that puts your platinum where your mouth is.
I can't wait to see how this turns out! On a side note, I am curious as to which one, if either, is crapping in their pants, because their bluff was called in front of all of Stratics. :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm I actually play UO because I enjoy it, if I did not I would not have been playing since the start of time and continued to this point. Does UO have problems sure it does, but it also has a massive amount of content that can be revisited time and again and never become boring. Seems to me if you get bored in UO it is your own fault.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't wait to see how this turns out! On a side note, I am curious as to which one, if either, is crapping in their pants, because their bluff was called in front of all of Stratics. :)
Someone does or will have 14.7P Poopy moistening their panties in a short time :)

Christina Kardos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Nice gold sink! 14.7 bil less in game!

Btw my feeling is that the game is in a much better state population wise than last year thanks to the "expansion". If the devs keep working hard uo isnt going anywhere!

If by some miracle they find some way to update the graphs the game will flourish again!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Local drive in here does double features for like $6.50 a ticket
You still have a drive in?!?!? Jealous... those were always such fun... I think the last one around here closed back in 1997 maybe...