• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this Easter 2016?

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I actually think it looks fine. The scale actually looks right on that wall instead of being too small or too large. If you are wanting something, well we never to pick but as far as perspective that is much better than most.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the art guy needs the time to make it happen once the idea is approved. Meaning he has to fit it in a spare spot he is not working on content!
...If its non-animated, it really shouldn't take a professional artist much time to make such small pieces of art. I feel like a day is pushing it. :/

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
At least we're getting something right? We didn't get anything this year for Valentine's Day.

My pick for a present....a hooded robe with such insanely high STATS that it would compel every single PVPer in the game to wear it or face instant annihilation in combat! And yes, it would look just like this.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so its a giant Easter card and it shows bunnies and eggs. What should it show at Easter? Christmas puddings?. Easter cards tend to show bunnies, eggs, spring flowers and bright colours in my experience. I find it perfectly apt for Easter.
Id prefer something like death Bunnies roaming the land that drop exploding easter eggs or something. :p

To me Easter seems like the perfect "new plant" holiday. I always associate it with spring and flowers.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I feel like a different generation comes to these boards and complains about everything added to the game or stuff they feel that they are entitled to and it drives me nuts!
I swear, any time someone doesn't like something that makes them "entitled". I really wish people would find a new word, especially because it often doesn't even make sense in context...

Anyway, I get that complaining about "gifts" could be seen as tacky, but there's a few different ways to look at it. 1) Anything we get in game including "gifts" aren't being "given" to us, we are paying for them. We are customers, not charities, we don't need to be snots about it, but that is the reality of the relationship. 2) The holiday gifts are a regular content addition, and as such people want items they have interest in. The only way to let the dev team know the kind of things you might want is to say "hey we don't dig this idea, how about something else?"

I personally don't care really (I'll just trash it or give it away like I usually do), but I can see why people wouldn't be into something so cutesy. I would much perfer a plant in a pastel planter... with an oval for a mouth rather than a circle. ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least we're getting something right? We didn't get anything this year for Valentine's Day.

My pick for a present....a hooded robe with such insanely high STATS that it would compel every single PVPer in the game to wear it or face instant annihilation in combat! And yes, it would look just like this.

Honestly a pink death robe that had rabbit ears (visible on the paper doll only to save art time) would be pretty majestic!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks, there is no reason for complaining. You simply dont get the fine sense of humor our Dev-team has. I can only say: @Mesanna and Team: Congratulations. This is a masterpiece. Please lemme smoke the same stuff you are smoking apparently. Must have been alot of fun, discussing about how to make some really funny piece art that addresses the bunny- and hamser-fraction amongst us. Ahhhh, I remember those glorious nights, when I was 19 and did almost the same stuff you did: Smoking strange stuff and painting funny pictures. I LOVE IT! I will sell all my kings collection paintings and stuff every inch of my castle with these paintings!

No kidding: I AM A HUGE FAN!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's about time UO has started going into a new direction.

When you start getting My Little Pony stuff I be re-subbing. I am a brony after all :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I have a great idea!!!!!!

How about..you know like we have carvable pumpkins on Halloween?

What if....on Easter....they put a special dye tub JUST for Easter eggs and when you dye them you can get different patterns like the pumpkins??

I LIKE IT MAKE IT HAPPEN!! Not now..of course....but put it on your list PLEASE??? :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just some thoughts...
Andrea's Ultima Online page > General > UO Art

Grafikportal | uo-pixel.de

Plus there's unused plants in the existing art still... I'd love to see something as simple as purple and red campion flowers but with green stems:
>>> View attachment 43563 View attachment 43564 View attachment 43565 etc...
^^^ Un-planted flowers, second row, third picture, actually looks a lot like Easter lilies; just needs some leaves beneath the flowers.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I swear, any time someone doesn't like something that makes them "entitled". I really wish people would find a new word, especially because it often doesn't even make sense in context...

Anyway, I get that complaining about "gifts" could be seen as tacky, but there's a few different ways to look at it. 1) Anything we get in game including "gifts" aren't being "given" to us, we are paying for them. We are customers, not charities, we don't need to be snots about it, but that is the reality of the relationship. 2) The holiday gifts are a regular content addition, and as such people want items they have interest in. The only way to let the dev team know the kind of things you might want is to say "hey we don't dig this idea, how about something else?"

I personally don't care really (I'll just trash it or give it away like I usually do), but I can see why people wouldn't be into something so cutesy. I would much perfer a plant in a pastel planter... with an oval for a mouth rather than a circle. ;)
I was going to go through the effort of posting something like this but then realized I didn't care enough to.

She is "entitled" to be wrong after all.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've always thought that was how the different colored plants SHOULD look. I usually use plains in my deco.
Me too. Imho, revert the partial hue "fix" for runebooks and atlases, then... oooh!

What I would LOVE for Easter would be a "plant wand" tool, like the home deco tool. Give it two powers:

1) Switch coloring mode between partial and full hue (for gardening plants)

2) Pot/unpot plants - ie, let us remove the pot from poinsettas, maple trees, snow trees, etc, or add it back on. There'd be so many more deco uses for things like maple trees if I didn't also have to hide that aweful square pot thing it's in.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Awesome idea, please devs

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just some thoughts...
Andrea's Ultima Online page > General > UO Art

Plus there's unused plants in the existing art still... I'd love to see something as simple as purple and red campion flowers but with green stems:
>>> View attachment 43563 View attachment 43564 View attachment 43565 etc...
Yes, please! Man, if the would make plants color just the flowers I would SO get into gardening again in a huge way. It always irritated the crap out of me that plants were paint bucket colored. Feels like so many lost opportunities.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Im still not certain why UO even celebrates Easter... I prefer them to make up some sort of lore of their own.

2. That painting is obviously apart of UO's "zoloft" faze. nothing but happy thoughts.... nothing but happy thoughts...

3. We have gone back to first grade with Ms. Lippy...
weve gone back to elemtary school.jpg

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This has to be the April 1st gift... no way it can be real. Maybe.. just maybe it appears in your pack trolls you for 30 seconds hops out of your pack and buries it self like a vorpal bunny

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh we only celebrate certain holidays in GW2.

Lunar New Year : Lunar New Year is an event celebrating the Canthan new year and is held in the Crown Pavilion in Divinity's Reach

Halloween :Generally observed during last weeks of October, Halloween in Tyria has long been a celebration of the temporary return of Mad King Thorn, a former king of Kryta

Wintersday : The nights may be long and dark, but Tyrians of all races keep joy alive during the ancient holiday of Wintersday. While each race celebrates Wintersday in their own unique way, children all over Tyria share a common love of one thing: toys.

Now we do have festivals and such but game related stuff not real life festivals.

All this talk about a UO art deco item that may not even make it past a patch. I hope they go animine crazy.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An Easter egg container dyed with the multi coloured patterns same as the rare gift boxes one year? With some candy in ,a small pile of candy, not separate pieces thoose takes up too much space.. More like the jelly beans .. How about that?