• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this Easter 2016?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So while perusing the new art in this publish, one particular image caught my eye in the same way noticing a large spider can...

EasterPainting.jpg

Pretty sure this is the Easter gift this year.

It appears to be a basket with eggs and two bunnies... or a line of eggs with two bunnies and rainbow over their heads. Or its a SUPER CREEPY portrait of Willy Wonka.

It's...just...not...UO.

:facepalm:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So while perusing the new art in this publish, one particular image caught my eye in the same way noticing a large spider can...

View attachment 43526

It appears to be a basket with eggs and two bunnies... or a line of eggs with two bunnies and rainbow over their heads. Or its a SUPER CREEPY portrait of Willy Wonka.

It's...just...not...UO.

Where does one find said image?

But you're right, I hope that doesn't make it live.

Thanks but no thanks...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

View attachment 43526

It's...just...not...UO.

There's no way that's real lol That would be insane.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm pretty sure it's a basket, two bunnies and a line of eggs...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You guys gotta stop. I'm trying to play UO but this stuff is just too distracting. How can one not stare at that for like 5 minutes?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You guys gotta stop. I'm trying to play UO but this stuff is just too distracting. How can one not stare at that for like 5 minutes?
No kidding, this looks like something my six year old could crank out in ten minutes.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 43526

It's...just...not...UO.

You know that old thing where if someone complains about a headache you stab them in the leg and they forget about their headache?

Well, so much for rune books being the hot topic.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 43526

It's...just...not...UO.

THIS is worth closing accounts for.... I think the purple egg is Tinky Winky.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's the hang on my 6 year old granddaughters bedroom wall kinda cute...castle and keep cute? not so much

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I love it!!! I love bunnies! I want every single bunny in the game...I started a collection! I want to put them all on my roof...with eggs!

Yes I would love to have this hanging in my castle! I know...I'm odd...but I love it! MORE BUNNIES!!!!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I love it!!! I love bunnies! I want every single bunny in the game...I started a collection! I want to put them all on my roof...with eggs!

Yes I would love to have this hanging in my castle! I know...I'm odd...but I love it! MORE BUNNIES!!!!
This gives me an idea to decorate a place with just the horrid stuff from UO. But the bunnies they gave out the one year with the town names on them were pretty cute.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...am I the only one who thinks it's kinda cute?

I mean... not sure I'd hang it my dignified castle. But it's kinda cute.
To me, it's just another piece of art that doesn't fit the game. Though that's pretty much all of the new art. Like the art isn't even bad... it just doesn't fit to the point that most of it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To me, it's just another piece of art that doesn't fit the game. Though that's pretty much all of the new art. Like the art isn't even bad... it just doesn't fit to the point that most of it sticks out like a sore thumb.
I'd just be happy if they quit making the top of everything a circle!

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand why everyone's up in arms about this brilliant and stunning piece of artwork. I say again in all seriousness, it is a truly a piece that belongs in UO, a perfect artistic representation of the evolution of the game. Notice the two care-bunnies comparing their neon colored pixel crack in the spirit of cooperation. They're wondering what to do with all of it because, as you can see in the background, their basket is already full with all of the rest of the junk they've hoarded. Together they endure the eternal dilemma of the modern UO player: "what crevice may I insert these pixels into now that my three castles are full?" Truly, it is a piece that speaks to our present condition.

I can't wait to hang this sublime work in my dungeon. Bravo! :thumbsup:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't understand why everyone's up in arms about this brilliant and stunning piece of artwork. I say again in all seriousness, it is a truly a piece that belongs in UO, a perfect artistic representation of the evolution of the game. Notice the two care-bunnies comparing their neon colored pixel crack in the spirit of cooperation. They're wondering what to do with all of it because, as you can see in the background, their basket is already full with all of the rest of the junk they've hoarded. Together they endure the eternal dilemma of the modern UO player: "what crevice may I insert these pixels into now that my three castles are full?" Truly, it is a piece that speaks to our present condition.

I can't wait to hang this sublime work in my dungeon. Bravo! :thumbsup:
*slow clap*

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the rainbow between the 2 polar bears is made from the rare poo from the blackthorns bunnies?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not like it? What would be better? Be very specific. What should they create for Easter in UO? I would like a plant that we do not have yet, like the open pink campions, or the white poppies. You would like what?

I am not a fan of them , okay one of them, but most of you went a little nuts on this and we haven't even gotten a good look at it yet.

Did any of you expect a val day gift?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Looks like you found a uo easter egg ;). I like it and know just where I'll put it *jumps back into a rabbit hole*

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

View attachment 43526

It's...just...not...UO.

i really like this...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
C'mn, no matter what they bring in out, you know you'll be asking, "OK, so what's the rare version of this?" I'd rather just get a transfer token for Easter.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its going to be funny when these Easter paintings start getting permanently stuck into the world environment and are all over the place akin to those ship paintings we already see everywhere.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has to be placed in a torture chamber. That's how modern torture methods look like. They keep you awake, force you to look at that picture while you have to listen to Kid Rock's "All summer long".

*cries *

Stop it! I will confess! Everything!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok did any of you send in anything creative??
No?
How many easter baskets, flowers, roses, candy, eggs, etc can you whip out and not be told stop?
I have been at the meet ups... you can ask Larisa how many complain about the gifts!
It's not easy to please most of you.
I would love more different plants.
Heck I'd love to see more pink bunnys.
If you didn't hear Mesanna, if you have an idea she can use all ideas for consideration at least 1 year in advance. Yes I said 1 year... the art guy needs the time to make it happen once the idea is approved. Meaning he has to fit it in a spare spot he is not working on content!
This goes for EVERY holiday. The Dev make out the choices and plan them way in advance.
Come on you foreign country people...send in your country's favorite gift idea... who knows....
The rest of you give the dev a few good ideas...and don't limit it to just Easter.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like it and I will have it one up in my houses on every server!

Sometimes I feel like i'm from a different generation that was raised to be thankful for any gift/item received in real life or in game. So even if I didn't like the gift/item I would say thanks and move on.

But I feel like a different generation comes to these boards and complains about everything added to the game or stuff they feel that they are entitled to and it drives me nuts!

If you don't like the item just simply throw it in a trash can and move on.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Whoa... Looks like a big chinned dudes head with a colored crown and lipstick being kissed by two bunnies underneath the saint louis arch.... Amiright

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ok did any of you send in anything creative??
No?
How many easter baskets, flowers, roses, candy, eggs, etc can you whip out and not be told stop?
I have been at the meet ups... you can ask Larisa how many complain about the gifts!
It's not easy to please most of you.
I would love more different plants.
Heck I'd love to see more pink bunnys.
If you didn't hear Mesanna, if you have an idea she can use all ideas for consideration at least 1 year in advance. Yes I said 1 year... the art guy needs the time to make it happen once the idea is approved. Meaning he has to fit it in a spare spot he is not working on content!
This goes for EVERY holiday. The Dev make out the choices and plan them way in advance.
Come on you foreign country people...send in your country's favorite gift idea... who knows....
The rest of you give the dev a few good ideas...and don't limit it to just Easter.
I'll just leave this here.
bunny.jpg

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so its a giant Easter card and it shows bunnies and eggs. What should it show at Easter? Christmas puddings?. Easter cards tend to show bunnies, eggs, spring flowers and bright colours in my experience. I find it perfectly apt for Easter.