• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hypothetical...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is an extreme hypothetical question. Do not take this seriously.

If for some reason Mesanna wasnt the producer of UO anymore and the position became an elected spot.

Who would you nominate/elect and why?

This ought to be fun, please keep it clean and with out personal attacks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
EM Malachi. He understands the history of UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bill Gates?
He has the money to develop a new client :p
I honestly doubt even if we had a producer with tons of their own money to invest that EA would approve or allow it.

Zeph Wightfyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly think they'd probably just claim they don't need a producer, just like they don't need a community manager. But if I had to pick someone, I'd probably go with Kyronix.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna. With everything she has done and the persoal attention she gives to the community is unparrelled. Not many games nowadays have the producers pop up in game or help fix the.... unique issues that tend to arrise from this wonderfully insane game. If I had to chose a different one it would be Lord British :) might as well go big.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Leurocian. (one of my favorite developers)

as much as I like Kyronix, he is the newest developer and needs more experience.

at first i was going to say i'd pick my worst enemy for the job (if i had one) because it's a thankless job and the producer would need to deal with all the insults and whining. then there's all that bureaucracy with EA.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
A second vote for Kyronix here. He has been doing a great job of interacting and communicating with the community, which in my opinion is one of the most important things there is when it comes to game development teams.
Yes the once every 2 or 3 months posts from Mesanna aren't working for me.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I personally love how she demands a thread get locked....and stratics jumps to kiss her butt!! I am sorry I dont blame the individual people....I blame the mentality that somehow stratics owes them for responding here!
I did find it interesting that is what she chose to respond to after no response in two months.

I would have assumed she would have taken the opportunity to show how she communicated with them to try and fix the problem, instead if leaving it at "this is wrong."

But perhaps I'm being critical.

All in all, out of the devs, I would by Kyronix and Bleak a beer.

Rest can eabod.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I personally love how she demands a thread get locked....and stratics jumps to kiss her butt!! I am sorry I dont blame the individual people....I blame the mentality that somehow stratics owes them for responding here!
It was very odd some customer service rep just pulled that outta the air. Just saying. Of course there have been customer service reps that thought UO was shut down lol.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If for some reason Mesanna wasnt the producer of UO anymore and the position became an elected spot.

I was always a Raph Koster fan, if you wanna get real old school. :p

JDs

Adventurer

When you say hypothetical, you mean you have heard she is getting the can and want to see who is competing for her job?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly I think he is busy working on a new game. You know, that one with high res graphics, free to play etc etc...
Free to play? Really? Ya might wanna check what stuff like their housing costs in RL $, it's totally rididulous. Even a mediocre house will cost more than a year of monthly payments in UO.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
No. He makes TERRIBLE game decisions when left to his own devices.
Actually his new venture sounds horrible. It does looks nice graphically. Probably a good thing EA bought him out or whatever they did. How long did Tabula Rasa last? lol

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bernie would make the game HUGE again as the kids would not feel compelled to go to their free college classes and would play free UO all day!

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All jokes aside, I might just replace Mesanna with a clone of Mesanna. There are things I wish she'd accomplished that she hasn't, and I'm actually fairly disappointed about some of it; but it's an almost 20-year-old game now. 20-year-old games don't flourish, or have more golden ages; that's not reality. It's presumptuous to expect another producer will even follow after Mesanna at all. I'm just glad somebody is out there right now, today, who is still willing to run it in some form greater than maintenance mode, and she appears to like doing so.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without sounding too egotistical, myself.

If I had to pick someone besides myself- probably someone like Draconi, John Zinser, or Garriott.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Played almost any Garriot-Game since the 80s. Kinda borderline developer. He is U7 (awesome) and he is U8 (terrible). Too risky for an old and comfortable community like we are. I would like to keep it the way it is and engage a really rich guy for funding generously and giving us all a shiny high-res 2d client.