• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hypothetical...

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Nobody from these forums and sure as **** none of the "upstanding and notable" players around... Infact, nobody who actually plays.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Roberta Williams
You got me with that one, Vic....I laughed for several minutes, you f***er :)

let Pincos do it....he broke the EC....sounds like prime candidate for CEO of Broadsword!
I don't agree. Actually I see your point but there was much more to this alleged collaboration that went FUBAR beyond one individual. The only time you can blame a single person for such a SNAFU is if that person was in charge.

I stay with Mesanna, she do a great job.

2 devs I would like to see back is Leurocian and Runesabre.
Of course you'd like Runesabre back, my Viking queen. He'd remove Trammel immediately! Just kidding, though he was the loudest voice opposing the addition of Tram. It would nice to have Raph, Kirk, Paul, Dan, Todd and a host of others back in the saddle with the old game one last time. They've all moved on at least 15 years ago or more, but it's a pleasant fantasy. ;)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I would like to see some old player at the very least be collaborators for any and all releases by the UO staff.

If I had to name one person id love to see sitting in the producer chair... it would have to be @Decadence Great knowledge of the games past, a lot of passion for the game and very well respected by the players. Not to mention some fresh meat in the UO office would do some good. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I wish they would take the people that do the art for the Sims..... and get them to redo the art for UO.

So Willa can look like this.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
What does everyone assume the job of producer entails? That might be a better path to dabble down then go from there on the best person for the job. For me, if the position for some strange reason became open, I would be for an award winning game producer from the outside but seriously do not see EA wanting to pay that kind of money. This is not saying anyone right now is doing a bad job, i am only playing the hypothetical card against humanity.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There job is to keep everything moving at a steady pace, while maintaining the overall happiness of everyone involved. They should have a keen knowledge of everything surrounding what they are producing. IN our case... this would include, Game history, player history, known issues, common goals, personality traits of staff, etc.. They do not get their hands dirty, they have people for that... They are the overall seers of all things. They pass down final judgement on all matters. Ultimately their job is to deliver the best product with in the scope of who hires them.

but here is what the dictionary says...

pro·duc·er
[prəˈd(y)o͞osər]
NOUN
  1. a person, company, or country that makes, grows, or supplies goods or commodities for sale:
    "an oil producer"
    synonyms: manufacturer · maker · builder · constructor · fabricator ·
    [more]

2. a person responsible for the financial and managerial aspects of making of a movie or broadcast or for staging a play, opera, etc.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I would not want her job because I would be a strait up tell it like it is person and would make a lot of the players that need special handling and the soft snuggles, offended. I dont belive in coddling people, especially grown adults. But this day and age, seems there are too many that need special TLC LOL. I love you all!