• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you have a favourite item in uo?

JDs

Adventurer
What are your favourite items in the game? or something you would like to own?

I have not been playing long but I really like these woolly shoes I found called pads of the cu sig or something.

I like the look of the Hawkwind robe as well, very swish. Also love the look of an ethereal charger of the fallen

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't get enough of veteran statue makers. They are the perfect tool for my worst sin: Vanity!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love my Vet Hellhound :)

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of the items that I own my favorite are my Yamandon Dung and Deer Droppings that utilize the same graphic and color of the various horse dungs. These are special to me because I picked them off the ground myself and they are the only ones that exist with these particular names. They came from the Aquarium and Zoo construction event in Pacific shard that took place around September 2006 just north of Meer village in Ilshenar (there's now a zoo there unique to Pacific). These particular items were located in a makeshift enclosure holding animals while the the Zoo was being constructed at the time. It is possible that the EM had forgotten to lock them down because there was about 4 or 5 thin hays including a couple of other common items that I was also able to pick up and take.

dung.jpg

Non-rare related I'm really liking the looks of many of those hunting trophies (such as the turkey, najasaurus, bull, and the bald eagle) and at this moment I'm in the process of discovering of how I'm really liking the marble bar counter tops from the 17th anniversary gifts as they're making my home look way much nicer than before. And also I think that Platinum Dragon veteran reward looks pretty bad ass too.

Something that I really want to own is one of those multi-colored parrots from that Sonoma event.

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my first event item was an enchanted valorite ore which I turned in for the sword of umbra. an event drop really meant something back then. now with all the candy that drops and with all the use of multis chars, lag and greed, means nothing, wish the devs would understand this.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing that special but I love my Recipe for Serpentwyne:grin:. I remember running around collecting that crap for years
over the various older versions of UO.:thumbsup: It was like finding a gold brick irl.:lol:

I've much more rare and valuable items in my collection (sandals of the phoenix for example) but that damn book still makes me smile. :smile2:

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not rare, more a class or type of item than any specific one, but I love, love, love the noise making statuettes, items of all sorts, from the singing balls to the cows.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
There are so many items to choose from, but I've always loved Wood Curls. :smile2:

WoodCurls.jpg

I also love my Singing Ball, Silverware, Books and my unique set of War Drums.

SingingBallBookWarDrums.jpg

Horse Dung, Hay and Brushes are also on my list of favorites/things I wish to own some day (got the hay). :smile2:

HorseDungHayBrushes.jpg

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kinda like the cookie Jar I got from an IDOC on Origin. Don't know much about it but I really like it. Also particularly fond of my white lantern I got from the first EM event with Malachi where he gave out 2 of them far as I know one to me and one to William. I treasure it always.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i have a penchant for rare/semi-rare items with 'trinsic' in the name. i've lived south of trinsic for 15 years and have deco'ed a small area in tribute to the town of trinsic.

another favorite item is mushrooms.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kinda like the cookie Jar I got from an IDOC on Origin. Don't know much about it but I really like it. Also particularly fond of my white lantern I got from the first EM event with Malachi where he gave out 2 of them far as I know one to me and one to William. I treasure it always.
I don't remember exactly where the Cooke jars came from. Crystal gave me mine years ago and I forget exactly what she told me.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My books with poems written by Lino ^_^

Not rare but a lot of emotional value.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess my favorites are the Crystal Portal/Corrupted Crystal portals. I also love the House Teleporters.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a sword from what I think is the first event ever in UO. Other than that-- I'd say my purple statue of G'Splat.

OldUO

Adventurer
When I came back all of my tailors clothing and armors were still in her bank box, so it was nice to see those. Sewn by pieces and a few made by armor pieces.

Since coming back the most helpful item for this day and age in UO were the new vet rewards (shard shields helped me get all my junk off my old dead shard to my new shard)

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me it's the friendships, the memories of the past 18 years of game play and the EM's Baja has been lucky enough to have over the years. I like my pixel crack too but doesn't have any real value to me.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had a guildstone of the first guild I was in with a close friend who has now passed.

Regrettably this guildstone has disappeared over the years, which was priceless to me.

Everything else is just another item.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sentimental? The whispering roses I have with the names of my husband and children and the PTC guildstone.

Rare wise? Probably my bottle of single malt whiskey or my collection of "______ of exceptional quality". The first was one of my first really expensive rares I purchased back in 2005. The later I have been collecting since they became "rare" and I still get that little kid excitement when I get one that isn't in my collection.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For me it's the friendships, the memories of the past 18 years of game play and the EM's Baja has been lucky enough to have over the years. I like my pixel crack too but doesn't have any real value to me.
HUGS I AGREE FRIENDS 1ST

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to put in another vote for singing crystal balls!

I can't tell you how many times i've walked into one of my houses and they scared the crap out of me! :D

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
my first event item was an enchanted valorite ore which I turned in for the sword of umbra. an event drop really meant something back then. now with all the candy that drops and with all the use of multis chars, lag and greed, means nothing, wish the devs would understand this.
Not sure a grandstand about events was what was intended here

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My ethereal ridgeback. I might be the only person that actually likes them as a mount. But hey... I do!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are your favourite items in the game? or something you would like to own?

I have not been playing long but I really like these woolly shoes I found called pads of the cu sig or something.

I like the look of the Hawkwind robe as well, very swish. Also love the look of an ethereal charger of the fallen
Ratman statues. :)

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My original red prepatch single blessed sandals.

When blessed sandals were all the rage, finding colors other than black or silver was a treat. Even better was after publish 16 or 17 they somehow missed the 2nd blessed tag added to prepatch items.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love my collection of Titan Hammers, Claws and Spirit of the totems They fit perfect with my macing and swordy resource farmers. Kind of have became items that I am lost without.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cat statue, icy patch and the drunken woman crystal ball are by far my favorites.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I really like my "ooze from a Trinsic grave". It's not really all that spectacular to look at, but I love Trinsic stuff. I'm crazy about the marble bars also. Those were a really nice addition to the game.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
@Flutter and I wouldn't necessarily call ourselves an "item". Like, we hang out and stuff...

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bells - Holiday and Birthday. I have 630 of those lovely bells displayed all over my house. My favorites are my four white bells. My husband likes to laugh at my bells but I just tell him to count his snowy scene balls. His gets really quite after that! :p

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use to have tons of items crafted by different people in our guild or maps completed by or roses of. Through the years I have lost quite a bit due to not being the owner of the guild house it was displayed in. I keep my really precious stuff in my bank box only for me to enjoy.

I think I like all the AOS sandals my characters wear with their names on them the best. No one can steal my shoes!!!!

Oh goodness! i TOTALLY forgot! anything with 13 on it!!!!

I have tons of things with 13 luck uses etc. :)

Last edited:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yea, you know, Netflix and chill...
Exactly. But item or not, I think I speak for both of us when I say, we're totally flattered to be peoples' favorite.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my Silver Power katana that a friend gave me when I started UO many many years back.........until they f***ed it up by changing the loot system and thus changing it to look like every other cheap piece of crap junk loot you find these days...... :rant2::mad::rant2:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was my Silver Power katana that a friend gave me when I started UO many many years back.........until they f***ed it up by changing the loot system and thus changing it to look like every other cheap piece of crap junk loot you find these days...... :rant2::mad::rant2:
tell us how you really feel . . .

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tell us how you really feel . . .
Lol, I was livid for such a long time. Was the reason I quit last time as that sword had soo many memories attached to it.
Was also the first time I knew how Rares collectors must have felt when the Devs put rare item into the game "by mistake".

I should add it was also that time when I realised the Devs don't give two hoots about the playerbase, its just a job to them and nothing more.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i have a penchant for rare/semi-rare items with 'trinsic' in the name. i've lived south of trinsic for 15 years and have deco'ed a small area in tribute to the town of trinsic.
I really like my "ooze from a Trinsic grave". It's not really all that spectacular to look at, but I love Trinsic stuff....
first, weed castle. now this. hmmm.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple of my favorites include a full set of coal platemail, given to me by a good friend who is no longer in game, but we keep in contact. The armor was crafted by NIKE of HongKong. The other is a blaze seahorse, given to me as a gift by a former guild mate who no longer plays the game. Unfortunately, we have lost contact. That seahorse brings back some very fond memories of my first guild, as well as some very bitter ones brought on by ego's and drama, but I cherish it.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess my favorites are the Crystal Portal/Corrupted Crystal portals. I also love the House Teleporters.
Yeap. Any item that is functional. Like the hitching post, Ankh of Sacrifice, personal attendant and ladders.

I don't think we have enough of these kinds of items in the game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
my UO house...u spend a awefull lot of time in there and it what sets UO apart from any other game....u own your own space in the game
One thing I've always loved about UO is how you can build what you want. Doesn't have to be a house, Taverns, Auction Houses, Libraries, and many other useful homes people have made. That's part of the greatness of UO.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I forgot, I love banana trees and rubble piers. And everything that has a maritime aspect

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My original red prepatch single blessed sandals.

When blessed sandals were all the rage, finding colors other than black or silver was a treat. Even better was after publish 16 or 17 they somehow missed the 2nd blessed tag added to prepatch items.

I would probably agree with this, i have a pair of these too and they are probably my only sentimental item as its really the only thing left from the old days which hasn't been tampered with. I prefer the old style text you used to get when clicking on it though. (Mine are black though)

Last edited: