• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who is UO's rich Uncle?

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
After seeing what some items are selling for lately, it got me wondering....who is Ultima Online's most wealthy player? Not only gold but items and homes and such. Anyone willing to brag about your UO networth lol

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some dupers do brag w/ a few even posting here to laugh when a small % of their many accounts got caught & banned causing homes to drop.

We're not allowed to say names but you'd be surprised how many self proclaimed "legit" players have reinvented themselves on Stratics. :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh there's 30 there, maybe not all at once, maybe not visible, but they are there. and to pad my numbers , i defined friend as someone who hasn't killed me, lately.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
My general order:
1 - Dupers (unfortunately anyone with 50k of each 5.0 SOT wins this race)
2 - Rares Collectors (those that buy way more than they sell so have high collection value)
3 - IDOCers (seen some awesome loot gained from IDOCs being sold recently)
4 - Leet PvPers that always want the best gear (and likely keep the old 2nd best gear)

Then each category has its top 5-10 players. And there's crossover between groups. I know a few IDOCers that keep their best rare finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
100 mill is my "rich limit". If I get under that I have to consider raising money. I get over that I have to consider buying something :) I like rares so it's never a problem accumulating to much gold.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess my point was - before this thread gets locked - is why even worry about how much gold somebody else has when people can just out and buy it if they want? It's a pointless marker of nothing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
after playing this game since day 1 and being a self proclaimed hoarder of all things i like to think i have a good collection of expensive stuff.

but every once in a while ill wonder into a rare collectors house on some shard and ill see their 100's of items that ive never seen in game before and i know that just one of those items is probably worth everything i own combined......
so i stopped caring how much i have in game.

interesting to think about though, when you tabulate how much the stuff you have is worth do you calculate property by how much it would sell for now or do you calculate how much you paid for it?
i ask because while i didnt pay cash for my one castle i got it in trade but the fella i got it off of got it off ebay (back when you could sell stuff on there) and HE paid over $2000 for that castle.
let that percolate in your brain bucket for a bit...... he paid over $2000 for some pixels!
what about a Seer Blessed house?
those would be worth a lot id think, not only are they one of a kind they are grandfathered and down count against your housing limit. so they are expensive AND rare.

this game has always amazed me.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you asked how many were green and come from mar's... you might get a correct answer....
But asking people to give an honest account on their own self worth in UO is asking for trouble.
I could say I have a lot in value...but I have seen the market flux so much that what is worth 100 mill today, in a week will be selling on an Atlantic vendor for 300k....
EM junk aside, which because its so limited on what dropped or was given out will throw the market off alone.
Gold price is fleeting my friend....a billionaire today can turn out in a short time be low man/woman on the list.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After seeing what some items are selling for lately, it got me wondering....who is Ultima Online's most wealthy player? Not only gold but items and homes and such. Anyone willing to brag about your UO networth lol
I have less than 10 million gold in the bank, maybe about 200 million gold in my home and misc stuff. I probably have at least 100 million invested in my toons in one way shape or form. So I say I'm worth around 310 million gold. Which puts me on the poor side of town.

OldUO

Adventurer
I could only imagine what some people have accumulated over the years.

All I know is if it wasn't for some helpful players I may of thrown away 100s of millions in items not knowing "I was rich!" kind of.

I sold one pair of old shoes I had to a player for 2 billion gold. (2 platinum) now i personally think this is crazy but it also shows at the abundance of gold in the game. At least I can compete now game play wise and be able to gear a few toons.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guess to some of the uber rares players who get 30-40 EM drops a season miniumn ...thats like being given 30-40 items x 300/500m average per season...wow just keep that thought in your mind .....THEN i would assume there bank balance at 200/300/400 billion or platinum as we now call it would be the normal if not low end...Plus the items they choose to keep

yes it takes ya breath away....but thats UO today... do the sums above what season we on.... 13 14??

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guess to some of the uber rares players who get 30-40 EM drops a season miniumn ...thats like being given 30-40 items x 300/500m average per season...wow just keep that thought in your mind .....THEN i would assume there bank balance at 200/300/400 billion or platinum as we now call it would be the normal if not low end...Plus the items they choose to keep

yes it takes ya breath away....but thats UO today... do the sums above what season we on.... 13 14??

All those rares take a lot of gold to buy. Gold only comes from killing monsters. Would love to know how much gold all the monsters have dropped over all the years and see how far that is from the amount in game now. I assume the vast majority of gold in game was dupped

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people can just out and buy it if they want? It's a pointless marker of nothing.
Not on Siege unless, it's people selling uo store bought items for gold. Glad our economy is nothing like that of the production shards. No Dupers, and No Resource Macroers ftw...la

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All those rares take a lot of gold to buy. Gold only comes from killing monsters. Would love to know how much gold all the monsters have dropped over all the years and see how far that is from the amount in game now. I assume the vast majority of gold in game was dupped
That would be an interesting thing to dig into... from what I remember, it was castle deeds that were duplicated- like ~125 per account per day. That was before checks came out.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No dupers or macroers? I find that really hard to believe.
It's true. The community usually finds macroers in a hurry and puts a quick end to it. We don't have recall and items break with use. no insurance, etc...la

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be an interesting thing to dig into... from what I remember, it was castle deeds that were duplicated- like ~125 per account per day. That was before checks came out.
still need someone with the gold to buy them. Would be interesting to see how much gold duping distorted the econmomy

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still need someone with the gold to buy them. Would be interesting to see how much gold duping distorted the econmomy
No... you could sell them back to the vendor. At a slight loss. Thou, I want to say there was a limit on doing it that way.....

The castle deeds were just an example- you could also dupe piles of gold. Essentially, it was whatever was in your bank box.

I knew people who had accounts filled up with gold on all their characters, in all their banks, and houses stuffed with piles of coins, castle deeds, and other stuff.

I accidentally stumbled upon how to do it (which this particular way isn't possible any more). I called a GM on myself--- all he did was laugh it off and told me not to worry about it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I guess there's your answer. Sad. I should add, in my opinion, when there's duping or exploits in a game, it's mainly (almost totally?) the fault of the designers for leaving the loopholes.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Back in eBay days, I'd easily drop $5k in a month on UO stuff, namely houses which I'd sell to other players for gold because a lot of ppl couldn't or wouldn't use eBay.

But of course, I had the money then as well...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes its beggars belief if all that gold did come form killing monsters...alas 90% of gold was probably duped ...billions if not trillions ... at least the devs finally got around to ending the gold 1m check duping...i mean they tried in the past by deleting dupes houses with billions and billions and setting them on fire as a warning ....eneding accounts etc etc...when caught !!! but thanks the lord they finally got around to ending the scam with the new monetry system... was long over due but ksara its here and its ended.

oh...wait...puts tin helmet on...i forgot ...according to some it never happened ..oh well...it did and it was the reason for our new digital gold system..alas u will see some folks say not...ksara...gold checks disapear in the bank and are shard bound....nuff said no more 1m gold check duping....praise the UO gods..

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Back in eBay days, I'd easily drop $5k in a month on UO stuff, namely houses which I'd sell to other players for gold because a lot of ppl couldn't or wouldn't use eBay.

But of course, I had the money then as well...
:eek:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes its beggars belief if all that gold did come form killing monsters...alas 90% of gold was probably duped ...billions if not trillions ... at least the devs finally got around to ending the gold 1m check duping...i mean they tried in the past by deleting dupes houses with billions and billions and setting them on fire as a warning ....eneding accounts etc etc...when caught !!! but thanks the lord they finally got around to ending the scam with the new monetry system... was long over due but ksara its here and its ended.

oh...wait...puts tin helmet on...i forgot ...according to some it never happened ..oh well...it did and it was the reason for our new digital gold system..alas u will see some folks say not...ksara...gold checks disapear in the bank and are shard bound....nuff said no more 1m gold check duping....praise the UO gods..

there are still gold checks in the game.....just sayin'

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes and im just saying there useless to the dupers.....just saying
really well if you can dupe 1000 in 15 mins work you can sell them for $225.....And that place sells billions and billions a day.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
How so? If they are still in game, they can still be duped no?
I believe i read somewhere that duping checks had something to do with the back box. Well now when you add checks to the bank box, they disappear. So hopefuly, that is the end of that.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe i read somewhere that duping checks had something to do with the back box. Well now when you add checks to the bank box, they disappear. So hopefuly, that is the end of that.
Ah I see, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining.

However, I remember hearing that there was another way that did not require a bank box. But having never seen it or witnessing it first hand, it is all speculation.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I see, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining.

However, I remember hearing that there was another way that did not require a bank box. But having never seen it or witnessing it first hand, it is all speculation.
I have never seen a bank box organize 125 checks in perfect rows in a pouch or back pack before.....so I suggest there is more then one way to skin a cat

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok this bit on duping is moot.. and dangerous so lets say you understand the issue and put it back in the history book of UO.
I have seen houses in the game so decorated with Event items that it would cost nearly 1/2 of my museums old school rare s value.
I'm no slouch in EM rare s mind you but to the point of some of these houses...one wonders. I would say the idea of adding up ones worth in a game is not on tangible items but in the friends we have.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would say the idea of adding up ones worth in a game is not on tangible items but in the friends we have.
Either way, I'm poor. Since coming back, I haven't made any new friends. And my old friends are pretty much long gone.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
ok this bit on duping is moot.. and dangerous so lets say you understand the issue and put it back in the history book of UO.
I have seen houses in the game so decorated with Event items that it would cost nearly 1/2 of my museums old school rare s value.
I'm no slouch in EM rare s mind you but to the point of some of these houses...one wonders. I would say the idea of adding up ones worth in a game is not on tangible items but in the friends we have.
Agreed. My wealth is in the friends I have within my guild and what keeps me here.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What shard are you on
I'm on Lake Superior. I have discussed moving to another shard with my wife, but we haven't pulled the trigger on that just yet. Part of me wants to stay where I was born.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm on Lake Superior. I have discussed moving to another shard with my wife, but we haven't pulled the trigger on that just yet. Part of me wants to stay where I was born.
I was in the same boat. I started on Napa the first day UO went online. I've left and come back several times. The last time it finally became apparent that I was going to stop playing for lack of people on the server. Lack of items to by, common items, no one to go dungeon crawling with etc. When I realized that, I packed up 7 accounts and made the move to Atlantic. If it is between leaving again or moving, move.

If you need help moving or if expense is keeping you from moving, hit me up. I have a house full of shard shield tokens I am not using.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was in the same boat. I started on Napa the first day UO went online. I've left and come back several times. The last time it finally became apparent that I was going to stop playing for lack of people on the server. Lack of items to by, common items, no one to go dungeon crawling with etc. When I realized that, I packed up 7 accounts and made the move to Atlantic. If it is between leaving again or moving, move.

If you need help moving or if expense is keeping you from moving, hit me up. I have a house full of shard shield tokens I am not using.
Thank you very much for the offer. We'll see how it goes for now, but I might just take you up on it down the road.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I can understand that. I started on GL but after coming back, it just wasn't the same so moved to Atlantica and it was the best move ever. Ended up moving my main and just built up the rest of my toons