• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who is UO's rich Uncle?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like i said....post #30..some folks just wont except the reasoning...whatever

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am very rich. Not just gold but in friends, a couple who I have met and a dew more I will meet later this year. I have a wonderful guild on a wonderful shard. So wealth isnt just gold or what you have. I have been able to decorate more than one castle, keep and house with things I have gotten from idocs. And hasnt cost me a coin.

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm on Lake Superior. I have discussed moving to another shard with my wife, but we haven't pulled the trigger on that just yet. Part of me wants to stay where I was born.
Hey there corwyn. I also play on LS and we have a great guild there. Although I don't personally pvp much they do a lot as well As pvm. If you need any help or need to be introduced please feel free to ICQ me. I don't get to play as much this time of year as its my busy season at work, but I am usually around to help with whatever people need. I like to hear when older players come back to UO. My ICQ is 6643221

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seen a luna plot go for sale for 7 billion (platina?) recently...

So probably all those who own a luna plot are filthy rich.

Didn't know we already talked about "platina" ...back in the old days 50mill was already A LOT.
Now we got billionairs in UO.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seen a luna plot go for sale for 7 billion (platina?) recently...

So probably all those who own a luna plot are filthy rich.

Didn't know we already talked about "platina" ...back in the old days 50mill was already A LOT.
Now we got billionairs in UO.

Platniumairs

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7 billion for a luna house on atl...peanuts!!! some folks are buying single legandary pieces of armour/ jewels for 1 billion a pop....some of the EM event items sell for 1-5 billion.... UO went insane during the gold duping days and will never recover .... the prices people are paying is beyond comprehension....alas if they have 400-500 billion they aint gonna give a damn.... and ALL those billions certainly did not come from looting monster gold!!!!....

sometimes U have to stand back look at this game of ours and think WTF!!!

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol who would waste their time duping in this game? Sounds like trying to hack into a flashlight with no batteries.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gold only comes from killing monsters. Would love to know how much gold all the monsters have dropped over all the years and see how far that is from the amount in game now. I assume the vast majority of gold in game was dupped
For awhile after SE came out, NPC Vendors were also a source of gold. Shadow Iron Heaters were selling for quite a bit of gold to the NPC vendors, like 2-3k per. Scripters were farming the Shadow Ore Eles in Yomotsu Mines for their 50 Shadow Ingots, turning them into Heater Shields, and selling them to the vendors. So each Shadow Ore Ele was worth like 5-7k Gold per, factoring in Gold+Ingots.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Dump your gold and platinum

Riches are found in good friends and community in this game.

With those two things you will eventually receive everything you have every dreamed of.

The more you put into this the more blessings you receive so give all you can friends

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That all being said if you get the chance to corner the market on something like all the Corn in Sosaria so you can control the whole pop corn market......

Well do it in a heart beat and make all you can.

Leaves you with more gold and platinum to support community events with.....

Well until someone like @Victim of Siege throws a pot on your warehouse in Skara Brae ....

CrazyDave

Old & Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Gold is not a good way to gauge how well you are doing in UO. Experiences, Friends, and Adventures are. I'm not sure what year it was, but, I had an epic battle with a troll for almost three hours, skipped dinner, finally won the battle and felt very accomplished.

The reason I am back is because I shed the consumerism of UO and I am just trying to experience everything in the game. Which is actually a lot. Currently I'm a lumberjack/bowyer.

I walked by where I let my old Luna house drop on Atlantic and a portion of the plot was selling for 10 billion and I just had myself a good laugh.

I do remember the experience of placing the house. It was my first house. Everyone was having trouble that first day getting to Luna. Somehow I lucked my way through the moongate and all I could think was, "This is going to be great living in a city, imagine all of the friends I'm going to make." Well, I'm sure you know how that went!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That is what all the poor people say.

;)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Gold is not a good way to gauge how well you are doing in UO. Experiences, Friends, and Adventures are...

The reason I am back is because I shed the consumerism of UO...
I can relate to that. At one point not too long ago, I was planning to leave UO. I gave away almost everything, then changed my mind and set up housekeeping in a 7x7. I haven't regretted that at all.

Last edited: