• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you play on a Felucca only shard?

Would you play there

• I would play on a PvP shard but do not agree with this ruleset

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There are several shard choices available if you want insurance, easy artifacts and a plethora of characters per account.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the debat the last days, I had been thinking. I made a poll on Siege and make one here

We had seen several threads about how to get more PvP players. Is it possible to make e a PvP server and would you play there? I would start with a Fel only copy of Atlantic and changes Siege too.
There would be a few special PvP server rules.

Make a Felucca copy of Atlantic (all facets) with all chars and houses there as that shard do have most PvP'ers in UO
Have VvV work on all facets
No shard transfer to the PvP servers or between them.
Have the Felucca rules and bonus to luck, fame and resource drop on all facets
Have +15 basis resist added to loot as well as crafted stuff, that would make it easier to put together a 5x70 suit
One of 2:
  1. Be able to "Siege bless" one item for each item slot on the paperdoll = a suit with weapon/spellbook and add one item not in a slot, could be a pet ball or a music item or a crafting tools
  2. Have Item Insurance like on now
There will still be 2 house servers, one for Trammel servers and one for VvV servers. Only 30 days old chars with 720 skills points can place a house in the test periode on the 2 PvP servers. Atlantic PvP and Siege.

Roll back: 1-3 months test. If it fail to and mess up Siege and noone like the Atlantic Fel server, the Atlantic Fel server will be deleted and Siege will get back the Siege Rules but keep items, houses and skills etc. they got in this 1-3 months
If a success after 3 months, the changes will stay and the Atlantic Fel server will stay. However Ia a house on the PvP Atlantic had not been used in the 3 months test and one month after, it will fall.

This way, UO would have 2 Fel servers.

Would you play there?
Sorry but just some thoughts in my head, be nice :)
You can have that all right now, create a guild and set the rules and play with like minded people. I am pretty sure it just boils down to not knowing what your really looking for and the moxy to make it happen.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
If you've ever ventured to the free shards you'd know that there are TONS of players that want a pre AOS or Felucca only rule set shard. I played on one server that averaged 1,000+ members at nearly all hours of the day. On OSI servers, I played Siege Perilous between 2003 and 2011. I stopped playing because friends left when suits were becoming too damn hard/costly to make/lose. I bet a lot of folks would venture back to Siege if there was item insurance. We played for the thrill of battle...looting was always a secondary perk.

No item insurance worked fine when the only items you needed were a spell book and some leather armor. It's not like that anymore. This game has grown in complexity. Siege Perilous should have been changed years ago to accommodate for all these changes.

BLUF: Items require too much work/$$ and time invested to be lost to a gank. Put item insurance on Siege and you'll see life again.
With all due respect, I disagree with this post. The reason why there are a lot of players on some of the free shards is the cost to play. That is it. I was the owner and admin of one of the biggest shards back in the day.
When it comes to Item Insurance, I realize it has uses for many players but for me, i really hate that this came into effect. I wish there was NO Item Insurance. In my opinion, this would have an impact on PKs which would benefit everyone. For one, it seems logical that the PKs would be a little more hesitant to just attack anyone so a plus for the Trammies... now, when the PKs do kill someone, they can loot, which would be a plus for the PKs.
On top of that, it also seems logical that not having Item Insurance will create a boom for crafters. Looking at it like this, it would seem many positive aspects to not having Item Insurance, but Seige is a whole other beast with the number of toons you can have on the shard.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Would work too I guess, but with no transfer to the new PvP shard, the players would miss all their rewards and other old stuff but sure, all would be in same boat.
Okay now i get it. Would add a lot to the feel of the "good old days" being the only one on your block with a black dye tub and such.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the issue people are missing is that with PvP with the chance of item loss is a huge win for the crafters of a shard. If people lose an item that was crafted, they will probably look to the same crafter to make it for them again...la

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the issue people are missing is that with PvP with the chance of item loss is a huge win for the crafters of a shard. If people lose an item that was crafted, they will probably look to the same crafter to make it for them again...la
Ya but the problem you miss is.....there are a lot of us that everything we craft we give away.....hell we just give everything away period for the most part.
So if I make a suit and give it away,....then it gets stolen....now I just have to remake the suit again...hardly a benefit to all crafters!

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ya but the problem you miss is.....there are a lot of us that everything we craft we give away.....hell we just give everything away period for the most part.
So if I make a suit and give it away,....then it gets stolen....now I just have to remake the suit again...hardly a benefit to all crafters!
I totally understand the thought of giving away stuff to help players out. With that in mind, if a suit is stealable/looted (I do not believe worn armor can be stolen, I may be wrong) then maybe us crafters need to start charging. I know there are crafters that do sell suits but if everyone started selling suits instead of giving them away, then the Crafter's Day on Sundays on Atlantic might logically become even more popular :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not my fault crafters give things away to veteran players. I can see giving it to new players or supporting a given guild, but to everyone? That one's on you...la

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think you might be doing it wrong ;)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you might be doing it wrong ;)
or maybe I am doing it right....for me this is an imperfect GAME with Devs that just dont care anymore......So if I can give away a slither or a castle or 8 sets of insane tinkered legs, and more armor and weapons then I can count....who cares. These poor bastards are getting screwed by the devs,,, so why not help them out and give it away

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're getting at. It sounds like you might be arguing some part of my post, but you've basically restated my points about the larger freeshards and why they're not as viable a target for Freja's ideas (sans your third point; "better" is a loaded word for servers that ride Broadsword's coattails for almost all of their assets).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really liked the option to have 1 blessed item per slot. That way you'd still have some risk with alternate weapons/looted gear.
Yep like in old days, if you waited go home and unload to you was to heavy to collect more, you could lose all but suit and main weapon.
People can handle loosing monster loot, ingots, gems, etc., but loosing their suit hurt and will make players run back to Trammel so I do believe 1 blessed item per slot is much better than Item Insurance. Sure killing the PK may not give a blue a lot loot, unless the PK looted monster loot from other victims. At least the Blue not lose a lot insurance money, when he die. If it get to big problem with reds, you could set a max of blessed slot for reds, maybe 4-6, when he had blessed 6, he will get a popup, so he can choose, what item to unbless next time he will bless an item. Or you could make it so, if someone is attacking a blue, his items will be unblessed for xx min or until he die.

That is a bad assumption to make, because you don't work at Broadsword. Your new PvP shard would HAVE to be a fourth type or it wouldn't work. The only way they could sell this is if it was good for PR (public relations). Imagine Broadsword announcing, "Surprise! We have a NEW OPEN PvP world with ITEMS and INSURANCE! Oh and by the way, we're going to push our new system on Siege too! *Jedi hand wave* You liiiiike item insurance, Siege!"
Devs had many times said, they don't want more kind of shards to maintain, they already have 2 clients, 3 ruleset and 2 kind of shards.

I believe Siege are willing to accept some changes to get more players except Kelmo and a few others :p I would hate to see Item Insurance on Siege and I do not like more blessed items but there is others who want this. Some hate to see 7 char slots on Siege and so on.

It's a balance, a new Siege shard would not work and a new Fel only shard will also have some issues. I really don't think Item Insurance will work, nor will full loot like on Siege.
I made a post on Siege forum too, with same ruleset. Next weekend, I may try to split it and take each part of the ruleset and the alternative parts seen in the 2 thread and let players vote what rules there is a must for them, maybe max 5 choices, then let Siege vote for what ruleset they refuse to give up, maybe 3 choices. So any ideas are welcome.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly the gear crafter died a long time ago. Suits are too specialized to make for general purpose, and even if they with 3x gem cost on siege the price will have to be very high just to break even.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sadly the gear crafter died a long time ago. Suits are too specialized to make for general purpose, and even if they with 3x gem cost on siege the price will have to be very high just to break even.
That's why I say, give us 15% extra basis resist, then you would not need a lot of gems for resist and a lot of time to get the resist 5x70.
This way, you could put a 5x70 suit together without imbuing. Tailors and farmers could sell the suit and others could buy them and mods. I really hate the time I use on this resist, the rest of the mods are no problem to add.
Sure it would help to get rid of 3 x prices too. A suit with 5x70 resist do have a cost price of 30k, then I need profit to cover my work time and vendor fee so I would add 50% = 45k

If I did not need that, the suit it self would cost 4-6k
Relic is cheaper now, if we got better drop of essences and other imbuing resources, they would drop in price too and help make the imbued suits cheaper. The farmers would still make money as they would farm them faster.

Last edited:

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in that case Freja it sounds like you have your work cut out for you. If Siege players will work with you, anyway. But it's good to see you focusing your energy on Fel and Siege now lol. *Jedi tricks* "This isn't the Trammel you're looking for."

I'm not the right person to be giving feedback at this point, but I will be watching with interest. Been a decade since I had a PvP character.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But it's good to see you focusing your energy on Fel and Siege now lol. *Jedi tricks* "This isn't the Trammel you're looking for."
I never wanted to take anything away from the Trammel players, I just want the PvP'ers to enjoy the game too.

I like Siege but people do not stay, they want the ruleset but one char slot, no recall, trouble afford replacing lost items, to few players etc. is some of the complains that make them give up. I miss pre AoS days, where we had al ot more players and a lot more PvP'ers. I (Tina Tink) could not keep my vendor stocked with GM suits and Weapons. Now it's hard to sell anything because it get to expensive and I can't just sell leather, ring and plate suits, now they all have different wish for the mods. Vendor search did help, but I still need a lot more customers.

Also, in the pre AoS days, I (Freja) could always find a few victims in the forest to RP with. Now I ended up blue as my forest died.

Our player towns had visitors, some friendly, some aggressive. Now I only see houses, no players :(

I don't want pre Aos Ruleset, I like a lot of the new stuff and with a few balance fix and more players, the fun would be back.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I say, give us 15% extra basis resist, then you would not need a lot of gems for resist and a lot of time to get the resist 5x70.
This way, you could put a 5x70 suit together without imbuing. Tailors and farmers could sell the suit and others could buy them and mods. I really hate the time I use on this resist, the rest of the mods are no problem to add.
Sure it would help to get rid of 3 x prices too. A suit with 5x70 resist do have a cost price of 30k, then I need profit to cover my work time and vendor fee so I would add 50% = 45k

If I did not need that, the suit it self would cost 4-6k
Relic is cheaper now, if we got better drop of essences and other imbuing resources, they would drop in price too and help make the imbued suits cheaper. The farmers would still make money as they would farm them faster.
People don't want blank all 70's suits. The only reason you would want one is to imbue stats onto it, and if you wanted to do that you could make your own. I'm not against giving extra resists, or drops though, make it easier for people to make thier own ****.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
People don't want blank all 70's suits. The only reason you would want one is to imbue stats onto it, and if you wanted to do that you could make your own. I'm not against giving extra resists, or drops though, make it easier for people to make thier own ****.
Yes but some players do only have one account, they could start with a PvM char with imbuing and when ready to PvP, they could go on buying the blank 5x70 suit and Imbue them.

Both me and Victim had sold a lot of blank barded armor Diablo, believe 20 or more of each piece at the time, so some buy and if it was more easy to but a 5x70 suit together without imbuing, alot more PvP'ers would buy bags of blank armor and imbu the stats them self.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but some players do only have one account, they could start with a PvM char with imbuing and when ready to PvP, they could go on buying the blank 5x70 suit and Imbue them.

Both me and Victim had sold a lot of blank barded armor Diablo, believe 20 or more of each piece at the time, so some buy and if it was more easy to but a 5x70 suit together without imbuing, alot more PvP'ers would buy bags of blank armor and imbu the stats them self.
I'm for it, but I think it's pretty minor. I would rather lose the 3x vendor prices than have more resists.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually any person who just wanted to play and live in Fel only can choose that now on any shard.

They can PvP or run. At least they have those 2 choices.

They can just wear junk armor and weps or be decked out all the best stuff with insurance or not.

They can mingle with others or not. They have that choice.

You can always use the hide skill to avoid unwanted attention.

If they get ganked they get ganked.

The only true issue with Fel is saying that spawns is PvP. If you are doing a spawn and have a mob on you and here comes 4 to 6 reds its pretty well written in stone your dead. That isn't PvP and should never be classed or stated its PvP ever. Fighting in a city, Yew gate, or any open area, sponsored Pvp events, even sides or not with no mob interference is PvP.

The lure to bring people to fel with spawns, double resources and dungeon perks is not PvP its just a trap really no matter how you call it.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I still roleplayed and said shard had a very strong rp community, I'd have no problem rp'ing on a Felucca shard (especially since when I started rp'ing there was no Trammel, T2A, etc)... however, the only thing that I do in-game for the last few years is run my rares vendors which would be useless in the aforementioned scenario. It has taken me years to master the economy on my homeshard and getting to know the economic tides when it comes to my merchandise... if I was forced to start over as a merchant I'd probably hang up my kilt.

(I chose answer B) Keep in mind, I'm an rp elitist and old school so part-time rp has zero appeal to me... i.e. total rp elitist ol' fart of snob

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Come on, only 35 votes when thread have 136 different readers, don't be so scared :p
Yes I know, some do have other wishes for the ruleset on a PvP server, I will add an options to vote for that

upload_2016-1-12_9-49-23.png

Right now 15 would play there and 16 would stay in Trammel or quit, I guess alot Trammel players did not vote

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on, only 35 votes when thread have 136 different readers, don't be so scared :p
Yes I know, some do have other wishes for the ruleset on a PvP server, I will add an options to vote for that

View attachment 41612

Right now 15 would play there and 16 would stay in Trammel or quit, I guess alot Trammel players did not vote
I think the way the poll worded is part of the problem. It should have been just "would play there exclusively", "would play there sometimes", "would never play there". Like I don't understand why "I would quit UO" is even an option. It makes people think you are asking for fel to be the only ruleset. Why would anyone quit UO over an optional fel shard opening up?

The whole "copy atlantic" thing is just too convoluted as well. I think just letting people copy a character over, or get a free ticket there from another shard is plenty for this idea. Copying a shard doesn't make a ton of sense because I assume you do that for the houses. A lot of people with houses in fel wouldn't make the jump, but would get to keep their clone houses, so a bunch of houses could potentially just sit there full of crap, but completely unused, forever.

New shard, all fel rules, bring your own character. That's enough.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

View attachment 41612

Actually your math is off...
  1. Yes, I play Atlantic and would choose PvP
    7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Yes, I would move chars to Atlantic before the copy or make new chars there and choose PvP
    4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Yes I would reactivate my account and play there
    2 vote(s)
    5.6%
These are "Fel" Votes = 13
  1. I would play both Trammel and PvP
    3 vote(s)
    8.3%
These count for both... so don't count these...

1. Never I stay in Trammel
    11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. I would quit UO
    5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. No, I play Atlantic and would choose Trammel

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
These are Votes FOR Tram or quitting but not for your proposed shard = 20 ... 15 actually FOR Tram which is still > 13.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes they count as they would play on the shard, even when they would also play on Trammel shard
So they count on both so they cancel one another out.... that's what I'm saying... They count as both so count them in both then you still have more votes for Tram...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja, you homicidal folks just need to accept that most of us don't find PvP or being PKed fun. We're going to try having fun ourselves, not just be fun for pkers. If that means going to trammel because we can't accomplish things we find fun on Siege or in Fel but giving pkers their jollies, then we'll go to trammel. You pkers endlessly ruin our fun, we're gone, just like back in the pre-tram days.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja, you homicidal folks just need to accept that most of us don't find PvP or being PKed fun. We're going to try having fun ourselves, not just be fun for pkers. If that means going to trammel because we can't accomplish things we find fun on Siege or in Fel but giving pkers their jollies, then we'll go to trammel. You pkers endlessly ruin our fun, we're gone, just like back in the pre-tram days.
Sweet heart you really need to die to a few PK's on Siege and learn, it can be fun. leave strealth on stone and leave town :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet heart you really need to die to a few PK's on Siege and learn, it can be fun. leave strealth on stone and leave town [BCOLOR=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:p[/BCOLOR]
Honey, you need to accept not everyone feels the same way about things that you do. I have been pked 1000 times over my 16+ years on Siege and I never found it "fun", it was always an annoyance, at best. Even when I escaped or the rare occasions I killed the people attacking me, I still felt annoyed that whatever I was working on was disrupted. Frequently a death/dry looting would just be the end of playing for me for that day, because I am often too lazy or forgetful to build back up suits. The ONLY thing I like about open pvp is the strategy of finding a time/place to do my business that won't be discovered, but that's more passive than active enjoyment. I just engage on whatever small opportunities I find for strategy.

Open pvp, and item loss are just a necessity for the parts of the game that I do like (and that others like) to work properly. I am sure a lot of people feel the same way, and it's ok that they do. You like pvp, and I think that's great, but not everyone does, not even everyone on Siege. That's just how it is.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet heart you really need to die to a few PK's on Siege and learn, it can be fun. leave strealth on stone and leave town :p
Fun only for the pk. My thoughts are pretty much "BLEEP! the BLEEPing BLEEP BLEEP just cost me a couple hours work, the Bleeping Bleep... Hope the Bleeping bleep got his bleeping jollies, the bleep!" Tolerable on occasion, not as a routine thing.

I rarely stealth around. Stealth is used to get past side spawn to get to what I want to kill or reach my body after it's killed me. Definitely nice for hunting lava elementals & fire daemons. Can't stealth on horseback lass and I'm usually off somewhere gathering, no where near town.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People seem to be confusing PvPers and PKs
Which has to be insulting to PvPers. PvPers and pkers are two very different types of people. Lumping them all into the same group is like mixing gemstones with doggy doo.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The joys of getting dry-looted after an hour of grinding.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And by the way Freja, we don't hide in town or cringe in stealth shivering in fear of pkers, that's a little imaginary ego scene you folks have. You pkers are an annoyance we typically just try to put up with each day as we go about our business. Not a serious problem, just something that crawls out from under a rock here and there.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt vote anything.
I'm quite happy with my home shard. I would however wish there were more people, and that the DEVs would fix all the damn bugs cheats n hax.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
People seem to be confusing PvPers and PKs
PK = player Killer
PvP = Player vs Player

But did A get PK'ed, when B Attacked him, when will you call A a PK and when will you call him a PvP'er? what make the diff?