• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teleport exploit

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess some of you guys disagree with this description of teleport

I see the ceiling perfectly in the abbey! Are you mad that I'm above it instead of under it? I mean seriously! So I can recall to the marked spot but not teleport to a previously targeted spot I'm standing under?

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I see the ceiling perfectly in the abbey! Are you mad that I'm above it instead of under it? I mean seriously! So I can recall to the marked spot but not teleport to a previously targeted spot I'm standing under?

Spookey action at a distance's i tell's ya's!.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I'm wondering if a bracelet of binding will take me to another stealthed character?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Come on now... There are plenty of places that are clearly visible which can not be teleported on, and plenty of places where you can teleport onto roofs or through walls.

Learn them or don't. Time to move on.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
can anyone explain to me how someone can teleport many times faster than I can run on mount and never fail

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Alright that settles it, this guy doesn't want the exploit fixed so lets drop it, oh wait that is not how it works.
Lets face it, if you couldnt kill the guy on foot before he made it far enough inside the bank to teleport up, it wouldn't matter if they thought this was an exploit and "fixed" it.

The dude would still get away by teleporting up from outside of the bank.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alright that settles it, this guy doesn't want the exploit fixed so lets drop it, oh wait that is not how it works.
OMG, this one guy comes into UHall with his hair on fire over something that has been in UO since the beginning... Everyone stop what you are doing until this can be fixed. Dev's, no one goes home, or even to the bathroom, until all tiles in UO have been reviewed for visbility from all other tiles in UO to determine the viability of the teleport spell.

I'm sorry my friend, but THAT is not how it works.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No because I would have followed him up and be right behind him. :facepalm:
Swing and a miss.

The fact you let him get close enough to teleport makes "fixing" this not matter at all.

virem11

Adventurer
OMG, this one guy comes into UHall with his hair on fire over something that has been in UO since the beginning... Everyone stop what you are doing until this can be fixed. Dev's, no one goes home, or even to the bathroom, until all tiles in UO have been reviewed for visbility from all other tiles in UO to determine the viability of the teleport spell.

I'm sorry my friend, but THAT is not how it works.
Except I never said any of that and you told me to move on and basically drop it, good try though.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
OMG, this one guy comes into UHall with his hair on fire over something that has been in UO since the beginning... Everyone stop what you are doing until this can be fixed. Dev's, no one goes home, or even to the bathroom, until all tiles in UO have been reviewed for visbility from all other tiles in UO to determine the viability of the teleport spell..
In all fairness Jirel did need some competition for her posts :tinhat:

She can get to 100 replies faster than anyone I know

virem11

Adventurer
Swing and a miss.

The fact you let him get close enough to teleport makes "fixing" this not matter at all.
I never even said where i dismounted him, I could have dismounted him right at the doors, I don't have a one shot special. But even if I dismounted him at the gate and i let him run all the way inside the bank, that is irrelevant.

virem11

Adventurer
I would hardly call this an exploit, especially since it's been this way for almost 20 years.

I would also not call this game-breaking.

Adapt or move on. Best advice I can give.
There are bugged tiles that you can't walk over that have been there for years, does that mean they should not try to fix them?

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never even said where i dismounted him, I could have dismounted him right at the doors, I don't have a one shot special. But even if I dismounted him at the gate and i let him run all the way inside the bank, that is irrelevant.
Okay... so the only relevant portion of your gripe is the fact that this other person was able to teleport to a spot he/she could not see. Furthermore, you could not do the same thing and had to run back outside to teleport, giving said person the opportunity to escape your murderous clutches.

First of all, it sounds the this other person won... or at least outsmarted you. As I said above...

It should not be classified as an exploit, given the length of time it's been around. Instead, call it a game feature if you like.

Adapt or move on.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are bugged tiles that you can't walk over that have been there for years, does that mean they should not try to fix them?
I'd be more inclined to say that no, they should focus what few resources they have on more important issues, of which there are many.

virem11

Adventurer
Okay... so the only relevant portion of your gripe is the fact that this other person was able to teleport to a spot he/she could not see. Furthermore, you could not do the same thing and had to run back outside to teleport, giving said person the opportunity to escape your murderous clutches.

First of all, it sounds the this other person won... or at least outsmarted you. As I said above...

It should not be classified as an exploit, given the length of time it's been around. Instead, call it a game feature if you like.

Adapt or move on.
I never said I could not do it, I chose not to do it because it is an exploit. Who cares how long its been around that doesn't change the fact that it is an exploit.

virem11

Adventurer
I'd be more inclined to say that no, they should focus what few resources they have on more important issues, of which there are many.
But they been around for years! so using your logic they aren't even bugged tiles, right? :facepalm:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Read your initial post.

:facepalm:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you actually believed this, why are you continuing to make the same mistake?
I would ignore the last few replies too if I didn't have an answer.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I responded to everything except the eating crow comment because I don't know what I am wrong about, so go ahead and explain.
Going in circles won't help you.

You said you did not mention anything about dismounts even though it is in your original post.

I shouldn't have to keep your argument straight for you.

virem11

Adventurer
Going in circles won't help you.

You said you did not mention anything about dismounts even though it is in your original post.

I shouldn't have to keep your argument straight for you.
No i said i never mentioned where i dismounted him aka LOCATION. :facepalm:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He doesn't know where the real ROC is. Cant post uncropped screen video's either for some reason.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If recalling or teleporting would take as long as this beaming, most people would have to buy another month to get anywhere...
On the other hand, not a bad idea from a financial standpoint...

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Virem11 is just being sour and making drama lol

Don't think he's the real virem

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my take on this.

The ability to teleport through a ceiling above you has existed since day one. It is something that anyone can learn within their first few days of pvping at Yew gate. It is something that a large amount of the UO community knows about and it's been that way for years. It is hardly a secret, but in my opinion it is an exploit that has gone unfixed since pretty much day one. For a game that uses line of sight and game physics based on reality, I am of the opinion that this was not an intended game mechanic and that it should indeed be fixed.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is my take on this.

The ability to teleport through a ceiling above you has existed since day one. It is something that anyone can learn within their first few days of pvping at Yew gate. It is something that a large amount of the UO community knows about and it's been that way for years. It is hardly a secret, but in my opinion it is an exploit that has gone unfixed since pretty much day one. For a game that uses line of sight and game physics based on reality, I am of the opinion that this was not an intended game mechanic and that it should indeed be fixed.
Please do not encourage her.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Why should it, it's not like we have a lot active, so why lock it?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When the horse is already dead, and you keep beating it... It's just weird then lol
Sometimes the horse is not dead, it only look like it.
Stop posting in the thread will make it drop down, no lock is needed :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe it's because, I'm older than you.
I better leave the thread as we got a little off topic