• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rainbow missing...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still have my town ribbon I believe

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ayuh, that's from the "stratics guild" feature - which for some reason works on older *cough* grandfathered groups, but not the new ones. My YCC is not showing up, nor has it since I created the group

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Did not know, there is new ones. What's the diff?
You need to hit the red + to make it show.
upload_2016-1-6_17-42-57.png

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I cannot taste the rainbow!!!! AUGH!!!!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Did not know, there is new ones. What's the diff?
basically you didn't see a difference....
people who created new groups/guilds within stratics after a certain date stopped getting the banners (even though we would set up all the settings for it). Something didn't update... @Nexus did tell me they are talking to the developer of the plugin to get it working again. For the most part, that is one of the strongest features of the groups/guild feature here on stratics... to show your affiliation to that particular group on the boards (and by nature, advertise the group as well).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
basically you didn't see a difference....
people who created new groups/guilds within stratics after a certain date stopped getting the banners (even though we would set up all the settings for it). Something didn't update... @Nexus did tell me they are talking to the developer of the plugin to get it working again. For the most part, that is one of the strongest features of the groups/guild feature here on stratics... to show your affiliation to that particular group on the boards (and by nature, advertise the group as well).
Can you manage the forum on the new ones? on old ones, I can only manage member and staff wall but not the new forum.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love your Yew trees in the logo

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
:) thank you (or is that yew?) hehe

well, considering I don't really have any "members" I don't manage anything there. I'm hoping that will change though - particularly for Pacific (which is what the group is for). I do use it to post events, but with all the changes around here (at stratics) I've kinda not done much with it lately. I'm planning to get more active there again... sometime

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would love to see my Safe Haven forum used when I find time to make an event there or if we again start to have fights at the road but I can see, it can be messy if I get an annoying kid there and being able to sticky a post is a must.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hey Guys -- thanks for the heads' up. We're looking into this...as Riyana posted in the State of Stratics and the Perk Update threads, we've been doing some banner work to honor the Perks from the campaign.

In the meantime, please do remember that the best place to post site issues and questions is in our Bugs & Issues forum; we monitor those regularly. :)

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, @FrejaSP !

As a side note, you may see a few other things getting "fixed" or reorganized as we're going through the transition and cleaning up Banner groups etc. For instance, "Premium" memberships were removed by Ryan and replaced with just having "Professional" memberships a while back, but the groups and banners never quite got reconciled...we are fixing that now as we roll out the Campaign Perks.

While we'll always post if we have a scheduled or emergency maintenance or "larger" changes, some of these little cleanup tasks will be ongoing and may be fixed in the moment when we're in doing something in a particular area.

Again, if you see something odd or aren't sure about a change you see, please do file a post in the Bugs & Issues forum. Lot going on right now as we get our house in order o_O

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*whispers*
...taste the rainbow...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Does anyone know or recall how Ryan came to change the ribbon color scheme?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kirthag ..... I know when I created my guild there was no red +... I had to look and look for where to turn on that banner and quite often it appears it isn't showing but after I refresh the page it shows up. Which I find rather odd but it does. Anyway... I think it's in your user settings somewhere if I recall. Not on the page for your guild.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You have to make the ribbon first from setting <Choose Ribbon>
upload_2016-1-6_22-9-32.png

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@Kirthag ..... I know when I created my guild there was no red +... I had to look and look for where to turn on that banner and quite often it appears it isn't showing but after I refresh the page it shows up. Which I find rather odd but it does. Anyway... I think it's in your user settings somewhere if I recall. Not on the page for your guild.
I do remember, there was an easier way to changes ribbon, but can't find it now.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
This remind's me of a song!, SING'S!, All my life i've been looking for a rainbow!,when i walked into the room and there you were my pot of gold!, You've captured me without a warnin!

"you've captured me without a warning!", SOUND'S LIKE A PICTURE MY PARENT'S TOOK OF ME IN MY adolescent youth!.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@MalagAste - what "red+" are you talking about? Is that another guild/group you are a member of?
@FrejaSP - yes, I set that up in my guild... but it is not displaying under my avatar...

This is what I'm talking about. (Thanks @Taylor for being the example)

The Green Alumni Banner is what is set up in the admin section of Xenforo for a specific user group, like moderators, supporters and such.
The Blue Alumni Banner is a Stratics Guild banner which links back to the Rusty Dagger (an Alum only group). @Ron Bron set up the group when it was decided that the Rusty Dagger boards were obsolete, but still should have a place for Alum to gather and banter. That blue banner is a "Stratics Guild/Group" banner attached to a group that was created not too long ago.

So here is my question..
1 - Taylor, how did you get that to display?
2 - @Nexus howcome I cannot get mine to display?
3 - What special thing did Ron Bron do to that particular group that allows the display on the banner on Taylor, but not on me - for I look high, low and under and I CANNOT find the setting for this in anything I have access to. Or is it because I'm a member of BOTH groups, so they cancel out?
3a - a side note, perhaps that banner should be "Rusty Dagger" and not "Alumni"?? Maybe change the color to a more rust one?

Further, could that be the reason MalagAste's "red+" appears and disappears as stated?

Is it a combination of permissions/groups that is (once again) fubar?

Last edited:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and last note for @Taylor

This is the basic banner/ribbon coloring that is native to the plugin software as this stuff is native and no longer driven by a plugin.

several of the banners/ribbons are customized via CSS then applied to groups in the ACP
Looks like someone is tweaking them.

Last edited:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and lastly: XF 1.2 - User Group/Staff Banners

i didn't read the entire thing, but there are settings upon settings being mentioned therein and my head hurts so I am going to take an aspirin and go to bed.

Its not "life and death" for me.... so no need go bonkers on this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
and lastly: XF 1.2 - User Group/Staff Banners

i didn't read the entire thing, but there are settings upon settings being mentioned therein and my head hurts so I am going to take an aspirin and go to bed.

Its not "life and death" for me.... so no need go bonkers on this.

As I recall it took me numerous attempts to get the Guild Banner to show and it was something in your settings under your avatar area somewhere in there in the personal settings if I remember right you had to check or uncheck for the banner to show.... Setting it up in the guild just means it's available to those in your guild... they have to then individually turn it on somehow and I honestly don't recall how I did that.... just that it gave me a headache and I spent a number of hours looking....

As for the Red + that was mentioned by @FrejaSP and honestly I've never seen it.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
FINALLY - something that made sense and works!
And there be my pretty YCC!

THANKS @FrejaSP for directing me to this... and THANKS @Captn Norrington for the pictures!

If you have already created the guild medal on your guild page, to activate it hover over the "guilds" button in the picture below, then press the "groups you're joined" button.

View attachment 41427

Then press the red plus sign and select the top option that says "choose ribbon" like the picture below. Your medal will be activated.

View attachment 41428

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That is all CSS
@MalagAste - what "red+" are you talking about? Is that another guild/group you are a member of?
@FrejaSP - yes, I set that up in my guild... but it is not displaying under my avatar...

This is what I'm talking about. (Thanks @Taylor for being the example)

The Green Alumni Banner is what is set up in the admin section of Xenforo for a specific user group, like moderators, supporters and such.
The Blue Alumni Banner is a Stratics Guild banner which links back to the Rusty Dagger (an Alum only group). @Ron Bron set up the group when it was decided that the Rusty Dagger boards were obsolete, but still should have a place for Alum to gather and banter. That blue banner is a "Stratics Guild/Group" banner attached to a group that was created not too long ago.

So here is my question..
1 - Taylor, how did you get that to display?
2 - @Nexus howcome I cannot get mine to display?
3 - What special thing did Ron Bron do to that particular group that allows the display on the banner on Taylor, but not on me - for I look high, low and under and I CANNOT find the setting for this in anything I have access to. Or is it because I'm a member of BOTH groups, so they cancel out?
3a - a side note, perhaps that banner should be "Rusty Dagger" and not "Alumni"?? Maybe change the color to a more rust one?

Further, could that be the reason MalagAste's "red+" appears and disappears as stated?

Is it a combination of permissions/groups that is (once again) fubar?
and last note for @Taylor

This is the basic banner/ribbon coloring that is native to the plugin software as this stuff is native and no longer driven by a plugin.

several of the banners/ribbons are customized via CSS then applied to groups in the ACP
Looks like someone is tweaking them.
I'm aware; I created this version of the forums. When I first set up the banners, we were deliberate with the colors and consistency. I can only find an older version below--the most recent was in the Help pages, which were later hidden or deleted.

Regarding showing guild banners, it's done this way:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ahh..
dunno why he started playing with the colors....