• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DIscussion About Banners Pulled Out Of Holy Fist Thread

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
just make it interruptable and it will be balanced.
Kei, i have 20 x more posts than you, 7x more likes than you, but why do you have so many medals - PRO? what pro? VET? Legend?
omg, where is my Finance Minister medal?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Kei, i have 20 x more posts than you, 7x more likes than you, but why do you have so many medals - PRO? what pro? VET? Legend?
Just spit balling here but I find it Interesting he has a 20% like rate, and yours is 11%.

I do believe in quality over quantity.

But I digress.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less than 600k posts. Legend right here. oldschool wins over postcount

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Professional banner = he bought a subscription to the website here: http://stratics.com/index.php?account/upgrades

Stratics Veteran banner = his account is at least 5 years old

Stratics Legend banner = his account is at least 10 years old.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

I'm wondering why I have both, Stratics Legend banner do cover the Stratics Veteran banner as my account can't be 10 years without being 5 years too. :)

Sorry for being off topic

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Just spit balling here but I find it Interesting he has a 20% like rate, and yours is 11%.

I do believe in quality over quantity.

But I digress.
I AM THE IFM - INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER - of course I'm well liked! LOL!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
That's actually a glitch, for some reason all new accounts posts have been going into our spam filter where they need someone to approve or delete them. We are trying to figure out how to stop that. I'm the one that's been approving your posts so I know what you mean. It's annoying from the moderator side too :)
Hey man Captain i been asking for my name change and medals for a looong ass time. you had time to even make a banner for yourself and give yourself sooooo many war decorations. Youre not even captain anymore, youre like B.G or Chief of Armed Forces already man. and yet im still a private ......

Man and you got a 80% like rate, privates really salute you like a general man.....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hey man Captain i been asking for my name change and medals for a looong ass time. you had time to even make a banner for yourself and give yourself sooooo many war decorations. Youre not even captain anymore, youre like B.G or Chief of Armed Forces already man. and yet im still a private ......

Man and you got a 80% like rate, privates really salute you like a general man.....
Go make a guild for your selv and you can make your banner so you don't feel naked. You are half the way to get a Stratics Veteran banner.
I have one banner from my player town and the rest, I had earned.
Remember respect is earned

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Go make a guild for your selv and you can make your banner so you don't feel naked. You are half the way to get a Stratics Veteran banner.
I have one banner from my player town and the rest, I had earned.
Remember respect is earned
Girl thx, man your last line make you sound so matured. Wish you were younger and hot.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I don't know I seem to have a rainbow of them myself. Again.... Earned.
Governer must be one on ATL?
Royal knight?

I want this medal:

Most Excellent
Order of the British Empire (but only the Queen can gime)

Or

Intergalactic Finance Minister (Stratics can!!)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Governer must be one on ATL?
Royal knight?

I want this medal:

Most Excellent
Order of the British Empire (but only the Queen can gime)

Or

Intergalactic Finance Minister (Stratics can!!)
Nope Willa of the Yew-wood is the Governor of Yew on Great Lakes. Has been since day 1. Was the Mayor of Yew on GL (not that anyone really cared by the RP community) for at least 6 to 8 years prior to the whole Governor System.

Member of the Royal Knights of Redemption (RKR) for several years now. Never really played on Atl. Don't think you could pay me enough to ever leave Great Lakes.

Good luck with your titles.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Nope Willa of the Yew-wood is the Governor of Yew on Great Lakes. Has been since day 1. Was the Mayor of Yew on GL (not that anyone really cared by the RP community) for at least 6 to 8 years prior to the whole Governor System.

Member of the Royal Knights of Redemption (RKR) for several years now. Never really played on Atl. Don't think you could pay me enough to ever leave Great Lakes.

Good luck with your titles.
I'm gov of Brit on Formosa, can I get a Gov medal too????

Royal knights I still don't understand how one can get this medal.

I was the biggest Bokuto Mage on GL, when it just released some 7-9 years ago. When I was still in Ann Arbor. You didn't know me then? Char name ANTICHRIST

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm gov of Brit on Formosa, can I get a Gov medal too????

Royal knights I still don't understand how one can get this medal.

I was the biggest Bokuto Mage on GL, when it just released some 7-9 years ago. When I was still in Ann Arbor. You didn't know me then? Char name ANTICHRIST
Royal Knight banner is my Guild Banner. Register your guild here and you get the banner. As for you being the Governor of Brit on Formosa you only need prove that to the powers that be here. Not a mod but they give those out.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Royal Knight banner is my Guild Banner. Register your guild here and you get the banner. As for you being the Governor of Brit on Formosa you only need prove that to the powers that be here. Not a mod but they give those out.
Cooooooolllllll MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok I'll press for my Gov medal!

Can I join your guild for royal knight?

How do I register my guild here????? If I did, can I get two medals???

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cooooooolllllll MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok I'll press for my Gov medal!

Can I join your guild for royal knight?

How do I register my guild here????? If I did, can I get two medals???
Yes if you register your guild here you will have 2 banners under your name. Cool eh? If you want to become a Knight you must first pass the trials of being a Squire and earn your Knighthood like everyone else in the RKR has for the last 14 years or more. And it's a Role-playing guild. But we welcome all who wish to become a Knight... Training is not easy though and Knighthood is not earned overnight. The road to Redemption is a long and difficult journey... learning the Virtues and then applying them.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Yes if you register your guild here you will have 2 banners under your name. Cool eh? If you want to become a Knight you must first pass the trials of being a Squire and earn your Knighthood like everyone else in the RKR has for the last 14 years or more. And it's a Role-playing guild. But we welcome all who wish to become a Knight... Training is not easy though and Knighthood is not earned overnight. The road to Redemption is a long and difficult journey... learning the Virtues and then applying them.
Sounds soooo arcane.

But RP aside, specifically, what tasks needed to earn it? Is the guild on ATL? Can I just prove I can kill most people in the guild that I'm a good bodyguard / knight to earn it via sheer power & dominance?

Gime your ICQ pls? Maybe one day I wana RP a bit lol, not pvm but maybe other stuff.

How do I register my own guild??? It's called MINISTRY OF FINANCE

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone who needs a governor banner should PM me with evidence of their governorship. Thanks.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Become a Professional supporter. That is one stripe. $5 a month I believe.

Volunteer. That is a whole new set of stripes there.

In game Gov'ners and Guilds get stripes.

Do not let the stripes distract you. A lot of us joined Stratics way before 2008.

Do not let post counts fool you. I have lost over 200k posts over the years. To be honest I hope many of them are really gone.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Become a Professional supporter. That is one stripe. $5 a month I believe.

Volunteer. That is a whole new set of stripes there.

In game Gov'ners and Guilds get stripes.

Do not let the stripes distract you. A lot of us joined Stratics way before 2008.

Do not let post counts fool you. I have lost over 200k posts over the years. To be honest I hope many of them are really gone.
27 posts/day for 20 years...well done.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, that whole stratics legend thing is kind of ********. Alot of us lost our accounts when **** hit the fan for the forums in 08? Or 06? Pretty sure it was 08.

Since we're talking about it and all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah my account has been around since 2001... It just got a name change when the forums went black for awhile.

Used to post under Willa all the time. I hate to think how many posts per day I score... Anyway that was unfortunate about the forums.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sad part is until this thread I didnt even notice the banners.... damn I've been posting here over 5 years? Time flies when your having fun I suppose :)

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Professional banner = he bought a subscription to the website here: http://stratics.com/index.php?account/upgrades

I don't believe this is correct. I had way more posts on the last iteration of Stratics than this one, going back over ten years. So I don't think the Legend banner was made solely to award account age. I asked about this a long time ago, and was told it was awarded during a small window of time to anyone who signed up right after these new forums were created, either in late 2007 or early 2008, and also rewarded to well-known members such as mods or fan site owners. Since I came back in November 2008, no Legend banner for me. There's nothing wrong with time-limited rewards, and I don't feel like I'm entitled to complain about it. Just pointing out, I don't think your guideline is correct, there are probably lots of old-timers here with no Legend banner. :wink:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't believe this is correct. I had way more posts on the last iteration of Stratics than this one, going back over ten years. So I don't think the Legend banner was made solely to award account age. I asked about this a long time ago, and was told it was awarded during a small window of time to anyone who signed up right after these new forums were created, either in late 2007 or early 2008, and also rewarded to well-known members such as mods or fan site owners. Since I came back in November 2008, no Legend banner for me. There's nothing wrong with time-limited rewards, and I don't feel like I'm entitled to complain about it. Just pointing out, I don't think your guideline is correct, there are probably lots of old-timers here with no Legend banner. :wink:
The legend banner and veteran banner have only existed for about one year. It was a new thing the last owner added. There is also a title called Stratics Legend everyone automatically gets when they reach 7,500 posts, but that has been around a lot longer.

Your completely right that not everyones account shows the correct age because of the crash in 2008, but since there was no way to determine whose accounts were what age due to the pretty extreme loss of information back then, iit was decided to just go with whatever the displayed age was on the account when deciding who got the banners. My own account says it was made in 2012, when in reality I've been around on Stratics for 15 or so years. It was pretty random whose original accounts could be recovered and who had to make entirely new accounts after the crash.

The banner you are thinking of for famous members, developers, past owners etc. says "V.I.P." on it.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for clearing that up. Did you have to ask to have your old account recovered? Is that data still available? And if I got my old account back, would it include my posts? I'd love to see how smart/dumb I was on here ten years ago.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for clearing that up. Did you have to ask to have your old account recovered? Is that data still available? And if I got my old account back, would it include my posts? I'd love to see how smart/dumb I was on here ten years ago.
When I asked to have my old account recovered unfortunately, it was not possible so I just made a completely new one. Some of the data from back then is still available, but like I said it is extremely random and fragmented. I'm not sure if getting your old account back would include the posts, but it might.

The technical things like that are the specialty of @Nexus if you want to talk to him about potentially trying to recover your old account.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
TYTY, it's done! Will I have my guild medal now?
If you have already created the guild medal on your guild page, to activate it hover over the "guilds" button in the picture below, then press the "groups you're joined" button.

Untitled.png

Then press the red plus sign and select the top option that says "choose ribbon" like the picture below. Your medal will be activated.

Untitled1.png

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
If you have already created the guild medal on your guild page, to activate it hover over the "guilds" button in the picture below, then press the "groups you're joined" button.

View attachment 41427

Then press the red plus sign and select the top option that says "choose ribbon" like the picture below. Your medal will be activated.

View attachment 41428
Woah! Thx so much captain!

I pressed the red plus, but only blue button trash can came out. Others didn't. Maybe my guild ain't approved by stratics yet?

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I asked to have my old account recovered unfortunately, it was not possible so I just made a completely new one. Some of the data from back then is still available, but like I said it is extremely random and fragmented. I'm not sure if getting your old account back would include the posts, but it might.

The technical things like that are the specialty of @Nexus if you want to talk to him about potentially trying to recover your old account.
Thanks, I'll do that! You're not so bad Captn, even if you did help crush my dream of seeing an improved CC interface....

:Begging:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
!!!!! Still not displayed
Hmm, if you did what I posted to activate it then it should already be displaying. I can see the banner through your guild, it's red and says "Finance Minister". So it definitely exists, but I have no idea why it isn't displaying.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's because I'm using mobile to do this. So it took a while. Usually I read stratics and hot board when I'm bombing Hiroshima or when I'm bored from work. Lol

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, that would definitely be considerate. Once all the time consuming things like that are over with he would most likely also have more time to devote to searching for any information that might be out there, increasing the odds of successfully finding the account :)