• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teleport exploit

virem11

Adventurer
Hello everybody,

Tons of mages are abusing a game change exploit.

They get dismounted ,run inside yew bank(not at the front doors) and from the first floor they teleport to the roof

Add the fact that I now have to run back to the front of the bank and teleport up top while they get away due to exploit..

Teleport should not be able to teleport through roofs. So we fix the issue!!

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This fake Virem is just a YouTube fan boy who is most likely terrible at picking music for his own videos, don't listen to him.

And.... why the hell do I need moderator approval now?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This fake Virem is just a YouTube fan boy who is most likely terrible at picking music for his own videos, don't listen to him.

And.... why the hell do I need moderator approval now?
It's a glitch. For some reason all posts are making us manually approve them. I've had to approve about 15 in the last 10 minutes. I don't know what's doing it but it's driving me nuts lol.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
And my username still hasn't been changed to the

Intergalactic Finance Minister

........ Must I donate to change?

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hardly an exploit teleporting from bank first floor to roof of abbey. Its been around forever.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have always been able to teleport up to the roof of pretty much any building with a flat roof.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys are trying to tell me that teleporting form here to the roof is not exploiting?
It's really not, if you have that tile as last target, or even saved as a separate macro, you're able to teleport from Anywhere under that tile as long as there's not an additional floor between you and it.

If you need to run back out to the entrance to teleport up, maybe you should set a macro in Assist (or whatever client/assistant you use) for it.

virem11

Adventurer
It's really not, if you have that tile as last target, or even saved as a separate macro, you're able to teleport from Anywhere under that tile as long as there's not an additional floor between you and it.

If you need to run back out to the entrance to teleport up, maybe you should set a macro in Assist (or whatever client/assistant you use) for it.
So you think when ultima online was designed and teleport was made that they intended it to be used to access places where you can not see and/or through walls? Sorry but I don't think they did therefor it is an exploit.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Teleport should not be able to teleport through roofs. So we fix the issue!!
Easy to fix, we just need an EM or Dev to add a teleporter from inside to the roof, just like at Brit bank. You can also teleport to Brit bank roof.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You can teleport to the roof from outside the door. The whole thread is pointless.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Stop being ignorant.
Okay fix it so they can't teleport through a floor.

They can still teleport from outside.

Pretty sure theyd call your post willful ignorance

virem11

Adventurer
Okay fix it so they can't teleport through a floor.

They can still teleport from outside.

Pretty sure theyd call your post willful ignorance
I don't have a problem with them teleporting from the entrance, I have a problem with them teleporting from inside, like I said stop being ignorant.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't have a problem with them teleporting from the entrance, I have a problem with them teleporting from inside, like I said stop being ignorant.
Your whole complaint is that they were dismounted and running to teleport to the roof.

They can still do this from outside.

I think you're grasping at straws now.

Carry on though.

virem11

Adventurer
Your whole complaint is that they were dismounted and running to teleport to the roof.

They can still do this from outside.

I think you're grasping at straws now.

Carry on though.
No my complaint was that they were dismounted ,ran inside and teleported to the roof where it is not visible to them. I think you realize you made a mistake and can't admit it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No my complaint was that they were dismounted ,ran inside and teleported to the roof where it is not visible to them. I think you realize you made a mistake and can't admit it.
The only mistake I made was responding to a troll.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
YOU COULD DO IT TOO!!! If they did it, you press your macro and follow and chase.... Obviously u didn't have the macro and lost a kill, so you're sour lol.

Go make the macro now!

virem11

Adventurer
YOU COULD DO IT TOO!!! If they did it, you press your macro and follow and chase.... Obviously u didn't have the macro and lost a kill, so you're sour lol.

Go make the macro now!
But I don't want to exploit.. why is that so hard for you to understand?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ppl been doing that since 1997 I believe... perhaps not "intended" (like so many other things) but if there is no floor between you and the roof, it is possible to set up a macro. Seen ppl do it with vaulted ceilings in custom homes as well. Was one way for ppl to get away from the Reds bitd - then everyone started doing it. Interesting the old tactics are coming back.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while were at it lets fix the synch dump flamestrike. this abuse has been around forever.

walling someone in is outrageous as well. how dare another player prevent me from going where i want. thats harrasment.

virem11

Adventurer
while were at it lets fix the synch dump flamestrike. this abuse has been around forever.

walling someone in is outrageous as well. how dare another player prevent me from going where i want. thats harrasment.
Wow, that is a really good comparison, well done.