• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bit of a bid war going on in the dieing hours

xX~Cobalt Bones~Xx

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This post is worthless without links to examples of this on these forums.

Let's see your top ten example links
go back and look over locked threads. its not hard but im not doing that lol. alot of such threads have been removed or highly edited. anyone who looks at trade forums should know what im talking about.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Lord Nabin, at this point, I think you're just feeding the trolls. There's a conspiracy around every corner, but for that, I'd much rather listen to Night Vale than argue with folks here. :D

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
this is the last time i checked on the auction, at 7 hours. when exactly did the buy it now button appear? i find it very hard to believe that this wasnted mentioned around behind the scenes. legal or not, seems backhanded. i guess whatever is best to make $$ within the limits of the law, and not getting caught. im glad stratics wont poof, but also feel the whole situation was handled extremely poorly. extorting the community because of fear the site would be lost, accusations that anyone else interested the site would just tear it apart. People being sidelinded and frowned upon (and not given a buy it now when asked about it) like JC, and probably a few others who would have ran the site very well. Whole thing was an embarassing mess. the real winner? Ron Bron of course. grats buddy.

View attachment 41050
this was exactly what i thought too. the seller preyed on the emotions of the 'community' to turn a hefty profit. it's not a conspiracy theory. it's the truth. i hate to see people take advantage of others.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
work towards building the community instead of dividing it
I do not feel like this is a community at all. I feel more like a child on this site of the 1920's of "be seen not heard."
If i say what I think I get slapped down by admin.

ONE time they said they where going to change policy to lighten up. I was all happy. I even donated money and they banned me for my reason for being happy. Then they said that was a mistake we're going back to the old way again.

I really never liked this place... EVER

Today I don't fight it. I feel like I have to keep my mouth shut and find the information I'm looking for and leave.

That is why I support JC the Builder. I never had an issue of any kind on his sites.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know how you can be sitting at an IDOC and suddenly the house gets refreshed because the owner transferred it at the last moment?

There is no reason for anyone to be bitter about what happened here.
I'm not bitter I'm very disappointed you didn't take lead on this.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
when people run long auctions here like over a week (with an end date) and just decide to add a buyout, it looks really, really bad.
Happens on a frequent basis, both in real life auctions and auctions in this game.

for both the seller (who often gets blacklisted) and also the buyer.
Like who and when? Give an example.

theres often some corruption involved
There wasn't in this case. Buyout was public, even if added late in the auction. Read Flippa's rules. Just because something happens that you don't necessarily like doesn't mean it's corruption.

and even if not it breeds suspicion of both the buyer and seller, leading other traders to not want to deal with them. see this happen pretty often. just a bad sale, bad pr.
The people who bought this website aren't going to be doing other transactions or selling the site any time soon. Your point is moot.

If he had a buy it now price in mind it should have been listed at the start of the auction.
The buyer conducted the auction within the rules of Flippa. He could list a buy out at any time he wishes. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean he should not have done it.

If this auction were here on the forums, the thread would have been locked from posting whats on alot of peoples minds right now
There was probably somewhere along the lines of a dozen different threads created on this board discussing various aspects of the sale of Stratics and the auction itself. There were more than enough opportunities for people to add in their two cents and air their grievances. To my knowledge, the only thread that got locked was locked at the request of the original poster.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
go back and look over locked threads. its not hard but im not doing that lol. alot of such threads have been removed or highly edited. anyone who looks at trade forums should know what im talking about.
Hogwash.

I do not feel like this is a community at all. I feel more like a child on this site of the 1920's of "be seen not heard."
If i say what I think I get slapped down by admin.
Give us a break. If you don't like it, stop wasting time on the forums and focus on your in-game community.

Also, there is nothing JC could have changed with the forums that would've changed this gripe.

That is why I support JC the Builder. I never had an issue of any kind on his sites.
And JC supports the people who won the auction and made a significant donation himself. So I think its time for you to see the light and get over it.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stop wasting time on the forum
Exactly

said,"there is nothing JC could have changed with the forums that would've changed this gripe"

no. I had to debate somethings on his site many years ago. I didn't get slapped down. I aired my issue that was that. it was handled as it should.

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Part of the spell friend but I here it gives the pop corn a certain kick when done right

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Careful little Ox, you risk t0 get to like being here :devil:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Yea... I'm late to the party but my yearly Xmas ski trip will always take precedence over UO. :D)

CONGRATS Stratics and its supporters ! Well done !
This is truly a landmark step forward for MMO gaming sites and you all should be proud of your accomplishments. :)
Thank You all those involved for insuring the longevity of our games most often visited website. Bravo !