• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Good Times! Share your favorite images of UO/Stratics here to help us save Stratics!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As discussed in this post, the Stratics Senior Staff is working on a crowdfunding campaign to keep Stratics in the hands of the community. You have questions, but we don't want to answer just yet until we have everything nailed down. While we cross our t's and dot our i's on the campaign, we'd like to give you another way to contribute.

We'd like to include all of you in this, since that's what Stratics is all about--you! Stratics is more than just an informational site. It's a community of all kinds of different people from all over the world united by our continued devotion to a game that many of us have been playing continuously or intermittently for the better part of two decades.

So we'd like you to submit images--screenshots, cartoons, drawings, whatever--about the great times you've had in UO. The fun times, the funny times, the times you and your whole guild died horribly together and now look back upon fondly. We'd especially love to see images of what part Stratics has played in your UO "life". Make sure you include a short description of why the picture is meaningful to you.

Remember: By posting your images in this thread, you are giving us permission to use them on the campaign site. The sooner we get your submissions the better--the campaign will be moving quickly and we'd love to get as many of your submissions as possible included. All the support we can get in regards to preserving Stratics helps, whether it be financial or otherwise. And as always, thank you for your support!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'll get us started!

Goblin wedding officiated by EM Drosselmeyer on Chesapeake. This was one of the most fun events I've ever attended--the bride and groom (as well as most of the wedding party) were goblins, and farted and burped throughout the whole thing, while EM Drosselmeyer gave a beautiful speech about fish and turnips.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When KR was coming out and we had some funky targeting cursors...I still remember CatHat laughing about this...

Cellmate (Not sure if he's still around???) had posted a picture of the targeting cursor and this came to my head immediately...

The newest in snowglobes!

Speaking of CatHat...

Yes I saved his Signature pic...it's totally awesome! (Someone has to have the others!)

I've been with Stratics since 2006....have seen Devs and posters come and go (Remember Fayled?)

Lots of good memories have been made here!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Almost 11 years ago, Stratics' own, legendary Crazy Joe, established Gamers Charity, with the sole purpose to collect money to American Red Cross, helping victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Crazy Joe and Brekee set up a network of volunteers, to set up donation vendors on all our shards. Auctions were also held, where items donated by players were sold to generate even more cash for the cause.

I was a News Reporter for Drachenfels at that time and had two vendors at my rune library during the event.

I think this picture sums up what impact Stratics and its staff have had on my (UO-) life and how great this community is! :smile2:

drach921-2.jpg

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Almost 11 years ago, Stratics' own, legendary Crazy Joe, established Gamers Charity, with the sole purpose to collect money to American Red Cross, helping victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Crazy Joe and Brekee set up a network of volunteers, to set up donation vendors on all our shards. Auctions were also held, where items donated by players were sold to generate even more cash for the cause.

I was a News Reporter for Drachenfels at that time and had two vendors at my rune library during the event.

I think this picture sums up what impact Stratics and its staff have had on my (UO-) life and how great this community is! :smile2:

View attachment 40333
Is this house still there?

Tinky Feetz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'll get us started!

Goblin wedding officiated by EM Drosselmeyer on Chesapeake. This was one of the most fun events I've ever attended--the bride and groom (as well as most of the wedding party) were goblins, and farted and burped throughout the whole thing, while EM Drosselmeyer gave a beautiful speech about fish and turnips.
DAT BEES MEES AN AMIZELLY"S WEDDIN.

Dat wus a gud times. Tank you fer posdin dis!!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
UO Stuffs...
EM visits for Story Night... Napa Valley, Halloween 2009

From one of Hawkeye's features:

Hunting the Stygian Dragon

Hapless plea to the Blue Dragon

Stratics Banners
Just remember, it was not all about UO...
All banners were made for Stratics and are buried somewhere in the archives. I have them because I made them.

And UO Banners too...

And Holiday Banners...

Stratics Staff were asked to provide an avatar from their favorite game for this banner... Yes, even DuckHunt made it!
We even had a contest based on the banner - name that game. :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I wished I was the one that cast wither... I am one of the grey robes actually. I took none of the pictures I am posting. I am finding these old photos on Stratics posts from over ten years ago.

Here is a nice one. Good party!

My first in game wedding. It was f'ing awesome!

Girl Scout Edith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was during the Mercenary Invasion on Baja a few years ago. We were dying left and right, over and over, days on end.

We managed to get a lot of people together and moon the camera at the same time while saying "MERC THIS"! In case ya can't see it the cookies spell out "MERC THIS"
It was directed of course towards our beloved EM.
Us Girl Scouts kept our shirts, sashes and berets on for modesty of course.

Well.. most of us did.

*salutes*

Merc This.jpg

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

One of my favorite pictures of UO. A couple of years ago... a guild I fought against had a french leader. I have since grown very fond of him and love the guy. But when I would fight him, his broken English would show when he was angry. After killing him one day, he yelled out "PEOPEL ARE FOOL!" in general chat. All of us in vent roared with laughter over the statement, and quickly grew fond of the saying! It became a deep inside joke, and a phrase we used often. Here's one night in Yew after a pvp victory!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One of my favorite pictures of UO. A couple of years ago... a guild I fought against had a french leader. I have since grown very fond of him and love the guy. But when I would fight him, his broken English would show when he was angry. After killing him one day, he yelled out "PEOPEL ARE FOOL!" in general chat. All of us in vent roared with laughter over the statement, and quickly grew fond of the saying! It became a deep inside joke, and a phrase we used often. Here's one night in Yew after a pvp victory!
That is one of my favorites too.

Does anyone want to share some PvP shots to be potentially used in the video?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm taking the liberty of reposting Riyana's picture, taken at a governor's meeting on Chesapeake. The goblins, having had their petition for independence rejected by the King (aka "dat Blackthorny guy"), snuck in before the meeting and totally trashed his castle. Needless to say, there were repercussions.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm taking the liberty of reposting Riyana's picture, taken at a governor's meeting on Chesapeake. The goblins, having had their petition for independence rejected by the King (aka "dat Blackthorny guy"), snuck in before the meeting and totally trashed his castle. Needless to say, there were repercussions.

At least there aren't any yellow puddles :mf_prop:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not sure how to properly load these on here, so heres to it!

When I got rid of my Illegally placed L shape. I can't beelive its been 6 years since I sold it. Seems like yesterday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ictures/House 4 sale 2 20 2009/HouseInfo1.jpg

The largest deal I ever made as a broker:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/Old UO Pictures/Random UO Pics/UO0003.jpg
I do believe I was the first to create an Auction house and run auctions on almost all main shards. This picture is just a random one from 6-29-2006.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/Old UO Pictures/Champ Photos/6-29-2006-0024.jpg
Hold the Door!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/Old UO Pictures/DK Photos/8-14-05-0007.jpg
A good example of when not to push a choke point:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/Old UO Pictures/DK Photos/8-7-05-A0045.jpg

Thats all for now.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Everyone loves a crazy cat lady...
crazy_cat_lady_zpsbfc68031.png

Bears make the best dirt!
beardirt.png

Perhaps the ugliest boss ever...
DeadSpider.png

Someone made a house even crazier than one of mine...
dyetubhouse.png

The battle of the rock mountains...
Morningstaroutside.jpg house - rear walls done.jpg

EMs with split personalities...
EMsofDoom.jpg

...and EMs gone bad...
Falcon-Navrey1.png

...while other EMs just get creative:
Sakura.png

New shards are born... (Origin, 2nd day it was live)
Origin GM day 2.png

We visit strange places... (12 Oct 2006, the void rift battle on Chessie)
void28.png
...then we visit those same places again years later...
Screenshot from 2015-09-25 21:23:51.png

A busy Luna is a happy Luna (Chessie, Oct 2006):
ChessieLuna.png

And of course, there's those moments you just can't put into words :)
abyssalDragon.png

Attachments

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I kind of wondered if anyone else in that pic still was playing :D

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys...these are epic!

The campaign is live at http://igg.me/at/BringStraticsHome , but I am going to be pulling a bunch of these to add to the campaign over the next couple days, so as Riy said, please keep em coming!

We may also look at making some more mods to the main video to include more...but not being video experts were were in the weeds to get it finished and get the fundraising going. Any great videographers out there who might be interested in helping with that kind of thing, we're all ears ;-)

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Oh that is PRECIOUS.

I can't help myself...I really kinda love the goblins. Wish we had a few on Sonoma hehe.

CrazyJoe

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 40333
That was a surprise, and still is one of my proudest moments in my life.

As for my pictures, I have no idea where the CDRom is with my version of episodes from my Event Moderator days. Some of the behind the scenes things were so dang funny.

Wherever GM Zilo is - you were the bestest.

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ok, guys -- I really really do need a good (funny) caption for some of these photos. I'm going to start posting a featured "Duh Game" screenie of the day on the campaign site, but the caption would go a long way toward giving these awesome examples relevance to "gamers far and wide." We want to give people a reason to come back to the campaign site, or to share it with others, every single day for the rest of the campaign. (We're also about to start pushing out PR releases to other game sites too, so this could go very wide...this is your chance to show em what you got.)

I came up with one but I'd prefer to use examples from the Community -- I'm sure you guys are much funnier than I am. (Also, it doesn't have to be a UO shot -- if it's funny and you have a great caption that would resound with gamers, go for it.)

PLEASE HELP US OUT -- it's time to really start ramping up this campaign if we want to be successful. We've collected 30% of our funding goal in less than 3 days...let's go all the way with this and ensure a free Stratics, once and for all!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok, guys -- I really really do need a good (funny) caption for some of these photos. I'm going to start posting a featured "Duh Game" screenie of the day on the campaign site, but the caption would go a long way toward giving these awesome examples relevance to "gamers far and wide." We want to give people a reason to come back to the campaign site, or to share it with others, every single day for the rest of the campaign. (We're also about to start pushing out PR releases to other game sites too, so this could go very wide...this is your chance to show em what you got.)

I came up with one but I'd prefer to use examples from the Community -- I'm sure you guys are much funnier than I am. (Also, it doesn't have to be a UO shot -- if it's funny and you have a great caption that would resound with gamers, go for it.)

PLEASE HELP US OUT -- it's time to really start ramping up this campaign if we want to be successful. We've collected 30% of our funding goal in less than 3 days...let's go all the way with this and ensure a free Stratics, once and for all!
How should we do this? Do we tell you which picture in this thread we would like to submit a proposed caption for? Should we PM you, perhaps?

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
How should we do this? Do we tell you which picture in this thread we would like to submit a proposed caption for? Should we PM you, perhaps?

Ha -- good question, Gypsy...I've never done one of these before so I'm feeling my way along. Plus, I'm not really picky as long as I can figure out which screenie your caption is for.

I think it'd work best to keep them in here -- some folks may have a favorite already posted that they want to offer a caption for, while others may want to submit a new one...and ideas do tend to feed off one another too!

How about this:
  1. If it's a screenshot already posted by someone in this thread, just reply to it with a quote and/or embed the post link above your caption idea, so it's clear which one you intend it for.
  2. If it's a new screenshot then just post it here with your caption underneath it, in text.
I'll be adding the captions via Photoshop, as there are some size requirements for the screenshots on the campaign page. And, if you want credit for the caption or screenshot, let me know and I'll look for a way to fit it in (for both, if I can find room without degrading the shot.)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think using the post number might work.

Here goes:

Picture #25 in this thread (See my post of Riyana's pic re: Blackthorn's castle after being trashed by the Pitmuck goblins)

Caption Suggestion: Blackthorn issued a new announcement for all the town cryers: "Hear Ye! Hear Ye! By order of the King! NEVER permit goblins posing as decorators to enter your castles!"

Last edited:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
These aren't in-game pictures, but it is game related. The Pax Lair crew met up for a Ren fair many moons ago. I won't tag the people in the photos, but it was a fun event and shows the connection of UO. If this is not relevant just delete this post.

Majority of group:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/RenFair/00125.jpg

Entire group photo:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/RenFair/renfest06017.jpg

The Karaoke Team:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/Kara Bar/00080.jpg

Just found this gem; video of the Karaoke team's version of Hotel California.
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/Video/00112.mp4

Gifts in the exchange:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/MG BBQ/00076.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/MG BBQ/00077.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/MG BBQ/00073.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/MG BBQ/00072.jpg

Real life archery is way harder than UO's:
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v507/CottonsPics/MI Ren FAIR/Video/Ren Videos/renfest06112.mp4

Such a great time w/ long time friends in game.
The HOLLY Renfair??? BEST RenFair in the country!

I've been taking my kids and family to this fair for about...20 years now; it's become quite the tradition.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Just a few of the Fun times with the UOGLRPC(Ultima Online Great Lakes Role-Play Community).
1. Some fun with the Yew Militia defending the town against Vampires!
2. A farewell to the King
3. Queen Dawn and Princess Mirendell(baby Platinum Dragon)
4. Fun with Blackrock Experiments with the Royal Knights of Redemption (RKR).

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The HOLLY Renfair??? BEST RenFair in the country!

I've been taking my kids and family to this fair for about...20 years now; it's become quite the tradition.
That'd be it! I've been to many Renfairs all over the mid-west, and that one was pretty darn good. Of course, I was in the midst of a great group of UO players, so how could it have gone wrong?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ooh, I've got an oldie... the old Mos Strahteks group in Star Wars galaxies! Sadly, I can't find a picture of the actual player town of Mos Strahteks, but here's a fun picture of a couple of the members. Many of that group were Stratics staff. Here, Sper'ka (aka @Speranza) sics his pet malkloc on poor Jorah.