• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Castle Customizing Pics?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
West wall is easier if you do it first and then never ever remove the floor tiles you've raised until you're positive you're done with them. I did this easily with object handles but now that I've built my walls up high it's hard to pick them out unless I make my them out of a different material (so that the handles stand out from the pavers I used inside). If you're really stuck you can just use a spell, target the tile, then run back to the stairs and use the tool with last object macro. Once you get them raised enough you can use transparency from the inside to raise them higher. I use house teleporters to move up and down the levels so I can raise them higher without having to retarget the tiles. Maybe others have quicker methods but that will work.

If you have a friend or a second account you could have them outside while you stand up high, have them drop the tile in a visible spot (like the main stairs into your castle), target it with your tool, it will tell you it's not locked down, but just have them pick it up and drop it where it's needed, double click it to lock it down. Now with you inside you can use last object (deco tool) last target to raise it up. Should go quickly. If you're not sure what the heck I'm talking about give me a shout and I can come help you get the first few going.

And not sure if you've picked up on this (if you have, my apologies) but object handles only work from certain positions. For example if I place a stone tile outside at the SW corner, I can't see the handle unless I run inside and stand right next to that spot

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
how did you guys place walls on the West wall and the South wall?
i went downstairs and couldnt place a tile so i ran around outside the west wall and could place a tile under the foundation but once i got back inside the castle i couldnt see it.
tried to pull the handle for it and couldnt see it.
I use CC and UO-Assist, after I placed the tile, I casted a spell, that would let me target the tile. Now I have the tile on last target.
I then went to my front step, and could use a macro key for last target to raise it.
That did only work for the first ones, so I placed a teleporter on my step and one inside, so I could get in without lose last target. Alternative, let someone open door for you, maybe char on second account.

I also spare a lot of clicks, when using the macro key for last target instead of dbl clicking over and over to raise it.

Reactions: Poo

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there is just no stopping!!!!

decided to work on the East walk way today.
added a arched wall to the exterior then added a 3rd floor above where im gonna put my Raised Plant Boxes (so they can get the sun in the afternoon)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
West wall is easier if you do it first and then never ever remove the floor tiles you've raised until you're positive you're done with them. I did this easily with object handles but now that I've built my walls up high it's hard to pick them out unless I make my them out of a different material (so that the handles stand out from the pavers I used inside). If you're really stuck you can just use a spell, target the tile, then run back to the stairs and use the tool with last object macro. Once you get them raised enough you can use transparency from the inside to raise them higher. I use house teleporters to move up and down the levels so I can raise them higher without having to retarget the tiles. Maybe others have quicker methods but that will work.

If you have a friend or a second account you could have them outside while you stand up high, have them drop the tile in a visible spot (like the main stairs into your castle), target it with your tool, it will tell you it's not locked down, but just have them pick it up and drop it where it's needed, double click it to lock it down. Now with you inside you can use last object (deco tool) last target to raise it up. Should go quickly. If you're not sure what the heck I'm talking about give me a shout and I can come help you get the first few going.

And not sure if you've picked up on this (if you have, my apologies) but object handles only work from certain positions. For example if I place a stone tile outside at the SW corner, I can't see the handle unless I run inside and stand right next to that spot
grrrrrrr

k that makes sense but that sounds nasty to do.
ill give it a try tomorrow, i already have the tiles laid out and locked down.
ill just need to run in and out 16 times to get them up to where i can finally see them.

i have so much carpet and other stones already in my place using item handles dosnt work, its just a overload for the poor system.

i tried to make a uoassist macro for raising blocks but i failed to get it to work.
ill experiment more now that i know you guys have gotten it to work.
i think maybe my problem was i was trying to do a do it all so i target block with the first lift then hit my hotkey and i had it set to lift last 14 more times, hahaha, go big or go home!
ill refine it down to 1 and see if that works.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it never ceases to amaze me how 8 hours can fly by when your caught up doing something like this.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I use CC and UO-Assist, after I placed the tile, I casted a spell, that would let me target the tile. Now I have the tile on last target.
I then went to my front step, and could use a macro key for last target to raise it.
That did only work for the first ones, so I placed a teleporter on my step and one inside, so I could get in without lose last target. Alternative, let someone open door for you, maybe char on second account.

I also spare a lot of clicks, when using the macro key for last target instead of dbl clicking over and over to raise it.
thanks guys, works like a charm, lots of running but works!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming I understand what you mean, if you want to build new walls on top of the existing castle walls just drop a floor tile on the wall spot and raise it above the existing wall. Now drop one of your crafted walls on the stone and lower to "merge" with the existing wall. Some spots are tricky to drop walls, for those you can use pouches, put the wall in the pouch and axe it. For the south and east walls this is pretty easy. For North and West walls you'll have to go outside as already described in other posts. Just use circle of transparency to drop the stone tile on the ground underneath the existing foundation - double click it to place it, then go inside and use object handles to raise it with the tool. Get it high enough, drop the new wall on it, then raise or lower the wall. Make sense?
Does this only work for half or quarter walls? I can't seem to place anything on the tile when trying it on a full wall (I even raised to the 3rd level).

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this only work for half or quarter walls? I can't seem to place anything on the tile when trying it on a full wall (I even raised to the 3rd level).
If you mean you're trying to drop a crafted stone wall on a "real" full size wall - then no I don't think so. If you raise a full wall to the top and try and drop it down it will eventually stop and tell you it can't be lowered any further. Even for half/quarter walls you can only lower a full wall so far before its blocked. As such there are some challenging spots in castles that I can't seem to drop a full wall (anyone else figure out a trick for the spot below?)

TroubleSpot.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

added a arched wall to the exterior then added a 3rd floor above where im gonna put my Raised Plant Boxes (so they can get the sun in the afternoon)

Urgh.....damb it!!! Now I need to do that East walkway to my castle.
I really need to stop looking at this thread. :D
That's just awesome Poo.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
did the West wall and North wall today.
ya i know, i wasnt gonna do anymore.
grrrrrr, damn OCD!
anways, little bit different with these 2 walls.
i needed them for bulk storage for 2 things - fountains and for chicken coupes.
so i extended the walls up to the 3rd level then put a 3rd level footer in for the items.
then it was just a matter of repopulating the items to the spots.
so now i have 2 monster walls that are better for collecting the consumables.
so not really deco/pretty but definatly helps me cut down on space.

and before anyone asks - yes i do use that many band-aids!

West

North

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Damn you Reggie...I just thought I got my house the way I like it and you go off and show me some stuff like this........Ooo the possibilities!!!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
did the front wall this weekend.
i hummed and hawed over it for a week not knowing what i wanted to do with it.
finally decided i wanted to make the wall full 2 stories like the end towers and i also wanted the same type of 3rd level walkway that i had over on the East side.

so as far as im concerned i am officially DONE tweaking the castle.
now i just have to go back and put all my deco back out, ugghhhhh!

unless of course i...... no! NO! it has to end!!!!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a trick to making the steps that go over the walls? I made some just like in the pictures in this thread but my character cannot go over the wall as if there is an invisible wall there. stairs.jpg

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Is there a trick to making the steps that go over the walls? I made some just like in the pictures in this thread but my character cannot go over the wall as if there is an invisible wall there. View attachment 38520
did you bring the tile up from underneath?
also, try to raise it one more and see if that works.
the cross over tile can be finicky some times.
what i do is i raise and lower the cross over tile a couple in each direction and if that dosnt work then i raise and lower the stairs on both sides one or 2 in each direction.
either of those 2 things should solve your problem.

if you look up at my past pic you can see those big walk ways i made, those stairs on the end of each pathway are raised.
the ruff blocks in the middle of the stairs is raised 2 tiles and the stairs themselves are raised one. (or was it 2 and 4.......????)
but i had to do that so i could reach the cross over tiles (which in this case extend at the same height all the way across)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One question Poo,
The ladder at the entrance, does it really give access to the 2nd floor or is it just for show?
That really could be a time saver if I didn't have to run thru multiple doors all the time ;)

*crosses fingers*

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did you bring the tile up from underneath?
also, try to raise it one more and see if that works.
the cross over tile can be finicky some times.
what i do is i raise and lower the cross over tile a couple in each direction and if that dosnt work then i raise and lower the stairs on both sides one or 2 in each direction.
either of those 2 things should solve your problem.

if you look up at my past pic you can see those big walk ways i made, those stairs on the end of each pathway are raised.
the ruff blocks in the middle of the stairs is raised 2 tiles and the stairs themselves are raised one. (or was it 2 and 4.......????)
but i had to do that so i could reach the cross over tiles (which in this case extend at the same height all the way across)
Thank you for the advice. I brought the crossover tile all the way from the courtyard below. I played briefly with the height of the pieces, but must not have hit the right combination yet. I'll mess with it some more tonight.

UPDATE: I figured out what the problem was. Before doing the second floor, I installed the third (level with the original castle roof). Apparently that floor is not high enough and I was hitting it while trying to walk over the walls. Raising some tiles on top fixed it. Now I have to figure out a graceful way of having raised tiles here and there :)

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My castle is far from done, but thought I would post what I have so far. The goal was to try and make it look different from the traditional castle look. The west and east turret will eventually be the same but can't make up my mind about which one to go with right now. The south east turret took about 10 hours of playing around just to get it that far. I tried playing around with different colours of granite (you can see some of the shadow granite at the top) but decided to go back to traditional castle colours. Still lots of messing around to do, and then comes decorating. Let me know what you think.

castle_so_far.png

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One question Poo,
The ladder at the entrance, does it really give access to the 2nd floor or is it just for show?
That really could be a time saver if I didn't have to run thru multiple doors all the time ;)

*crosses fingers*
It does. I was at his place yesterday afternoon and could hop right on up to the second floor.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, Good news about the ladders on the doorstep.........now how exactly does one place them on the doorstep? :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
work in progress.
ATL Keep.

i havnt done the South section yet and havnt deco'd yet.
all the stuff laying around is stuff i was shuffling around while building.

also need to decide if im gonna ring the top with a short wall like i did on the castle or go for a tall wall....

the front (south) i was thinking of 2 stairways going up to the 2 towers on the sides.....

i like the soulforge though.
i double stacked some ruff blocks and put it up nice and high with stairs all around it.
kinda like a beacon.

(the bottom right pic shows the under-skirt view of the roof above)
(** also note how the keeps have a graphic glitch / illusion to them - all 3 walls on the 2nd level i put up look like they dont match up with the existing walls at one end, took me a while to figure out that there was not a missing tile hidden in there its just the way they designed the keep back in '97)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Done!

i wash my hands of this!

and yes,
that is my throne with the cake and fresh cut flowers at my feet and a picnic basket full of nibblies!
even those of us who kill people and make skin suits of them must have some quality 'me time' to recharge ones batteries.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Here's some pics of my alchemy castle on Atlantic. It's located on the North side of Vesper on the road towards Minoc. Originally, it had 800 more new granite tiles, but it was too laggy. It's still a bit laggy. :)
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 5.52.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 5.53.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 3.35.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 3.36.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 3.37.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 4.09.50 PM.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd imagine that your place a tile on the floor using Circle of Transparency and then raise it all the way up

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd imagine that your place a tile on the floor using Circle of Transparency and then raise it all the way up
Thats what I did. I placed it on the edge of the wall using the CoT then raised it up but it leaves a gap :(

Do I need to place it inside the room and lift from that side rather than in the grass area?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe this are the spot you need, you need to use circle trans

corner_tile.jpg

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my current setup. Still decorating, got a long way to go. But think Im done with the walls, blocks etc. etc.
I recognise that!! Looking good mate and thanks for the help the other day. I will pop by and take a look soon.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I recognise that!! Looking good mate and thanks for the help the other day. I will pop by and take a look soon.
Thanks mate :)
And no problem. Drop by any time, could use some ideas for the empty areas regarding decoration :D

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is it 70 or 69 that is max for a floor tile, if I don't want to lose it after server down, lost a few at 74 :(

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it 70 or 69 that is max for a floor tile, if I don't want to lose it after server down, lost a few at 74 :(
I believe around 70 was the quote for Kyronix but he also added, that if the game lets you drop a (crafted) wall or paver then it's legal. So in my house I can get to 75. I actually raised a couple tiles to 76, 77 and 78...they're all gone, but everything at 75 is still there.

That being said, don't get mad at me if you do what I did and your stuff vanishes. I offer no guarantees, just my own observations.

I'm curious, did you raise a paver to get to 74? Or did you place it? For example, raise a tile to 70, then try to drop a stone block on it - does it let you or go back in your pack with an error message? Cause a stone block dropped on a paver at 70, would be 75 which in my house is legal. If it doesn't, lower your paver one, then try to drop the block - does it stay? rinse and repeat until you get a height that's legal, then leave it overnight and see what happens.

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It really does matter on the terraine I think. I tested things in two different castles... one stuff went poof at 68 (under the spot of the castle was a small "hump" in the terrain) and the other stuff went poof at 76. I tend to keep stuffs around 65, particularly if they are important/rare stuffs. And yes - Kyronix said "...around 70..." which really makes me think it is a terrain issue, not a house thing.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tiles actually do not vanish. Check the castle moving crate. They all go into there. I found this out when I went above the max and then overloaded my house secure items....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The tiles actually do not vanish. Check the castle moving crate. They all go into there. I found this out when I went above the max and then overloaded my house secure items....
Cool, found my 20 tiles again and one I lost at 52, thought I dbl clicked it with a mistake and it decayed. The one I replaced it with, is still on it's place.

The 20 floor tiles was all raised to 74 and I do remember, I could not drop a short wall on them to get the edge right. I will see if my new tiles at 70 stay after server down. I can place a block or short wall on them, so I think they are ok.

Thanks for the help all

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if there was an option in the house menu to able us to "dump" a castle contents into the moving crate for safe storage while we "try" to redesign our plots..?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It would be nice if there was an option in the house menu to able us to "dump" a castle contents into the moving crate for safe storage while we "try" to redesign our plots..?
That would be many hours of work, that ended up in my moving crates and it would mess up my lockdowns for very long time as they could count as lockdowns in the moving crates

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many wonderful designs on this thread :) Only just found it, usually read homes and castles not this forum :)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, and maybe while they're at it they could add a way to backup designs, then if we don't like the changes we can go back. They could roll these things into some sort of home customization ability - ahh, dare to dream
:stir:

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I decided to post my castle pics, even when I'm not done yet. 1th floor did get 2 stairs and 2 set doors so far

At Second floor, I made 4 balconies, one have a stair to next floor and I have a ladder too.

3th floor did cost me a lot of granit and I'm not done yet, I need to build 2 more towers and there are some finish to do too.
Freja, is there a trick to placing this piece:
question 2.png
When I go outside with the circle of transparency, it is blocked by the foundation for the stairs, so I can't seem to drop a paver.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did not have trouble with that one, I was using CC

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finally got around to putting up my garden shed in the one raised back area, so thought id put up a pick of both the lighthouse and the garden shed raised up to the 2nd level on the raised mezzanine areas.

i REALLY like being able to raise tiles there and use that otherwise dead space to house these big objects.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had to buy a new mouse half way through but the remodel is done! Time to move in and start decorating.

level one - not much change
first floor.jpg

Second floor - remodeled the south catwalk
second floor.jpg

Mez level courtyard and stairs to upper levels (level two and half?)
South Catwalk.jpg

Third level
(you'll notice a couple spikes sticking up through the floor and they do block movement. Going to try and hide them with deco or possibly interior walls on top of them) third floor.jpg

Roof top
Roof.jpg

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My castle is far from done, but thought I would post what I have so far. The goal was to try and make it look different from the traditional castle look. The west and east turret will eventually be the same but can't make up my mind about which one to go with right now. The south east turret took about 10 hours of playing around just to get it that far. I tried playing around with different colours of granite (you can see some of the shadow granite at the top) but decided to go back to traditional castle colours. Still lots of messing around to do, and then comes decorating. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 38537
You have done a wonderful job here. I have been trying to put a simple roof over the courtyard so areas of it do not vanish when I walk around inside.