• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make Clean-Up Points Accessible by All Characters on Account

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1

I have chars on other shards with gifts going back years.....would love to consolidate all those points onto my shard since I don't use transfer tokens so they just sit in a bank vault ;)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
what is the clean up point cap?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would also like to see all toons on a certain shard be able to donate to the same clean-up point pool. Similar to dropping piles of gold into our bank box now and have them counted toward our total balance, I don't see why this should be any different.

Would love to see clean up rewards updated more often too, but this is a different topic.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like to see all toons on a certain shard be able to donate to the same clean-up point pool. Similar to dropping piles of gold into our bank box now and have them counted toward our total balance, I don't see why this should be any different.

Would love to see clean up rewards updated more often too, but this is a different topic.
This is exactly what I was getting at! :D

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One other thing that could be looked at with the clean up point conversion:

Make the Trash Cans take more than 400-500 stones (stones are the measurement of weight in UO). I was cleaning out my keep today, and the chest I had in my blue beetle was about 540+ stones in weight, the trash can wouldn't take it because it was over the capacity of weight the trash can could hold..

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One other thing that could be looked at with the clean up point conversion:

Make the Trash Cans take more than 400-500 stones (stones are the measurement of weight in UO). I was cleaning out my keep today, and the chest I had in my blue beetle was about 540+ stones in weight, the trash can wouldn't take it because it was over the capacity of weight the trash can could hold..
you can secure your trashcan and fit a bit more in it i believe, unless youve already done that......i cant remember what is the max on secure

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you can secure your trashcan and fit a bit more in it i believe, unless youve already done that......i cant remember what is the max on secure
Yes but then you have to stand about and pick your nose waiting for the (&(*&(*& thing to delete them. It needs a flush command to dump the stuff.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes you can.
Sometimes. If you recall away before it empties to another server or log out..... you more often than not do NOT get the points. So you have to stand about and twiddle your thumbs waiting on the freaking thing.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes. If you recall away before it empties to another server or log out..... you more often than not do NOT get the points. So you have to stand about and twiddle your thumbs waiting on the freaking thing.
you still get the points, it just happens at some random time on your next login, i see the message about cleanup points a lot when i log in the next day.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you still get the points, it just happens at some random time on your next login, i see the message about cleanup points a lot when i log in the next day.
Not any of the times I've looked. NO points were added.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Couldn't tell ya MalagAste, everytime i drop stuff in them and jet off i get the points at some random point later.
So do I , I NEVER hang around waiting for points, you get them at a random time later, always do.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I've gotten the notice at random times after logging out with stuff in the barrel.
Sometimes I get the notice... but the amount that it tells me is the same amount I had before I put stuff in.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a bug a while back that if you used the trashcan that's inside your house and you put the items into it in containers then it didn't give you points for those items, only items not in containers.
Dunno if this was ever fixed?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just tested this, I put 200 Valorite ingots into a bag and dropped them into my trashcan. i then went to lunaand logged out, logged in a few hours later and just played as normal. about 15 mins after logging in i got the below message.

2015-11-21.png

my point total was 78121 prior to logging out. MalagAste, if you are not getting your points, i think i'd contact a GM or Mesanna because you may not be getting your points correctly even when you wait.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I don't stand around and wait I don't get the points rewarded. If I leave I don't know why but even if it says I got X points the total is always the same. If I stand and wait for it to empty I get the points fine. But if I cross a server or log out... I don't and often won't even get a message.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I don't stand around and wait I don't get the points rewarded. If I leave I don't know why but even if it says I got X points the total is always the same. If I stand and wait for it to empty I get the points fine. But if I cross a server or log out... I don't and often won't even get a message.

I'd contact a GM or Mesanna then, your char appears to be bugged.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i just tested this, I put 200 Valorite ingots into a bag and dropped them into my trashcan. i then went to lunaand logged out, logged in a few hours later and just played as normal. about 15 mins after logging in i got the below message.

View attachment 39636

my point total was 78121 prior to logging out. MalagAste, if you are not getting your points, i think i'd contact a GM or Mesanna because you may not be getting your points correctly even when you wait.
Think I would've found something else to test trash beside valorite ingots

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you secure your trashcan, then the items you drop into it counts towards your total house item count until they get deleted.

Puts a crimp on your dumping spree if you are close to your house's limit.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, back to the original topic:

How do you guys feel about making Clean-Up points account wide? Where each character on the account can Add or Use the Clean-Up points.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i'm all for the account wide points sharing, I have no idea why it hasn't been done already.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I go for this myself....
Though I do have a few things I should point out that the Dev have said about this type of thing....
The points would only be on a shard by shard account basis... meaning all your characters who drop in junk would add up like the the money in your bank for 1 of your accounts characters to use... this is a good thing in my book
This would mean no two shards points would add up...sorry guys
But this does meld all the bits and clumps into one
This would be nice. IF the DEV ok'd it.
*Secondly
IF by any means the dev is gracious enough to do so....
Its not the dev's fault if you run over the limit.
*I too would love to see grass tiles an snow tiles on the choice menu ...i run out when i do a rebuild...nd its fustrating to look for more.