• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC... I Tried... I Cried.... I Quit

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC genuinely gives me a migrane and sore eyes, probably my bad eyesight but for the same reason i can't play other modern games...

plus the game even in CC is only a shadow of its former self pre AOS as it is and a lot of the reason why i play is nostalgia of the good old days! Classic Client is the only true UO

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been trying EC off and on . My main problem is that it makes my vision blurry after awhile. Only thing ive ever played in my life that did this to me. The best way I can explain it is that when I move in game there is a blur to objects (houses, trees , mobs). It feels like my eyes are trying to focus too hard to try to make them not blurry. Kinda like when your reading something small and your eyes squint and you move your head closer to it to try to make it focus. The side effect of this is head aches after about 45 min, and when I turn the game off every thing I look at is blurry for about 1 to 2 min until my eyes relax. Ive messed with the settings for hours trying to fix this. Ive managed to make it better but not good. Mostly by putting the frame rate to max.

This is a problem with this game only. My computer is new. I can run all new games out right now at max settings. . I do like the things you can do with macros and the targeting system. The fact that there is a world map. I like the grid view of packs. Is there a way to make the objects in the packs bigger. I can change the size of the pack but the items are so small I cant even tell what some of them are. Also why is my garg thrower as tall as the first floor of my house.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to make the objects in the packs bigger. I can change the size of the pack but the items are so small I cant even tell what some of them are. Also why is my garg thrower as tall as the first floor of my house.
Yup! Under Actions/"Other" there's a tool that can be dragged to a hotbar called "Toggle Scale Mode". If you click it it goes into a mode where you can change the size of most things with the mouse wheel, including backpacks (and everything in them), healthbars, your paper doll, hotbars, and others. Click it again to turn it off.

Without that feature I'd not be able to play EC. I started using EC to help some returning and new players in our guild who wanted to use it and found that after I got used to it I could do so much more with it with so much less effort. I do notice the blur on large monitors but I've gotten it set up where it doesn't bother me much anymore - took a while to get used to. The EC now feels so much less smooth after getting used to EC. I use EC almost exclusively and I'm a 218 month vet who hates change!

Good luck,

-P.E.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yup! Under Actions/"Other" there's a tool that can be dragged to a hotbar called "Toggle Scale Mode". If you click it it goes into a mode where you can change the size of most things with the mouse wheel, including backpacks (and everything in them), healthbars, your paper doll, hotbars, and others. Click it again to turn it off.

Without that feature I'd not be able to play EC. I started using EC to help some returning and new players in our guild who wanted to use it and found that after I got used to it I could do so much more with it with so much less effort. I do notice the blur on large monitors but I've gotten it set up where it doesn't bother me much anymore - took a while to get used to. The EC now feels so much less smooth after getting used to EC. I use EC almost exclusively and I'm a 218 month vet who hates change!

Good luck,

-P.E.
You're right.. it takes awhile to get used to it but once you do there is no going back. Won't play without it. I made myself get used to it when I found that it ran a lot better than 2d on my newer computer.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just need to figure out how to make bags stop popping up under my backpack I have locked into position. Bags I open from within my pack pop up under my pack. Corpses like to pop up over my healthbars in the upper left hand corner.

I also need to figure out how to get it to hold down and repeat instead of using the repeat option on the macro. Taming is fickle and I like to hold down my key instead of letting it repeat 10 times.

EDIT: Found the repeat option. Just need the bags.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'd like to say I'm a pretty well-rounded gamer. I play many games with many different UIs... and honestly I think I can "get the hang" of a client relatively quick. Shoot, I even customized my WoW interface and added some mods to ESO so I'm pretty savvy.

The first time I fired up the EC - it took my about 4 hours to figure out how to make macros... and FIND them.

Granted, a lot of us are sorta ingrained in our CC and luv it to death. Clicky - clicky and such. It makes sense to us because that is what we've been using since the "dark ages of mmo" and its become second nature to us. Switching to the EC mean rebuilding macros, learning the new macro system, tweaking your display properties, moving and locking them floating UI elements, tinkering around with more display settings, and ultimately getting used to the graphics display (which still gives me a migraine after about 15 minutes).

For the new kids coming into this - they almost EXPECT this kind of configuration stuff in their games!

My eldest son (who is now developing a game... sshhhh!!) actually said the UI for the EC is about spot on with "what is trending now in pc game interface".

meh

The more I see threads like this, the more I think there is a growing chasm between old-skool gamers like us that started with UO, and the new-kids who wanna have some sort of display for every little thing they can think of (stats, hits, cures, poisons, blah blah blah). Go watch some of the twinked out WoW videos.... you hardly even see the game world for all the things some people have floating around their screen! That, I'm told, is the trend.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also trying to use the new client and not able to make much headway. I've searched around but there doesn't seem to be a good website that you can look up what you are trying to adjust. Or a good index of features and how to use them.

I would have never guessed the turn off footsteps to stop the screen shake.

Someone mentioned that you can save profiles and bring them up on a new character so you don't have to set them up every single time. Is there a link to how to do this?

I've watched some of the videos, but it isn't searchable so you can find what you're trying to work on.

2 issues that I would love to get help on.
- How do you turn off or adjust the tool tips popping up for everything. It pops up "It's a door!" every single time you go to open one. Also, when you use ctrl+shift, you get every static object. I've tried to use the EC out hunting but have been flooded with static objects when I just want to see the corpses to the point where I've recalled out and switched clients.
- Rubberbanding! If I'm on a dexer, when I hit something on the run, I need to stop, take my hands off of everything, and wait until the client throws me back a square before it's safe to touch anything. Right next to the monster.

Artistically, is there a setting so everyone doesn't look crushed down and hunched over? I don't mean this in an old vs new client way, but it really looks like @ss. There is some artwork in the old client that's bad, but this is something that you have to deal with all the time.

I have used search, and poured through the options, but these are things that I haven't been able to magically guess. As far as UI design, does the dev team really take it as a given that people need to invest hours bit twiddling like this?

I wish they would do two enhancements to the old client. Make a bigger, high rez, quality art work sprite and tile set. Add loot sorting and loot picking options.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The only reason to use CC is CHEATING.
To use [redacted] and all other illegal progs you MUST use CC cause there is no version of that progs for EC.
EC got ability to built a lot of macros's what unable in CC and VERY usable but not illegal ( no autoheal....)
You are so very incorrect. I use CC because I cant stand EC and hot it operates and looks and many others share the same views.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am also trying to use the new client and not able to make much headway. I've searched around but there doesn't seem to be a good website that you can look up what you are trying to adjust. Or a good index of features and how to use them.

I would have never guessed the turn off footsteps to stop the screen shake.

Someone mentioned that you can save profiles and bring them up on a new character so you don't have to set them up every single time. Is there a link to how to do this?

I've watched some of the videos, but it isn't searchable so you can find what you're trying to work on.

2 issues that I would love to get help on.
- How do you turn off or adjust the tool tips popping up for everything. It pops up "It's a door!" every single time you go to open one. Also, when you use ctrl+shift, you get every static object. I've tried to use the EC out hunting but have been flooded with static objects when I just want to see the corpses to the point where I've recalled out and switched clients.
- Rubberbanding! If I'm on a dexer, when I hit something on the run, I need to stop, take my hands off of everything, and wait until the client throws me back a square before it's safe to touch anything. Right next to the monster.

Artistically, is there a setting so everyone doesn't look crushed down and hunched over? I don't mean this in an old vs new client way, but it really looks like @ss. There is some artwork in the old client that's bad, but this is something that you have to deal with all the time.

I have used search, and poured through the options, but these are things that I haven't been able to magically guess. As far as UI design, does the dev team really take it as a given that people need to invest hours bit twiddling like this?

I wish they would do two enhancements to the old client. Make a bigger, high rez, quality art work sprite and tile set. Add loot sorting and loot picking options.
@UOLAPlayer if you want to copy one template to another player it's rather easy though I don't know how to get to it on your computer I use windows 10 and it works somthing like this:

Go to File Explorer/This PC/Documents/EA Games/Ultima Online Styngian Abyss/User Data/(The account with the character you want to use should have a folder in here)/(Shard where the character you want to copy is... This is the one you have set up just like you like it)

On the old Win 7 etc:

Was in your Documents folder/EA Games/Ultima Onling Styngian Abyss/etc..... just like above

Ok once you locate the character file (by your characters name ie... "Steve") Simply right click on that file and copy it.... I usually then put a copy of that on my desktop and rename it to something like "Base Warrior Template" Or "Base Mage" ... Next go back to the list of accounts and chose the account you want to put the template into.... find the character you want to switch to your "Base" Template.... Paste the base template into here (be sure it's not named the same as any characters in that file) Rename the file of the character you want to have the new template (I usually rename it to say "Malag'aste1" just adding a 1 on the end) This way I know exactly how the characters name was.... now rename the "Base" Template file to your characters name without the 1 so "Malag'aste" .... now when you bring up UO and log in Malag'aste will be exactly like Steve...

Now you do have to go in and edit things like if you have a dress macro saved because Steve and Malag don't wear the same stuff. And you will have to reset weapon macros unless of course both characters use the exact same items.

But it's super quick.

I actually set up a "Base" by adjusting one of each character type to exactly what I wanted for the "basics" with X number of hotbars, a certain set of spells and such etc... and saved it.... it saves everything from your sound settings, to the size settings, where you put the paperdoll and everything.

Since i have well over 900 characters on all the shards being able to copy and paste in a base template is a lifesaver. I usually have to tweak them a wee bit but honestly not much.

I am willing and can help more if you want but I prefer to do it in a talk program like Ventrilo or something. We used to teach people on GLs how to use the EC... in our vent. And I'm still willing to do that if folk genuinely want to give the client a go.

Pretty much I just go through the User Options menu and explain everything in there and explain how it works and what each feature does... and how to use it or disable it. But I insist that anyone who wants to do that have the client and Pincos already downloaded and installed.

I will warn folk though that this can take hours But IMO well worth it.

As for the rubber banding I don't get that... you ought to just autorun around things.

As for all the male characters in their paperdoll looking like they are trying to take a squat... It's been complained about... ages and ages ago they "redid" the female template because we were up in arms about looking overly masculine.... now females just look very dike... at that time they promised to redo the male too but never did so now males still look like a later middle aged guy taking a dump in the woods with a bad case of dunlap. Which I find extremely annoying.... but what do you do?!

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks MalagAste! I'll give that a try. I had set up one char for item farming, but wanted to use another of the same type so this is a great example to try the base template idea out on.

I'll make sure the autorun is checked. I could have easily unchecked it when I was messing with the settings.

I don't have a voice chat program installed, but I might just get one installed and take you up on the offer. That sounds like a great way to smooth out the rough edges.

Any advice on getting rid of the annoying "IT'S A DOOR!" tooltip, but still being able to ctrl+shift to see corpses?

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made the mistake of trying to use EC for an event last night. I had a key set up for target nearest enemy. Boss popped, I hit my key, rising collosus gets targeted. Hit shift controle for bars and they are tiny tiny. Boss died quick so I didn't get a hit on it . Is there any way to set things where people's summons are not considered enemies in tram?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@UOLAPlayer I was going to direct you to Petra's Pages - she is a goddess when it comes to EC guides - but her work has apparently been moved elsewhere...

So I think, eventually, her guides and such will be found on the official UO wiki... ^.^

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are so very incorrect. I use CC because I cant stand EC and hot it operates and looks and many others share the same views.
I like a lot of the features in EC (even without Pinco's) but like many others I can't get past the graphics in EC. I know some people think that's odd as they think EC looks better but to me it looks like an alpha version of what EC was meant to be. If there was a toggle to make it look like the CC I would probably switch, but for me, CC + UOA work just fine for most things.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to say I'm a pretty well-rounded gamer. I play many games with many different UIs... and honestly I think I can "get the hang" of a client relatively quick. Shoot, I even customized my WoW interface and added some mods to ESO so I'm pretty savvy.

The first time I fired up the EC - it took my about 4 hours to figure out how to make macros... and FIND them.

Granted, a lot of us are sorta ingrained in our CC and luv it to death. Clicky - clicky and such. It makes sense to us because that is what we've been using since the "dark ages of mmo" and its become second nature to us. Switching to the EC mean rebuilding macros, learning the new macro system, tweaking your display properties, moving and locking them floating UI elements, tinkering around with more display settings, and ultimately getting used to the graphics display (which still gives me a migraine after about 15 minutes).

For the new kids coming into this - they almost EXPECT this kind of configuration stuff in their games!

My eldest son (who is now developing a game... sshhhh!!) actually said the UI for the EC is about spot on with "what is trending now in pc game interface".

meh

The more I see threads like this, the more I think there is a growing chasm between old-skool gamers like us that started with UO, and the new-kids who wanna have some sort of display for every little thing they can think of (stats, hits, cures, poisons, blah blah blah). Go watch some of the twinked out WoW videos.... you hardly even see the game world for all the things some people have floating around their screen! That, I'm told, is the trend.
Yeah, all of that seems excessive to me. I have both clients, but the extent of my EC use is just finding stuff in my pack if I can't in the CC. I have spell icons on my CC, but they're all organized, except for the new masteries (and only a few of them can be made into a macro anyway, like Death Ray.) In "program", I have macros for dismount, remount, chugging, and other stuff, which I love. I'm sure they're in the EC, but I have no idea where they are or how to create macros for them - I was looking a few minutes ago, but wasn't getting anywhere, so I logged out & went back to the CC.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Personally I would love it if that help popup just didn't exist.... Maybe instead have a question mark on the toolbar to look up a wiki like database but in game.... At least then you wouldn't be blasted with as much info...

But yeah i like EC w/ pinco's the best... otherwise the game is unplayable for my resolution (1920 x 1080) on 24 inch screen.

I only use the CC to try different things like if I keep crashing I can hope on CC and get out of that situation.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any advice on getting rid of the annoying "IT'S A DOOR!" tooltip, but still being able to ctrl+shift to see corpses?
On the default toolbar there is a button that looks like an open hand. Click on it and you can set object handle filters, including by keyword.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made the mistake of trying to use EC for an event last night. I had a key set up for target nearest enemy. Boss popped, I hit my key, rising collosus gets targeted. Hit shift controle for bars and they are tiny tiny. Boss died quick so I didn't get a hit on it . Is there any way to set things where people's summons are not considered enemies in tram?
Yes, User settings, Mobiles Bar, click what ones you want to show in your mobiles bar. So if you don't want to see 'summons' uncheck it etc. This is a really handy option to get familiar with, as it takes seconds to turn stuff on and off depending on what you are doing. At most EM events I uncheck everything accept Attackable, Enemy and Murderer. That way my mobile bar doesn't show summons, friends, other blues, animals etc.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time I've tried any client but the original I've regretted it immediately. I beta tested Third Dawn, I beta tested Kingdom Reborn (Got my beta code from the Town Hall in Bethesda, MD for being the one coming the furthest - spent more time on the road that day than off it), and I tried the """"Enhanced"""" Client several times between then and now.

There is one true client for UO.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Every time I've tried any client but the original I've regretted it immediately. I beta tested Third Dawn, I beta tested Kingdom Reborn (Got my beta code from the Town Hall in Bethesda, MD for being the one coming the furthest - spent more time on the road that day than off it), and I tried the """"Enhanced"""" Client several times between then and now.

There is one true client for UO.
If there is one true client, wouldn't be nice if they could fix it so we wouldn't need UO Assist to stand it?
I can say the same for the EC, though.
If they would spend more time fixing the clients instead of coming up with new stuff to distract us from the deficiencies in both UIs I think everybody would be happier.
Just saying

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is one true client, wouldn't be nice if they could fix it so we wouldn't need UO Assist to stand it?
I can say the same for the EC, though.
If they would spend more time fixing the clients instead of coming up with new stuff to distract us from the deficiencies in both UIs I think everybody would be happier.
Just saying
Some people will never be happy, no matter what you do. Just saying.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't doubt that, but basic game features should always be first priority if I we ever to invite anybody to check out UO.
"Oh, yeah, you not only have to download one of these clients, but you also have to download all these helper clients and then fiddle with a bunch of arcane settings to get anything to work right."
There's no way I would go through that to play a game if I weren't already invested in it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't doubt that, but basic game features should always be first priority if I we ever to invite anybody to check out UO.
"Oh, yeah, you not only have to download one of these clients, but you also have to download all these helper clients and then fiddle with a bunch of arcane settings to get anything to work right."
There's no way I would go through that to play a game if I weren't already invested in it.
Sadly this is true... and top that off with the fact that you have to purchase UOSA, and then if you want to join in pirate adventures add on High Seas, if you need more storage 7th character slot and increased storage, if you want to use a garden bed or make some of the craftable or use certain tile sets and stuff there are 2 more expansions..... if you want to have the paintings for that stuff then there is the Kings Collection a bunch of folk still can't even buy because it's not on their Origin Store.... etc... and all that adds up and folk really don't want that. Plus the fee per month.... It's no wonder new and returning players say F* this....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly this is true... and top that off with the fact that you have to purchase UOSA, and then if you want to join in pirate adventures add on High Seas, if you need more storage 7th character slot and increased storage, if you want to use a garden bed or make some of the craftable or use certain tile sets and stuff there are 2 more expansions..... if you want to have the paintings for that stuff then there is the Kings Collection a bunch of folk still can't even buy because it's not on their Origin Store.... etc... and all that adds up and folk really don't want that. Plus the fee per month.... It's no wonder new and returning players say F* this....
There is so much truth here. We have gotten so mentally conditioned to put up with and accept any and all things that are tossed at us. The sundial was the exception to the rule...so many complained so vocally that they did change it. but that isn't the norm. I for one appreciate the effort put into Time of Legends, but I wouldnt have purchased it. As best as I can tell, it's just a champ spawn (or two, yeah). From here to next anniversary, I hope they spend their time fixing things, tweaking and adjusting the systems already ingame (harvest all button, anyone?)

Yeah, if you intend to get a new player ingame, and keep him there, you're gonna have to sell him the full monte right up front, and for a reasonable price...NOT all of them added together

Heck, if you did that, and charged, say, $20 for it, I would buy some so I could upgrade all my accounts in one fell swoop...without nickel and diming myself to death for a bit here, a piece there, etc.

Sorry for being off-topic, old rednecks tend to scattershoot a lot.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While we're on the subject of EC (with Pinco's), can somebody give me a tip on how to scoop up gold quicker at the end of a champ spawn? I'm always too slow

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While we're on the subject of EC (with Pinco's), can somebody give me a tip on how to scoop up gold quicker at the end of a champ spawn? I'm always too slow
In the Tools menu the one with the little wrench and screwdriver in the Options section is a checkbox for Scavenge all.... Make sure you have your object handles on dynamic and just hold down ctrl+shift... You will vacuum up all the gold fairly quickly.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the Tools menu the one with the little wrench and screwdriver in the Options section is a checkbox for Scavenge all.... Make sure you have your object handles on dynamic and just hold down ctrl+shift... You will vacuum up all the gold fairly quickly.
Sorry for a dumb question, but where do I find a tools menu the one with the little wrench and screwdriver? I know how to get to the agent settings menu, but I am not finding what you mentioned.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry for a dumb question, but where do I find a tools menu the one with the little wrench and screwdriver? I know how to get to the agent settings menu, but I am not finding what you mentioned.
Also tried setting up a scavenger agent. Specified a bag. Added a gold pile to types. And it does absolutely nothing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also tried setting up a scavenger agent. Specified a bag. Added a gold pile to types. And it does absolutely nothing.
First off the User Settings Menu (Which is the little wrench and Screwdriver if it isn't on your main toolbar that Pinco's gives you is also in the default UI on the prebuilt toolbar as well, if you deleted the little wrench and screwdriver you can get it back again by using the actions button it's under Menu Actions) but can also be accessed by hitting escape and looking for User Settings. In there you'll find the Options tab... if you scroll quite a ways down you'll find Game Options heading Scavenge All is a checkbox in there. Just check the box and apply.

However you need to be sure that if you try using the scavenger agent or the Scavenge all that you have the Object Handles set to Dynamic Objects. Not corpse or Mobiles or anything just dynamic Objects. While it might work with the Items only setting it won't work with Corpse since it needs the object handle to show to pick things up.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However you need to be sure that if you try using the scavenger agent or the Scavenge all that you have the Object Handles set to Dynamic Objects. Not corpse or Mobiles or anything just dynamic Objects. While it might work with the Items only setting it won't work with Corpse since it needs the object handle to show to pick things up.
Thank you, that helped.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the default EC, if you use the "Scavenger Agent" and set it to gold, it does work with the "Items Only" object handle.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So no wonder I wasn't getting anything. I laid down a bunch of gold piles on the floor of my house and tried out - just like a vacuum cleaner :)
It's not one of the default icons, but it's the first one I always add to the main hot bar. You have to click on actions, turn pages to menu options and drag user settings into a hot bar spot, if I'm remembering right
The scavenge all option is a box you click under options (Edit: options under Settings)

Last edited:

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I followed the directions to copy character templates between characters, but it didn't bring over the Pinco Finders Keepers Items, which is what I really didn't want to have to set up twice. I looked in the folders that I could find, but no luck on how it is stored and how to copy it between characters. Any help on this would be appreciated. Setting up the Finders Keepers items is really what is drawing me to use the EC but having to hand craft the list for every single character works against using it. Thanks for the help you guys.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I followed the directions to copy character templates between characters, but it didn't bring over the Pinco Finders Keepers Items, which is what I really didn't want to have to set up twice. I looked in the folders that I could find, but no luck on how it is stored and how to copy it between characters. Any help on this would be appreciated. Setting up the Finders Keepers items is really what is drawing me to use the EC but having to hand craft the list for every single character works against using it. Thanks for the help you guys.
Never really used that but you might try asking Pinco directly via his website.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I can testify to the fact that you can play quite well with the default EC UI. Pinco was part of the team that rebuilt the EC interface. I like to call it "pinco's lite". Very useful and hardly ever needs attention.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I mostly play with the default EC interface, in fact. I only use Pinco for t-hunting (right click loot on chests) and for gathering seeds and resources from my 25 raised garden beds.
So yeah, the default EC interface is very playable in the current state.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the icons and layout in Pinco's are much sharper, but the first thing I do when creating a character is disable many of the extra features that aren't included in the default EC (new item property layout, item property caps, container type icons, advanced crafting menu), all which clutter up the screen when hunting and slow down crafting
Also, on the EC I don't see an option to change the font size or color in the chat window or to erase the chat window - are they options?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
EC is so much easier than CC. Yeah sure, the firs ttime you load it up, you have to play around with the placement of various bars on your screen so that you can properly get the hub set up the way you want, but it's not that hard. If you're not going to invest 15-20 minutes into set up, then you're probably not prepped to invest the time into CC either.

There is no reason what so ever that new or returning players should go to an out-dated and overly complicated CC client that requires third party programs to run basic functions that the EC has.

Just like with anything in this game, a new or returning player isn't going to pick it up 1, 2, 3. There is a big learning curve with this game, and that goes beyond just the choice of client. I feel bad for ANY new or returning player who comes here to play and has no direction. It is very short-sighted to say that this is a problem related to choosing EC or CC, this is an overall issue with the game and there is simply no easy fix to it.
I've been messing with it more. I highly doubt I'll switch but it's not as crazy to me anymore. At least I figured out how to log out without using task manager, lol. Comes in handy when someone that plays EC dumps all their stuff in the corner of their vendor. I can't actually buy that stuff now.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've been messing with it more. I highly doubt I'll switch but it's not as crazy to me anymore. At least I figured out how to log out without using task manager, lol. Comes in handy when someone that play EC dumps all their stuff in the corner of their vendor. I can't actually buy that stuff now.
For what it's worth, I try to sort my vendor for potential CC buyers now so that the items are a little spread out, so I feel your pain there. There has got to be a better solution for that issue.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For what it's worth, I try to sort my vendor for potential CC buyers now so that the items are a little spread out, so I feel your pain there. There has got to be a better solution for that issue.

Myself, I wish all the vendor owners using EC would add an EC to the end of the vendors name so us CC users would know not to waste our time opening the vendors pack...