• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 to Origin & Izumo

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the jester shoes...and sort of like the chef's toque, even though its in the wrong perspective...

The dresses are...uhm...interesting.
Jester shoes are toooooo big..... as far as the rest goes it's horrible and out of place.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just saw the splash screen and immediately felt like I was back to the old days of 320x200 256 colours VGA graphics.
It can't get more 90s than that.
I get that. I can't tell you how many times I've played Might and Might 6-9.
This is a town from MM6 - I still find something charming about the graphics.
MM6.jpg
Remember those wasps that had little shields and swords, many in MM8? I couldn't find a pic of of those, but they were hilarious but somehow believable.
It's pretty subjective what comes across as classy nostalgic and what comes across as cartoonish, I guess. Whatever lets you forget it's not real and immerses you in the environment. Of course the music also had a whole lot to do with Might and Magic's immersiveness - as was the case with Skyrim and Witcher - and sadly you don't have that in UO.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get that. I can't tell you how many times I've played Might and Might 6-9.
This is a town from MM6 - I still find something charming about the graphics.
View attachment 37300
Remember those wasps that had little shields and swords, many in MM8? I couldn't find a pic of of those, but they were hilarious but somehow believable.
It's pretty subjective what comes across as classy nostalgic and what comes across as cartoonish, I guess. Whatever lets you forget it's not real and immerses you in the environment. Of course the music also had a whole lot to do with Might and Magic's immersiveness - as was the case with Skyrim and Witcher - and sadly you don't have that in UO.
Yep, loved the M&M series (before Ubisoft got ahold of it). My favorite was M&M VIII: Day of the Destroyer. Those Wasp Warriors were definitely funny looking, but their nest was a pain in the ass to navigate (due to the Jump spell not giving as much height as Jump scrolls). M&M 8 also had Dragon Turtles in it, and even Dragon Turtle Hatchlings, so i expected the Dragon Turtle Hatchlings in UO to look somewhat more like them.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix

I know this has been asked before but I will inquire again.

New Crafting Recipes

• This feature requires the Time of Legends expansion entitlement. This entitlement will be applied for free to all accounts active during August, September, or October 2015.
  • New crafting recipes are available that will allow tailors to craft the following. These recipes drop as loot from creatures in the Valley of Eodon and are placed in the player’s backpack. Luck increases the chance at receiving a recipe.
Is there another way to obtain the recipes, like a heartwood quest or something ??
I have been killing random Eodon creatures for days and many hours with alotta Luck on and No Luck getting anything!
Is this working as intended?..if so, maybe a little tweeking in the drop rate would be awesome!:)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol just noticed the splash screen after reading.... yep land before time did it better.
land before time.jpg

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix

I know this has been asked before but I will inquire again.

New Crafting Recipes

• This feature requires the Time of Legends expansion entitlement. This entitlement will be applied for free to all accounts active during August, September, or October 2015.
  • New crafting recipes are available that will allow tailors to craft the following. These recipes drop as loot from creatures in the Valley of Eodon and are placed in the player’s backpack. Luck increases the chance at receiving a recipe.
Is there another way to obtain the recipes, like a heartwood quest or something ??
I have been killing random Eodon creatures for days and many hours with alotta Luck on and No Luck getting anything!
Is this working as intended?..if so, maybe a little tweeking in the drop rate would be awesome!:)
I believe it was stated in a post or a comment by one of the devs that the recipe drops were not active yet. and as for other places I have not heard anything

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe it was stated in a post or a comment by one of the devs that the recipe drops were not active yet. and as for other places I have not heard anything
Podolak says they are:
I got a checkered skirt recipe while doing the turtle champ. It appeared in my pack while fighting the spawn.
Would be kind of silly to send a publish to Origin/Izumo with random stuff not turned on. Not that there isn't past precedent...

It sounds like the drop rate needs to be drastically increased, especially for the non-armor items.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dot is correct, I took a screenie in case I mis-understood what we are talking about though:

It isn't exactly common. It was on my sixth or seventh time doing the dragon turtle so that is a ton of stuff killed before I got it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah the way to get the recipe scrolls needs to be changed I think.

So..my poor little crafter just wants to make a dress.....why do I have to spend hours upon hours killing dinosaurs for that? :(

And I've been doing just that....and tigers....with luck...and no luck! lol

*sighs*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the way to get the recipe scrolls needs to be changed I think.

So..my poor little crafter just wants to make a dress.....why do I have to spend hours upon hours killing dinosaurs for that? :(

And I've been doing just that....and tigers....with luck...and no luck! lol

*sighs*
TIme to grind, sister!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TIme to grind, sister!
I finally got one! The Tiger Pelt Collar! WOOHOO!

*sighs*

My guildies have gotten them killing tigers as well...I feel bad killing tigers! But the pelts are just so pretty ;)

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix regarding trading money via trade window.
Can we have it say what was withdrawn or deposited so it reassures you that the transfer has taken place.
Totally agree with you. :)
I purchased something earlier from another player and I "presume" he got the agreed upon monies.
Athough nothing was stated in journal that funds were withdrawn from my account.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to enter the dragon turtle champion spawn area on TC (to get the locations for the map markers), and I've just noticed that the client goes totally nuts after entering the cave...
Basically it's like if EC doesn't support that area at all, the ground do not exist, the map is stuck and won't recognize the place, and you just get lost in the void, so: DO NOT ENTER with EC in the area!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was trying to enter the dragon turtle champion spawn area on TC (to get the locations for the map markers), and I've just noticed that the client goes totally nuts after entering the cave...
Basically it's like if EC doesn't support that area at all, the ground do not exist, the map is stuck and won't recognize the place, and you just get lost in the void, so: DO NOT ENTER with EC in the area!
Is that in Fel Pinco? I haven't tried going there in Fel yet.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
upload_2015-10-7_23-20-24.png

WOW is that a lot of work!!! Something looted my bandies so we had to kill Anon without it.

4 of us went in....2 artifacts dropped.
The robe and the obi.

Not sure if it's worth all that work but it was fun...and a great experience.

Took some screenshots...will try to write up some kind of guide for it :)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This issue with the Felucca Dragon Turtle terrain in the EC is exclusive to Test Center.

I also went to the Felucca Dragon Turtle on Origin, and the area worked fine in the EC.

So I guess that the map is simply outdated on TC...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This issue with the Felucca Dragon Turtle terrain in the EC is exclusive to Test Center.

I also went to the Felucca Dragon Turtle on Origin, and the area worked fine in the EC.

good to know, I have to try to ghost sneak in there in another shard then :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I tried on Origin now, and you can enter the small corridor, but you can't get back to Destard and on the map the area is unnamed and unrecognized, so there is some kind of problem here afterall :/