• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 to Origin & Izumo

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are excited for the Origin & Izumo release of the Time of Legends! You will need to patch your client to the latest version to log in to the game. We’ll also be updating TC1 to the latest version. If you have any feedback please send it to [email protected]. We will be pushing this afternoon so expect Origin, Izumo, and TC1 to go down for a short period. Please keep in mind that until Publish 90 is deployed world wide character transfers on Origin and Izumo are limited to only those two shards. Character transfers between all other shards will function as expected. […]

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The Animal Taming mastery title has been changed to “The Beastmaster.”

THANK YOU! :) I did not want to be Maharia the Beast :'/ lol

Added a copy of the Dragon Turtle Champ spawn to Felucca. The Champ Spawn can be accessed via the Ancient Wyrm’s nest in Destard. The Time of Legends entitlement is required to access the Champ Spawn.

Again, thank you....glad you added this to Fel :)

Can't wait to start testing :)

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh what. I was so looking forward to "Lowell the Beast" title :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hawkwind is not talking :/ Is he broken?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay he talks to everyone but me...and some people are not able to get into the valley.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix , ya'll mentioned at a meet and greet that Fey Slayer was slated to be imbuable in Pub 90, has this been bumped since Pub 90 became the expansion? (not that there isn't enough other awesome new stuff to play with!)

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix Would it be possible to get a healer/ankh or something a safe distance away from the dragon turtle champ area?
Oh and will the Dragon turtle have better loot? As it is now, although shared, you get a few gold and 1 piece of armor:(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Could you add masonry tools to more NPCs? They are pretty much constantly sold out and are likely to remain so for the foreseeable future on all the shards with a decent population. (let's not have a repeat of the saltpeter fiasco!)

Better yet, make them craftable!

And I'd like to know where Fey slayer is on the Imbuing menu :cursing:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix: "Players who are not involved in Vice vs. Virtue will not receive champ spawns in Felucca as an objective in the Mastery Quest." Is this true for individual guilded characters that have not elected to join VvV, even if someone else in the same guild with that character belong to VvV?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fey Slayer should be such a piece of cake to add to the menu, why isn't it there already?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fey Slayer should be such a piece of cake to add to the menu, why isn't it there already?
Adding Fey Slayer to the imbuing menu, would cheapen the value of Artifacts like the Defiler of Virtue, Ironwood Composite Bow, Wind of Corruption, and the Pixie Swatter. Those artifacts would cease to be used if Fey Slayer was imbuable.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragon Turtle Loot= Broke, We did one and everyone got 1 piece of armor and roughly 180 gold on corpse

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ya, I mentioned that in an earlier post about the Dragon Turtle loot ..or lack of loot that is:confused:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding Fey Slayer to the imbuing menu, would cheapen the value of Artifacts like the Defiler of Virtue, Ironwood Composite Bow, Wind of Corruption, and the Pixie Swatter. Those artifacts would cease to be used if Fey Slayer was imbuable.
They're also all kind of terrible, anyway.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loot from another Dragon Turtle Champ Spawn (this is once it went public, solo it had 1 item and gold)
Screenshot - 9_29_2015 , 11_02_07 PM.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're also all kind of terrible, anyway.
The Defiler of Virtue is actually pretty useful, especially on a Whammy/Sampire. Corpse Skin the victim, and spam Double Strikes or AIs, drops Lord Oaks like a rock. Good for farming Cu Sidhe colors too. Between Pixie Swatter for first and second level of Oaks spawn, and Defiler of Virtue for third and fourth level of spawn, as well as Oaks and Silvani, those two weapons are actually fairly useful.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Time of Legends splash screen is a bit too "cartoony"... it doesn't impact gameplay but it's the first thing that new and returning players will see.

But he gets it done quickly you aren't supposed to care about the quality.... it's the quantity.

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fey Slayer..., yes just add it to Imbuing, doesn't hurt anyone in any way when we already have almost full lineup of slayers in imbuing (and those special slayers found on talismans. Bear/Flame/Ice, etc.).

You know what... I asked at a M&G a few months back that Velocity should be imbue-able on throwing weapons too because it can be imbued on bows. Mesanna said there's no reason not to do it, a positive answer, but it didn't happen yet.
I guess Imbuing menu might be a sensitive part of the code so they don't want to touch it but I don't know...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Time of Legends splash screen is a bit too "cartoony"... it doesn't impact gameplay but it's the first thing that new and returning players will see.
I made a post about the login screen but they soon buried it in Off topic rant section.........
How its 'off topic' at the moment I have no idea, but I get the feeling nothing will be done about it so they just want it to go away.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could not get Hawkwind to give me a mastery quest until i cancelled the solen quest I was on , via my context menue.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could not get Hawkwind to give me a mastery quest until i cancelled the solen quest I was on , via my context menue.
This is "expected", since Hawkwind's quest is using the old (pre-Mondain's Legacy) quest engine which allowed only one active quest at a time.
The real question is - why did they use the old engine instead of the new ML quest engine? o_O

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The QUESTION is - does quest reward applied to char who did quest or reward is item useable on other chars and allowed to trade?

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree with your post. Its just it happened to other ppl around me as well, and they were surprised so I checked if it was the issue and posted here . ;)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone find out yet what drops the clothing recipies? It cant be the turtle drag spawn but I didnt get any from the tribal ppl eighter.. I just lost karma..were I just unlucky or are there some other place I didnt fins yet?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is "expected", since Hawkwind's quest is using the old (pre-Mondain's Legacy) quest engine which allowed only one active quest at a time.
The real question is - why did they use the old engine instead of the new ML quest engine? o_O
We've all been wondering that... and why don't they go back and fix all quests so that they are all using the same system instead of having 3 different questing systems. Which IMO is confusing as all get out for many new and returning players.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Has anyone find out yet what drops the clothing recipies? It cant be the turtle drag spawn but I didnt get any from the tribal ppl eighter.. I just lost karma..were I just unlucky or are there some other place I didnt fins yet?
The Herald reads :
New Crafting Recipes
  • This feature requires the Time of Legends expansion entitlement. This entitlement will be applied for free to all accounts active during August, September, or October 2015.
  • New crafting recipes are available that will allow tailors to craft the following. These recipes drop as loot from creatures in the Valley of Eodon and are placed in the player’s backpack. Luck increases the chance at receiving a recipe.
I killed creatures and tribesmen well over an hour and did not receive any recipes in my pack.
Come to think of it, I also did not see any of the new Aloron’s Armor in any of the loot...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
got the aloron legs while doing turtle champ, no recipes yet. better to be rare than give out like candy and make worthless in a month or so.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just a side note, for those of you visiting Origin to test the content and are in need of a rune library, there is one amazing one here, thanks to AV

upload_2015-9-30_17-31-18.png

And gratz Lord Arm, I have yet to do that spawn, was there though to see it die...I giggled a little bit...looks funny when it dies.

Anyone get a dragon turtle egg yet? I am really wanting one of those! :)

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a side note, for those of you visiting Origin to test the content and are in need of a rune library, there is one amazing one here, thanks to AV

View attachment 37215

And gratz Lord Arm, I have yet to do that spawn, was there though to see it die...I giggled a little bit...looks funny when it dies.

Anyone get a dragon turtle egg yet? I am really wanting one of those! :)
i have recieved 2 eggs so far. drop rate not to rare. personally i think it needs to be turned down more

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New recipes should be a rare reward of a new quest that crafters can do. They shouldn't be a rare drop from mobs in Eodon (crafters can't fight dinosaur.)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I'm awful for not testing but are there any new housing? Is there a loyalty requirement like TerMur?

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this how one announces release of new expanion?oO I'd expect some more hype..
I'm not expecting or hoping for some major full page adds in NY Times, Origin front page, major gaming site banners..
But it'd at least be nice to see mention of this on game's launcher? More bells and whistles on UO.com?? Anything? Anywhere?

Who the heck releases new expansion on live shards and and just settles on calling it " publish 90" :O
Call it MOST AWESOME THING UO HAS SEEN IN 8 YEARS instead. (no matter how true or untrue.)

ps I still have no clue if I should see something new or different on Europa or not.

Besides new expansion not being really visible there, I gotta say the new Uo.com looks really awesome. Pure class.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have recieved 2 eggs so far. drop rate not to rare. personally i think it needs to be turned down more
No. Dragon Turtle Hatchlings are meant to be an event-friendly alternative to Greater Dragons (no huge bodies and wings blocking view). They have the exact same Stat/Resist/Skill range as a Greater Dragon, meaning a wildly differing range. Due to the method of acquiring Dragon Turtle Hatchlings, getting a good "rating" one is already much harder than getting a good rating GD. If you make them any harder to get, noone will use them, people will instead just farm out a 4.3+ rating GD to tame.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No. Dragon Turtle Hatchlings are meant to be an event-friendly alternative to Greater Dragons (no huge bodies and wings blocking view). They have the exact same Stat/Resist/Skill range as a Greater Dragon, meaning a wildly differing range. Due to the method of acquiring Dragon Turtle Hatchlings, getting a good "rating" one is already much harder than getting a good rating GD. If you make them any harder to get, noone will use them, people will instead just farm out a 4.3+ rating GD to tame.
THIS^^^

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If anything, make them hatch with higher than average stats to curb player disappointment. i.e. Keep the same caps on them, but drastically increase the likelihood of them starting with what most plats deem "useable" stats.

Remember how annoying it was/is to break a vollem out of the crystal only to find it is pathetic.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just saw the splash screen and immediately felt like I was back to the old days of 320x200 256 colours VGA graphics.
It can't get more 90s than that.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sooo.. has anyone found a clothing/armor recipe scroll yet? o_O