• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First UO Newsletter!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was wondering about that after their MMORPG interview where they mentioned the new lands were going to be a gift to players. Glad to see I read right and it will be a free expansion if we've paid our subs. Whoohoo.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Totally!

For those of you who haven't signed up for it:

upload_2015-7-30_10-59-57.png

I think those might be the new dinosaurs???
upload_2015-7-30_11-0-42.png

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooh I see "Player Wiki" in the picture. Is this the same as what Stratics have planned?

Also no mention of the account management, is this coming with the new website I wonder.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears that those of us who pay by game time code are being left out and will have to pay for the expansion. Currently my accounts are active, but i dont pay via subscription, but rather by game time codes.
Good question. I'm assuming "active" accounts will get it free. If paid for by game time code or credit card shouldn't matter. I removed all my card details after seeing so many posts on here about people having issues, being hacked with all that Fifa stuff so I swapped to gametime codes and have had zero problems since doing this.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooh I see "Player Wiki" in the picture. Is this the same as what Stratics have planned?
Yeah, I saw this as well. A single wiki on the game's main site sounds like a good idea.

There are many complaints about having to go to Stratics or UOGuide for info, instead of UO.com. This seems like a decent way to keep substantial and updated game info in a location which is blatantly visible to players.

However, having a wiki means having all the problems of a wiki as well.

I'm thinking of all the players rage quiting and deleting wiki pages (is Rage-Del a thing?), or the PvP chat channel nonsense making it's way to the wiki. How much dev time and money will need to be spent keeping the wiki "clean", or previewing articles before posting?

Here's to hoping the team has taken a lot of this stuff into consideration.....and has a plan to deal with it in a manner UO's finances can sustain.

Last edited:

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i realize wording is not one of Mesanna's strong points, so am a little confused as to who will get the free expansion.

It appears that those of us who pay by game time code are being left out and will have to pay for the expansion. Currently my accounts are active, but i dont pay via subscription, but rather by game time codes.
Smoot what part of "If you have an active subscription" did you not understand? I am sorry this is confusing for you but let me try to clear this up. EVERYONE that has an active account, or re activates their account or even starts a new account during August, September and October will get the Time of Legends expansion. We are not leaving anyone out. If you have not opened your account by the end of October you will have to purchase the expansion at that time.

Hope this clears it up for you and anyone else.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How do we sign up for this newsletter? I haven't logged into game yet today so this may be a moot point (whatever that is) but thanks in advance for any response.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do we sign up for this newsletter? I haven't logged into game yet today so this may be a moot point (whatever that is) but thanks in advance for any response.
Go to UO.com and put your email address in the box at the top that says "Join our newsletter today!"

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, those are fairly good news, specially considering the history of expansions not being available here in the Brazil store.
It will save me a fair bit of headache and frustration.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird. I leave the cinema having finally just watched Jurassic World and the first email I check shows dinosaurs in UO!

I am so excited for this update. Plesantly suprised it's free.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing that means that the expansion will be out at the end of October or sometime in November . This makes me happy.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Read people....

upload_2015-7-30_11-49-57.png

I was figuring around Christmas so I'm happy that it's coming sooner!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HAAA HAA..haa..ha....*sighs*

I use lightshot to take screenshots and paste them right into the forums, I'm arrow-happy sorry! :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything planned in this new expansion that affects Castles?
ie, is it safe for us to sell now or will we really regret it if we sold a castle come September?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smoot what part of "If you have an active subscription" did you not understand? I am sorry this is confusing for you but let me try to clear this up. EVERYONE that has an active account, or re activates their account or even starts a new account during August, September and October will get the Time of Legends expansion. We are not leaving anyone out. If you have not opened your account by the end of October you will have to purchase the expansion at that time.

Thankyou it was cleared up so quickly. I was a little confused because when i added a subscription,was not sure if it would work, because the subscription would not activate until 2016, and before i added the sub, i had no subscription at all, only game time codes.

sub.png

i apologize that im a little paranoid i know and dont like to assume things, also wanted to make sure i was not going to miss out.

A Big thanks to Broadsword for the gift :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

This could have been handled better.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very cool. The new website looks great and the free upgrade is very impressive. Out of curiosity is the new 'new player experience' going to be a part of the expansion, or will that be in a future update?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I applaud the decision to make the expansion a gift, it is quite a present as most players would certainly have paid for it. I criticize as much as many but credit where it is due, this is both unexpected and magnanimous. My thanks to all concerned.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Also, why doesn't a trial account qualify as a new account for the "Stygian Abyss + 30 Days" code? That seems kinda weird. I could easily see some new/returning person on a trial buying that thinking it was just what they needed.

Also:
Skill Mastery System, 16 skills with more than 35 new spells & abilities
16 NEW SKILLS?! WHAAAAAAT

AND ITS FREEEEEE

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not really. I was wondering WTF Smoot was on about myself.
if one of my supervisors would have responded to someone as she did we would be having a chat. ( i do not work in retail or food services)

She is a producer and a representative of broadsword; take your pick and should be able to address comments constructively.

It is not the first time she's addressed players in the same manner.

It's easy to be offended by little comments such as Smoots quip about wording, but a person in her position should be able to address that without stooping to that level.

But then again, maybe my standards are a bit higher.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
if one of my supervisors would have responded to someone as she did we would be having a chat. ( i do not work in retail or food services)

She is a producer and a representative of broadsword; take your pick and should be able to address comments constructively.

It's easy to be offended by little comments such as Smoots quip about wording, but a person in her position should be able to address that without stooping to that level.

Nobody cares.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good response to Smoots dumbness.
i did not take offense at Mesannas post used to clarify, but DO TAKE OFFENSE TO YOU CALLING ME DUMB SOLUS

I am very offended now because of Promathias rudeness, and will try to seek comfort and solace in the fact that i can rest assured and sleep well tonight knowing my free UO expansion is on its way even tho i didnt have a subscription but just had game time codes.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just hope the housing tile sets come more complete than the Gothic and Rustic ones.

And I'm happy that it will be free! :thumbup::thumbup:

Zeph Wightfyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the newsletter, team. Please keep it up! The website looks great, can't wait for it. Time of Legends sounds awesome -- a new land to explore is always fun, but I really think that expanding on the skills we have is absolutely the right move and I hope that future updates will be in the same vein.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oreo get with the program....
What we needed to see was content and the message not a Wordsmith's ideal Address and syntax....
She is the lead producer, and can word her messages for the common person to understand... now remember If you want Harvard Law Speak go somewhere else......

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What we needed to see was content and the message not a Wordsmith's ideal Address and syntax....
She is the lead producer, and can word her messages for the common person to understand... now remember If you want Harvard Law Speak go somewhere else......
This is not the scenario, she was not making it plain or "dumbing" it down.

It was unprofessional and I would expect more from anyone.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
exactly why she needs a PR person. This isnt the first outcry of her abusing her customer base. If she isnt happy dealing with the customer base she works for/with she should move on or let someone else at least handle the public messages.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And if one of my supervisors talked to people the way people talk to Mesanna I would kick their dumb ass out the door. With the way Smoot was going on she was totally right. You question people in public you get reprimanded in public.