• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm going to take down the NEW2 Guild

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn that is bad, then we need Devs to help us. I see 2 ways, changes it so Britain is not a VvV town or changes it so new chars can choose Vesper.

I see it is a problem, when it comes to Britain but we do have a lot non VvV town, and some of them are great towns.
I do believe VvV is good for Siege, it gives players a way to PvP without going red and it do help find fights. Maybe there are a few issues with VvV, that need a fix. I did not see any of my guildmembers complain about VvV.

If VvV make less players play Siege, we should have a debate about it but I don't think that's the case. I do believe a lot refuse to logon Siege to trade gifts but they do not play here anyway, so no big deal.
or maybe give siege players the option to opt out of VvV on the character menu you get the siege blessed.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Who treated you so badly that you dislike all the veteran players on the shard?
Nobody, I've just never seen positive things from the Vets who claim to help Noobs.

I think people have different ideas about how to "help" new players, or even better, keep them on the shard.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
NEW2 was poorly managed and led, there's a difference between a guild surviving and a guild thriving. We don't need to hold back on the truth here. Freja tried, but failed. One of the huge failures of NEW2 was the "kick out of guild after 1 month" policy. That was just dumb. To really last on Siege, a new player needs a full year or two. They're not going to get a real taste of things around here, after only a month.
That rules did not changes sinse I started first NEW guild back in year 2002?
The rules was, they could not show the tag after first month as the reds wanted their target back. They could hang out in NEW and NEW2 until they found a guild, just not showing the tag.

Why play on Siege if you can't handle getting killed after a month?

Plus, as everybody knows by now, I have absolutely no faith in the Veteran players with regard to new players. I don't see the Vets "helping" new players one bit. I think that new players are the best support for other new players. I only see Veterans keeping new players down, and furthermore, excluding them from the shard. I bet that if it were up to the Vet players, then they'd let this shard sink, rather than choose to swim.
Maybe that's because you are a perm noob, who will never be a vet :p
If the vets here don't like you, you may have to ask yourself why. Your attitude need alot of work.
An old word say, smile to the world and the world will smile to you. As Katt told you, respect is earned, not something you can take for granted.
Maybe your problem with the vets are, we do have alot respect and you do have so hard with gain respect.

Just go on trying to slap me, you should have learned by now, it hit yourself as a boomerang and you the one, who get hurt.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That rules did not changes sinse I started first NEW guild back in year 2002?
The rules was, they could not show the tag after first month as the reds wanted their target back. They could hang out in NEW and NEW2 until they found a guild, just not showing the tag.

Why play on Siege if you can't handle getting killed after a month?

Maybe that's because you are a perm noob, who will never be a vet :p
If the vets here don't like you, you may have to ask yourself why. Your attitude need alot of work.
An old word say, smile to the world and the world will smile to you. As Katt told you, respect is earned, not something you can take for granted.
Maybe your problem with the vets are, we do have alot respect and you do have so hard with gain respect.

Just go on trying to slap me, you should have learned by now, it hit yourself as a boomerang and you the one, who get hurt.
I appreciate you giving me a perfect example of the complete retardedness that comes out of Vets around here.

You (all you vets) don't own the shard. If all of you left and logged out for good tomorrow, nobody would miss you. And the shard would probably grow and have a lot more fun as well.

And you just proved to me that you are selfish and never actually had intentions of "helping" others. The rules of NEW didn't change for 10 years??? Maybe THAT is the exact reason your guild has died, and is dead, ever think of that? No, of course not

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just never seen positive things from the Vets who claim to help Noobs.
Maybe those of the vets that do help new players don't announce their help via forums. Most people will help in their own way. Could be to give gold, scrolls, advice a gate. For others it could be not stealing, not killing or not dry looting someone they perceive as new...la

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't think giving gold, or gear, to new players necessarily "helps" them or can be helpful. That's the difference of opinion.

For example, when I started SP, I didn't ask for anything. I went and got it all on my own. That's just me though. I like being independent. Some new players may do better without that kind of "help". But it does depend on the type of new player. Some new players need a push, some do not.

I believe that INSPIRING new players is better than anything "NEW2" ever had to offer. Have FUN with new players. Go on a hunt. Have a dinner party. Host some games. Gamble. Throw a party.

Role Play. These would increase the shard population tenfold, I believe. I'd love to do it all myself, but I can only spare a few hours per week on the game right now. I wish I had more time, but I don't.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I could go on a HUGE rant of how many people who have helped me and how many of the people out of that group were vets. In fact, let me tell you what happened on my first week of Siege. I got killed by Diablo at the time I threw a huge hissy fit in chat.. (yes very immature of me) But you know what happened? A bunch of people came to my aid and KILLED him. I got my armor back that day. Out of that group I know of atleast 4 that was there that helped assist in his killing were vets. All the vets I know are in fact helpful. Can we stop pointing fingers at the vets? What about the other people here who are not so called vets? What about them helping noobs? I'm not a vet but I've helped noobs. I've attempted to try to kill reds that were bullying new people. Really this is like a one sided argument. If we need events and stuff I'd love to point out how many events I have held in the past year and maybe only 4 or 5 attended. Maybe poor planning on my part? perhaps? Okay... but I did hold an event, Freja did an event in Safe Haven just previously, Gilfaine has put on events, and the Pirates guild, plus some of us Governor have. We do host events, if I have to screen shot every player event I go to from now on I will, in fact i'll start planning another event. Like I said, I'll log in when I get home.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft. Freebies never hurt siege. The lack of desire to preserve siege's original ruleset destroyed it.

Now its just training wheels for Fel on the production servers which is more difficult because of insurance costs.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There may go s few days before I can take it down, got some trouble with my best eye and can't see the screen and special not the letters and the light hurt my eye, I hope to be back in a few days, it does a little better.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that INSPIRING new players is better than anything "NEW2" ever had to offer. Have FUN with new players. Go on a hunt. Have a dinner party. Host some games. Gamble. Throw a party.

Role Play. These would increase the shard population tenfold, I believe. I'd love to do it all myself, but I can only spare a few hours per week on the game right now. I wish I had more time, but I don't.
I'm sure all the "positivity" you exhibit on the forums is more than enough to engage the "fun" factor for new players to shard. I mean...who wouldn't want to have a dinner party with you?

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure all the "positivity" you exhibit on the forums is more than enough to engage the "fun" factor for new players to shard. I mean...who wouldn't want to have a dinner party with you?
Am I not the most positive member on the shard? Who expresses more positivity than me?

CorwinWE2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In my very dated opinion, well stocked vendors are the greatest boon to both new and active players. The greatest threat is boredom.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL i was just reminiscing on how Gworpe would go on these endless rants about seemingly rediculous topics. Seems kinda funny to me...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could go on a HUGE rant of how many people who have helped me and how many of the people out of that group were vets. In fact, let me tell you what happened on my first week of Siege. I got killed by Diablo at the time I threw a huge hissy fit in chat.. (yes very immature of me) But you know what happened? A bunch of people came to my aid and KILLED him. I got my armor back that day. Out of that group I know of atleast 4 that was there that helped assist in his killing were vets. All the vets I know are in fact helpful. Can we stop pointing fingers at the vets? What about the other people here who are not so called vets? What about them helping noobs? I'm not a vet but I've helped noobs. I've attempted to try to kill reds that were bullying new people. Really this is like a one sided argument. If we need events and stuff I'd love to point out how many events I have held in the past year and maybe only 4 or 5 attended. Maybe poor planning on my part? perhaps? Okay... but I did hold an event, Freja did an event in Safe Haven just previously, Gilfaine has put on events, and the Pirates guild, plus some of us Governor have. We do host events, if I have to screen shot every player event I go to from now on I will, in fact i'll start planning another event. Like I said, I'll log in when I get home.
But were you INSPIRED??! Vets=failzlol

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I not the most positive member on the shard? Who expresses more positivity than me?
To be honest the only things I can tell you have contributed are active negativity (bashing "vets"), self promotion, and talking gibberish in chat, to the point that it seems like you are more a dedicated troll than someone with no self awareness of how he comes across.

Maybe you really are a good intentioned person but so far all I get from you is pancakes that other people's efforts aren't good enough, regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well for a basic set up for a returning player NEW2 was great, LRC Suit, Spell Book and advice from Freja plus the 30 day tag to get a few skills up to efficient gold farming levels and the rest is history. I am not a good guild player so that aspect of NEW2 did not interest me as I much preffer hunting and farming a lone but enjoy meeting and chatting with friends. Often don't agree with Freja but IMO she has never had anything but the best interest of the shard in her heart. In turn I have always helped folks out with gear, a bit of gold or power scrolls when I had extras. And folks have helped me out with things when I needed something. Apollyon if nothing is a bit amusing at best and at worst a third string troll.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apollyon worst enemy is his own attitude, it make him an village idiot, I don't think anyone take him serious, even a newbie can see he is crazy.