• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Suggest Your Gardening Rares

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wonder if the game masters have ever thought of placing random rares exclusive to gardening into the plant system.. similar to fishing up a seahorse or anchor.

Like we have a 1 in 10,000 chance at receiving a gardening rare with each seed reaching maturity.

Some ideal gifts i think might be good are:

1. Potion Fountains (small statue like fountains that give 10 greater poison, or greater cure potions per day) barrel sponges have been introduced

2. Fertile Patch (a small patch of dirt that can be locked down to endlessly fill plant bowls)

3. Water Keg (a blue keg that you can fill with water and allows 100 uses or can be filled from a magic water tile for practically endless uses) we can now make endless water pitchers by tossing water pitchers at water elementals and attaching them to our water troughs

4. Poison Ivy (a red vine that causes a player reaction when within one tile of it similar to the drunken affect when a player drinks too much in the game)

5. Footprints (footprints that can be locked down in your garden, several of these locked down might create your individual garden pathway) treasure hunters or mibs can now get stones for pathways in our gardens from chests

6. Sunflower (a decorative sunflower similar to decorative corn that can be locked down)

7. Seed Box Mass Identification (the ability to be able to drop containers of seeds onto our seed box and have them bounce back into our backpack identified) ;) ;)

--these are just suggestions please add your own too--

hehe.. if we point enough plants at the game masters they'll help us.

Thank you to the Game Masters for looking at our ideas and making them possible and to all those who have submitted ideas to improve OUR game. *hugs to all*

Last edited:

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That be some big plants to give that out. :)

I would love a way to make a green house (frame work or tilles)

#1 A wheelbarrow #2 A rake diferent styles.
#3 Pile of manure with flys of course.....
#4 A watering bucket..
#5 Compose item that gives out Firtile dirt....yes i know you can buy it, but something cool looking would be nice.

#6 The old ground tilles you can grow stuff on , no need for pots..
#7 Saw horse with pruning saw and some small branches on it....
#8 Herb jars you can put your regs in 1 reg type to jar and takes the color of such reg.

Well thats it for now...i have many others but there more to items to grow..

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh i love the idea of having a compost bin.. gardeners go green.. :) with maybe the go green logo on it. Great idea.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Watering can with endless uses, or that can be filled to have endless uses.

Add candles to the tinkering menu and have them use plant clippings to colour them.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A wind mill next to a water trough that keeps it filled?
Something like that?

Pots of different sizes that stay with the plant you grow it in.
Flowering bushes insted of the same cookie cuter look ones you can grow.

Bring back ID wands to see what seeds are that be nice...(good luck here) hahaha

Garden swing set..the wood looking ones using chains or rope for 2 people..

Arbor with vines on it..

Tomato and other vegy plants..The provisioner has to be geting them from someplace...

Some patches of grass like around the Brit bank on GL.

Some feed back from other players who only come answer when something is going to be nerfed ......was borred on this one so sneeked it in. 8)

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a well pump

Being able to set our colored baskets to be containers or planters.

V

Verthandi

4. Poison Ivy (a red vine that causes a player reaction when within one tile of it similar to the drunken affect when a player drinks too much in the game)

5. Footprints (footprints that can be locked down in your garden, several of these locked down might create your individual garden pathway)
I especially love these deco ideas- and the 'endless watering can', which would streamline the process a little bit for those who tend large crops. Anything to cut down on some clicking.

Perhaps a pair of 'gardening gloves'; they'd be cute deco if nothing else, but maybe they'd give you a small chance of harvesting extra resources from a plant, or maybe they'd cut down on the amount of dirt you need for a bowl? No idea if this could be implemented, mind...

D

DHMagicMan_1

a dirt patch you can use to fill bowls. I think they said it can't be a housing tile so make it something you lock down afterwards like the slippery ice they gave out a couple years ago. Once it's locked down on the floor of your house you can target it to fill bowls. I don't really care if it's "regular dirt" or "fertile" because I'd use it either way... "Fertile" would be more fun though. :)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A carnivorous plant that acts the same as a trash can and says things such as "Feed me more!" This can grow in size by feeding it chicken lizards and other unfortunate small pets.

Jungle vines which can be attached to your own decorative trees. When clicked upon these vines make you swing round all the trees on your property like Tarzan.

S

soulstoner

A carnivorous plant that acts the same as a trash can and says things such as "Feed me more!" This can grow in size by feeding it chicken lizards and other unfortunate small pets.

Jungle vines which can be attached to your own decorative trees. When clicked upon these vines make you swing round all the trees on your property like Tarzan.
I just poked in upon noticing Hen had last post. Good to see the monkey jungle theme continues in Hen's head and I dig the carnivorous plant idea as posted immensely.

Thank You Hen for always making me smile with your grand creativity in imagineering. :)

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just thinking.. you know bosses give those 'dirt patches'.. wouldn't it be nice if we could lock those down in our homes and use them to fill plant bowls?

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just poked in upon noticing Hen had last post. Good to see the monkey jungle theme continues in Hen's head and I dig the carnivorous plant idea as posted immensely.

Thank You Hen for always making me smile with your grand creativity in imagineering. :)
Thanks. You don't know how much work went into my Mighty Joe Young/King Kong/Rideable Gorrillas Champ Spawn idea, only to see the devs laugh in my face.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a gardening hose or a fountain of infinity that you can use to water plants without having to fill it.

Sinful_Candie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All great ideas. I would love to see new walls and stuff to make my garden house look like a green house/garden house.

N

nynyve

Banana trees--no I will never give up asking for them!
Palm trees
Systemic fertilizer--you apply it when you plant & the plants need no potions whatsoever, just water.
Any of the plants that showed up as rubble
More water lilies & exotic water plants like papyrus. Hoe about water lilies with different colored flowers (please keep the foliage green).
A green house
Decorative flower pots & planters
Rose bushes. White roses with green foliage, red roses with green foliage, yellow roses with yellow foliage, Roses as climber, creepers, hedges, bushes. Also make the roses harvestable so that you could collect both sees and cut flowers from them. Heck make it so that you could harvest flowers from all flowering plants.
More plants with colored flowers and green leaves. For example pampas grass with yellow catkins and green foliage
New and different fountains small and large
Better garden statuary
A lucky garden gnome
Grow lights that speed up plant growth

U

uoBuoY

A special new plant that can be dried and then produces buds. A scribe makes special papers called Zig-Zag and then rolls the buds into a thing called a dooby. When a char uses a dooby, they move very slow, the screen displays weird colors, they can't do much of anything, they find themselves incredibly funny and char becomes extremely hungry and will eat a mongbat.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-just deco-
a trowel
a shovel or fork with vertical orientation (what proper gardener leaves tools lying on the soil?)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some fantastic ideas in this thread. Keep the creative wheels turning!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I LOVE Jill's ideas

Add in 1 in 100,000 chance to get a super seed one that grows what you want from a menu
say:
Banana tree that gives bananas (great for cooks)
Coconut Palm / Date Palms (gives coconuts or dates)
The big Pipe Cactus patch
Yucca or Fan plants
Pear Tree (fruiting for cooking)
Mushroom patches (many different styles/colors of the small ground cover typeswould be nice)
Tree's like that are on the heratage menu but like: Birtch ,Yew, Elm, Maple, Ash etc. (With different leaf colors and different growth/ stages of leifing some examples are in Tokuno)
The Black trunked trees in Umbra area with or without leaves
Pots od different colors(like the christmas cacti one or the terracotta colors) you can "mount" your favorite plant like the pot Rubble that show the plant in dirt and are deco.
Ponds (small different pond styles like seen in and around tokuno some can even have watr falls and lilys pads)

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the pond idea.. but a full pond would be way to easy for us.. how about pond/water tiles so we can build our own to our shape.

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a new thought for gardeners.. How about this for an idea.

For a holiday event all shards fight something, similar to thanksgiving turkeys.. but one of the rewards is a holiday seed.

Fight a snowman - gain a chance to receive a (red, green or white) small christmas tree seed.
Fight a green bunny - gain a chance to receive a top hat shaped hedge seed.
Fight that turkey - gain a chance to receive a corn plant or cornicopia seed.
Fight that easter bunny - gain a chance to receive a pink bunny seed.

I"m thinking holiday seeds here. They wouldn't have to reproduce, but are grown for pure decoration. Plus they really wouldn't have to grow only plants but could grow any type of decoration to the holiday. This would also add suspense upon growing our own home decorations pondering what you will get..

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree that banana trees should really be in the game and drop bananas. My reason for this is that we already have apple trees and pear trees that produce fruit. But for a cook making fruit bowls they still have to buy the bananas to finish them. It would be nice for cooks to be able to have the option to have their own orchards for making fruit bowls.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Woot! We are getting the carnivorous plant trash can!
Now how about them in-house jungle vines?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot! We are getting the carnivorous plant trash can!
Now how about them in-house jungle vines?
Be sure to point this out next time someone starts with the 'they don't listen to the players' dirge. :D

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Giant snails! - What's a garden without snails? - We could breed them and add escargot to the chef's menu. It would be nice for deco. :)

Note: To keep them rare, maybe a 1 in 20 or so chance of being able to set a snail to deco? Or.. just make them hard to get, but able to produce escargot ingredients (rather like how our cornucopia works)?

Last edited:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Water pitchers that hold more than 5 doses. :(
I wonder that no one already has mentioned it:
By throwing water pitchers onto water elementals you have a chance to get an endless decanter of water. Once you have linked one of those with a water through in your house, it gives unlimited uses on watering plants and filling aquariums.

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about a plant box to keep your already grown plants (deco or parent) in, would make storing them a lot easier, and free up lock downs, make them also usable on player vendors (similar to the bod book aspect).

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about a plant box to keep your already grown plants (deco or parent) in, would make storing them a lot easier, and free up lock downs, make them also usable on player vendors (similar to the bod book aspect).
That is a pretty cool idea. :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh Gypsy! great idea then give the alky the addition of making buggetta snail repelant. hehe
Sounds good to me! Let's fight those Giant African Land Snails like they do in Miami. :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh I have seen them puppys! talk about escargo............... I expect gerdeners are livid...the Snail invasion

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not squeemish about them infact they are quite cute ... but not something you give a kid as a pet. The enviroment is in danger, ship them back to home. only a zoo should have specimens for view or touch.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am not squeemish about them infact they are quite cute ... but not something you give a kid as a pet. The enviroment is in danger, ship them back to home. only a zoo should have specimens for view or touch.
They're an invasive species here in Florida, mainly in he southern part of the state. The darn things even eat the stucco off the walls on homes, not to mention the threat they present to agriculture and native plants. They're working on eradicating them.

Oh yes, they may be a health threat as well... they carry a parasite, and under certain conditions they may transmit meningitis. Definitely not a good candidate for a pet!

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read a article abou tthem not too long ago... said the very same thing not a good idea in any light except for zoo. You also have a big trouble in the coral reefs wtih the lionfish.
It has no predator and is killing off native fish. The carp from asia that is swimming up the mississippi to the great lakes.... its doing the very same thing and the musscle that has been dropped in the lakes by balast from foriegn ships..its doing so much dammage to shipwrecks inthe lakes that have been near pristine are now decaying super fast...
Man must look at all sides of thigns they do.... what is inocent may kill what you love later....

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's a serious problem. So many species have been introduced to the states, some by accident, others by careless pet owners. The Everglades is full of pythons today, and the Cuban tree frog is out competing our small native frogs. Then there's the cane toad, which is bad news. The Lion fish were probably released by aquarium owners who got tired of it. Seems like the list is endless.

Of course, in UO it can be fun... perhaps we're due for a plague of mutant frogs and giant constrictors from the Lost Lands. :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oi dont give them any ideas! unless your willing to deal with its outcome.hehe

Yes even the "red fire ant" is a foriegn menace but that one snuck on a ship here..... and the idiot who let loose the killer bee queens in south america.... we got the outcome rather fast. Now I am not saying they wouldnt naturaly happen... we got egrets from a storm off africa that blew them to america... and many a spider has had the jet stream blow their silk parashutes all over kingdom come... so nature has a hand in it too... but by far man has done this to himself.. careless pet trade.. oh i forgot the birds... we now have here flocks of all kinds of parrots from around the world... they are adapting to weather and thriving..

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well, I can do without the mutant frogs and giant constrictors... but I'd surely love a giant snail statue in the garden. :)

Oh, and escargot for the chefs!

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know Gypsy... that isnt a bad idea...
I would not mind a cute garden snail say the size of a reward dragon statue... they could also make dragonflys and ladybugs like the lites... inchworms and pretty butterflys a bit more realistic the the origami ones..

Hmm escargo for the s car went croud.... I always say the cooking menu can use more stuff we can use.... food for thought as it were.