• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castle Ladder at entrance?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to get this to place, even with Goza mats.. I've seen this before, any clue what I am doing wrong?

T

Tazar

There was a change several publishes ago and I do not believe that it is possible anymore. There are some still in place from before the publish.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what Taz said.

they made a change to the front doors of the castles and keeps that made it so you can no longer place a ladder on them.
came in about the same time they let us using the courtyard in castles.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a shame the publish didnt level the play field .....yes it stop people placing ladders on castle/keep steps but it didnt redeed the ladders already placed on castle/keep steps.....just saying...afterall its all about the even/level playing field and all that.....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MAYBE The devs can make this happen ..pretty sure it was a hindsight... if they dont want people to place castle /keep ladders on the steps...then please redeed the ones that remain so!!!!!!

Lets be honest ..its a huge game changing advantage...to be able to scamper up those felluca ladders on the steps to escape....THAT or allow people to place them on the steps again??

one or the other......needs sorting......thankyou.....

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
MAYBE The devs can make this happen ..pretty sure it was a hindsight... if they dont want people to place castle /keep ladders on the steps...then please redeed the ones that remain so!!!!!!

Lets be honest ..its a huge game changing advantage...to be able to scamper up those felluca ladders on the steps to escape....THAT or allow people to place them on the steps again??

one or the other......needs sorting......thankyou.....
Now since I tested teleporters in fel on the steps I love it even better game changing advantage cuz the 2nd teleporter can be set up in the cstle/keep anywhere. I could also say players with a custom house have a even better gaming advantage they can run right in their places, and hide maybe the devs should make all customized house to have walls in a door or 2 on first floor or cant commit house.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets level the play field and give everyone a Castle! Oh and lets make sure everyone has the same gear!
I was away some years and I think the devs should give me all the special event items that dropped in that period... afterall you have an unfair advantage! ;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nOOOOO!

digs into trench...........its cant be both....its ladders on steps or no ladders on steps

if ladders can no longer be placed then the ladders that already exsist should be redeeded in the next publish [end] or the devs should allow placement of ladders on the steps again....

the devs have to make there mind up.....yes or no to ladders on castle/keep steps....

Devs time to make your mind up

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castle and Keep door removal and placement. Just the metal door type can be placed with south and east facing. Same security settings as current doors Door removing should be no issue. House is public or it is not. I know on my castle I would remove the doors going into the courtyard. Also teleporter placement would help.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castle and Keep door removal and placement. Just the metal door type can be placed with south and east facing. Same security settings as current doors Door removing should be no issue. House is public or it is not. I know on my castle I would remove the doors going into the courtyard. Also teleporter placement would help.
ive seen some blessed castles with the steel doors fitted and working and they do look awesome and far better for security.....would be an awesome additon

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to get rid of anyone's ladder.. I just want a ladder -- I don't see how a ladder hurts anyone
Well only seems fair.....let us place ladders on the steps again please....afterall many others have already got them....i kinda asked this in ask the Devs but its seems to have been removed???? very strange???

T

Tazar

Well only seems fair.....let us place ladders on the steps again please....afterall many others have already got them....i kinda asked this in ask the Devs but its seems to have been removed???? very strange???
Yes: Very Strange... Did you bother reading the Sticky Post giving the Forum Rules? I'll quote for you:

2. Only questions to which Mythic have given answers will appear for viewing.
This is a moderated forum. Posts are moved to a private "Dev Only" forum until answered then are moved back for Public Consumption. Maybe that's why you can't find your post?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive seen some blessed castles with the steel doors fitted and working and they do look awesome and far better for security.....would be an awesome additon
I was looking at more of removing and placement of doors. In Castles and Keeps they are to open and no way to make areas more secure. There is no way for an owner to have any privacy in there own home. Few well placed security doors and teleporters could make towers in a castle or keep very private. Areas that only higher ranked guild members would be able get at through teleporter security settings.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking at more of removing and placement of doors. In Castles and Keeps they are to open and no way to make areas more secure. There is no way for an owner to have any privacy in there own home. Few well placed security doors and teleporters could make towers in a castle or keep very private. Areas that only higher ranked guild members would be able get at through teleporter security settings.
and yes i was saying i have seen castles in the game with doors internally on the turrets..very cool indeed

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes: Very Strange... Did you bother reading the Sticky Post giving the Forum Rules? I'll quote for you:

This is a moderated forum. Posts are moved to a private "Dev Only" forum until answered then are moved back for Public Consumption. Maybe that's why you can't find your post?
okies that would make sense

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well I took this thread as a challenge - supposedly you "can't" place a castle ladder on the front steps anymore so I played around with a few ideas until I figured out how to do it - put one down on the front steps of my castle - ran up and down it about 20 times to make sure it worked - it even made it over my hedges upstairs which kind of surprised me - took it down and put my teleporter back - I don't like having to run downstairs every time I come home - it is possible but extremely weird in the way I got it to place - I doubt anyone's gonna stumble on the method by accident and I don't want them fixing the method so I'm not saying - just letting people know that you can do it, it's just super super hard :)

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just letting people know that you can do it, it's just super super hard :)
hint would be nice.

I don't think they intentionally turned it off to stop people from putting ladders there. It took place at the same time they allowed us to lock things down in the court yard.

I believe it was an unintentional side effect.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hint would be nice.

I don't think they intentionally turned it off to stop people from putting ladders there. It took place at the same time they allowed us to lock things down in the court yard.

ive sent the question to ask the devs...like u say Ox i doubt it was intenetional....so hopefuly once they are aware they can re-fix this...

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I doubt anyone's gonna stumble on the method by accident and I don't want them fixing the method so I'm not saying - just letting people know that you can do it, it's just super super hard :)
Kojak, Today at 1:21 AM
Your stinginess makes me want to test around with this & post my findings if it is possible still. Make it so.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hint would be nice.

You can place a ladder on top of a goza mat in the court yard, but when you raise the goza mat you can't place the ladder you get the message that is in my picture imp.JPG
same as when you raise the goza on the front step same message
imp2.JPG

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your stinginess makes me want to test around with this & post my findings if it is possible still. Make it so.
* hands Gedgerez Tesherd a pail of grease*
Maybe if you grease his palm maybe he might not saying he will give you some hints, but if its a exploit I rather he not post it. I know its not fair to others not being able to place the ladders, and I feel real bad about it I really do. I know I should take mine down, but when I try to omg !!!!! I just can't my finger won't let me push the mouse button. Funny thing is when I recall in I use my doors not the ladder, but if THP gets them to redeed placed ladders then thats ok I'll have to live with it. hopefully it will get fixed so we all may have them.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be a lot better if we all can place a ladder on the steps...so hopefully the devs will fix it so...like its been said b4 after the courtyard publish they became un placeable....its prob just a hindsight they overlooked.....just saying..its either one or the other...ladders on steps or not???

then again old kojak could tell us how to do it and it would no longer be a issue???

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
STILL WAITING...... for the answer to come back...from...'ask the devs' ...mmmmmmm

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a guess here... Try a grass or snow tile instead of a goza mat?

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to get this to place, even with Goza mats.. I've seen this before, any clue what I am doing wrong?

Try small wooden table carpenter crafted type locked down, on top of that 2 stacks of damaged books (doom arty, the big ones), locked down, then a goza mat on top of the books, ladder on top of goza. Once ladder is placed, unlock/remove table and damaged books, chop the goza, lower the ladder with the interior decorator tool.

That is how to make a goza floor in thin air, the wooden table and damaged books are the trick. I read that in the Homes and Castles forum here some years ago. It's probably still there, so I doubt we need to hide it from the devs.

Oh and if on Atlantic I can give you some damaged books, I collected quite a few when I played on Pac and owned a castle.

:)

Last edited:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
goes outside front of my castle and pets my ladder :)

army,

I think the speed hack quote was of the sarcastic variety.

dopey rule if you ask me. all should be able to place ladders.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
goes outside front of my castle and pets my ladder :)

army,

I think the speed hack quote was of the sarcastic variety.

dopey rule if you ask me. all should be able to place ladders.
I'm glad you always catch my snide remarks..not all are so keen..sometimes I get it multiple posts quoting my stupidity when all in all..it was my meager attempt at lightening the mood :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I no longer have a outside ladder on the steps at my UO hubby's and my keep. My dog Sophie Ann decided to jump up on me knocking my arm as I was going to ax a goza mat instead I ended up axing the ladder.:( I was mad, but nothing I can do about it. yes she is still alive lol to cute for her own good. I did use one of my rewards and got the teleporter love it better.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still cant place the ladder on castle steps...can this be addressed please

Last edited:

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just recently bought a castle and I have that ladder issue, too. I am thinking of sending the castle back to the vendor and then I'll try to get my money back. ;)

Last edited:

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a shame the publish didnt level the play field .....yes it stop people placing ladders on castle/keep steps but it didnt redeed the ladders already placed on castle/keep steps.....just saying...afterall its all about the even/level playing field and all that.....
I have 2 castles and ya know what? I don't have a ladder on the steps of either of them. I also don't feel cheated of something " Special " that some have and others do not.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u can grunt and hiss all ya like!!!!
its gotta be a easy fix surely....
like i say... problem still aint solved... and ive posted it twice now in 'ask the devs' and still not showing an answer [strange]

Last edited:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am more annoyed by the fact, that I cannot place my Vet reward cannon just above the entrance area any more, which happened in the same context.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see no need to take away the ladders that are already placed. I do not have a ladder placed at front door of my castle and still see no reason to take away another person's ladder. Just my two cents.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see no need to take away the ladders that are already placed. I do not have a ladder placed at front door of my castle and still see no reason to take away another person's ladder. Just my two cents.
Let every castle owner choose: Either keep the ladder OR the castle... :)

Another, more realisitic suggestion: Let us customize keeps and castles.