• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome to Siege Perilous. We have something to offer

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege Perilous are a little different than other shards but sure not harder to make it on.
1. You can now place a house on Siege and keep your old one on normal shards
2. Siege have a more healthy economy, as the Siege rules keep the system from adding a lot gold to the game. You can't sell to NPC vendors but players will buy, that only make the money move around. Look at the bazaar vendors to see what they buy and pay.
3. We do not have Item Insureance, but you can easy find a LRC suit for 15k. If you want 5x70 resist and maybe LRC and 6 MR, you can still get it for less than 100k. Just keep a spare suit in bank.
4. Yes you may get PK'ed, but there are a lot hunting spots, where you rarely see a red and NEW2 tag will give you one month to train.

I could go on, the list is long, but what about making a char and give it a try, you may get the joy back from playing again. If you fail to make it, only time is lost.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been there. Done that.

I feel my elbow hair itching again.

Even with a bone tossed, they're not there in masses?

Last edited:

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If I understood your past posting correctly, your play style is as a red PK. So, basically you're asking for more fish to shoot in a tank? An invitation from the black widow spider? You're just looking for more easy victims?

Why would I take your invitation seriously and want to go to Siege?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's not quite accurate or fair there - Freja also runs crafters if I'm not mistaken and Siege isn't 100% pvp. It's been a while since I played there and I left because my memory is too bad to keep up with all the political workings of the shard but there are some nice people there and if you DO favor pvp without having to have billion gp suits that's definitely the place. Some of the most fun I've ever had in UO was on Siege and it would be nice to see it thrive again.

-PE

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I understood your past posting correctly, your play style is as a red PK. So, basically you're asking for more fish to shoot in a tank? An invitation from the black widow spider? You're just looking for more easy victims?

You misjudge - extensively. Freja is currently runs the NEW2 guild, helping and guiding players new to the shard. An undertaking that requires a large committment and considerable dedication. She is a true and worthy ambassador for the shard.
PK is a style she plays only part of the time.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Even if she was trying to lure people there for kills its not like you wouldn't have fun dying. On siege you have to actually play the game, dying is part of the game. Worth every long walk back home or to the bank IMO.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You misjudge - extensively... PK is a style she plays only part of the time.
Okay sorry - I didn't realize she was only a part-time PK. One of the good PKs?

You've got it wrong and backwards there. I don't know Freja on Siege, so she could be the nicest and most helpful person on the shard. My perception of Freja is based on the image that she created on these forums - as a red PK. If that is wrong, perhaps you should talk to her about changing her image on these forums.

And yes Erik and mikni, I do know Siege isn't 100% PvP. I never said that nor implied that. I do have a low-level tamer on Siege that started as a fencer the first day the shard opened. Back then, it nearly was 100% PvP, but has changed over time. So everyone who posts here doesn't need to comment on that.

Good luck to Freja and NEW2 guild.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Even if she was trying to lure people there for kills its not like you wouldn't have fun dying. On siege you have to actually play the game, dying is part of the game. Worth every long walk back home or to the bank IMO.

Must everyone post something really stupid? I'm not into PvP, have no intention of playing PvP. I do play part-time on Siege. Dying is not part of my fun in the game, and I do not enjoy walking back to town in gray-mode. Some people get their jollies PK-ing the defenseless - I just don't see it.

PS - you're derailing Feja's thread... that was never my intention.

As I said - Good luck to Freja and NEW2 guild.

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every shard has something to offer.

Siege is just more vocal and has higher-placed and better-liked folks on Stratics among its small community.

Note that one post in this thread states that you have to "actually play" the game on Siege. Clearly, the rest of us are not playing the game. Note that the original post implies that the only reason you will stop playing on Siege is if you "fail to make it." Note that the official Siege statement on Stratics uses the term "namby pampy" to refer to the other shards.

I play on Great Lakes and I, for one, do not feel that playing only on my shard represents really playing. I also do not feel that the only reason one would leave Great Lakes is because he or she failed to make it. Nor do I find it necessary to denigrate other shards to play up my own.

What, if anything, the above means, I leave to you.

-Galen's player

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was only sharing my personal view on the situation. Sorry for derailing this thread...I will keep my opinions to myself. Carry on.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

I had not been red the last 2-3 year, guess I'm to nice. However I do like to see all play styles on Siege.

We need crafters to run good shops
We need PvM'ers to hunt for imbuing resources for the crafters
We need gatherers
We need PvP'ers, red and blue to fight the ones we have now.
We need role-player's to make the game more fun
We need thieves to stop players from falling a sleep at the bank.
Yes we need victims too but we don't mind share the fun with them or at least try.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience, a shard with no item insurance results in everyone being a deathstriking stealther with deadly poison weap.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Winter all opinions are welcome in my thread, also yours. I mainly made the thread to tell all, who gave up Siege, because they could not place a house, that they can now.
I would like people to give Siege a try, but if it's not their game, it's ok, we do not all want the same from UO.

Some players will love Siege and some will hate it.

A little more about me. I have 2 main chars/accounts.

Freja, playing a vampireness, only killing for blood, not items, when and if she kill. She do not need your items, only thing that can make her loot and trash your stuff, is if you make her mad, like calling her names. You have to be really rude to success making so mad, that you lose your stuff.
Freja also do PvM to get resources to Tina Tink.

Tina Tink are my crafter and she run NEW2. She do never PvP. If attacked, she may die, but she can easy make a new suit so she don't care much about dying. She do get mad ion Freja, if she die and lose her suit as that one is much more expensive to replace and she may have to work for hours before Freja is happy with her new gear.
Tina also run a shop with armor and jewelry young players and others can afford.

I never said, Siege is better than other shards, just different :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
In my experience, a shard with no item insurance results in everyone being a deathstriking stealther with deadly poison weap.
Not really, all templates are used on Siege. A stealth char put a lot skills in defense, he may stay alive but even with poison, he may have trouble with killing other PvP'ers. I can't speak for others but I do not have stealth on my chars.

How much you are going to lose, may depend of your reputation. If people hate you, you sure may be dry looted every time you die, but if they respect you, they may raise you with a smile and don't loot or at least leave your suit.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Winter all opinions are welcome in my thread, also yours. I mainly made the thread to tell all, who gave up Siege, because they could not place a house, that they can now...
Thanks Freja - I am playing my tamer, slowly adding up gold for that house.

While I'm not a fan of PK's for their play style, I'll have to say that I have yet to be rez-killed on Siege, unlike my home shard.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Freja - I am playing my tamer, slowly adding up gold for that house.

While I'm not a fan of PK's for their play style, I'll have to say that I have yet to be rez-killed on Siege, unlike my home shard.
Although you called me stupid I would gladly give you the gold to place a small plot if you would like. It helped me get into playing on Siege much more after placement.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As one of the elder players on siege I will state Freja is one of the kindest of ladys to new players.
Siege is not all shoot kill loot dry.. far from it
As for the color RED in the meaning of a player on Siege... it don't mean that the person is mean or killer 24/7/365

Let me clairify something about the day you will have on Siege..
First we greet the shard on chat..... I know most of you don't do this on main shards but on Siege its polite and will be excepted warmly.
Second trading is perfectly good on Siege, we honor peace when we do it. We want to have this be clear.
Third not everything that's Red is out to kill you on the spot... Most will only kill you then rez after if they take something its not a dry loot... we discourage it. We want to keep our players not shove them off the shard.
It you need help or cant find something... by all means get on chat and ASK....

We do have a few bad eggs but so do most shards.. That's to be expected... this is UO after all.

Last edited:

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Although you called me stupid I would gladly give you the gold to place a small plot if you would like. It helped me get into playing on Siege much more after placement.

Thanks for the offer, but I am in not hurry. I have friends in UO, but owe nothing to any of them... makes for a more friendly friendship in the long run.

I called what you posted being stupid. You were the second to post that and after all these years it's clear that Siege isn't 100% PvP. But I didn't call you stupid.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been awhile since I've been on Siege and the only thing I can add is the fact you can, at any one time, have one item blessed, of your choosing. You use the context menu and toggle bless on an item, and if you use it again on a different item it'll make that item blessed and toggle off the other item. So basically you can keep your most prized item insured at all times.

Siege used to be very hard to get into because of the way the skills had to be staggered. You'd have to grind for a long time. Doesn't seem that bad anymore, but it sure is an experience not being able to artificially create an economy through NPCs.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can easy make money selling to the Stall vendors in New Mag. Just look at them to see what they buy, what they pay and what you can gathering. Even a newbie can make money to a house in few days.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A definition of a working economy is not that everything is expensive or cheap.
A working economy some people farm items and some people buy those items and sell other items.
On Siege there are very few item vendors, and most are empty.
A working economy is not one where you have to beg in chat for items, or "have to know someone".

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it true that you can have only 1 char per account on Siege? What else is different?

pumpkin_escobar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes 1 per acct. one of the biggest differences IMO would be no recall and no sacred journey spells, you have to use gate spells/scrolls.
People are nice on siege I like playing there

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can't sell to NPC vendors.

NPC Vendors don't train you

NPC vendors don't sell things like cloth etc. to make leveling tailoring/blacksmithing easy

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege used to be very hard to get into because of the way the skills had to be staggered.

I personally GREATLY prefer the siege skill gain system to the regular shard system. Instead of endless grinds it just takes a while. Especially since they lifted the caps. Also not being grindy inherently makes it soooo much less resource intensive to raise skills that require resources, and thus cheaper!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can't sell to NPC vendors.

NPC Vendors don't train you

NPC vendors don't sell things like cloth etc. to make leveling tailoring/blacksmithing easy
Sure the NPC don't train you make it a little harder to start. I believe they should allow it again, as you can buy a mystic token and get 5 x 90 skills

NPC vendors don't sell/buy things, that's really not a big problem. You just need to think a little different.

The BoD system will help young smiths and tailors. If to lazy to make your own bolt of clothes using wool yu0 get from sheeps, leather from the animals or dig your own ingots, just buy from players inc the stall vendors in New Mag.

The Heartwood's quests will also help fletchers, carpentry's, tinkers.

The alchemist can sell poison

Sure there may be some skills, that are harder without vendor buy but not impossible, just try to find some items players will buy, that be training LRC suit, jewelry with 1x13 skill mod, just be creative

Siege may be a little more challenged, not only when it comes t PvP but also about money making and surviving.

One New guild was telling me, as they only had one char each, they had decided to make chars so they was able to support each others and that way make their start on Siege easier. That's what Siege s about!

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy playing my Siege character.. it gave me a great sense of accomplishment to finally place that little tower and move in. I got PK'd a few times back when I first started but nowadays it's those dang Wisps that scare me.
I'm considering transfering my little tower over to one of my other accounts and saving a little money but I'd have to start my crafter over if I did that.. so for now I think I'll keep all three accounts.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is just not as dangerous on Siege as one might think. Yes you need to be careful and yes things happen but there is a real economy. I can actually make money just making lrc suits if I want to. People actually buy them. All the common place crafted items sell to other players. I really like that aspect of Siege. When I go out hunting I am always on my guard but I don't see that many people and most are not trying to kill me. I must say I don't want to be killed all the time but the fear factor does add some thrill to the game. I have found that most all of the people on Siege are just as nice if not nicer than other shards.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sure the NPC don't train you make it a little harder to start. I believe they should allow it again, as you can buy a mystic token and get 5 x 90 skills

I had no idea Mystic tokens could be used on Siege. That makes me more inclined to buy one than slowly level up because time = very little right now

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had no idea Mystic tokens could be used on Siege. That makes me more inclined to buy one than slowly level up because time = very little right now
They worked great, I just dumped all Freja's skills on soulstones and used on. I have for long wanted a new PvP template for her, as alternative to her old school archer template, but I too, did not feel like starting from zero to get it. I hope I will be happy new alternative template.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for that info Freja. I had no idea tokens could be used there. Very awesome news.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get Soulstones on Siege? Can you transfer a char to Siege?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get Soulstones on Siege? Can you transfer a char to Siege?
No, you can't transfer chars.
Red soulstones from vet rewards, if you've any to claim or green ones from legacy tokens. Either bought from Origin store or bought with gold from a player who bought them from Origin store.
Some people see it as a way to convert cash into gold - a rather more acceptable way (imho) than buying from dodgy gold sellers.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadley there are now players who do NOT adhere to the NEW2 idea they are killing and looting them at will.

And people who post like Galen really have no clue as to what they are talking about they are just rambling to see their own thought - siege does have alot to offer you just need to be smart, which is what was meant by play the game. There was no inference that if you don't play siege you arn't playing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sadley there are now players who do NOT adhere to the NEW2 idea they are killing and looting them at will.
That's not all true.
We had a little issue, with a new guild on Siege, I think/hope I got that solved.
Then we have a few, who will kill NEW2 but will not loot. I see no problem in that, it is Siege after all and learning to die, is not that bad, then it is less hard to leave NEW2 and both risk dying more and get looted too.
We do have one PK, I not yet have to speak with, I know he attack, not sure if he will loot, don't think he successes killing anyone yet.

Sometimes PK's say one thing in the chat, but act different on the field. They want to be feared :p

I do know several got killed and looted at the castle IDOC 2 days ago, but that's a different case. If a NEW2 want to go to an IDOC and want to try to place, the NEW2 tag won't protect him, it's fair I think.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking as one of the Sheep on siege.... no I don't fight.. I am a humble crafter set and tamer on my people there... mind you with my lot of accounts that's a lot of things to do...hehe I will say give Freja time to sort out the new bits of strife and things will be back to normal ...well normal for Siege that is. Dying is part of the shard.. heck my t hunter dies all the time...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume that Champ spawns exist on Siege. Are Power Scrolls available for sale on vendors routinely?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I like wandering around Siege and harvesting regs. The mongbats are a bit tougher but all that being said a very fun time. I vacation their regularly

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is like a offline version of UO. I never see anyone but the AI keeps me wildly entertained

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure the NPC don't train you make it a little harder to start. I believe they should allow it again, as you can buy a mystic token and get 5 x 90 skills!
I bought an Advanced Character Token from EA and got this message when I attempted to use it on my Siege char:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Why did you use money on an advance char token, when a Mystic one is so much better.
Anyway, it should work, you may need to send this to Mesanna

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes the advanced char token should work on Siege..... odd that it don't. I know the Mythic Token works.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly the regular advanced token didn't work and was reason they allowed with the Mystic token to work on Siege. The coding of the original token or something like that .. I read this quite some time ago... so I might be wrong...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went back to the Origin Store (where I purchased the Advanced Character Token) and here's what it says on the page where you purchase the token:

It seems to me that this explicitly states that the token is good on Siege...​