• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*SPOILER* Classic client 7.0.29.57

Status
Not open for further replies.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something not in TC publish notes (yet)
Which Trade Guild do you wish to make a deal with? A new trade deal costs 2,000,000gp and is valid for one week, at which time you may opt to renew the deal or choose a different deal.
The Guild of Arcane Arts offers its services of heightened awareness of the magical ether, increasing the damage inflicted by spell. (+5 Spell Damage Increase)
The Society of Clothiers offers to teach its methods of enhanced stitching increasing the effectiveness of magical resistances. (+1% to each resist)
The skilled musicians of the Bardic Collegium offer their enhanced techniques of digital dexterity, increasing the rate at which a magic user may cast spells. (+1 Faster Casting)
The Society of Cooks and Chefs offer their hearty recipes, increasing overall vitality. (+5 Hit Point Increase)
The Order of Engineers offers their plans and schematics to clockwork leg gear, granting a bonus to dexterity. (+3 Dexterity)
The Guild of Healers offers advanced healing techniques, increasing the effectiveness of healing. (+5% Bandage Healing Bonus)
The Maritime Guild is well known for their endurance at Sea, they offer to provide enhanced survival techniques increasing natural restorative healing. (+2 Hit Point Regeneration)
The shrewd Merchants Association is quick thinking and keen. They can offer to unlock those skills, increasing the regenerative prowess of the mind. (+2 Mana Regeneration)
The Mining Cooperative are hard working and strong. Their labor can offer increased body building techniques, increasing overall strength. (+3 Strength)
The League of Rangers are known throughout for their keen awareness of the wilderness. They can offer teachings increasing overall intelligence. (+3 Intelligence)
The Guild of Assassins are cutthroat and unmerciful, they can offer combative techniques increasing the speed at which they can dispatch their targets. (+5 Swing Speed Increase)
The Warriors Guild are skilled and learned in their trade and offer their training secrets, increasing the chance of landing a potentially deadly hit. (+5 Hit Chance Increase)
You may only make a trade deal once per real world week!
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The City of ~1_CITY~ announces a trade deal with the ~2_GUILD~!
Begging thy pardon, but thou must be at least Respected within the City to claim the benefits of a Trade Deal!
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! ~1_NAME~ hath accepted the Office of Governor! King Blackthorn congratulates Governor ~1_NAME~!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which Trade Guild do you wish to make a deal with? A new trade deal costs 2,000,000gp and is valid for one week, at which time you may opt to renew the deal or choose a different deal.
The Guild of Arcane Arts offers its services of heightened awareness of the magical ether, increasing the damage inflicted by spell. (+5 Spell Damage Increase)
The Society of Clothiers offers to teach its methods of enhanced stitching increasing the effectiveness of magical resistances. (+1% to each resist)
The skilled musicians of the Bardic Collegium offer their enhanced techniques of digital dexterity, increasing the rate at which a magic user may cast spells. (+1 Faster Casting)
The Society of Cooks and Chefs offer their hearty recipes, increasing overall vitality. (+5 Hit Point Increase)
The Order of Engineers offers their plans and schematics to clockwork leg gear, granting a bonus to dexterity. (+3 Dexterity)
The Guild of Healers offers advanced healing techniques, increasing the effectiveness of healing. (+5% Bandage Healing Bonus)
The Maritime Guild is well known for their endurance at Sea, they offer to provide enhanced survival techniques increasing natural restorative healing. (+2 Hit Point Regeneration)
The shrewd Merchants Association is quick thinking and keen. They can offer to unlock those skills, increasing the regenerative prowess of the mind. (+2 Mana Regeneration)
The Mining Cooperative are hard working and strong. Their labor can offer increased body building techniques, increasing overall strength. (+3 Strength)
The League of Rangers are known throughout for their keen awareness of the wilderness. They can offer teachings increasing overall intelligence. (+3 Intelligence)
The Guild of Assassins are cutthroat and unmerciful, they can offer combative techniques increasing the speed at which they can dispatch their targets. (+5 Swing Speed Increase)
The Warriors Guild are skilled and learned in their trade and offer their training secrets, increasing the chance of landing a potentially deadly hit. (+5 Hit Chance Increase)
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The City of ~1_CITY~ announces a trade deal with the ~2_GUILD~!
Begging thy pardon, but thou must be at least Respected within the City to claim the benefits of a Trade Deal!
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! ~1_NAME~ hath accepted the Office of Governor! King Blackthorn congratulates Governor ~1_NAME~!

2 million gold for a week and must have "respected" level to claim it?

All I can say is that I doubt I'll ever take advantage of this stuff, if it's implemented, because I just don't have that kind of gold to throw around and am not at all interested in buying it from brokers for RL money just for these rather minor benefits that will only last a week. Also, the loyalty system just doesn't thrill me. I've spent a little time trying to raise loyalty on a few of my crafters by turning in BODs, but I just don't have the time or the resources to really get into doing it and I'll probably stop if decay is turned on again. Those are just my comments for my own specific situation. Other people might have the gold and the time to garner these enhancements on a regular basis and find them worthwhile. For me, they'll just be something else in the game I don't have the luxury of using and/or that aren't attractive enough for me to put in the effort or the cash to get them.

Just my two cents. I have no comments on the player-run council stuff that anyone else would want to read.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. I like them. I'm going to assume none of those perks allow you to go OVER the present caps, but even so If you build a suit around the perks (Say 1 Faster Casting) that's a decent buff. I know some templates where I just haven't bothered to make the suit because I couldn't get what I consider the minimums out of it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, I agree with you about basing chance of anything on the level of town loyalty.. what I would not mind, however, is basing that same chance on title gained, because those are not subject to decay (should loyalty decay be turned back on)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice gold sink.

Since gold is over flowingin UO this is like thowing penny's away.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

2M for 1 week of +3 Str. Your jocking right?
Human Miner 125 STR = 537 Weight. With + 16 Str = 141 Str = 593 Weight limit. With 5500 ingiots in my back pack and wearing leather LRC suit my total weight is 586 Stone. I still have 7 Syones to hit the 593 Stone mark and with 100 Magery you can also get +3 Str with a bless spell. I will just stick with my Ring and Bracelet and never be over weight anyway TYVM. LOL

Last edited:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read the first line and got all excited thinking it was a crafter love-fest, then realised what it really was. Pfft!

The idea of a trade alliance could have resulted in much cooler benefits eg where a crafter or other profession got a bonus in their craft for a week if they aligned with say the tailor's guild, likewise give a bonus to other skills if they aligned with their relevant guilds, I'd think about paying for that. Not 2 million (not pennies to everyone) - I think town loyalty with that crafter should be enough to get a modest benefit. But when I think of aligning with say a fishing guild, I kinda expect to get a bonus in fishing, lol.

But really, why more stat bonuses? Surely there are enough ways a player can get those by now :D I hope these are not going to exceed any caps, or I'm really going to question why the devs call them caps and not "guidelines" lol. But to be serious, caps should be caps.

I'm glad this is something I'm not interested in spending time on, but frustrated that a trade alliance just gives stats. Could have been something much more interesting IMHO. I know stats are like pixie dust to some players who always want to be the most uber, but some of us got bored of the UO arms race and want to see more creative and engaging content.

Apologies for being negative, I just feel frustrated that this could have been so much more than gold + loyalty = stats.

Wenchy

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This IMHO is a total waiste of DEV time and do they really think anybody will pay 2M gold for 1 week to get these.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read the first line and got all excited thinking it was a crafter love-fest, then realised what it really was. Pfft!

The idea of a trade alliance could have resulted in much cooler benefits eg where a crafter or other profession got a bonus in their craft for a week if they aligned with say the tailor's guild, likewise give a bonus to other skills if they aligned with their relevant guilds, I'd think about paying for that. Not 2 million (not pennies to everyone) - I think town loyalty with that crafter should be enough to get a modest benefit. But when I think of aligning with say a fishing guild, I kinda expect to get a bonus in fishing, lol.

But really, why more stat bonuses? Surely there are enough ways a player can get those by now :D I hope these are not going to exceed any caps, or I'm really going to question why the devs call them caps and not "guidelines" lol. But to be serious, caps should be caps.

I'm glad this is something I'm not interested in spending time on, but frustrated that a trade alliance just gives stats. Could have been something much more interesting IMHO. I know stats are like pixie dust to some players who always want to be the most uber, but some of us got bored of the UO arms race and want to see more creative and engaging content.

Apologies for being negative, I just feel frustrated that this could have been so much more than gold + loyalty = stats.

Wenchy
It's an early April Fools joke, right.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
really the only thing worth it on the list is if you can get to faster casting 3 - if you can't over-cap fc, then it's not worth bothering and I won't

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Human Miner 125 STR = 537 Weight. With + 16 Str = 141 Str = 593 Weight limit. With 5500 ingiots in my back pack and wearing leather LRC suit my total weight is 586 Stone. I still have 7 Syones to hit the 593 Stone mark and with 100 Magery you can also get +3 Str with a bless spell. I will just stick with my Ring and Bracelet and never be over weight anyway TYVM. LOL
I agree with this. It is pointless to give +3 strength when my backpack is hard-capped to 550 stones anyway. It would make more sense if they would allow us to go over the cap for our two million.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree it is kinda pointless. These should go over cap and you should be able to get more than 1 per week. Maybe a max of 3 per week!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This must be a joke, right? I was under the impression that the dev's intended to focus on game changes that would help bring new players aboard... This sure ain't it folks.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems like a decent gold sink to me that the richer folks can use.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is an absurd price, especially if its not a cap breaker.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok before I go off on how wrong this all is ..... after all it isn't implemented yet...

I have to ask you all..... Exactly what do you think they OUGHT to do to bring new players onboard???..... and the stickler to that is remember they are a team of VERY few folk so keep to the K.I.S.S. mode.

Just let them know what you think might bring back old players and bring much needed new players into UO.

Honestly I really can't think of much of anything that they can do without anything short of a miracle. I mean maybe if they had a FULL team of developers and artists that are of the quality and caliber NEVER before seen from EA maybe they might be able to pull of a massive overhaul of the game like it deserves.... however since we all KNOW that isn't going to happen then we are stuck with what can be done by the skeleton crew we have consisting of a select few who REALLY love the game and some who have no idea what UO really means to it's players.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some of that sounds scary... hope its not overcaping i'm looking at you, +1 FC

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an FYI that the 2m price isn't what each individual would pay, it's the cost to the entire City treasury. After the City buys the buff it's free to citizens of that city so long as they are respected. I'm not going to go into too much more detail on how the entire system works being this is the spoiler thread and all, but did want to clear that up. When the system is ready we'll release more details.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI that the 2m price isn't what each individual would pay, it's the cost to the entire City treasury. After the City buys the buff it's free to citizens of that city so long as they are respected. I'm not going to go into too much more detail on how the entire system works being this is the spoiler thread and all, but did want to clear that up. When the system is ready we'll release more details.
Interesting.

-Galen's player

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I thought.

Thanks for changing the title to something better, by the way :)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now all the NPCs can say, "Shine ya shoes Guvnah'?" as you walk by.....hehehehe
Are some of these going to stack overcap? Say i'm already capped 45hc will this boost me to 50? Say i'm at the hpr cap of 18 will this overcap me to 20?

I'd rather see it costing something per player than having to be respected.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i agree, this trade thing is lame.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mages need fc3 to be competitive with dexxers - after an explosion fs, dexxers just run offscreen and bandage so you can never kill them - even with fc3, it'd still be hard

what you guys are afraid of is fc4 which, when combined with cheat programs, worked more like fc5 and the cheaters could get off 5 or 6 spells before you even knew what hit you with 1 keystroke - that's not what I'm advocating here (I can remember running in the house and checking my journal after meeting one of those guys and saw a whole list of spells that he cast that didn't even have time to show up above his name - it was crazy)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok before I go off on how wrong this all is ..... after all it isn't implemented yet...

I have to ask you all..... Exactly what do you think they OUGHT to do to bring new players onboard???..... and the stickler to that is remember they are a team of VERY few folk so keep to the K.I.S.S. mode.

Just let them know what you think might bring back old players and bring much needed new players into UO......
I think responses to this would get lost in this thread, Mal... But you could start a new one.
Vendor search would be my suggestion, again...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For any Crafter out there I will gladly make you Ring/Bracelet Set +16 Str/+16 Dex/+16 Int/20 Magery for the cheap price of 2M each, now that would be a nice chunk of profit. These are the Jewels that all 5 of my crafters wear (I hate swapping skills) and unless I run into a Mage and get cursed I can never become overweight.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean, we have no idea how this functions yet. Maybe it's a collective bargain type thing where money comes into the associated town, the Governor makes a trade deal that affects all citizens of the town, and if you're respected, you get the perk?

I mean, yes, if it's 2,000,000 for a week for each player who wants to take advantage of it... umm... well, it's a gold sink and nothing more. Might be effective too, as none of it has a huge impact on anything, but would be a little boost for those with money to spare.

*shrugs*

Not really anything to get all worked up over, but I suppose we'll have to exercise our panties getting into a bunch anyway.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

this costs 2 million a week to make food products that gives a +5 Hit points.
This will be profitable for a few people on higher populated shards but would do poorly on less populated shards.

This should be scratched or how about selling an ingredient (that stacks) which costs a lot as the pies do?

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean, we have no idea how this functions yet. Maybe it's a collective bargain type thing where money comes into the associated town, the Governor makes a trade deal that affects all citizens of the town, and if you're respected, you get the perk?

I mean, yes, if it's 2,000,000 for a week for each player who wants to take advantage of it... umm... well, it's a gold sink and nothing more. Might be effective too, as none of it has a huge impact on anything, but would be a little boost for those with money to spare.

*shrugs*

Not really anything to get all worked up over, but I suppose we'll have to exercise our panties getting into a bunch anyway.
If this is a gold sink than the gold will have to come from the players in one form or another. How we do not know yet, they always like to hide the hows from us. A new player will never use this because they can't afford it and no city loyality. A rich player will never use it because as you pointed out it gives no meaningful impact. That is a fail on both sides.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this costs 2 million a week to make food products that gives a +5 Hit points.
This will be profitable for a few people on higher populated shards but would do poorly on less populated shards.

This should be scratched or how about selling an ingredient (that stacks) which costs a lot as the pies do?
If you are a PvPer or PvMer fighting high end MOBs/PvPers and you can't get it done with the Hit Points you have than +5 HP aint gonna do squat. New players will not use this, no money/loyality. The middle class will not use it because of the money and maybe loyality. No high end PvPer/PvMer will need this because if they do then they built thier template wrong to begin with. Fail on all sides. Nobody is going to throw 2M in the trash can.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so my understanding is that the leaders of a town choose what to spend the town's treasury funds on, so if they have enough they can pay the 2 million for each stat and all those stats are then available to the city's loyal citizens. If they have less then they need to choose what stats etc they offer. And it's up to the other loyal citizens to ensure their city has the necessary gold to maintain them. So in effect we all pay what we want into the city, not 2 million each per week. Well, unless your city is so unloved that it's just you who is loyal there lol. The less popular towns would require more from each citizen, those with a lot of loyal players are going to be able to offer everything and have change left over for ale and cake :D

I'd like to see this idea at least extended to offer crafting bonuses or some actual crafter love so there is something a little more "RP" about aligning with a guild. Though I wouldn't ask for gold in that instance, I'd say raw materials instead. So rather than 2 million gold, you can use wood, ingots etc. So a crafter can donate to the city and benefit from that relationship.

I don't want stats, but I would like to align my crafters to a city and join their guilds for some trade bonus, because that just sounds cool as heck to me. Doesn't have to be a big deal bonus, I don't want uber power. Just something around the "nice" level :D Mostly because I used to join trade guilds as a newbie and always wondered why that system wasn't used.

We could also extend it further with quests we obtain from the guild reps in each town, for other little rewards. Again, nothing major just something fun.

*secretly hoping I've touched on some upcoming sekret dev planz lol*

Wenchy

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would run this through Urban Legends to check authenticity, but will instead consider it real. The cost would be pennies on Atlantic or GL, as high as nickels on some shards and dollars on Siege Perilous. Either way, if buys only a week, I don't think it is worth the effort. Since this publish is a "throw it against the wall to see what sticks" effort, with much room for adaption, I predict changes to this function or a fall to the cutting room floor.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are a PvPer or PvMer fighting high end MOBs/PvPers and you can't get it done with the Hit Points you have than +5 HP aint gonna do squat. New players will not use this, no money/loyality. The middle class will not use it because of the money and maybe loyality. No high end PvPer/PvMer will need this because if they do then they built thier template wrong to begin with. Fail on all sides. Nobody is going to throw 2M in the trash can.

If it is a food product then it can be sold. The shop keeper buys the high cost of maintenance and passes the cost into his product. I thought that was fairly clear

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it is a food product then it can be sold. The shop keeper buys the high cost of maintenance and passes the cost into his product. I thought that was fairly clear
Care to show us where you get this from when the spoiler says
This will cost the Player/City 2M and NO WHERE does it say you get to make these and sell them to players. The Chef makes/bakes a pie and you eat it, you don't even get to take the pie home. You do not get his recipe for the pie, you just get the pie. I used pie because we all like pie.

Last edited:

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I think you SHOULD put a weekly overcap purchase on the website. Who wouldn't pay 25 cents a week exdtra to have 2 more mana regen on their suit? I would... If I could get +1 fc on any character I wanted for a week? I'd pay 25 cents a week for that... You guys are crazy if you don't do that... Seriously. People will pancake up a storm about it, but those same people will pay for it when they see the value of it. 90 percent of the people commenting in this thread have no idea what they're talking about. None of them are looking at it from the perspective of "UO is dying and needs a kick in the pants." If event 5 percent of players bought buffs for their characters at 25 cents a week... that's probly a significant cash infusion into the EA pocketbook, and probly a very large attaboy on Monday from an executive at EA. Then there's the server longevity factor that ups a bit after the cash infusion. ;) I say think it out a bit, add the town loyalty *YAWN* factor for the whiners, then put a few really good buffs on the websites for a cheap weekly price so the more hardcore among us can really tweak out some high end suits. But only ONE BUFF PER CHARACTER PER WEEK. To start anyways. Great idea, but don't dumb it down because the noobs are whining. Comon! Show you got a pair.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is a gold sink than the gold will have to come from the players in one form or another. How we do not know yet, they always like to hide the hows from us. A new player will never use this because they can't afford it and no city loyality. A rich player will never use it because as you pointed out it gives no meaningful impact. That is a fail on both sides.
And the roleplayers like me might love it.

I'm pretty excited about this all, actually.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After giving this days worth of thought... I conclude that this is a bad idea and not worth the code time it would take to make it happen. Reason 1 is its rather redundant at this stage of the game. As was pointed out with caps set and items that can be had not much of it is usefull to warrent it.
You want to make gold sinks..... so many here have turned in ideas up the kazoo for them. Try one of the many ideas players have asked for over the years. This is plain dumb waste of time for a Dev to do.
Ultra Rare deco on a npc priced in the hundreds mills would take it out a hell of alot faster then this.
or
what was once a good idea was the offering of keep or caslte plots in malas ............ now though there are so many spots open on the regular facits of the shards for this that to be quite honest i doubt many would jump at them now. (this doesnt include the players of Atlantic)
There is so many things to eat up gold that the Dev have botched up it is not funny any more.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it says "The Society of Cooks and Chefs offer their hearty recipes"

recipes are for making things
When a Chef offers you a recipe that does not mean you get the recipe itself. By giving you a pie made from the recipe is the same as offering it to you. If that were the case then you could make a ton of these b4 you no longer remember the recipe (1 week) and eat them, 1 a week for the same gain and pay nothing for it. That is not IMHO how this will work. Now we could both be right and we could both be wrong. Until the DEVs release the info on how this will all work we can only guess and we al know how the DEVs love to drop hints like this and give no info at all.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This community is hilarious you have no idea exactly what this is yet..but still have already grabbed your torches and pitchforks..
Exactly we hardly know a thing about this system and already people are saying its terrible! At least wait until we have more info to bash it! Personally I see some potential in this idea but need to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.