• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM, UOCartographer, EC Tips, SA Map Links and UOTH Here!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Map Programs

UO Cartographer (In Beta!)

UO Cartographer is a user created replacement for the no longer updated UO Auto Map.

Download it here: http://uo.stratics.com/sigs/uocartographer.zip

UO Auto Map

UO Auto Map is no longer supported however you can still download it, When you install it and it asks to update the maps SELECT NO otherwise it will not operate properly.

Download it here: (uoam dot net no longer exists, and takes you to a fake site that tried to scam you into paying for support - Basara)
Backup download here: Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards :: View topic - Safe Download Links for UO Utilities

New Treasure.map file for UOAM & UO Cartographer

Basara has kindly put together a new file that allows you to display SOS & TMap spots on UOAM or UO Cartographer.

See Reply #45 below for most current version notes and download link.

Treasure Spots for UO:SA Client Map

Marochka has kindly put together a file which will allow you to display TMap spots on the inbuilt map on the new SA client.

Download it here: T map for Stygian Abyss client

Ultima Online Treasure Hunter Tools

A user created program to input and save map locations.

Download it here: Ultima Online Treasure Hunter Tools - CodeProject

EC CLIENT TIPS

The new treasure maps are not rotated 45 degrees like the radar making it harder to find them. This can be solved by doing the following:

Step 1:

Go to where EC is installed and then into the Source folder within the user interface you use for example:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Copper_Enhanced\Source

Step 2:

Open radarwindow.lua and or mapwindow.lua and change the line 'mapwindow.rotation' from 45 to 0.

Remember to save a copy of the file incase something goes wrong.

Thanks to Storm for this tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

EveningKiss

Re: UOAM, UOCartographer, SA Map Links and UOTH Here!

I tried the cartographer's script but cant get it to work. what am i doing wrong?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A few notes for returning users concerning UOAM & UO Cartographer

1. UO Cartographer requires UOAssist (in at least its trial mode - even if the trial's expired) to function for the Classic Client. I seem to remember UOAM having some functions that helped as well.
There is another small mod that has to be done to the enhanced client to get it to run properly, but that mod was included in nearly all custom user interfaces (such as Copper Enhanced). With the demise of UOCart's support, I'm not sure if that's longer the case.

2. Player Houses stopped appearing in UOAM close to a decade ago. It was a side-effect to changes made to the servers on EA's end, I believe either for Mondain's Legacy or Kingdom Reborn (the mostly broken version of what would later become Stygian Abyss and the Enhanced Client, rushed into production when it should have still been in closed alpha because EA Japan promised retailers a physical boxed set on the shelves (none of the rest of the world got a physical product) before the end of 2Q 2007).

3. In case you missed it in other FAQs, T-Maps' locations are now totally random (can be any land not in a guard zone or dungeon), and across all facets, not just Trammel & Felucca. Note that if you got one of the bugged Ilshenar maps years ago, it's a RARE (and has been given indicators to - sell it, don't use it). As such, the original coordinates files (and runebooks to them) are only useful as shortcuts. See Basara's post further down about a method to create new files on an as-needed basis). Note that Mining is back to being important for digging chests if you're not really good at map interpretation.

4. Tying into 3, there's an item called "Davies' Locker" that acts as a T-Map/SOS home storage item (so they don't take up your secures). The locker has the added benefit of giving you the coordinates of decoded maps and open SOS in degrees (minutes not shown), which can be used to populate UOAM/UOC .map files manually (or with the spreadsheets referred to in other posts). Note, however, that the spreadsheet method is currently only good for Trammel & Felucca.

Last edited:
T

Trixrnt4kids

Now that the snow is gone, how do I remove it from my UO Cartographer map?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
have it rebuild your maps - you'll have to do that again in a month or two, anyway.

Rebuild is in the options menu - right click on UOC when it's running for the context menu

L

LoL/Sonoma

The tip for the EC doesnt work for me. Whenever i change the radar file, the EC redownloads the latest patch and rewrites the file. =(

Also, does anyone know if the THB map on stratics (UO Stratics - Treasure Hunters of Britannia) is broken? I have the latest Java but can't click the map. It was working a month or two ago ...

Thanks!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The tip for the EC doesnt work for me. Whenever i change the radar file, the EC redownloads the latest patch and rewrites the file. =(

Also, does anyone know if the THB map on stratics (UO Stratics - Treasure Hunters of Britannia) is broken? I have the latest Java but can't click the map. It was working a month or two ago ...

Thanks!
Do this use the command action and input the following lines one for 45 and 1 for 0
/script MapWindow.Rotation = 0

for the atlas and

/script RadarWindow.Rotation = 0

for the Radar.

then you can just hit the button and it will tilt it for you

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UoCartographer is no longer working for me. It shows the maps, but fails to track my locations. :(

I

ibslingshot

i can not get either one to work for me now. grrrr. they worked fine the other day. fresh install and it all falls apart.

R

risksdaelf

If you are having problems with UOCart and you are in Windows Vista or Windows 7 make sure you are opening UOCart in Admin mode.

P

PrincessButterfly

I have UOC, but all it gives me is a black screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling before, but that didn't help. Today I came here to see what was going on, and clicked on the link that was given to download, but it takes you to something other than UOC. Can anyone help? Mine worked fine a few days ago, then I put in coordinates for an SOS and it all went black...Hopefully I'm not the only one having these problems

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
try making sure that under options you have the path to the EC or the cc input and checked ?

S

Shinners

I attempted to download it and when i did it says cannot locate maps and all i got is black screen i have windows 7 and ran it as admin and same outcome? any ideas?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I attempted to download it and when i did it says cannot locate maps and all i got is black screen i have windows 7 and ran it as admin and same outcome? any ideas?
Did you direct it to your UO client? like c:/program files/electronic arts...

It sounds like it cannot find the client to locate the maps. If you are using the classic client you will need to run uo assist to get it to work. It doesn't have to be hooked to your account, you just need to start uo with it. If you are using the EC, make sure you also click the 2 boxes for telling it to use the EC.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else having issues trying to download UOCart? When I try to use the link posted at the beginning of this thread I get a blank browser window. Other websites that have links take me to a Apis Networks page. Is this residual from the Stratics drop last week or is this a seperate issue?

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know where I can go to download UOCart?

Cain

Retired UO Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else having issues trying to download UOCart? When I try to use the link posted at the beginning of this thread I get a blank browser window. Other websites that have links take me to a Apis Networks page. Is this residual from the Stratics drop last week or is this a seperate issue?

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know where I can go to download UOCart?
I saved the program through the link at the beginning of this thread just fine in both IE9 and Chrome. It did bring up a blank page but I also got the download pop-up. Maybe try right clicking the link and choose "save target as", that worked for me as well.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen people, if you have Win7, you will continue to get a black screen if you do not right click the uocart icon and select "Run as Administrator" . Trust me, it works fine.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Listen people, if you have Win7, you will continue to get a black screen if you do not right click the uocart icon and select "Run as Administrator" . Trust me, it works fine.
Actually it's vista and win7 that it needs to be run as admin and he even said he ran it as admin. If it is saying that it cannot locate maps then my money is that it wasn't directed to the UO client.

Make sure that this is filled out:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember that in UOAM we were able to see all houses on the map. I'm now using UoCartographer (which works just fine) but it doesn't show houses like UOAM did...

Is there any way to get UoCartographer to display house outlines like UOAM did?

:(

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just downloaded UOAM which works - but doesn't show house plots (like what you see in the UO Radar map (see image below).

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
UOC does not and I know people were asking about it in the original thread but the author has since gone MIA and it was never put in.

Since UOAM no longer updates, that may be why the houses are not showing up. I have not used UOAM in a long time due to the errors and crashes that I with it.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOC does not and I know people were asking about it in the original thread but the author has since gone MIA and it was never put in.

Since UOAM no longer updates, that may be why the houses are not showing up. I have not used UOAM in a long time due to the errors and crashes that I with it.
Hmmm, a shame - that was useful when it worked. Oh well, thx for the info Lestat...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did the d/l from the link, saved target instead of running it and then ran it. After that i was confused for awhile and then figured a few things out. I'm using win7, the EC client, and Pincos UI.

The black screen everyone is getting is actually the UOC screen. Right click on it to get the different things you can do...like setting up where your folders are so it knows where to look! One of the problems is that UOC is looking in the "program files" and not in the "program files (x86)" (which is the default loading when using win 7) so it knows where stuff is and where it's supposed to load stuff. Once I figured out that the blank black screen was actually the UOC screen and right clicked on it, the rest of the setup became easy.

Good luck and if you have any other questions, post them soon, I just got mine setup and running today, so it's fresh in my mind, lol.

Good luck,

Mac

K

kleos

Do this use the command action and input the following lines one for 45 and 1 for 0
/script MapWindow.Rotation = 0

for the atlas and

/script RadarWindow.Rotation = 0

for the Radar.

then you can just hit the button and it will tilt it for you
I must be doing this wrong, I put those commands in and it does nothing when I push the buttons I created.

I had forgotten how spoiled we were with fixed locations.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
are you using pinco's ui? If so it already has a tilt map option built into the map!

have you tried opening and closing the map window?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
also
/script MapWindow.Rotation = 45

/script RadarWindow.Rotation = 45

K

kleos

I'm not used to the EC, I'm just having a rough time finding the spot to dig, so i'm trying everything. I'll try pinco's next.

I may wind up putting mining on the template. I had mining on my original thunter back in the day as well. I remember being terrible at this before everyone had the spots marked.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I recommend putting mining 100 on at least to start until you get used to it!

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not used to the EC, I'm just having a rough time finding the spot to dig, so i'm trying everything. I'll try pinco's next.
Howdy Kles, I posted the below in a different thread...
"At the present, I open a map and head to the general location, I take a screen shot, open that in MSPaint, zoom in, pick out some landmarks to get as close as I can ( I moved mining to a stone ) and so far, in less than 2 or 3 minutes, I'm digging."

Whichever you use, good luck.

Mac

K

kleos

Howdy Kles, I posted the below in a different thread...
"At the present, I open a map and head to the general location, I take a screen shot, open that in MSPaint, zoom in, pick out some landmarks to get as close as I can ( I moved mining to a stone ) and so far, in less than 2 or 3 minutes, I'm digging."

Whichever you use, good luck.

Mac
I actually tried that as well. The snow add another challenge to this....

Arien

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, i have installed UO Cartographer and i use the 2d Client and Windows XP. Everytime i try to start Cartographer i get only the Message that it can't locate all Maps. And then i get "can't find the Client Maps ... Map0.mul - Map5.mul". I use with Cartographer UO Assist and i can't get it to work. Has someone other the same problem with the Maps? I have tried even to copy the Maps from UOAM but that worked not.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had it running just fine, and told it to use the EC maps... Screen is now black and can't re-build because it says it can't find the maps... The CC location is correct, use EC maps is unchecked like it was when it was working (10 mins ago), but can't re-build maps now and gives the black screen...
sheesh

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how it WAS working now that I found out it was looking for map*.mul that didn't exist in the CC folder. Copied them there and it re-built fine and is working again now....:)

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure how it WAS working now that I found out it was looking for map*.mul that didn't exist in the CC folder. Copied them there and it re-built fine and is working again now....:)
Where do you find those map files at?

Sheresea Stover

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is there any chance we could get a new link to the NewTreasure.map file? I Click on the link but all I get is a 404 Error code

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a reminder

I have a Google Docs spreadsheet for creating the text for a .map file for use with UOAM/UOC. You still have to create or alter a .map file to place the text into. I didn't create it originally, but I've kept it available and modified it as time has passed.

IF YOU HAVE EXCEL OR OPENOFFICE, DOWNLOAD THE FILE FOR USE. The reason being that since multiple people can read/edit the file at the same time, you can overwrite each other and screw up each other's file making. However, you CAN use the file for its intended purpose from its cloud location - just don't accidentally overwrite any of the code. IF YOU HAVE QUATTRO (the Wordperfect suite spreadsheet software), I've got a version for it as well - just ask and I'll find a way to get it to you.

I have recently updated the sheet to have 3 pages:

• The First Sheet is the original version, for SOS coordinates as in the actual SOS. This is the most accurate
  • The Second Sheet is set up for you to enter the Degrees only. This is for entering data from a Davies' Locker, and is accurate enough that you can still fish stuff up even if you park at the point closest to 0 minutes and the SOS is near the opposite point in the 1x1 degree square. At least, I was able to fish up 60 SOS without an issue.
  • The Third Sheet is a modification of the second, for entering Trammel and Felucca TREASURE MAPS from Davies' Locker. This was done by adding a column for Tram or Fel (since the program will show the map from one facet in both). You could also use the T/F space to indicate level, if you want a really long map tag, but that's optional. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss for how to set it up for the other facets (if you can, knock yourself out and make new sheets on the shared file for the other facets).
The new link to the file is below:

MIB Coordinate Calculator for UOAM/UO Cartographer

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can we get a guide as to how to not have black maps in that updated UOAM? I managed to fix it the first time, but had to reinstall and now can't remember how I did it (and may not even have the files anymore)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a reminder - the spreadsheet file above is still there for everyone to use (online or download for use in Excel). If someone needs a version for Corel (Wordperfect) Quattro, I have that as well.