• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idoc Auction Idea (Forgive me if this has been brought up already)

Would you be in favor of IDOCS being used as a gold sink (small homes bid and large homes auctioned)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a crazy idea.... When a house falls, its loot goes into the Honesty virtue system, and all the items get scattered across its facet on the same subserver with an Honesty timer of 3 hours.

If it's junk, you can turn it in for the virtue points.
If it's not junk, you got to go scavenger hunt for it.

Either way, it's not there to block placement, and you can have battles all over the place in Fel as you go looking for it, as well as at the fall site between the people tryign to place.
I like that idea ... Would put a lot more people in fel wandering about all the time rather then one spot just for a few hours

Thx to all who are contributing to the convo in a productive manner :)
Except that one of the perks of fel idocs is that there is a focal point for people to congregate, fight, steal, etc.

spreading the idoc loot out will take that away, even if it is only on the subserver, at least a bit, i think...

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except that one of the perks of fel idocs is that there is a focal point for people to congregate, fight, steal, etc.

spreading the idoc loot out will take that away, even if it is only on the subserver, at least a bit, i think...
It would have much more people there on a more regular basis ... Sure it would get rid of a house hotspot but would also breathe life into the entire lands of Fel .. Even bringing people in who wouldnt normally go to sit at the houses for the purpose of pvp... Heck could even bring birth to new pvpers who never thought they would

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I want to touch further base on this attitude that nothing can be changed in Fel because it will kill this thing we all love called pvp .... I am sorry if everyone loves pvp as much as they claim you shouldnt need a house falling or a champ spawn to do it ... Back in the day (I am starting to feel real old by always saying that) battles happened out of the love for pvp not because there was a scroll or a house as the prize ... Instead of standing in the way and always shooting down ideas because of the effect they will have on pvp lets come up with ideas that will help bring more pvp ...

I think a lot of people who stopped pvping was because of the rampant use of cheats ... Make the playing ground fair and more people would return and those who try will stay around longer ...

Considering everyone loves pvp so much why cant the server forums be used to search out fellow pvpers on your servers and setup events , challenges and games .. Use in game books to spread the word and general chat ... Heck back in the day (there we go again) we would hold towns just for the sport of it and all that was arranged without a general chat

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to ask Honorable, do you actively search and "do" idocs?

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to ask Honorable, do you actively search and "do" idocs?
I do them here and there ... For me UO has so many things I love I am always all over the place doing lots of things ...

I enjoy idocs I really do but there are cheats that are giving people unfair advantages and I would enjoy my idea as well as others that have come up in this thread .... I think a lot of things could be fixed just by taking a firmer stance on cheating

Wait let me be a little more clear on that ... I enjoy the loot and the opening of bags and boxes and not knowing if its good , bad or really great ... The sitting around for hours no I dont enjoy that at all... does anyone at all enjoy that part ?

Last edited:

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a lot of things could be fixed just by taking a firmer stance on cheating
No kidding? This is what literally thousands of players have been saying for years. I think however that at this point banning cheaters would AT LEAST close 30% of the active accounts in game. That's what happens when problems that huge are completely ignored and allowed to thrive.

As for your statement... Ok, you've finally caught up with everyone else. Eagerly awaiting your insight on how to fix UOs real problem as opposed to imaginary ones.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No kidding? This is what literally thousands of players have been saying for years. I think however that at this point banning cheaters would AT LEAST close 30% of the active accounts in game. That's what happens when problems that huge are completely ignored and allowed to thrive.

As for your statement... Ok, you've finally caught up with everyone else. Eagerly awaiting your insight on how to fix UOs real problem as opposed to imaginary ones.
So then we let those 30% close and get the thousands back who still post asking if anything has been done about the cheating ... Yes we will lose some but we will also gain some

If you actually expect a response from me and this goes out to everyone then stop being so rude I shall not tolerate it ...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So then we let those 30% close and get the thousands back who still post asking if anything has been done about the cheating ... Yes we will lose some but we will also gain some

If you actually expect a response from me and this goes out to everyone then stop being so rude I shall not tolerate it ...
I think thousands is a bit exaggerated for one..and for two all free shards allow the 3rd party programs except for speed hacks and a pretty big one and even some allow those so I really can't justify losing 30% of people to go flood those servers and I'm sure EA doesn't like that sound of that either..

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think thousands is a bit exaggerated for one..and for two all free shards allow the 3rd party programs except for speed hacks and a pretty big one and even some allow those so I really can't justify losing 30% of people to go flood those servers and I'm sure EA doesn't like that sound of that either..
So then why are those 30% and this is just a number we are grabbing out the air ...why are they still here and not elsewhere where it is allowed .... I am sure EA doesnt like nor do the players that our game is dying and it is dying due to the cheating so why stand back and say lets do nothing so our game dies slower rather then taking the chance that it will breathe life into the game again ..... Over the years I would say thousands agree with that number or not but until you prove it wrong its as right as any number anyone comes up with

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So then why are those 30% and this is just a number we are grabbing out the air ...why are they still here and not elsewhere where it is allowed .... I am sure EA doesnt like nor do the players that our game is dying and it is dying due to the cheating so why stand back and say lets do nothing so our game dies slower rather then taking the chance that it will breathe life into the game again ..... Over the years I would say thousands agree with that number or not but until you prove it wrong its as right as any number anyone comes up with
Well ill tell ya what when the free shard sites and hacking sites have less members then stratics we can continue this convo till then let's try and focus on getting the devs fixing the issues they've created with the bug fixes..and maybe Messana can even play with cal's spreadsheet of doom

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ill tell ya what when the free shard sites and hacking sites have less members then stratics we can continue this convo till then let's try and focus on getting the devs fixing the issues they've created with the bug fixes..and maybe Messana can even play with cal's spreadsheet of doom
Ok we shall await your return till then we who wish to continue on with this convo shall by clicking the link .... I hope to see anyone else who doesnt wish to in other threads

To me the biggest bug is the cheating one and its the bug that has driven thousands and thousands of players away .... I cannot recall one person that I played with on a regular basis that said I am leaving UO because of bugs, content , lack of pvp , graphics and so forth it has always boiled down to the lack of attention to cheats ... other then real life issues of course

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh please. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them rude. And where on earth did you get the estimate of "thousands" of people who quit the game posting to ask if the cheating has stopped? I doubt you could even find a hundred of them in the last 2-3 years. Using ridiculous exaggerations to argue your point is not the way to change people's opinions. So that, coupled with overdramatic sensitivity and idle threats of not "tolerating" rudeness pretty much make your response so much nonsensical typing. So much for constructive contributions I guess.

The sad truth is that the cheaters are a significant portion of the game's paying subscriber base and for a game that is likely already struggling to remain the black, banning a large portion of the population, from a business standpoint, would be a very bad move. I don't like the cheating any more than the next guy but its far too late in the game for a fix to have an actual positive impact on the game as a whole. Also, for many players what they assume to be cheating is really just superior gameplay. I used to get accused of scripting all the time for drinking heal or cure potions during the cast time of a greater heal.

What you're also overlooking is the numerous BENEFITS that all players receive as a result of scripting. Cheaper resources is one obvious one but I assure you there are many more.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do them here and there ... For me UO has so many things I love I am always all over the place doing lots of things ...

I enjoy idocs I really do but there are cheats that are giving people unfair advantages and I would enjoy my idea as well as others that have come up in this thread .... I think a lot of things could be fixed just by taking a firmer stance on cheating

Wait let me be a little more clear on that ... I enjoy the loot and the opening of bags and boxes and not knowing if its good , bad or really great ... The sitting around for hours no I dont enjoy that at all... does anyone at all enjoy that part ?
For someone that does them "here and there" you are in danger of screwing them up for players that do them "full time" i.e thats all they do,

If you did plenty you would learn that you do NOT have to sit around for hours....

what you SHOULD be doing is insisting that the DEV team take out the cheats and 3rd party programs, like mentioned for YEARS with a daily patch that kills illegal programs, Why should the players, and the hardcore idocers have THEIR gamestyle killed off for "here and there" players and cheats
Auctions and random crap is NOT the way, idocs are just fine how they are,(well they are acceptable, the placement nerf was crap, again instead of attacking illegal cheats they made placement random,of course not OSI castle etc the cheats can still get them and are unchallenged) the lack of wanting to tackle the illegal programs in the issue here, so please push that point

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This idea has indeed been proposed before. (Or a very close variant has.)

Scripting is a problem, but there is no sphere of the game within which clever scripting and well-timed use of scripts does not pose a significant advantage.

It is possible simultaneously to oppose this idea, oppose scripting, and acknowledge that scripting is a problem, at IDOCs and elsewhere. I don't really like how the thread's somehow become this idea vs scripting, or this idea vs acknowledgement that scripting is an issue.

But the fact that scripting is an issue isn't an argument in favor of the idea; it's an argument in favor of getting rid of scripting.

To be honest though I don't like IDOC camping myself I do like the idea of it. I like the idea of clever scavenging being a viable playstyle. To replace that with what amounts to storage facility auctioning just doesn't seem right to me.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For someone that does them "here and there" you are in danger of screwing them up for players that do them "full time" i.e thats all they do,

If you did plenty you would learn that you do NOT have to sit around for hours....

what you SHOULD be doing is insisting that the DEV team take out the cheats and 3rd party programs, like mentioned for YEARS with a daily patch that kills illegal programs, Why should the players, and the hardcore idocers have THEIR gamestyle killed off for "here and there" players and cheats
Auctions and random crap is NOT the way, idocs are just fine how they are,(well they are acceptable, the placement nerf was crap, again instead of attacking illegal cheats they made placement random,of course not OSI castle etc the cheats can still get them and are unchallenged) the lack of wanting to tackle the illegal programs in the issue here, so please push that point
They lose too many accounts for it to be financially viable I expect. It's kinda 15 years too late. And, sooner or later (sooner I expect) they'd find a way around it. Pretty much every online game has cheaters. From gold farming bots to aim bots.

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scripting is a problem, but there is no sphere of the game within which clever scripting and well-timed use of scripts does not pose a significant advantage.

-Galen's player
That's not true, it will do more harm than help in pvp. It can't see the big picture and will do it's one action over and over using action timers ect.
There is a reason the top tier pvpers don't use them. Although lesser tier pvpers think they do because they can't grasp certain aspects/mechanics of the game.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not true, it will do more harm than help in pvp. It can't see the big picture and will do it's one action over and over using action timers ect.
There is a reason the top tier pvpers don't use them. Although lesser tier pvpers think they do because they can't grasp certain aspects/mechanics of the game.
Clever and well-timed use, was my exact phrase.

I had hoped to avoid having this aspect of the scripting discussion by use of that phrase, because that aspect of the scripting discussion will go nowhere. Based solely on what PvPers say here, on other boards, and in Global Chat, about themselves and about one another, cheating in all forms --including but not limited to scripting-- in PvP is like losing: Something that everyone else does, and/or that happens to everyone else.

-Galen's player

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh please. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them rude. And where on earth did you get the estimate of "thousands" of people who quit the game posting to ask if the cheating has stopped? I doubt you could even find a hundred of them in the last 2-3 years. Using ridiculous exaggerations to argue your point is not the way to change people's opinions. So that, coupled with overdramatic sensitivity and idle threats of not "tolerating" rudeness pretty much make your response so much nonsensical typing. So much for constructive contributions I guess.

The sad truth is that the cheaters are a significant portion of the game's paying subscriber base and for a game that is likely already struggling to remain the black, banning a large portion of the population, from a business standpoint, would be a very bad move. I don't like the cheating any more than the next guy but its far too late in the game for a fix to have an actual positive impact on the game as a whole. Also, for many players what they assume to be cheating is really just superior gameplay. I used to get accused of scripting all the time for drinking heal or cure potions during the cast time of a greater heal.

What you're also overlooking is the numerous BENEFITS that all players receive as a result of scripting. Cheaper resources is one obvious one but I assure you there are many more.
You sir are rude and take pride in it .. You are a keyboard warrior who I would wager would never say half the things you do without your keyboard anonymity ...not only are you rude here on the boards your private messages are unwanted
I have done the exact opposite of what you accuse in this post and thats respect peoples opinion ..

Why would we stop at 2-3 years ? Cheating has been a problem for how long so lets go all the way back to the beginning and if you dont think its been thousands lets say since stratics came about and remember there are other forums for UO then prove the number wrong dont just say its wrong because you think it is

I will take your word that you are aware of all the BENEFITS of cheating ...

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This idea has indeed been proposed before. (Or a very close variant has.)

It is possible simultaneously to oppose this idea, oppose scripting, and acknowledge that scripting is a problem, at IDOCs and elsewhere. I don't really like how the thread's somehow become this idea vs scripting, or this idea vs acknowledgement that scripting is an issue.

But the fact that scripting is an issue isn't an argument in favor of the idea; it's an argument in favor of getting rid of scripting.

To be honest though I don't like IDOC camping myself I do like the idea of it. I like the idea of clever scavenging being a viable playstyle. To replace that with what amounts to storage facility auctioning just doesn't seem right to me.

-Galen's player
Not sure what thread you are responding to because nobody has accused anyone of accepting or defending scripting because they did not like this idea ... I actually like some of the other ideas that have been proposed so where people are getting this from I am not sure ....

Clever scavenging ? Please do explain this one

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One change of IDOCs I would say would work in benefit to everyone it to have a timer on the house sign of when it's going to go in to eminent demo mode which can occur within an hour of entering it

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sir are rude and take pride in it .. You are a keyboard warrior who I would wager would never say half the things you do without your keyboard anonymity ...not only are you rude here on the boards your private messages are unwanted
I have done the exact opposite of what you accuse in this post and thats respect peoples opinion ..

Why would we stop at 2-3 years ? Cheating has been a problem for how long so lets go all the way back to the beginning and if you dont think its been thousands lets say since stratics came about and remember there are other forums for UO then prove the number wrong dont just say its wrong because you think it is

I will take your word that you are aware of all the BENEFITS of cheating ...

If it were real life I would've walked away a long time ago when I realized you don't think before you speak. People like you are not really worth arguing with as you are blind to any opinion other than your own.

I'm sorry you've mistaken directness as rudeness. In my opinion it's a virtue for people to say what they think without wasting time with idle nonsense tacked on. I'm not a "keyboard warrior," that catchy Internet phrase does not apply to me, nor does troll though you've attempted to label me with that one as well. I simply don't have a problem calling people out when they're being illogical. You fall into this category quite a bit, so that's probably why you seem to think I'm trying to personally attack you.

Majority of people (78%?) disagree with your idea, yet only my posts seem to hurt your feelings. To me that seems like a YOU problem. This is the Internet buddy, you'll find there are a lot worse people in abundance just waiting to crap on you. You're gonna need a lot thicker skin than that if you plan on making suggestions.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clever and well-timed use, was my exact phrase.

I had hoped to avoid having this aspect of the scripting discussion by use of that phrase, because that aspect of the scripting discussion will go nowhere. Based solely on what PvPers say here, on other boards, and in Global Chat, about themselves and about one another, cheating in all forms --including but not limited to scripting-- in PvP is like losing: Something that everyone else does, and/or that happens to everyone else.

-Galen's player
Well if someone said it in general chat, then that is iron clad. I could speak in general chat and say I own a space ship, that doesn't make it true. You do realize that people can be facetious and make stuff up right? Because if someone claims they run all kinds of scripts in pvp it will get other players goats since they aren't getting banned[Since said player isn't running anything, but saying they are]. It's just yet another way to troll people because they have no common sense, and will feed into it and believe anything.

There is a reason top tier players says/acknowledges that top tier players don't use them in pvp, because they don't since they do nothing but hold you back. Or maybe the majority[bad/less pvpers] don't know what they are talking about because making excuses is easier?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if someone said it in general chat, then that is iron clad. I could speak in general chat and say I own a space ship, that doesn't make it true. You do realize that people can be facetious and make stuff up right? Because if someone claims they run all kinds of scripts in pvp it will get other players goats since they aren't getting banned[Since said player isn't running anything, but saying they are]. It's just yet another way to troll people because they have no common sense, and will feed into it and believe anything.

There is a reason top tier players says/acknowledges that top tier players don't use them in pvp, because they don't since they do nothing but hold you back. Or maybe the majority[bad/less pvpers] don't know what they are talking about because making excuses is easier?

*sighs*

The intent of my post was rather clear.

Attempting to explain myself further in essence drags me into the muck of smack-talking, I know from experience that attempts at further clarification will be taken as smack-talking, and not wanting to do this is a very, very good portion of the reason I gave up on Felucca more-or-less entirely.

-Galen's player

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is absolutely no need for the mythical 'gold sink' and idocs work fine as is. Whats your issue?

Dryad enforced no combat zones in Fel? What are you smoking?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs*

The intent of my post was rather clear.

Attempting to explain myself further in essence drags me into the muck of smack-talking, I know from experience that attempts at further clarification will be taken as smack-talking, and not wanting to do this is a very, very good portion of the reason I gave up on Felucca more-or-less entirely.

-Galen's player
No offense but when you say "I gave up on Felucca more-or-less entirely" can you please include that to mean not ever trying to comment on felucca or anyhting pvp related on these boards also?

Its kinda insulting to those of us that havent given up on anyhting and still do pvp in felucca regularly.

Again, no offense but your so-called fel/pvp knowledge appears to be quite outdated and extremely biased :(

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense but when you say "I gave up on Felucca more-or-less entirely" can you please include that to mean not ever trying to comment on felucca or anyhting pvp related on these boards also?

Its kinda insulting to those of us that havent given up on anyhting and still do pvp in felucca regularly.

Again, no offense but your so-called fel/pvp knowledge appears to be quite outdated and extremely biased :(
I base what I say on experience and observation. In other words, on evidence. Not on the deeply-held, deeply-needed beliefs of others.

I guess that's "bias."

This came up because I generically said scripting can be an advantage in any aspect of the game, and the use of scripts at house campings shouldn't be used to bolster what is otherwise a bad idea.

Someone else jumped in with "not in PvP!" Which is a ridiculous notion. I countered that ridiculous notion.

-Galen's player

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I base what I say on experience and observation. In other words, on evidence. Not on the deeply-held, deeply-needed beliefs of others.

I guess that's "bias."

This came up because I generically said scripting can be an advantage in any aspect of the game, and the use of scripts at house campings shouldn't be used to bolster what is otherwise a bad idea.

Someone else jumped in with "not in PvP!" Which is a ridiculous notion. I countered that ridiculous notion.

-Galen's player
Still waiting to hear about whats "clever scavenging"

People sit and wait for a house to fall and then pick stuff up this is not a playstyle nor anything clever about it .... This idea that IDOCS in its current form should never be changed is not a perfect idea and is quite frankly gaining from other peoples hard work(unless they got everything from IDOCing in that case it was nothing) ... Sitting and watching a screen and doing nothing shouldnt reward so greatly as it does

So I could really do nothing but IDOCS and become far more wealthier and faster then say questing , killing mobs and ect . you know using skills that we train up

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

People sit and wait for a house to fall and then pick stuff up this is not a playstyle nor anything clever about it .... This idea that IDOCS in its current form should never be changed is not a perfect idea and is quite frankly gaining from other peoples hard work(unless they got everything from IDOCing in that case it was nothing) ... Sitting and watching a screen and doing nothing shouldnt reward so greatly as it does

So I could really do nothing but IDOCS and become far more wealthier and faster then say questing , killing mobs and ect . you know using skills that we train up
Who are you to define what is a 'playstyle' ??

You really have made no sense at all in this entire thread.
Dryad enforced no combat zones in Felucca is one of the most clueless and poorly thought out ideas I have ever heard. And that is saying alot on these boards.

You have issues because you think that you arent using trained up skills at idocs?
Thats almost too ridiculous to comment on.
You dont get a share of any good idoc loot in felucca if you dont know how to fight and/or defend yourself using skills you have trained up. The few idocs that do fall un-noticed rarely have anything of value in them. Theres a reason they fall un-noticed.

If I had the patience to play my Sampire with average gear 2 hours a day I could make well over 100 million gold per month just vendoring and imbuing the items I looted. I could do this with little knowledge of game mechanics and zero risk in Trammel.
What really is your point about idocs not being clever?

The saddest thing though is that you seem to honestly think that "questing , killing mobs and ect . you know using skills that we train up" is clever and takes any skill at all.
If i logged a sampire into Tram Shame I could set enough legal macros that my cat could fall asleep on my keyboard and kill the Unbounds for hours on end.
I truly feel sorry for you if you think anything different.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who are you to define what is a 'playstyle' ??

You really have made no sense at all in this entire thread.
Dryad enforced no combat zones in Felucca is one of the most clueless and poorly thought out ideas I have ever heard. And that is saying alot on these boards.

You have issues because you think that you arent using trained up skills at idocs?
Thats almost too ridiculous to comment on.
You dont get a share of any good idoc loot in felucca if you dont know how to fight and/or defend yourself using skills you have trained up. The few idocs that do fall un-noticed rarely have anything of value in them. Theres a reason they fall un-noticed.

If I had the patience to play my Sampire with average gear 2 hours a day I could make well over 100 million gold per month just vendoring and imbuing the items I looted. I could do this with little knowledge of game mechanics and zero risk in Trammel.
What really is your point about idocs not being clever?

The saddest thing though is that you seem to honestly think that "questing , killing mobs and ect . you know using skills that we train up" is clever and takes any skill at all.
If i logged a sampire into Tram Shame I could set enough legal macros that my cat could fall asleep on my keyboard and kill the Unbounds for hours on end.
I truly feel sorry for you if you think anything different.
And who are you to define a playstyle yourself ?
The no combat zone was if there was an auction why would there be combat ...

So let me get this straight you play the game to pvp and yet you can find no pvp but IDOCS ....
Sounds to me like you should sit down and come up with some ideas on how to encourage more pvp on your server

Also my question still goes unanswered what makes IDOCS so grand ?
Also why does the game need no gold sink ?
Come on now explain your opinions if you are goin to voice em

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is absolutely no need for the mythical 'gold sink' and idocs work fine as is. Whats your issue?

Dryad enforced no combat zones in Fel? What are you smoking?
There is no need for a gold sink lol And I make no sense lol

Do me a favor take a glass and put it under your faucet and turn on the water and tell me what happens .... No need for a gold sink lol Ok that made this whole thread so worth it

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I guess that's "bias."

-Galen's player
No the notion was top tier pvpers don't use it, there is a big difference so make sure you accurately state what was said. As I said ironically enough it's the bad players who are relying on them, yet they blame the good players because they can't understand/master how to get that good.

Also the biggest problem was scripts placing as soon as houses fel, which is impossible now. In addition in fel a script that would try to pick things up from an idoc can get you killed. Again it's picking up items which is taking up your action timer. Again scripts are busy doing the one function and not worried about anything else. You attack said player while he's doing that and he dies.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then do tell me what is so right about IDOCS ?
Why is there no need for gold sinks ?
What you want is a rich get richer set up. They could afford to buy whatever plots they want. Why should that be the case? If someone wants to check on a house for days and then sit at their computer till it falls, whats the problem with that. Especially when it's IDOC most will wait there for the entire duration. To the victor goes the spoils imho.

There also is a big difference between no need for gold sinks, and the only suggestion being idocs. No one is suggesting gold sinks shouldn't exist. They are suggesting that idocs shouldn't be changed to a gold sink. That's two different things.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you want is a rich get richer set up. They could afford to buy whatever plots they want. Why should that be the case? If someone wants to check on a house for days and then sit at their computer till it falls, whats the problem with that. Especially when it's IDOC most will wait there for the entire duration. To the victor goes the spoils imho.

There also is a big difference between no need for gold sinks, and the only suggestion being idocs. No one is suggesting gold sinks shouldn't exist. They are suggesting that idocs shouldn't be changed to a gold sink. That's two different things.
Read the guys post he says there is no need for gold sinks

"There is absolutely no need for the mythical 'gold sink' and idocs work fine as is. Whats your issue?"

And your opinion is respected just not agreed with =)

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's fine, however the majority agrees it's not a good change, so your opinion is respected just not agreed with by the majority.

I don't think the majority would have a problem with a gold sink, however as it stands I think the biggest one in game is Tithing. There has not been a good proposal for a gold sink, including this one.

I'm all for the price in things coming down since the value of gold would go up though.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's fine, however the majority agrees it's not a good change, so your opinion is respected just not agreed with by the majority.

I don't think the majority would have a problem with a gold sink, however as it stands I think the biggest one in game is Tithing. There has not been a good proposal for a gold sink, including this one.

I'm all for the price in things coming down since the value of gold would go up though.
Majority of who have voted sure I can agree with that

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read the guys post he says there is no need for gold sinks

"There is absolutely no need for the mythical 'gold sink' and idocs work fine as is. Whats your issue?"

And your opinion is respected just not agreed with =)
You are an utter fool bud :(

You ask for a 'gold sink' as if you understand basic economics. You keep using the words without even knowing what they mean. It is laughable.
You are like the proverbial stoned hippy waving a 'world peace' sign at some generic rally that he stumbled onto.

UO has no economic crisis at all. It is an extremely stable virtual economy and there are many things in place which help to keep it healthy.

Inflation and debt are not even a factor.

*shakes head*

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are an utter fool bud :(

You ask for a 'gold sink' as if you understand basic economics. You keep using the words without even knowing what they mean. It is laughable.
You are like the proverbial stoned hippy waving a 'world peace' sign at some generic rally that he stumbled onto.

UO has no economic crisis at all. It is an extremely stable virtual economy and there are many things in place which help to keep it healthy.

Inflation and debt are not even a factor.

*shakes head*
No gold sink ROFL

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No gold sink ROFL
Nice job bud :)

You have proposed such a ridiculous idea that in 3 pages of responses you have had only 2? people not completely bash it. While at the same time you had multiple people call you an idiot or a 3rd grader. Well done.

And you have also at the same time proven that you have no idea how what a 'gold sink' is or how an economy actually works.

:next:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job bud :)

You have proposed such a ridiculous idea that in 3 pages of responses you have had only 2? people not completely bash it. While at the same time you had multiple people call you an idiot or a 3rd grader. Well done.

And you have also at the same time proven that you have no idea how what a 'gold sink' is or how an economy actually works.

:next:
"There is absolutely no need for the mythical 'gold sink' and idocs work fine as is. Whats your issue?" ROFL

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this can get locked, it was a land slide not for it.

If you want to come up with a gold sink, back to the drawing board. This just was not a crowd pleaser, plain and simple.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could always just not read it then? Or post in effort to get is locked :/ good choice...
or stick with the current 2 people arguing back and forth off topic without even actually addressing each others comments and one actually just posting the same reply over, and over, and over.....

yeah, this has turned into one productive thread.....:coco:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Sorry but you have no idea

it is not a playstyle to you , because you don't do them, "here and there" DOES NOT qualify, just because you don;t like "sitting around" you want a free dinner table, like everything in this game you need to learn and get better, unless you want o go to the guantlet and have the DF waiting for you with an orny on an outstretched paw?

when you have done 1200+ idoc like myself for example then you are worth listening to in this topic, you have no idea and i fear that some people and maybe even the DEV's will listen to this rubbish, you obviouslt don;t like idocs, or more probable get sod all from them and its toy throwing time, or green eyed monster time, lets mess it up for others
my advice, give up idocs, anyone what has done many, and enjoy the rush and exploring will close ranks here, as i have seen for years to protect thier gamestyle

Like i say, if you sit around for hours on ends, like i see with so many other players, means you have much to learn
I find it so pathetic that a player that does idocs here or there and does not understand of want to give it time thinks its acceptable to change it all to suit

GO DO SOMETHING ELSE

Status
Not open for further replies.