• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idoc Auction Idea (Forgive me if this has been brought up already)

Would you be in favor of IDOCS being used as a gold sink (small homes bid and large homes auctioned)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even think an IDOC looter is logical in all honesty now that I'm sitting here bored thing of UO related scripts..on a Saturday mind you! I think what exactly makes a IDOC looter logical..ok it runs around insta checks boxes chests bag insta loots gold/checks/deeds? I'm confused as to how this makes sense even I know you cannot specify certain things on the forums so please feel free to PM and explain how it makes you a better IDOCer with a script even with the best PVP scripts there are many situational/timing processes that has to be human interacted no AI could ever outsmart a human brain there the software they use isn't built for it..it's impossible for it react fast enough to "know" what I'm thinking it can't track my movements and even if it could which I'm positive it can't other then some follow scripts that are very buggy and just don't work unless multiple instances are run..any "good" pvper or IDOCer will not run any kind of script it just isn't logical in that sense..now gaining skills or farming resources ok I see that it's just on dummy mode..but I thought the devs attempted to solve that by rotating resources veins..which is seeming to work seeing the drop in special resources of late..as for scripting as a whole even breaking it with patches would work for one "major" program I'm sure you all know..but with every patch..there's a much easier one that works just fine and I do admit to using it but I'm never afk I'm never farm resources/gold/special mats/or IDOCs..I use it to save myself from carpal tunnel on some of the more redundant tasks..maybe that's wrong ok but it shouldn't be banned it should be take under the wing..made legal and work together with the bright coders who created these things and have them insert fail safes to stop afk macroing which IS the issue..in case memory fails me but who remembers when UOAssist was an illegal 3rd party program Richard Garriot did the smart thing and said OK and made it work and I'm sure the owner of tugsoft.com made a good amount of money back in it hey day..don't shun those people have them help you to fix the problems cause guess what..those coders are much smarter then most of us and will find the loop hole around whatever they put in wether it be the false punk buster that has many workarounds or any other program or daily patch can offer..

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't even think an IDOC looter is logical in all honesty now that I'm sitting here bored thing of UO related scripts..on a Saturday mind you! I think what exactly makes a IDOC looter logical..ok it runs around insta checks boxes chests bag insta loots gold/checks/deeds? I'm confused as to how this makes sense even I know you cannot specify certain things on the forums so please feel free to PM and explain how it makes you a better IDOCer with a script even with the best PVP scripts there are many situational/timing processes that has to be human interacted no AI could ever outsmart a human brain there the software they use isn't built for it..it's impossible for it react fast enough to "know" what I'm thinking it can't track my movements and even if it could which I'm positive it can't other then some follow scripts that are very buggy and just don't work unless multiple instances are run..any "good" pvper or IDOCer will not run any kind of script it just isn't logical in that sense..now gaining skills or farming resources ok I see that it's just on dummy mode..but I thought the devs attempted to solve that by rotating resources veins..which is seeming to work seeing the drop in special resources of late..as for scripting as a whole even breaking it with patches would work for one "major" program I'm sure you all know..but with every patch..there's a much easier one that works just fine and I do admit to using it but I'm never afk I'm never farm resources/gold/special mats/or IDOCs..I use it to save myself from carpal tunnel on some of the more redundant tasks..maybe that's wrong ok but it shouldn't be banned it should be take under the wing..made legal and work together with the bright coders who created these things and have them insert fail safes to stop afk macroing which IS the issue..in case memory fails me but who remembers when UOAssist was an illegal 3rd party program Richard Garriot did the smart thing and said OK and made it work and I'm sure the owner of tugsoft.com made a good amount of money back in it hey day..don't shun those people have them help you to fix the problems cause guess what..those coders are much smarter then most of us and will find the loop hole around whatever they put in wether it be the false punk buster that has many workarounds or any other program or daily patch can offer..
you should try to read this post without taking a breath. its fun, but you may need help getting up off the floor when you are finished.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you should try to read this post without taking a breath. its fun, but you may need help getting up off the floor when you are finished.
I think it's 90% the alcohol the other 10% is lack of care honestly..lmao

Or maybe vice versa I haven't decided

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think scripting is only a problem in two phases of Idocs: People use scripts to FIND the houses (which is unfair, because people like me and others are running around and search... takes HOURS). And people use scripts to place directly after the house fell (in promising locations such as Luna). When it comes to looting an Idoc, scripting in Fel doesnt make any sense. As far as I know, there are people around that will kill you nevertheless, when you try looting while they are watching the stuff. In Trammel... Well, doesnt make any difference to me if I pick up my chests with my hands or with a macro... So, I would say, worst problem is those people that develop scripts to search the facets... They are lazy and have an advantage over us honest "searchers"...

By the way: Auctioning Idoc-Loot would not only give the rich people more opportunity to get more of the cake (or everything), it would kill the only true surprise factor in this game, as you never know what is inside the box :D Backpack-Drops are nothing compared to the thrill of opening the boxes in your safe lil house and find.... wohoooo... nothing.... or the jackpot!:D

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok with everyones concern over scripting and whatever else people use to gain an unfair advantage over Idocs and the need for a gold sink how about this :

Every Idoc once fully decayed would become owned by OSI and during the OSI decay which should be a set 7 days during which small homes there should be a opportunity to place a bid (you know something like buying storage units dont really know whats inside till after you buy it )and you would have so many days to remove the items then the house would decay... now for the larger homes and collections of rares there could be an auction on the items within and then the home itself ..

There could be a post on these forums and once a home reaches OSI stage they could post location so everyone could get the chance to take part and would also eliminate unfair advantages of some folks also the gold sink side could be just what is needed to dump a lot of gold out of the game

And yes this could be done in every facet including Fel just make the area of the home a no combat zone using them annoying Dryads as peacemakers :whip:
Yes, I've been in favor of this for a long time. This would keep the 'rare' items in the game but instead of distributing them among a smaller playerbase - it would take gold out of the game.

It completely cracks me up how many people sit here and say 'no, don't change IDOCs' and then in the next breath bash the economy. They are hand in hand.

Here is an example - assume you have 100 players all with 10 mil *worth* of items. When half of them quit, houses fall, and then what happens? You have 50 players now with 20 mil worth of items.

Do you feel richer? You shouldn't - because your standard of living has not changed. EVERYONE has more of everything.

Thats a huge problem with UO's economy. With 2/3 of the playerbase gone - we have the remaining 1/3 with 3times as much gold/items. This devalues everything since its no longer as rare as it used to be.

Owning a porsche is not impressive if everyone in your neighborhood has one. By making people bid/pay for IDOC's you at least remove the gold on a roughly even basis.

So assume on the 100 original idocs - you had 5o people leave and the other 50 bid on their stuff. Everyone gives up 10 mil to get 10 mil of items - so you have a net of 50 people with 10 mil of items. No difference except you don't have the plethora of gold in the system. It keeps the economy in check and removes 10 mil per player leaving as it should be.

The only other option to protect the economy is drop the houses when they quit with all items inside. I favor that as well.

Yes, I've made hundreds of millions from IDOC's but I don't think they are good for the game. They devalue everything by spreading 2x the stuff among 1/2 the playerbase. People aren't earning stuff in game and that is what the game is really about isn't it? Not dumpster diving. OR maybe it is.

Next UO expansion - Dumpster diving edition.

I mean, if this is what the game is about - then lets have EA just put one house out a week stuffed with rares and everyone can camp it and grab mad loot. If that is really what you think UO gameplay is about. SOunds like a stupid game to me.

But honestly in watching this IDOC on GL this weekend - more people have sat around waiting for this house to fall than any other area of the game. Maybe this is what UO has become. No more peerless, no more dungeon hunting, no more factions, no more arenas, just sitting around a decaying house hoping to grab pixel crack. Its rather sad actually. Maybe they should just shut this game down. There is no adventure in it.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad idea? Good idea? I don't know. Workable idea? I don't think so.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Terrible idea.

Also, you have to wait a random amount of time before you can place a house, and if you try to much you lock yourself out of the house placement tool. This was put in some time ago to prevent IDOC script placement. IDOCs are fine.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok to all those that added to the conversation in a constructive manner whether you shared my opinion or not a big thank-you

Perhaps I am wrong but what it is starting to seem to me is that this once despised subject (scripting/cheating) has become a accepted form of behavior and thats pretty sad
Guess this game has been infected by other games mentality and that too is sad
I recall a community that was not only appalled by scripting/cheating/trolls/griefers it would also police itself and these types of actions would not be tolerated
UO used to have some honor

I will never accept the fact that scripting/cheating/trolls/griefers are cool whether times change or not I am still the person behind the keyboard and I dont do those in real life or depend on the anonymity from behind a keyboard to change my mind on these things .... I was never one to put codes into game consoles neither because how can you be proud of something you achieve if its done by other means then yourself in my opinion ..

Again all this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs but isnt it much better to express your opinion in a mature fashion .... I think people then focus more on your opinion rather then other things

Last edited:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have 19 - 5 in the NO column, this idea is terrible, it takes away EVERY aspect of idocs, and what scripting is there????? Picking up items, LMAO i can go faster and more selective without a script. Placement another joke.

The ONLY thing this would do is make it so that the wealthy ones ingame could close the market on IDOCs completely - COMPLETELY hell some idiot paid 1 bil for a weapon the other day ????????

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about, instead, any IDOC which collapses spreads its items randomly throughout the city of Britain at random intervals over an hour. You never know when or where an item will show up -- boxes of items will remain boxed -- and then whammo, lucky people all over Britain have a chance to get whatever it is that was in the house. Surely would combat the scripting.

On the other hand, it does ruin IDOC camping itself, so maybe it's just done like this for anything that goes "owned by OSI."

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen this proposed before in various forms and I think it would be just as impractical to implement now as it has ever been. I do not like raining on the parade but for starters who would do the work? on all shards?, Trammel and Fel both?. You would need to employ at least one, maybe more full time for that alone. With the economy in the state it is in today that is a non-runner in itself.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd prefer if IDOC's were left the way they are honestly. It levels the field for rich and poor. Yes scripters can get an upper hand... but how to stop them I would suggest doing mini-publishes every day or every other day. That would fix the stupid ones that's for sure... those who rely on the sweat of others would be done.

Those who know the in's and out's of course would still be doing what they do... but they would have a MUCH harder time doing it. Perhaps after awhile it would become more hassle than it's worth and they would quit.

It would also end search sites. Since they populate the search using the same scripts that the scripters use. UO really needs to get it's OWN search engine in-place this would also help destroy search sites.

Another thing as for OSI owned... this is due to the vendors. So my thought is perhaps there should be a place where "lost" vendors go when a house becomes condemned. Such as the nearest bank. The Vendor owner would then go to the bank find their vendor and get rid of it... If the vendor is left "unclaimed" after say 30 days then it goes into lotto... and anyone who places a bid of say 5k on the vendor gets a lottery chance at winning it. Winners would then have 10 days to claim their prize or the vendor drops bag at the Bank and is gone. This way the house falls when it's supposed to no more hanging around for weeks and months on end waiting to drop and folk get a chance to get stuff... Or perhaps the vendors would go to say Britain bank on the Trammel or Felucca shards, the Bank in Ter Mur on Ter Mur, the bank in Zento on Tokuno and Luna bank in Malas. And at the bank they wouldn't "stand there" they would be part of the bankers inventory... And added item on their list would be "_______ the vendor" if it was your vendor you would see it, others would not. If it was up for bid you could then place bid on it. Or maybe a new NPC could be added for lost Vendors. At any rate removing them from a house when it becomes condemned would be FAR easier than having them cycle over and over and over.

This way too regardless of when the contract on the vendor runs out the owner would have 30 days to claim it. This would also stop people from using vendors to keep homes from IDOCing.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok to all those that added to the conversation in a constructive manner whether you shared my opinion or not a big thank-you

Perhaps I am wrong but what it is starting to seem to me is that this once despised subject (scripting/cheating) has become a accepted form of behavior and thats pretty sad
Guess this game has been infected by other games mentality and that too is sad
I recall a community that was not only appalled by scripting/cheating/trolls/griefers it would also police itself and these types of actions would not be tolerated
UO used to have some honor

I will never accept the fact that scripting/cheating/trolls/griefers are cool whether times change or not I am still the person behind the keyboard and I dont do those in real life or depend on the anonymity from behind a keyboard to change my mind on these things .... I was never one to put codes into game consoles neither because how can you be proud of something you achieve if its done by other means then yourself in my opinion ..

Again all this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs but isnt it much better to express your opinion in a mature fashion .... I think people then focus more on your opinion rather then other things
I think it is a bit of a leap to say that people are accepting of scripting/cheating when they do not like your proposed changes to idocs.

Akin to saying every 10 minutes, a captcha pops up on your screen, and you have to enter it correctly in order to keep playing. If you don't like this idea, you accept/support cheating.

Also, scripting is not neccesarily illegal. I could run a mining or lumberjacking script, and as long as I am at the keyboard, and can respond to a GM call, this is not illegal. The game itself (and uoassist) has macros and scripts built into it (make max on the blacksmith menu for one). The illegal part is the unattended use of scripts, macros, playing, etc.

Perhaps you do not mean that everyone here accepts cheating, but by stating things like "UO used to have some honor" and "I recall a community that was not only appalled by scripting/cheating/trolls/griefers it would also police itself and these types of actions would not be tolerated" , you are saying that now, the community as a whole accepts cheating, which I do not believe is an accurate statement.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can say for sure that I for one do NOT support cheating, cheats or scripters... but there is very little I can do about it.. other than page on them when I see it and trust me I do. I don't tolerate it but I personally can't always read the stupid little captcha things .... and besides in the middle of fighting Exodus the last thing I want is some stupid thing to pop up on my screen.

Or can you imagine in the middle of doing a champ spawn you have Reds all around you and BAM stopped by a captcha???? I think everyone would quit.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Script opens all containers in reach. Auto snatch system has a list of items to move to backpack. Simply turns your character into an itelligent Hoard Minion. I watched this game played before opening my first account. Those that got me into UO are the same type I'd have taken out and shot. Best done before they reproduce.

Storage Wars TV, Stone out front ideal. There is a method for an account to do something once. Like vote. No vote option for young or trial accounts. Stone out front has vote option of how the homes demise will be handled. (1) standard IDOC (2) Items IDOC and plot bidding war. (3) Items and plot combination bidding war. I just like more forms of goldsinks that are driven by players greed. After voting the home if needed runs normal IDOC timing. Voting Stone placement locks house to IDOC demise and makes it none public. Voting Stone placement happens before any house sign signals the account has closed.

Simple way I put out ages ago on leveling the playing ground around IDOCs. Bigger version of the champ gold splash. Have IDOCs explode and spread it's contents a few screens away. Parts of the home remain in the plot area (Rubble before there was rubble) that have to be moved to clear the area for placement. Home parts a heavier version of bagball. Scripting the containers of all the choice stuff not as easy sspread all over the countryside. And at least in fel before moving all the house rubble. The area can be reveal hidden swept. The placement bots killed before removing the homes remains for placement.

Being this is your thread use of the reply button is expected.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Captcha could run as that demon angel shoulder minion. Don't move from standard area for a time span. Pops up Captcha. I think casting only recall about 100 times in an hour would be grounds for Captcha gut check.

Loop action over a extended time peroid check should be a standard in game ability. Game senses boring gameplay and taps on the GM queing for some observation time. A least on LS there is a character whos name starts with M. Running nothing but recall spell all day. Pops up at mining areas, different less used public forges and rarely used banks. Hell I'm sure the character that recalls every few minutes under the floorboards of Papua bank is an honest player.

If UO had part time observers with fear of perma bann their base power. Random shards at random times. Game has player tracking like the party map tracking. Just have them with all players logged in big map tracker. Professor X character tracker. The ability is there to follow a player hidden and watch their backpack use. With recordings saved with the accounts bann information there will be no contesting. That accounts actions can be followed over time to also main accounts banning that profits from junk accounts ill gains. Will require the dishonest botters to pay for more accounts to maintain a good shell game. As one of theese observers the fel yew gate and champ spawns are no brainer. Add another sticky up top of reports and recording for latest banning. Have to give those casual 3rd party users the chance to remove their head from both ends of their spine.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has been said many times before but this is the way to stop 3rd party cheats, EVERY day there is a patch, only a small one, but enough to make "them" programs inoperable, then you will ALL have to go and search for idocs and check EVERY house sign, also you will have to time wait and grab BY HAND what you want and not select items on a shopping list

the dev's ALL know this, but it never happens, until that day idoc cheats will alway prosper

so forget autions and all that crap, the player who owned the house has GONE, its owned by nobody and EVERYBODY should be allowed a fair shot once they do the work into finding them

It should also be remember and respected that many players only play UO for idocs, you change their gamestyle you will lose more players, nobody has the right to say gimme gimme YOU HAVE TO FIND THEM

i did over 1200 idocs in my time and there is nothing worse than seeing the usual script cheats (we all know who they are) turn up and then have everything on a 3rd party $$$ selling site, but like on the rares trader forum in the last week, greed is blind and as long as rich players buy the ill gotten gains there is no hope

Thi is just my opinion of course, but it is an opinion like is said with 1200 idocs and 7 years experience, and not to forget the interaction with many other idoc raiders in my time

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spreadsheet anyone, the evidence was there, or supposed to be, no bans, oh but Cal did leave! shredded?

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is a bit of a leap to say that people are accepting of scripting/cheating when they do not like your proposed changes to idocs.

Akin to saying every 10 minutes, a captcha pops up on your screen, and you have to enter it correctly in order to keep playing. If you don't like this idea, you accept/support cheating.

Also, scripting is not neccesarily illegal. I could run a mining or lumberjacking script, and as long as I am at the keyboard, and can respond to a GM call, this is not illegal. The game itself (and uoassist) has macros and scripts built into it (make max on the blacksmith menu for one). The illegal part is the unattended use of scripts, macros, playing, etc.

Perhaps you do not mean that everyone here accepts cheating, but by stating things like "UO used to have some honor" and "I recall a community that was not only appalled by scripting/cheating/trolls/griefers it would also police itself and these types of actions would not be tolerated" , you are saying that now, the community as a whole accepts cheating, which I do not believe is an accurate statement.
In no way am I saying because people dont like this idea that they accept cheating ... I am refering to the fact people have said that it has become part of the game and even accepted by devs ... Like the idea or not its done its job and sparked a convo on scripting/cheating

And back in the day scripters/cheaters/trolls/griefers had consequenses in game and the forums by the community so if something that worked but is now being tolerated then that is accepting it

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Script opens all containers in reach. Auto snatch system has a list of items to move to backpack. Simply turns your character into an itelligent Hoard Minion. I watched this game played before opening my first account. Those that got me into UO are the same type I'd have taken out and shot. Best done before they reproduce.

Storage Wars TV, Stone out front ideal. There is a method for an account to do something once. Like vote. No vote option for young or trial accounts. Stone out front has vote option of how the homes demise will be handled. (1) standard IDOC (2) Items IDOC and plot bidding war. (3) Items and plot combination bidding war. I just like more forms of goldsinks that are driven by players greed. After voting the home if needed runs normal IDOC timing. Voting Stone placement locks house to IDOC demise and makes it none public. Voting Stone placement happens before any house sign signals the account has closed.

Simple way I put out ages ago on leveling the playing ground around IDOCs. Bigger version of the champ gold splash. Have IDOCs explode and spread it's contents a few screens away. Parts of the home remain in the plot area (Rubble before there was rubble) that have to be moved to clear the area for placement. Home parts a heavier version of bagball. Scripting the containers of all the choice stuff not as easy sspread all over the countryside. And at least in fel before moving all the house rubble. The area can be reveal hidden swept. The placement bots killed before removing the homes remains for placement.

Being this is your thread use of the reply button is expected.
I like these ideas a lot ! Very good thank-you much for the contribution to the convo

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To everyone else that added in a constructive manner thank-you very much :)

“If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.” The game is dying slowly but surely I would rather not say lets not make changes because it will drive people off if its broke or bad lets fix it and try to save the game and not just do nothing so it dies slower

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's clear that the majority thinks idocs should stay as they are. With the random timer to prevent script placing if you're in fel and you think someone is scripting, you can kill them.

To be honest I would like to see a small patch every day just so those who think everyone is scripting would come to the realization that those players they suspected were just better and then they would have no excuse. It would only help the better players anyways who already don't rely on such things, it would be a case of the rich get richer ad the poor get poorer for those who don't understand game mechanics and think they are needed/used by everyone.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if its in fel and you think someone is going to script the loot you can kill them, that's always a solution. You can police fel yourself.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's clear that the majority thinks idocs should stay as they are. With the random timer to prevent script placing if you're in fel and you think someone is scripting, you can kill them.

To be honest I would like to see a small patch every day just so those who think everyone is scripting would come to the realization that those players they suspected were just better and then they would have no excuse. It would only help the better players anyways who already don't rely on such things, it would be a case of the rich get richer ad the poor get poorer for those who don't understand game mechanics and think they are needed/used by everyone.
Majority that have taken the time to vote sure we can see that ...But majority in game we wouldnt know because nowhere near even half the population visits these forums ...

Thx for adding to the conversation :)

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idocs are great if u have the time to trawl the lands looking for them....to be fair its very easy to make a set of 8-10 runebooks covering the whole land for easy hopping....saves loads of time when u do it agan the next week...but if u have the time ....the rewards are amazing.....loot and castles.....and there is skill in timing the drop to perfection too........aint done any for a couple of years so i guess europa is happy....but been thinking about restarting them....we will see

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Majority that have taken the time to vote sure we can see that ...But majority in game we wouldnt know because nowhere near even half the population visits these forums ...

Thx for adding to the conversation :)
39 votes....yes we are rocking..........[.not].....Hey if you really conservative and say only 5% of the uo population use the boards [pretty sure its way way higher]...we are still in dire dire postion.....[whatever] :next:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is about 10% posts and 15% reads these boards. Most everyone I know doesn't even go to any forums for UO. They just play and ask me. They constantly think that I learn this stuff straight from the DEV's I tell them "Hey, it's on Stratics if you all would read and check the forums you'd know." But then I always get hit with "But then I have to wade thru all that other crap and the negative stuff and all that PvP stuff which I don't want to hear about." "I don't know how you find anything there its all people whining all the time." Or my personal favorite. "Isn't that cheating?" Then there are the paranoid ones. "Hey isn't that how you get hacked?!" Suppose it can be if you are dumb enough to use your same account name and password as well as email for everything then yeah it's a good way to get hacked but be smart about forums... and they will keep you informed. I always think the more people you know who play the more you will learn and know. There are plenty of players on Stratics... they just don't all play the same shards or the same way. That means that Stratics has a good broad base of different folk who had very different playstyles... making it a small but mostly fair representation of players.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To everyone else that added in a constructive manner thank-you very much :)

“If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.” The game is dying slowly but surely I would rather not say lets not make changes because it will drive people off if its broke or bad lets fix it and try to save the game and not just do nothing so it dies slower
The game has been dying slowly due to bad implementation of new content..look at pub 80 for instance they "attempted" to fix issues for the most part that either weren't issues or just something to throw on a publish and broke SOOOO much nevermind the rampant duping going on..don't be fooled IT IS!! I mean they "fixed" golems hmm ok...made some piece of candy from an event 5+ years ago not make you full..WTF! That was a bug lmao..they missed the whole point of a bug fix and broke so much ****. I'm willing to bet a (couple mil <--broke wager) that at least 15-20 people cancelled their accounts, remember not everyone in game posts here just a select few maybe 5% of UO at the MOST. It's a sad day that a lot of people are so naive to think its because of the 2D graphics or the lack of pvp or the lack of this etc etc.. It's due to VERY poor management(EA) and developing teams. Unfortunately all the fan boy/girls defend them to the last second but they ARE destroying the reason we are actually are all here Ultima Online. Sorry to semi derail your thread OP just after reading a lot of these responses on negativity towards you specifically I understand more and more why UO is a dying breed, now just for the record I think changing IDOC's is a horrible idea it doesn't change the fact how negative the majority of the 5% of UO is..just imagine if 100% of players posted here. Lol

..side note I have been negative as well on these forums at one point or another..and am NOT speaking of anyone specifically in the above statements "kinda " so before you get all butt hurt I'm just spending my last 2 cents

..FOCKER OUT!

The Griefer King

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
only thing i would like to see is a random fall in idoc stage, it can fall within 1 minute of going idoc to 7 hours. that would be cool

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only thing i would like to see is a random fall in idoc stage, it can fall within 1 minute of going idoc to 7 hours. that would be cool
I'd like to see a random timer where they could fall anytime after the 1st stage of decay.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see a random timer that lightning bolts you, shortly after you drag spawn down on those at the idoc griefer!!

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see a random timer where they could fall anytime after the 1st stage of decay.
I doubt the person who owns he house would agree, the stages of decay exist to allow fir time o fix the problem. That said, I am fully behind a random drop time after it turns IDOC, similar to he block to placement after.

The Griefer King

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not a single tear was shed, you however were reported, too bad you were not caugh I the act.
its sad you page on people in a game that is trying to stay alive. but the fact that you paged just tells me you cried to GMS. and then to make a whole post about me to try to troll me shows i am worshiped by you. your worship is noted and i got your tears in a jar

ps, the idoc was in the swamps, did it ever occur to you that all i did was invis the aggro off me when i recalled in?

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its sad you page on people in a game that is trying to stay alive. but the fact that you paged just tells me you cried to GMS. and then to make a whole post about me to try to troll me shows i am worshiped by you. your worship is noted and i got your tears in a jar

ps, the idoc was in the swamps, did it ever occur to you that all i did was invis the aggro off me when i recalled in?
Naa, you were sitting at the house and 4 times walked up to draw down spawn intentionally, you were not recalling in, several saw and paged on you. I page when people do such things that are a violation of the TOS, as noted by your name, you are a Griefer. It is a childish to do, as much so
as to believe my post trolling or worship.

This is an adult game, go play shoots and ladders kid.

The Griefer King

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Naa, you were sitting at the house and 4 times walked up to draw down spawn intentionally, you were not recalling in, several saw and paged on you. I page when people do such things that are a violation of the TOS, as noted by your name, you are a Griefer. It is a childish to do, as much so
as to believe my post trolling or worship.

This is an adult game, go play shoots and ladders kid.
haha you so mad. and i really dont grief in the game much, its just a name. but your mad your packies got killed. cry more, stop trying to troll me, this is/was never on topic with the OP. gtfo

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha you so mad. and i really dont grief in the game much, its just a name. but your mad your packies got killed. cry more, stop trying to troll me, this is/was never on topic with the OP. gtfo
No packies were killed you tool, you're even a failure in your griefing. All you accomplished was a trip with a GM, and that solved your little problem, you were a good child after that and stayed still.

Anyway I'm bored with you, it's like talking to a wall, one sided and pointless. I shall move on to more intelligent conversation.

Make sure to drink your milk before bed kiddo.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Think this thread has gotten hijacked and is now in a state of decay.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis sad but true MalagAste... Could a mod put an end to it.... Christmas should be a happy time....
Too bad this thread had high hopes of some real talking..

The Griefer King

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No packies were killed you tool, you're even a failure in your griefing. All you accomplished was a trip with a GM, and that solved your little problem, you were a good child after that and stayed still.

Anyway I'm bored with you, it's like talking to a wall, one sided and pointless. I shall move on to more intelligent conversation.

Make sure to drink your milk before bed kiddo.
a gm never talked to me at all, nice assumption. and if i was sitting still i was afk, roflmao

dont try to leave the convo with me that YOU started. i dont even know who you are tbh

Last edited:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I've been in favor of this for a long time. This would keep the 'rare' items in the game but instead of distributing them among a smaller playerbase - it would take gold out of the game.

It completely cracks me up how many people sit here and say 'no, don't change IDOCs' and then in the next breath bash the economy. They are hand in hand.

Here is an example - assume you have 100 players all with 10 mil *worth* of items. When half of them quit, houses fall, and then what happens? You have 50 players now with 20 mil worth of items.

Do you feel richer? You shouldn't - because your standard of living has not changed. EVERYONE has more of everything.

Thats a huge problem with UO's economy. With 2/3 of the playerbase gone - we have the remaining 1/3 with 3times as much gold/items. This devalues everything since its no longer as rare as it used to be.

Owning a porsche is not impressive if everyone in your neighborhood has one. By making people bid/pay for IDOC's you at least remove the gold on a roughly even basis.

So assume on the 100 original idocs - you had 5o people leave and the other 50 bid on their stuff. Everyone gives up 10 mil to get 10 mil of items - so you have a net of 50 people with 10 mil of items. No difference except you don't have the plethora of gold in the system. It keeps the economy in check and removes 10 mil per player leaving as it should be.

The only other option to protect the economy is drop the houses when they quit with all items inside. I favor that as well.

Yes, I've made hundreds of millions from IDOC's but I don't think they are good for the game. They devalue everything by spreading 2x the stuff among 1/2 the playerbase. People aren't earning stuff in game and that is what the game is really about isn't it? Not dumpster diving. OR maybe it is.

Next UO expansion - Dumpster diving edition.

I mean, if this is what the game is about - then lets have EA just put one house out a week stuffed with rares and everyone can camp it and grab mad loot. If that is really what you think UO gameplay is about. SOunds like a stupid game to me.

But honestly in watching this IDOC on GL this weekend - more people have sat around waiting for this house to fall than any other area of the game. Maybe this is what UO has become. No more peerless, no more dungeon hunting, no more factions, no more arenas, just sitting around a decaying house hoping to grab pixel crack. Its rather sad actually. Maybe they should just shut this game down. There is no adventure in it.
for one reason, and one reason alone. It is is luna.
If this was felluca, everyone would be dead. THAT is part of the game. If anything the non-fell idocs take away from my killing time.
luna houses, trammel, tokuno, all the candyland shards will always have an army of ants waiting for the fall.
for the record, the house has cycled completely through 2x already. Just about through a 3rd, and still has not fell.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a crazy idea.... When a house falls, its loot goes into the Honesty virtue system, and all the items get scattered across its facet on the same subserver with an Honesty timer of 3 hours.

If it's junk, you can turn it in for the virtue points.
If it's not junk, you got to go scavenger hunt for it.

Either way, it's not there to block placement, and you can have battles all over the place in Fel as you go looking for it, as well as at the fall site between the people tryign to place.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a crazy idea.... When a house falls, its loot goes into the Honesty virtue system, and all the items get scattered across its facet on the same subserver with an Honesty timer of 3 hours.

If it's junk, you can turn it in for the virtue points.
If it's not junk, you got to go scavenger hunt for it.

Either way, it's not there to block placement, and you can have battles all over the place in Fel as you go looking for it, as well as at the fall site between the people tryign to place.
I like that idea ... Would put a lot more people in fel wandering about all the time rather then one spot just for a few hours

Thx to all who are contributing to the convo in a productive manner :)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that idea ... Would put a lot more people in fel wandering about all the time rather then one spot just for a few hours

Thx to all who are contributing to the convo in a productive manner :)
That was a good idea. One idea i've been thinking about is to put all idoc loot into locked chests that randomly spawn though the lands. Say fel houses would spawn chests in fel, tram in tram ect ect. It would be like a treasure hunter without having cart. Possibly trap the boxes with spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.