• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Price Guide

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
75bucks a bill, just nother confirmation that there is a current gold dupe.
Actually, it doesn't "confirm" anything at all. You swing the "dupe hammer" so fast I don't believe that you think before you swing.

This person is a veteran UO player that has been around for a decade or more. I have played with him for over 5 years and know that he privately sales EM items and runs a rather large vendor house on two shards to get his gold. He sales peerless and other artifact drops along with Covetous items. (we KNOW what kind of gold these items bring nowadays.)

The last time you infered that someone was duping gold, it was another friend of mine: Outcry.

If I go to the effort to mention someone in a post, that means that I know them from first hand account or they are my friend. It is not speculation or rumor.
Furthermore, if I DID know someone that was duping, why in the world would I bring them up and cite them as an example?

Anyway, I only mentioned that he sold gold before at $75/billion because I wanted to highlight the fact that inflation is the MAIN reason that EM items and other desirable UO goods had skyrocketed. He simply wants to move gold as fast as he makes it, he undercuts every price he can find. He is $75/billion because the gold seller competition has FORCED the price to drop to record lows. Sure, people's greed has made some items sale prices rise, but that is an uncontrollable part of the free market. The part that IS controllable is that if we collectively stop paying the exorbant prices and we will see a correction, although I doubt we ever go back to prices we saw 5 years ago.

It is so easy to make gold in this game it is unreal. Forget the fact that there has been gold duped. Give me a vendor and a few hours a day and I can make a billion a month without trying hard. NOW, let's think about multiplying that by the number of people that play this game for 10 HOURS A DAY!?!!? Throw in the anonymous selling of EM items for cash... taking that cash and buying bulk gold from legitimate or non-legitimate gold sellers for the cheapest price possible... Then, don't even get me started on the people that are now selling gold thru their own mini-sites! All most of them do is buy and re-sell. They aren't playing the game to get these items, they are simply a middle-man that is making the money off the margins.

No matter if you agree with my assessment or not, no matter if you think a 'price guide' would help or if it is a waste of time, we have come to a point in UO where a huge number of those left playing are simply doing it for the 'business' of playing. I'm afraid it's a battle that we won't win. Until they make major changes to the monetary system, all of this is folly.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it doesn't "confirm" anything at all. You swing the "dupe hammer" so fast I don't believe that you think before you swing.

This person is a veteran UO player that has been around for a decade or more. I have played with him for over 5 years and know that he privately sales EM items and runs a rather large vendor house on two shards to get his gold. He sales peerless and other artifact drops along with Covetous items. (we KNOW what kind of gold these items bring nowadays.)

The last time you infered that someone was duping gold, it was another friend of mine: Outcry.

If I go to the effort to mention someone in a post, that means that I know them from first hand account or they are my friend. It is not speculation or rumor.
Furthermore, if I DID know someone that was duping, why in the world would I bring them up and cite them as an example?

Anyway, I only mentioned that he sold gold before at $75/billion because I wanted to highlight the fact that inflation is the MAIN reason that EM items and other desirable UO goods had skyrocketed. He simply wants to move gold as fast as he makes it, he undercuts every price he can find. He is $75/billion because the gold seller competition has FORCED the price to drop to record lows. Sure, people's greed has made some items sale prices rise, but that is an uncontrollable part of the free market. The part that IS controllable is that if we collectively stop paying the exorbant prices and we will see a correction, although I doubt we ever go back to prices we saw 5 years ago.

It is so easy to make gold in this game it is unreal. Forget the fact that there has been gold duped. Give me a vendor and a few hours a day and I can make a billion a month without trying hard. NOW, let's think about multiplying that by the number of people that play this game for 10 HOURS A DAY!?!!? Throw in the anonymous selling of EM items for cash... taking that cash and buying bulk gold from legitimate or non-legitimate gold sellers for the cheapest price possible... Then, don't even get me started on the people that are now selling gold thru their own mini-sites! All most of them do is buy and re-sell. They aren't playing the game to get these items, they are simply a middle-man that is making the money off the margins.

No matter if you agree with my assessment or not, no matter if you think a 'price guide' would help or if it is a waste of time, we have come to a point in UO where a huge number of those left playing are simply doing it for the 'business' of playing. I'm afraid it's a battle that we won't win. Until they make major changes to the monetary system, all of this is folly.
Ya I pretty much dont agree, if someone is selling gold for 7cents a mill there is a dupe. I am not saying he is a duper though. But that is what has driven the gold down so fast. There has been one for awhile now and othere people have pretty much confirmed it as well. I still feel the same way about some people I just cant say it any more /. And we get it, this is about the tenth time you mentioned about how glad you got out of the rares game. Funny how your still always in here though.

Last edited:

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
when /10 drops that have no effect and look like a gingerbread cookie are priced for 500million... you know you've reached the point of no return. I'm just gona sit back and watch the greedy people and laugh. What a joke and a shame. Last year these same items would probably barely hit 50-75mil; now they magically are worth 500m? Are you kidding me? lol.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I feel my bid and buyout it is high
however I am a serious collector a gingerbread cookie
I want to get a cookie that

Attachments

Last edited:

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I read some discussion
I have a reserve Price in mind About my items to sell always
I will never rush the sale on low bidding does not reach my reserve
However, if i do not get an offer to high other. I will be flexible

I might ask other collectors price guide
but determine the final price Myself

Please by taking into account that there are rival you want to get it
It depends on the people at that time

They are just say " I pay very well"
That they are actually paying well.
If we have sell items
will consider them on a priority basis to I pay very well ppl
They are pay double in order to get them quickly.
People saw the this show its maybe driving up the price
Obtain the desired item quickly but They image strategy would have been successful

Last edited:

Førsaken_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is way too much crying going on in this thread.

You do not make the prices. Supply and demand - What people are willing to pay, make the prices.

If you see an event item/rare thread and you see that the price is not to your liking, this is what you do for future reference: You respectfully PM/ICQ the seller and let them know of your offer and hope for the best. Maybe that said person will feel hmm, maybe I did price it higher and it really wasn't all that great and sell.

If that item does sell at what you consider an outrageous and greedy price, that's on the buyer, agreed?

/end

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny how your still always in here though.
Last I checked, it wasn't a requirement to be active in trading rares on the boards to make a post or have an opinion.
I still read these forums daily and broker for people, for free, quite often.

You don't know what I have in my possession or my level of activity, I simply said I was not "active".
Most of my trades are off of Stratics b/c of the drama that many others have brought to this area of the game.

I swear, it's like 'general chat' pvp double whopper with cheese talk in here now....

You're crying "duper" all of the time about fellow members of this community is what's inappropriate.

Give it a rest, it's getting old.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I checked, it wasn't a requirement to be active in trading rares on the boards to make a post or have an opinion.
I still read these forums daily and broker for people, for free, quite often.

You don't know what I have in my possession or my level of activity, I simply said I was not "active".
Most of my trades are off of Stratics b/c of the drama that many others have brought to this area of the game.

I swear, it's like 'general chat' pvp double whopper with cheese talk in here now....

You're crying "duper" all of the time about fellow members of this community is what's inappropriate.

Give it a rest, it's getting old.
Actually there were some constructive comments going in here Untill your usual cry about your glad your out and my buddy sells for 7 cents a mill. And the only thing thats getting old in here is your trolling

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can tell you guys a few things that are getting old...

Lets take this back to the constructive and leave the needless bickering to some sort of off stratics form of communication.

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There is way too much crying going on in this thread.

You do not make the prices. Supply and demand - What people are willing to pay, make the prices.

If you see an event item/rare thread and you see that the price is not to your liking, this is what you do for future reference: You respectfully PM/ICQ the seller and let them know of your offer and hope for the best. Maybe that said person will feel hmm, maybe I did price it higher and it really wasn't all that great and sell.

If that item does sell at what you consider an outrageous and greedy price, that's on the buyer, agreed?

/end
I agree, it is on the buyer. People need to wake up. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. So what... you have billions of gold to spend, so do most of us. Let's show some restraint so things can settle. My two cents...

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, but I have to say something, although this thread certainly looks very messy.

Lets not forget about the theory of SUPPLY & DEMAND.

An item can have 100 drops, but if no one is willing to sell, I am sure the price will not be cheap.

At least, to me, it is just as simple as that. :):):)
Very true, take the demonic crisis statue for instance. hundreds of them, but sells for few hundred mil now.