• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Covetous wave to points

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I cracked the Covetous turn-in points formula, or at least the way it works. The formula seems to follow a six-four-six-four loop following Wave 2.

WAVE 1-2: 0 pts each
WAVE 3-8 (6): 1 pt each
WAVE 9-12 (4): 2 pts each
WAVE 13-18 (6): 3 pts each
WAVE 19-22 (4, etc...): 4 pts each
WAVE 23-28: 5 pts each
WAVE 29-32: 6 pts each
WAVE 33-38: 7 pts each
WAVE 39-42: 8 pts each
WAVE 43-48: 9 pts each
WAVE 49-52: 10 pts each
WAVE 53-58: 11 pts each
WAVE 59-62: 12 pts each
WAVE 63-68: 13 pts each
WAVE 69-72: 14 pts each
WAVE 73-78: 15 pts each
WAVE 79-82: 16 pts each
WAVE 83-88: 17 pts each
WAVE 89-92: 18 pts each
WAVE 93-98: 19 pts each
WAVE 99-102: 20 pts each
etc...

For example WAVE 20:

WAVES 1-2 = 0 pts
WAVES 3-8 = 6 pts
WAVES 9-12 = 8 pts
WAVES 13-18 = 18 pts
WAVES 19-20 = 8 pts

WAVES 1-20 = 0 + 6 + 8 + 18 + 8 = 40 turn-in points

WAVES 1-25 = 63 points
WAVES 1-50 = 250 points
WAVES 1-100 = 1,000 points

I think if you can manage to get to WAVE 100 you probably don't need any of the arties you can get ;P.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't get points for less than Wave 3; Wave 13 gives 17 points; Wave 15 gives 23 points. Given found data points from 2-42, the ranges @ UOGuide are incorrect. However, I, too, went with an even number formula before I found out there were odd numbers in the mix.

Since I haven't recorded anything past 42 I can't be sure my formula--or ranges--or a better word, lol--are correct for every point, but based on 15 data points from 2-42 it's accurate. Someone will have to post what 61 yielded for us.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right, it has an error margin of +3 points, thus intuitive. During one battle in TC1 we reached wave 53 (we were about 5 players but I only remember Tazar, so I thought since we could reach 53 with 5 players, we could have reached wave 100+ yesterday with so many players but apparently people got bored at wave 60+) and the problem is I don't remember my reward points for the 51 waves but it probably was 256 since I've added 16 points for waves 50+. I'm already #3 on the overall total scores after a week spent on TC1 so I had enough of testing, maybe Phoenix can enlighten us on this subject :) .

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there when a guy placed those water barrels on Test, he and I were talking about ways to potentially block the spawn. I'm not sure I've mentioned that before, but he put down a bunch of small orange boxes and the spawn destroyed them instantly, even the ones several tiles away from their current position. Was kind of interesting. Then the guy put the water barrels down, which could possibly work for Fel but I'm not sure. Tram is free-pass, obviously, which I told him before he went for it, but was worth a shot.

Seems like a band of necros in wraith form should be able to wither choke and e-field endlessly, but it's annoying because in Tram you actually have an advantage if you aren't in a guild...otherwise the e-fields screw you over. So I guess the best case scenario really is going to be something similar to a harry or coon. You just have one, unguilded in this case, guy casting e-fields, maybe a lich form bard ;D. It'll be interesting...if the spawn goes to 99 resists or 100 then obviously it's going to turn impossible but I wonder, I haven't spent time working on lore stats. But even if the monsters have 100 in all resistances that still leaves armor ignore.

I've done most of my testing on Origin post-publish so I can actually accumulate points I can use, hehe. Because I'm guilded I have a bit more trouble w/ e-fields and usually just play it safe when I'm alone until level 12-15. I figure anything over level 10 is worth fighting for, get at least 10 points for my time. Mystics* and sampires seem like the top bananas otherwise.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got this as result on a short trip in Felucca Void Pool.​
So i geuss the points in Felucca are double for each wave.....​

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I haven't recorded anything past 42 I can't be sure my formula--or ranges--or a better word, lol--are correct for every point, but based on 15 data points from 2-42 it's accurate. Someone will have to post what 61 yielded for us.
I've finally found my notes and the table above is verified for wave 52 (270 points) too. I will make the necessary corrections on uoguide.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've finally found my notes and the table above is verified for wave 52 (270 points) too. I will make the necessary corrections on uoguide.
Damn, Ches just did a 68 wave. I died so I guess I lost credit, finished 67 waves out of 68 for 449 pts.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, Ches just did a 68 wave. I died so I guess I lost credit, finished 67 waves out of 68 for 449 pts.
Again, your calculations are correct, fixed a minor error on the table in uoguide. Have you noticed the creatures destroying the energy fields? I think this is added after the Wayback Wednesday event with the devs.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, your calculations are correct, fixed a minor error on the table in uoguide. Have you noticed the creatures destroying the energy fields? I think this is added after the Wayback Wednesday event with the devs.
I have reason to believe the dispel/destroy was there prior to the Wayback due the effect seen when some boxes were put down while on TC1 (as mentioned earlier in this thread), but at a certain point summons and fields will get dispelled, yes...if there are enough players and RCs you can keep them up for awhile but...and this is really annoying to me--perhaps there is some strategy to poison fields but I have never found a strategy to it over other fields so far--there are way too many people who feel the use of poison fields exceeds the use of energy fields, lol...might just be me but I want to curse every time I see someone use a poison field unless they find poison fields give them better "personal score" or something. @.@

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen them destroying the energy fields before in TC1 and I've spent an entire week there (purple gargoyle). I don't remember them destroying the fields during the Wayback Wednesday event either (just checked again, the mobs don't cross or destroy the energy fields in the video). I think this is added after the "stalemate" during that event since the energy fields helped a lot.

L

lit2fly

energy field for sure can make the battle a TON easier..... not a bad thing that they got dispelled.... on my shard we constantly can't pass through wave 40

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen them destroying the energy fields before in TC1 and I've spent an entire week there (purple gargoyle). I don't remember them destroying the fields during the Wayback Wednesday event either (just checked again, the mobs don't cross or destroy the energy fields in the video). I think this is added after the "stalemate" during that event since the energy fields helped a lot.
Hm you know you might be right, or at least, they upped their ability tremendously. Even Wave 9 Undead can do it now.