• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Questions Regarding the New Account Management System

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My friend cannot get the new account management to accept any of her credit cards. She does not have the saved information button on her account. She cannot get it to take a credit card. Is anyone else having this trouble?

She called EA twice. They are no help. Her accounts will go inactive in just a couple of days. Need help!!

She has used the same credit card for nine years. She called the credit card company and no problem on their end.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Is anyone having problems with putting in credit cards?

I have added 5 or so accounts to the master account. One of the accounts needed to be reactivated, so I selected the payment option and the offered current credit card.
Final step: An error occured ...

So they managed to bring the troubles from uogamecodes store into the main account management?
If so, farewell ...

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm having troubles as well...at least on the accounts i can actually manage to get into on the new system. I wish i'd thought to bank everything last week when all acounts were active, as it seems EA doesn't want my money anymore :/

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here, no Discover

I can't use the Discover card I have been using all along. Looks to me like they are rejecting ALL credit cards until that verification system is up and running.

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well that would be one way for EA to finally pull the plug. If we can't update our billing info in a month or so I guess they won't have any revenue....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

There are still some issues that need to be resolved with the Account management system. Things should be back up and running smoothly in a few days.

Gametime/upgrade codes are not working either.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Re: Unlink Account

As of right now there is no way to unlink an account.

Perhaps once everything is up and running smoothly you could contact customer support and they can do it from there end.

Which is why I put in my guide that you can chose to link or not link any or all accounts that you have.

It would be a nice option to have.

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Master Mythic Account...

... wth is this?? Anyone?? Is it just a fancy name for your UO account or what?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't believe that they didn't tell us everything would be based off the email addr

in the old account system - if they had said something in advance that the email address was going to be god in the new system, then that would have given us a chance to go in there and clean up all our accounts emails so that the transition to the new system would have been a million times more smooth

also, what happens now if you want to change your email or the email system that you have now goes out of business - there's gotta be a way to change your damn email in this new system and I just don't see it

I don't wanna have to spend 6 hours on a phone to India if I need to change my email address - the new system totally sux

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Call support. They can do it easily. Did for me. Hold times are pretty steep so have patience.

I created a seperate email address for each one of my accounts. No way going to have them all associated to one email address. That is just sheer stupidity and extremely un-secure.

I then burned a doc on a disc with all the emails/ passwords and the account associated to them. Easier to manage that way.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: I can't believe that they didn't tell us everything would be based off the email

I don't think it is. You can still link accounts with just your UO account username + "_uo" added on the end and your password.

It would've been nice had the account linking tab had this information somewhere.

Oh and you can change your email on the "contact information" tab. That change will also update your EA account username.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

hopefully they add this functionality at some point.
Though... once unlinked, how do you manage these accounts?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Re: I can't believe that they didn't tell us everything would be based off the email

I keep accounts up for players in our community when they need some financial help or need help refreshing their house. How do I get my credit card off of their accounts since I don't know their email?

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I linked each account to it's own specific email address, instead of all to a single email address. Can manage them easily, just sign in with the email address you set up for the account you want to manage.

Just have to remember which email address goes with which account (easily done since I set up the email address as the account name and added a little something so they weren't exactly the same).

Security wise..it's just plain stupid to link all to a single email address, for several reasons.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

If you read what it says, it DOES say you can input other accounts not associated with that email address:

Associate Mythic Account
Still have unlinked Mythic Master Accounts? Please login to the accounts below to link them to your new EA account. If you do not see the account you want to link listed, you may input the appropriate name and password in the space provided at the bottom of the page.

When you are finished, click the CONTINUE button to finish linking your accounts.

I think people freak out too much and dont' even bother reading what it says, I was able to link all the accts I could remember passwords for, though I DID have a hard copy list of every account I have :/

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well you got to log in with the "_uo" attached to your account name, that's what throws people off I think. If the powers that be would have explained the new processes of the database a little bit better peeps wouldn't have to learn them from trial and error.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Yeah they give the credit that people are more intuative then they really are.

You see a list off all your account names..WITH _uo at the end of each one...which leads you to think that if I DO want to link other accounts..MAYBE I should put _uo at the end of it just like they did...only makes sense...:/

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I keep accounts up for players in our community when they need some financial help or need help refreshing their house. How do I get my credit card off of their accounts since I don't know their email?
I dont think you can without linking them to an EA Master account first, which is the real culprit.

P

PapaKarlson

Re: Master Mythic Account...

a UO Account is a Mythic Master Account but not all Mythic Master Accounts are UO Accounts

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

It was long overdue...and they give the option to link all to one e-mail or not, so you can chose how much security you want.

The ones who want things easy put all accts to one e-mail, the ones who don't mind logging in and out of the acct. management page 42 times can do that too.

You are not forced to link every account you have to one email addy.

For people like me who can't remember what I had for breakfast, it's nice :) And I do make hard copies of everything anyway but it just makes managing all of my accounts alot easier.

Calling support to unlink an account is an option as I stated, but to add that to the acct. management page would be awesome too.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

http://i52.***********/295pezt.jpg

I think the reasoning behind the Mythic Master Account name is that it's all linked now, so instead of putting..Enter your UO/Warhammer or DAoC account name here..they just say Mythic Master Account.

Just a thought.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah they give the credit that people are more intuative then they really are.

You see a list off all your account names..WITH _uo at the end of each one...which leads you to think that if I DO want to link other accounts..MAYBE I should put _uo at the end of it just like they did...only makes sense...:/
Excuse you?! I didn't have any accounts linked, how the hell was I supposed to know? By reading the 23rd post in the official unofficial forums? Yeah that's a great system.

Yes, I created my EA Account using the current email linked to my accounts.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Put the feathers down Curly, that wasn't meant as an insult to anyone...just the fact that some people are better with instructions they can read rather then cognative thinking.

I had no idea that you could even DO this until Pinco explained it in a prior thread, I just logged in and linked the accts that were listed :/

For some people, following an example makes sense...if they see a list of accts and see the _uo at the end, they would automatically assume that the format to add other accts would be the same.

THEN there are people like me, who would be totally lost, not only by the Mythic Master Account name which tells me that it has NOTHING to do with UO, but by the fact that the page was just too difficult for me to understand.

Everyone has a different way of thinking, which is why I made that guide, to help people who had problems like me. :)

P

PapaKarlson

Thanks Larissa, I didn't know "Mythic Master Account" was really my UO account followed by _uo

They could have told us this to avoid confusion.

I will still have to create a new master account for each UO account, but at least it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Now I have a new problem, I don't know whether they have my billing information, and if they do, I want to remove it or at least stop auto-renewal but I can't seem to figure it out

Where did "Cancel my subscription at the end of current billing cycle" go?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I don't think that option is available anymore.

I just clicked on Cancel Subscription and it just gives me:

This will cancel the subscription for the Game Account: xxxxxx

Are you sure you wish to cancel this subscription?

I think it cancels it right away and doesn't give you till the end of your current billing cycle.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Larissa, are you sure it's ok to have multiple EA master accounts? As I posted in the sticky, their TOS states that they can ban you for having multiples and it seems that may be the case based off of S.P.A's posts where he ended up being IP banned for "suspicious activity". I'd really like to see a definitive answer on this.

P

PapaKarlson

I don't think that option is available anymore.

I just clicked on Cancel Subscription and it just gives me:

This will cancel the subscription for the Game Account: xxxxxx

Are you sure you wish to cancel this subscription?

I think it cancels it right away and doesn't give you till the end of your current billing cycle.
looks like it is time for me to call the dreaded customer support line, WISH ME LUCK!

P

PapaKarlson

lol I just clicked "Support" in a vain attempt to find the phone number and it brought me to a Warhammer online FAQ

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

following an example makes sense
Reread your original instructions, you left off the screenshot with the account list that had account the username plus "_uo". Those of us without the virtue of having a single @!#$ linked account when first logging in to their EA Master Account were supposed to know this how exactly?

What example was I supposed to follow? From your UOHerald linked instructions that omitted screenshot and didn't mention the information? From the account linking page that didn't include specific instructions that my username was slightly different for linking purposes only? From my own EA account which didn't include any linked accounts to start? Well sorry but many of us don't have a single @!#$ example.

Fix your instructions and don't be so condescending.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Yeah they need to fix that lol.

Customer support is Phone: 001-650-628-1001 (10am to 10pm EST, 7 days a week.)

I've had to call them a few times now ;)

I might have to call them again...*sighs*

P

PapaKarlson

not sure where you got that number, but I found the 866-543-5435 # under the menu on uoherald, and I learned they have a chat feature, so I hung up and now I'm engaged in chat.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Account Migration FAQ | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

Original post regarding the migration, I guess maybe that's for international as well, but it's the number I used.

Chat works too, though I rather enjoy the heavy metal music they have on the customer support line :)

W

Woodsman

They should have told everybody up front to get their accounts straight and email addresses updated, because there seem to be a lot of people who hadn't bothered updating anything in years other than the billing information.

And the _uo thing. They definitely should have included that.

The accounting people who were behind the move probably just assumed that all UO, Camelot, and Warhammer players had all of the proper information already. I could see Warhammer - that games just a few years old so most players probably have correct information, but Camelot and UO, no, especially those of us who have inherited accounts.

In the past I've gotten email addresses switched from long-dead addresses to my main one by customer service over the chat support by providing the billing information, so they can do it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I'm not being condescending, if you read my guide I stated that some of the steps I could not screenshot as I had already done those steps prior to making the guide.

Sorry that I'm the one that had to make one and that one didn't come with the whole Migration thing, sorry that I tried to help people as best that I could, did anyone else?

Yes I missed some steps because I had already linked all of my accounts, but the information to do so is all in that thread.

P

PapaKarlson

ok I asked if canceling will allow me to the End Date and he said yes, so I canceled and yes I can still get on my account

so basically CANCEL is really CANCEL auto-renewal which is good and the correct way it should work

so I can buy 1 month of time with credit card and immediately cancel and I will still be able to play the full month

this way I can let the game expire at the end of the month and be able to decide if I want to renew right away, maybe wait a week or so if I'm busy. the only downside is that it will not add to time for vet rewards during that period.

M

Myna

why not creating a master of master of of of of of mythic master account name and so on.

and all linked together

the more names you use the safer it is ... now i have to write down all, so i dont forget all myself ........ really, this method is really safe now!!!

omg

W

Woodsman

Larissa, are you sure it's ok to have multiple EA master accounts? As I posted in the sticky, their TOS states that they can ban you for having multiples and it seems that may be the case based off of S.P.A's posts where he ended up being IP banned for "suspicious activity". I'd really like to see a definitive answer on this.
I accidentally created several master accounts in the process of figuring it out and I'm not banned yet. Of course only one of those accounts has my UO accounts. The other accounts I created, some of them were tied to old EA accounts and I was working through them. God knows how many times I'm actually in their system.

I did get a 30 minute lockout on an account I was trying to link because I got the password wrong several times.

Given how many problems people are having, if they tried to ban you, you could either email Cal or Mesana or hop into their chat support and explain the situation.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

I think Im slow....I need to really read this stuff because I dont want to link someones account to my master and then basically highjack their account hehe.

Worst case scenario is EA/Mythic loses 15 accounts

P

PapaKarlson

I'm just going to create a separate master account for each of my UO accounts. all the e-mail addresses are already different and used solely for that account, so it won't be as difficult for me as it might be for other people.

this also means I have to create a new "Secret Word" for each one too.

so that's basically 3 passwords connected to each account now instead of 1, is that more secure? the answer is probably yes if you keep them unlinked and considering in the past you could steal anyone's account with their zip code and access to their e-mail.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

LOl yeah.

Okay I added this picture to the guide:

http://i52.***********/295pezt.jpg

And more explanation on linking accts not associated with the e-mail you're logged onto or ppl that have no linked accts at all.

I hope that clarifies a bit more.

P

PapaKarlson

abcd

D

Der Rock

Account Migration FAQ | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

Original post regarding the migration, I guess maybe that's for international as well, but it's the number I used.

Chat works too, though I rather enjoy the heavy metal music they have on the customer support line :)
ALL i want to know is:

how can i delete this crap ea master/ea acc/masterid bla bla bla crap here crap there accounts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new faq answers are still a joke

all i want is as it was before.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2 acc expire today... normaly i would expand the acc today, but with this crap i let them sleep again for 2,5 month...

its sooo simple : they dont want my money...so be it.

i never have seen so a crap customer proved service,never.. LOL

P

PapaKarlson

here's another post I made w/ pics describing what I did below: http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/248801-concise-account-migration-instructions.html#post2000534

if all of your accounts already have separate e-mail addresses (like mine do) all you need to do is goto http://www.ultima-registration.com which redirects you to https://accounts.eamythic.com/ and where it says "Have a Mythic Master Account" put in your UO account followed by _uo and the password

then it says you already have an e-mail associated with this account, so it asks for your password again, you input your UO password and voila, you are done and you login as you did before but with your e-mail instead of the UO account name

you can instead at this point create a new EA master account with a different e-mail address, you can create a separate EA master account for each UO account quite easily without access to the old e-mail on the account.

you only need access to the e-mail if you started off by clicking the "forgot password" link

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you. I just have the bottom part of the screenshot, just everything after and including "Associate Mythic Account."

This is what my screen looked like:

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

if all of your accounts already have separate e-mail addresses (like mine do) all you need to do is goto http://www.ultima-registration.com which redirects you to https://accounts.eamythic.com/ and where it says "Have a Mythic Master Account" put in your UO account followed by _uo and the password

then it says you already have an e-mail associated with this account, so it asks for your password again, you input your UO password and voila, you are done and you login as you did before but with your e-mail instead of the UO account name

what I'm not sure about is if you can instead at this point create a new EA master account with a different e-mail address (I think you can), IF that is the case you should be able to create a separate EA master account for each UO account quite easily without access to the old e-mail on the account.

you only need access to the e-mail if you started off by clicking the "forgot password" link
^^ This is the best answer. Can we get this stickied?

P

PapaKarlson

I just want to make it clear to everyone that you're not required to link all of your accounts, you can keep them all separate by using a different e-mail for each one.

P

PapaKarlson

ALL i want to know is:

how can i delete this crap ea master/ea acc/masterid bla bla bla crap here crap there accounts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new faq answers are still a joke

all i want is as it was before.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2 acc expire today... normaly i would expand the acc today, but with this crap i let them sleep again for 2,5 month...

its sooo simple : they dont want my money...so be it.

i never have seen so a crap customer proved service,never.. LOL
your UO account IS a Mythic Master Account

you are required to link your Mythic Master Account (UO Account) to an EA Account but you are not required to create an EA Master ID (that's an additional feature) as far as I know you don't even have to visit the stupid EA Profile page w/ the Facebook crap and EA Master ID

you are also not required to link all of your UO Accounts to a single EA Account, you can create a separate EA Account for each of your UO Accounts