• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Server down time update

Status
Not open for further replies.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So am I understanding correctly that to be able to log back in I have to contact customer support?

Or is it just that the login servers are down at the moment and when they get back online I will be able to log in?

L

Lori DeLeon

And we certainly are very appreciative or your visit on these forums. That is what they are for, after all. :)
Honestly I don't know what you expected us to post in response to these updates. Of course we're annoyed and your website is getting hits because of it

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So am I understanding correctly that to be able to log back in I have to contact customer support?

Or is it just that the login servers are down at the moment and when they get back online I will be able to log in?
Login server is up now. But no servers aside from TC1.

L

Lori DeLeon

If half of UO players are Japanese , and when you add European players to that number, then it means they are doing this when it is most convenient for the largest number of UO players, or at least it was originally scheduled for that at 4pm EST this afternoon.

Americans probably make up less than half of UO players, and somebody is going to have to get their toes stepped upon, so might as well be less than half the UO players.

Then again, Camelot and Warhammer are getting migrated and who knows where the majority of players for those games are located.

It may just be convenient for the Origin.com developers.
and when they step on their toes, I expect them to express their disapproval as well

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, well I am just saying I doubt the drama would be that bad, because WoW ppl realize that Tuesday at noon is a better time to do stuff like taking servers down. If they had something like this they likely would not do it on friday.
Sooo, you're reply to me wondering how much drama the WoW players would be demonstrating if their servers went down and stayed down like UO today is....that they wouldn't be down. Wow, not a very useful reply, lol.

W

Woodsman

I'm glad you're confident they are "getting it right" after three different updates about when they were going to do it and the fact that they chose do it at such an unopportune time for their customers. I'm not so confident that they have a clue what they are doing.
It's the first time in 14 years that they have migrated to a new accounting system, so yeah, a lot of us aren't too upset.

Given how ****ed up the old accounting system could be at times and how many times I was charged wrong or how many times the account age was wrong on one or more of my accounts, quite frankly the accounting system should have been upgraded 13 years ago.

As for whether they have a clue or not, the Origin.com developers are the same developers who did Store.EA.com, and unlike the old UO billing system, I've never had any weird charges or problems with Store.EA.com.

I don't know how long you've been reading any UO-related forums, but if you look around, you will find plenty of threads from people pancakes about account age problems, getting charged twice, etc.

Hell, there are people here who only trust gametime codes - they don't trust the old UO billing system not to screw them over.

If there is going to be a lot of anger, it should be over the fact that for nearly 14 years, we've had the same crappy system. This system should have been thrown out a decade ago and rebuilt.

enderz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Server was brought down a few hours agro, was wondering if there might possibly be a status update if one is in the works?

10+ years of accounting info transfers might take quiet awhile, and I'd rather get an update saying the servers will take longer to come up so I can get some sleep unless things are going faster then expected of course.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Really is very difficult to ultima online team too find a date,time and hour too offer us a promise .>we old scholl player's like me 1998>ther is older player's remeber when the server's dropped off without any warning.Age Of Shadows for one was :yell:I am sure the uo team will have to apologize for this <BUT they shouldnt because uo needs this plus when ya click the box that say's do you accept the uo license agreement <> they could close down uo anytime they wish ,yes even without warning :yell: I am gonna take this time to watch a few movie's with my wife and son :) take care and please Patience <we really do need this,Woot uo team please get it right,no hurry :)

L

Lori DeLeon

It's the first time in 14 years that they have migrated to a new accounting system, so yeah, a lot of us aren't too upset.

Given how ****ed up the old accounting system could be at times and how many times I was charged wrong or how many times the account age was wrong on one or more of my accounts, quite frankly the accounting system should have been upgraded 13 years ago.

As for whether they have a clue or not, the Origin.com developers are the same developers who did Store.EA.com, and unlike the old UO billing system, I've never had any weird charges or problems with Store.EA.com.

I don't know how long you've been reading any UO-related forums, but if you look around, you will find plenty of threads from people pancakes about account age problems, getting charged twice, etc.

Hell, there are people here who only trust gametime codes - they don't trust the old UO billing system not to screw them over.

If there is going to be a lot of anger, it should be over the fact that for nearly 14 years, we've had the same crappy system. This system should have been thrown out a decade ago and rebuilt.
I understand that this needs to be done. I agree; but the fact that you feel the need to tell everyone what we SHOULD be angry about and SHOULD NOT be angry about is very annoying. I'm happy for you that you aren't annoyed by this, I really am; but I AM annoyed.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really is very difficult to ultima online team too find a date,time and hour too offer us a promise .>we old scholl player's like me 1998>ther is older player's remeber when the server's dropped off without any warning.Age Of Shadows for one was :yell:I am sure the uo team will have to apologize for this <BUT they shouldnt because uo needs this plus when ya click the box that say's do you accept the uo license agreement <> they could close down uo anytime they wish ,yes even without warning :yell: I am gonna take this time to watch a few movie's with my wife and son :) take care and please Patience <we really do need this,Woot uo team please get it right,no hurry :)

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

P

PonceDeLeon123

No one is disputing the update was needed...HELLO! Get a friggin clue! The complaint is the timing! this could have clearly waited to a non peak time...The issue is the admins have no compassion for the players who have things planned, including ceremonies for their own employees! Again, when was the last time you attended a player run event on monday morning? the maintenance is at 5 AM EST...maybe we should move that to Friday night at 9 PM if it doesn't matter like you suck ups are suggesting...

again...i see crazy people:coco:

S

sayler04

Think how THEY feel? Are you serious? They are getting PAID by US....PAYING CUSTOMERS about the service provided by people getting PAID to do it.
Not to feed the flame, but... perspective? I think our monthly is like $12.99; assuming that the servers are down for 3 hours, that means we're losing 5.22 cents (CENTS, not dollars) while UO works to make our accounts more secure. That's less money than we'd spend chewing gum for three hours. And I really don't think its a sufficient expenditure to buy the kind of outrage and and abuse some people are dumping on the dev team right now.

Besides, its friday night, shouldn't UO be the last resort instead of the first? As far as I'm concerned, those 5.22 cents were a small price to pay for being being forced to go outside and play.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Login server is up now. But no servers aside from TC1.
Ah Cools
The way the post was written it sounded like i would have to contact support to be able to re log in.. sorta like to validate my account.

Since I don't have to do that...... Never Mind

K

Kiminality

I really hope that, come tomorrow when all's said and done, most of you look back on your conduct in this thread in shame.
You know those "manners" things you were probably taught when growing up? They're supposed to apply all the time, not just when you've got a bee in your bonnet over some perceived injustice.
Oh noes! You can't play UO!
There's a million other things you could be doing, most of which would leave you feeling a whole lot better than being a jerk on some internet forum.
And no, I'm not saying "get a life", although if you're assuming I am then I'm really going to suggest considering why that was your first thought, and dealing with that.
Here's the thing, by being unable to play the game, you're already not playing the game. pancakes about not being able to play the game is still not playing the game, so while you're already not playing the game, you should just go ahead and do something that's:
a.) Not going to make you look like a horrible, horrible person.
b.) Not going to just **** you off and generally ruin your day more than not being able to play UO alone is.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's play a game. Every time you rant or flame here, take a shot! Every time someone else does, take half a shot!

:shots:

ps: Up to you whether you make this game retroactive. Not advised though, unless you want to drink. lol

L

Lori DeLeon

Not to feed the flame, but... perspective? I think our monthly is like $12.99; assuming that the servers are down for 3 hours, that means we're losing 5.22 cents (CENTS, not dollars) while UO works to make our accounts more secure. That's less money than we'd spend chewing gum for three hours. And I really don't think its a sufficient expenditure to buy the kind of outrage and and abuse some people are dumping on the dev team right now.

Besides, its friday night, shouldn't UO be the last resort instead of the first? As far as I'm concerned, those 5.22 cents were a small price to pay for being being forced to go outside and play.
The point was that they are getting PAID so why should I care how THEY feel like Larissa suggested? We're paying THEM. The point is that THEY should care how WE feel.

It's 11:56 pm here. I'm not going to go outside and play. I don't need you to tell me what I should do with my Friday night. This is what my husband and I do on Friday nights now... or planned to. Who are you to judge that?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really hope that, come tomorrow when all's said and done, most of you look back on your conduct in this thread in shame.
You know those "manners" things you were probably taught when growing up? They're supposed to apply all the time, not just when you've got a bee in your bonnet over some perceived injustice.
There's a million other things you could be doing, most of which would leave you feeling a whole lot better than being a jerk on some internet forum.
And no, I'm not saying "get a life", although if you're assuming I am then I'm really going to suggest considering why that was your first thought, and dealing with that.
Here's the thing, by being unable to play the game, you're already not playing the game. pancakes about not being able to play the game is still not playing the game, so while you're already not playing the game, you should just go ahead and do something that's:
b.) Not going to just **** you off and generally ruin your day more than not being able to play UO alone is.
Pretty sure my opinion won't change tomorrow. I'll still think EA and their employees are a bunch of lazy incompetent fools.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummmm, is this :coco: or is it just me and I am too drunk to understand :shots:

“You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.”

L

Lori DeLeon

What is wrong with you people? We're waiting to find out if we can play UO tonight and we're talking about how annoying this all is and that makes us rude or jerks?

K

Kiminality

The point was that they are getting PAID so why should I care how THEY feel like Larissa suggested? We're paying THEM. The point is that THEY should care how WE feel.
It's called...
Oh, what's the word I'm looking for...
I don't know, but something like "not being a terrible, self-centred person"

It'll come to me, I'm sure.

W

Woodsman

I understand that this needs to be done. I agree; but the fact that you feel the need to tell everyone what we SHOULD be angry about and SHOULD NOT be angry about is very annoying. I'm happy for you that you aren't annoyed by this, I really am; but I AM annoyed.
Why should we be angry at something that, as you yourself said, "needs to be done" ???

I just can't see all of the anger at something that should correct a lot of the problems that many of us have encountered with billing. Does the timing suck? Of course it does, but it's going to suck for somebody regardless of when it is. Not everybody works 9-to-5 Monday through Friday or lives in a certain time zone in the USA.

Is the timing and complexity of the situation really a reason for you to question their competence though?

Maybe you've been lucky, but since 1997, I've probably been wrongly charged a good $600+ over that time and the account age has been way off far too often. I've spent far too many hours getting those charges fixed over the years. To be honest, it's a pleasant surprise they are finally addressing it, but I'm not going to give credit to the UO devs since this is all EA's doing.

P

PonceDeLeon123

Ok.... your worst than Larissa, you took the time to post this? Get off your holier than though soap box. you have taken the time to post this message so clearly you are a friggin hypocryte :coco:

K

Kiminality

What is wrong with you people? We're waiting to find out if we can play UO tonight and we're talking about how annoying this all is and that makes us rude or jerks?
Talking about it being annoying isn't making you rude, or a jerk.
Being rude, or a jerk, is.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I like pie..

No..I >REALLY< like pie..and by pie I mean buttery brown flaky crust, mouth watering (Watering of the mouth...IE Very tasty) creamy cherries...

>WITH< ....the must have...{NEEDED} Vanilla Ice Cream...on TOP...or..on the side whichever you chose..or like or >would rather< have.

:bowdown: to the pie maker for such tasty treats!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Let's play a game. Every time you rant or flame here, take a shot! Every time someone else does, take half a shot!

ps: Up to you whether you make this game retroactive. Not advised though, unless you want to drink. lol

:beer: I been workin' on it.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.”
:lol:

Ummmm you lost me at hello.... sad thing is i read both of them about ten times to see if I was not reading right :dunce:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like pie..

No..I >REALLY< like pie..and by pie I mean buttery brown flaky crust, mouth watering (Watering of the mouth...IE Very tasty) creamy cherries...

>WITH< ....the must have...{NEEDED} Vanilla Ice Cream...on TOP...or..on the side whichever you chose..or like or >would rather< have.

Pie is good. Cake is better! And here is just the cake for this forum.
http://www.uoguide.com/images/f/f2/Tancred_wedding_cake.jpg

W

Woodsman

How about including the official Warhammer forums? That's a group that is far angrier than UO players over the downtime.

BioWare Social Network | HOW LONG AGAIN ?? EA YOU MAKE JOKE ????? YOU MAKE AGAIN F KING JOKE ?
I'm not into conspiracy theories... but man everything EA does in regards to this game seems like a parent trying to kill an unwanted child...
That's a post from the Warhammer forums and not from a UO player....

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I like pie..

Hey :hug: please pass me a plate and fork with a slice of that pie :pie:lol

P

PonceDeLeon123

The worst thing is i actually understand him...*drinks heavy*

L

Lori DeLeon

Why should we be angry at something that, as you yourself said, "needs to be done" ???

I just can't see all of the anger at something that should correct a lot of the problems that many of us have encountered with billing. Does the timing suck? Of course it does, but it's going to suck for somebody regardless of when it is. Not everybody works 9-to-5 Monday through Friday or lives in a certain time zone in the USA.

Is the timing and complexity of the situation really a reason for you to question their competence though?

Maybe you've been lucky, but since 1997, I've probably been wrongly charged a good $600+ over that time and the account age has been way off far too often. I've spent far too many hours getting those charges fixed over the years. To be honest, it's a pleasant surprise they are finally addressing it, but I'm not going to give credit to the UO devs since this is all EA's doing.
The timing and the fact that they keep changing the time is what bothers me, yes. Again, I agree that it needs to be done; but I am annoyed by the time and way it's being done.

P

PonceDeLeon123

Who the hell cares if Larissa likes pie, this thread is about pissed off players who pay good money to play a game. Are you all friggin liberals too? lets all put our head in the sand and pretend this is not happening...

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timing and the fact that they keep changing the time is what bothers me, yes. Again, I agree that it needs to be done; but I am annoyed by the time and way it's being done.

What for in the want go use to look more like? Do more look like has who been far as? So don’t go on as far as of that, I think go for the with on some there was.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey :hug: please pass me a plate and fork with a slice of that pie :pie:lol
*passes plate >WITH< a generous slice of mouth-watering pie...*

Ice cream? On >TOP< or to the side...your choice...though it >IS< much..MUCH better...>More appealing< on top..melted into the crevices of said flaky brown crust.

:next:

Anyone else? we are getting our >"Just desserts"< tonight :danceb:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who the hell cares if Larissa likes pie, this thread is about pissed off players who pay good money to play a game. Are you all friggin liberals too? lets all put our head in the sand and pretend this is not happening...

Actually, this thread was intended to keep the pissed off masses updated on the downtime...

pot, meet kettle?

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm getting the ToS/Banned/Suspended/you havent paid yo bills message when I try and login.

I haven't commited any violations. And EA.com shows me with 26 of 30 days left, on an active subscription.

L

Lori DeLeon

Server was brought down a few hours agro, was wondering if there might possibly be a status update if one is in the works?

10+ years of accounting info transfers might take quiet awhile, and I'd rather get an update saying the servers will take longer to come up so I can get some sleep unless things are going faster then expected of course.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
agreed
it went down over three hours ago

S

sayler04

It's 11:56 pm here. I'm not going to go outside and play. I don't need you to tell me what I should do with my Friday night. This is what my husband and I do on Friday nights now... or planned to. Who are you to judge that?

And MY point was that the team, the entire team, is being paid Five CENTS of your money for the entire three hour downtime, a rate which doesn't buy anyone the right to deride so mercilessly. I would be happy to hire anyone who will put up with such abuse for a mere five sense every three hours. Like I said, perspective. The only world that's ending right now is a virtual one, and that one will be back soon. Besides, we should never stop caring about how others feel; it forfeits our inherent right to complain about how we, ourselves, are treated and, really, undermines the premise of civilization.

I'm not judging anyone for how they pass their time. All I said was that, for me, its a blessing in disguise. UO is too easy to get sucked into. So devs, thanks for spending my five cents wisely.

M

Muu Bin

:shots::beer: Shamus... been into the sauce again? Or did you translate the english into another language and then back into engrish again?

L

Lori DeLeon

Actually, this thread was intended to keep the pissed off masses updated on the downtime...

pot, meet kettle?
the front page post is to keep players updated. This thread is from a link that says "comment on this"; so it's safe for readers to assume that we are supposed to COMMENT on this thread about the front page post which is about the update that hasn't been updated

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How the **** do I, of all people, manage to start a flame war.

I am one of the least flaming people on Stratics, as a general rule.

*sighs, beats head on wall, pisses on floor*

-Galen's player

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

:shots::beer: Shamus... been into the sauce again? Or did you translate the english into another language and then back into engrish again?

And I thought THIS guy talked in riddles:

Attachments

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
And MY point was that the team, the entire team, is being paid Five CENTS of your money for the entire three hour downtime, a rate which doesn't buy anyone the right to deride so mercilessly. I would be happy to hire anyone who will put up with such abuse for a mere five sense every three hours. Like I said, perspective. The only world that's ending right now is a virtual one, and that one will be back soon. Besides, we should never stop caring about how others feel; it forfeits our inherent right to complain about how we, ourselves, are treated and, really, undermines the premise of civilization.

I'm not judging anyone for how they pass their time. All I said was that, for me, its a blessing in disguise. UO is too easy to get sucked into. So devs, thanks for spending my five cents wisely.
Nod's i agree :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.