• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Server down time update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

The update of Ultima Online to the new account center begins this afternoon.

Downtime for game servers begins 2:30 p.m. EDT. We expect the game servers to be down for a few hours and return this evening.

We will keep you updated as we have more information to share.

For those who are interested, please continue to read:

What are we doing?

Currently all player account information is moved and secure.

Three items:

Account Age

Account age will not update for several days. We are migrating information from 14 year old database. In order to validate this volume of records, we are taking additional time to test and verify all individual accounts are correct before declaring the migration complete.

Code Redemption

DO NOT yet redeem your gametime codes. We discovered additional steps we need to implement before allowing players to redeem gametime cards. We will take steps to ensure all players whose gametime has lapsed can continue to play the game.

Logins

When the game comes back online, the Return to Britannia program will be disabled. If you have trouble getting into the game please contact Customer Support.

Our priorities are to move all your information securely, make certain we have all the new customer support tools are in place for this transition, and to return you to the game as quickly and safely as we can.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Calvin

More...

L

Lilyth of RK

Why do they do these things on a Friday afternoon? *crosses fingers* for a smooth transition and a stable server for the weekend

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you kindly for the update!

Take ALL the time you need to make sure all of our information is transferred correctly.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code Redemption

DO NOT yet redeem your gametime codes. We discovered additional steps we need to implement before allowing players to redeem gametime cards. We will take steps to ensure all players whose gametime has lapsed can continue to play the game.
so we need an extra server update before we can use the gametime codes again? :O

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

The update of Ultima Online to the new account center begins this afternoon.

Downtime for game servers begins 2:30 p.m. EDT. We expect the game servers to be down for a few hours and return this evening.

We will keep you updated as we have more information to share.

For those who are interested, please continue to read:

What are we doing?

Currently all player account information is moved and secure.

Three items:

Account Age

Account age will not update for several days. We are migrating information from 14 year old database. In order to validate this volume of records, we are taking additional time to test and verify all individual accounts are correct before declaring the migration complete.

More...

And why wouldn't something like this happen? It's only my vet reward weekend. Damn my luck anyways:loser:. Thanks for the update.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we have to wait to apply upgrades (high Seas) and 7th character slot as well or just gametime codes only?

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How utterly inconvient for us ! How inconsiderate for the us the players .
Most people log on now to play for the weekend and but hey don't worry about it for 3 days!
what about those stuck on another shard now, and can't go home. gees .Monday would have been better

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am really digging the frequent updates to keep the community informed.

Thank you :D

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
airmid was excited so much she posted twice

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we've tried to do each time there's been downtime lately, we have a 'for fun' game thread running, come and play!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It has been changed to 4 PM EDT.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad everything will be fixed and i'm excited about a new better working system....
but quite bummed that the welcome back to britainia is only going to be for a week....?
I convinced an old friend to come play again to try out all the new things.......

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now it's 7pm.
On a Friday night.
Yes.
Where are these announcements being made? Have been in general chat on Siege and there have been no system/GM announcements whatsoever.

Edited to add: Never mind. I see the uoherald announcement is being updated but the updates aren't feeding to stratics.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Any amount of downtime is worth it to finally be rid of that disgraceful wreck of a billing system. I know so many people who have had problems with it and wonder how many users it's cost the game. This is the best thing they've done in ages.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be great if uogamecodes and account page will be co-operative instead of being 2 world aside :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thou shalt not hold thy breath, Thou shalt not hold thy breath, Thou shalt not hold thy breath, Thou shalt not hold thy breath, Thou shalt not hold thy breath...

and BREATHE...

So... who thinks this will work? Anyone?

And who thinks we are ready to lose our accounts have our houses fall, lose our upgrades, not be able to use anything you placed in your house... not be able to design because you don't have access to things you always had access to before... log in to find your character in the middle of an empty plot that was formerly YOUR house... regain young player status at the age of 148 months... lose the last 5 or 6 characters you've made... come back as a purple elf..... with no hair...... Have to redo all 56,000 macro's on all 56 of your characters...

Find they have ended UO and all servers go offline at 7pm EDT..... for good......

Glory be to the DEV's if all goes as planned.... we can dream that all those who have been hacking and duping will be wiped from servers, all duped items will be destroyed, all exploits shut down, all those homes owned by accounts long shut down will be wiped from the servers... and all personal bless deeds are returned to characters in deed form...

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: *oh sorry dreaming again*

G

Grandma

Cal, honey child, You jest take yer time and make sure thangs are right, don't you worry none 'bout them folks a moanin' and groanin'. I'd rather it be done right than have to have it all yanked back down. Iffin ye need it, I'll be glad to loan yer my walkin stick to whompin' a bit, give 'em somethin' to study on thats a hurtin' instead of what you fellers are doin'! *grins*.
And tell that sweet lil Missy Mesanna, Grandma says Howdy.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fayled

and silly me....... read 'down at 2:30', went and did other things and came back just now to see how close I was to log-in
:blushing:

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometime during the week woulda been better. I mean really.... Friday. lol.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Fayled

and silly me....... read 'down at 2:30', went and did other things and came back just now to see how close I was to log-in
:blushing:
:thumbsup: thanks ... Humor on the interwebs is HARD to do ...

Personal attack removed for re-posting

There WILL be upgrades Not mentioned

Chinese acrobatic hamsters

Town crier updater

More aggressive subscription inducements

Street smart, up to date and and Eco Friendly

PvP Savvy beyond your wildest imaginings ...

All Trained by the sole surviving Grizzeled vet of Age of shadows ...

It'll be fine ...
:danceb:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg thats sooo cute

Read the fine print guys, for those of you who are chomping at the bit to enter codes... they are asking you to sit on them for a few days past the down time.

L

Lori DeLeon

Was it really so urgent that you HAD to do this on a Friday night? Why not wait until Monday or at server up tomorrow?

L

Lori DeLeon

and maybe you'd be so kind as to give us yet another update because it's well past 7pm and the server still isn't down. If it's going to be down all night, it would be nice to know that sometime soon.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Servers still up or is it over already?

L

Lori DeLeon

Finally got an ingame announcement that it's going down in an hour(got the message at about 8pm). It shows a complete disregard for their customers when they do something like this. People make plans to spend their real time on and then they keep us hanging all day and now all night. Who knows how many more times they are going to be kind enough to keep giving us MORE updates when they plan to take the server down. Complete disregard for their paying cusomers.

S

Sevin0oo0

It shows a complete disregard for their customers when they do something like this. People make plans to spend their real time on and then they keep us hanging all day and now all night. Who knows how many more times they are going to be kind enough to keep giving us MORE updates when they plan to take the server down. Complete disregard for their paying cusomers.
noob, sorry, I completely agree

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future...

Update: We have rescheduled the downtime to begin at 9:00 p.m. EDT.

L

Lori DeLeon

Well EA gets me either way. I just found out that since I stopped playing Rock Band, they added Heart's Barracuda! Woot! I'll go gold star all the new songs I like the vocals to and be back in a few hours to see what time tomorrow morning they ACTUALLY start the server downtime.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its one night, relax and do something else.
Funny how I complement them and get insulted, I call them out for making a bad business decision and I get insulted. (And yes this is clearly intended as an insult, as the clear implication is that my swearing over a bad business decision somehow means that I'm incapable of doing something else.)

Oh well.

Stratics isn't the best place to be even-handed; here I really need to either be critical all the time or be complementary all the time.

I am proud to say this is a trick I will never learn.

-Galen's player

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future...

Update: We have rescheduled the downtime to begin at 9:00 p.m. EDT.
If anyone remember's time slippin' slippin 'from the day's of the past:yell:
Fyi of being warned of server going down >was :sleep2: :yell::coco: offline:bowdown:LOL

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Does it make sesne to take shards down at 9pm EST? No, but I don't care what time it's taken down folks are gonna be upset. That's just how it goes. The thing that bothers me is they could be a little better on giving eta's on when they are actually taking it down. If it were red stripes UO Herald would look about like my first Lit paper :eek:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just remember that you can't please them all.

If we do it on YOUR time then someone else will complain..do it on THEIR time and yet someone ELSE will complain.

Nothing is perfect, nothing is easy, nothing goes as planned.

complain away...bang your head on the wall, curse the powers that be for doing it on YOUR time.....all within your right as a human being to do.

:yell:

Now I am going to get up off this char and go do that mundane thing called life....it IS out there ;)

:grouphug:

W

Woodsman

It shows a complete disregard for their customers when they do something like this. People make plans to spend their real time on and then they keep us hanging all day and now all night. Who knows how many more times they are going to be kind enough to keep giving us MORE updates when they plan to take the server down. Complete disregard for their paying cusomers.
Wow, that's a lot of drama over something that we've known about for a few days now, and if you've been playing UO for any length of time, you'd know that something always pops up at the last minute.

If this fixes the issues I've had and others have had, then I don't care if they are down the rest of the evening. I'd rather they take as much time as needed on something this important.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, that's a lot of drama over something that we've known about for a few days now, and if you've been playing UO for any length of time, you'd know that something always pops up at the last minute.
Last minute.... 4 times? rofl.... I'm going to take a screenshot of that scratch off that is UO Herald.

Status
Not open for further replies.