• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tazar

Thanks. :)

Going to take a bit to get adjusted to the new icons, but I think it will work. :)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the UI Patcher autoinstall the Copper pack with the latest version of the UI using the "-txpack=Copper" toggle now?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the UI Patcher autoinstall the Copper pack with the latest version of the UI using the "-txpack=Copper" toggle now?
no, I had no time to upload the new copper version, however it's better that dermott takes a look into the latest version before :p

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did the update (which went directly into a Copper-based version) and the only thing I really see that needs a tweak is StatusWindow.XML for health bar positioning. Everything else I saw seemed to be working but I didn't dig too deeply.

I am going to go in and reduce the size of the Dermott Copper icon background down to the 52x52 size used in Copper.

That's the current quick-look assessment.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did the update (which went directly into a Copper-based version) and the only thing I really see that needs a tweak is StatusWindow.XML for health bar positioning. Everything else I saw seemed to be working but I didn't dig too deeply.

I am going to go in and reduce the size of the Dermott Copper icon background down to the 52x52 size used in Copper.

That's the current quick-look assessment.
probably you should remove the icons folder in order to allow the functionality of the mini texture pack, the rest seems to works :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, that will be part too which will be helpful to people downloading it anyway since it will reduce the footprint of the texture pack CONSIDERABLY.

Edit: I just ported over the adjusted Copper and Third Dawn background icons and they work REALLY well... for MOST icons. I will likely do some icon replacement/tweaking as I feel benefits the two texture packs.

Give me till the weekend to test around ingame first though so I can get a list of changes ready then get them all done in one shot.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh Pinco... adding new icon backgrounds... is there also code that needs to be added or will it just grab the filename and display accordingly?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just a quick collage of a few icon backgrounds I found and plan on adding in:

Top Row: Dark Stone, Wood, Leather
Bottom Row: Copper, Third Dawn, Stone

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Now you can see the item properties of the items on an hotbar slot."

Pinco you just made my day :) Tx alot for this one!

D

Der Rock

hi pinco,
thx for the hard work you do on the EC UI ;)

BUT:

Icons:
the new icons,most of them simply looks ugly,sorry but some of the icons lose their
character and imagery.
some examples:

skill-icons:
the "old" crystall color was a eye-catcher,because those icons like hiding or tracking, was easy to find and to see, between all other icons. also the original colour helped alot to orientate,between all the icon hotbars.

other icons like resurrection/open door/gate travel/invisibility/ev...
before, they was easy to see and to find..now they hide herself between all other icons.

Texture colors :
i see no sense to make ALL icons purple,or ALL icons grey or golden.
this is not helpfull at all.

first time i read about your new project of texture color hotbars,i thought wow ,now
i can chage the texture of EACH hotbar.
each hotbar seperate texture change option,would make sense.

all heal spels ,i would do the texture green
all combat spells i would do the texture red
all "neutral" icons grey.....
and the skill icons unchanged original crystal

that would be an improvement of the hotbar textures ;)

pls implement a option to enable/disable the new icons and textures colors,
atm it is unusable.

you do a realy good job ,you help ALOT to bring player to the EC client,
but pls such big changes should always have the option to enable or disable ;)

thx for reading

Der Rock ;)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the new icons Pinco! Now i can set the background to green for my poisoner and blue for my fisherman.

Think i take a different color for each character. :)

Love the undeath one most! :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just a quick collage of a few icon backgrounds I found and plan on adding in:

Top Row: Dark Stone, Wood, Leather
Bottom Row: Copper, Third Dawn, Stone

send the backgrounds to me and I'll add it to the main package ;)

oh and don't forget about the paperdoll label and rgb color for each one :)

hi pinco,
thx for the hard work you do on the EC UI ;)

BUT:

Icons:
the new icons,most of them simply looks ugly,sorry but some of the icons lose their
character and imagery.
some examples:

skill-icons:
the "old" crystall color was a eye-catcher,because those icons like hiding or tracking, was easy to find and to see, between all other icons. also the original colour helped alot to orientate,between all the icon hotbars.

other icons like resurrection/open door/gate travel/invisibility/ev...
before, they was easy to see and to find..now they hide herself between all other icons.

Texture colors :
i see no sense to make ALL icons purple,or ALL icons grey or golden.
this is not helpfull at all.

first time i read about your new project of texture color hotbars,i thought wow ,now
i can chage the texture of EACH hotbar.
each hotbar seperate texture change option,would make sense.

all heal spels ,i would do the texture green
all combat spells i would do the texture red
all "neutral" icons grey.....
and the skill icons unchanged original crystal

that would be an improvement of the hotbar textures ;)

pls implement a option to enable/disable the new icons and textures colors,
atm it is unusable.

you do a realy good job ,you help ALOT to bring player to the EC client,
but pls such big changes should always have the option to enable or disable ;)

thx for reading

Der Rock ;)
There is no way to toggle this. You just need to find the right background since the icons are almost the same as before...
After using them for a bit your eye will recognize them as always :p

I'll take a look if there is some way to make the bg interchangeable for each hotbar...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
next version will give you the capability to change the default background of icons from user settings as it is now, but you will also be able to change the background of each icon (if you want).

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great work as always, even though i will need some time to get used to the new icon style. Eleven years old habits die hard.

But I also found two tiny bugs and have a request:

Bug 1: The skill cooldown buff icon disappears too soon. If I hit my macro right after the icon disappears, I get the "you have to wait to use another skill" message. I need to wait another second or so.

Bug 2: I used a scroll of alacrity and went training. Then I died. After being resurrected, the accelerated skill gain buff icon was gone, even though the effect was still lasting. Logging out and back in again made the icon reappear.

Request: The UI looks real good, the only thing that bugs me are the health bars. They are... well, a bit ugly. Any chance of giving them a nicer look?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great work as always, even though i will need some time to get used to the new icon style. Eleven years old habits die hard.

But I also found two tiny bugs and have a request:

Bug 1: The skill cooldown buff icon disappears too soon. If I hit my macro right after the icon disappears, I get the "you have to wait to use another skill" message. I need to wait another second or so.

Bug 2: I used a scroll of alacrity and went training. Then I died. After being resurrected, the accelerated skill gain buff icon was gone, even though the effect was still lasting. Logging out and back in again made the icon reappear.

Request: The UI looks real good, the only thing that bugs me are the health bars. They are... well, a bit ugly. Any chance of giving them a nicer look?
report the bugs in the right place, as I said before all the bugs posted here will be ignored.

About the healthbars well, ugly or nice is a personal matter so if you don't bring some example I'm unable to do anything :D

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
report the bugs in the right place, as I said before all the bugs posted here will be ignored.

About the healthbars well, ugly or nice is a personal matter so if you don't bring some example I'm unable to do anything :D
Oh, ok, I missed the part with the bug reporting, will post it in your forum.

I'll search for some examples for nicer healthbars.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know I'm now wishing I could change the colors of the icons with function..... Healing/buffs=Blue, Harming=Red, inventory/skills=green or yellow etc..... but maybe that's just me.....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I'm now wishing I could change the colors of the icons with function..... Healing/buffs=Blue, Harming=Red, inventory/skills=green or yellow etc..... but maybe that's just me.....
as I said with the next version you will be able to switch the bg of every single hotbar icon ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.9a

- Now if you double click an item in an NPC vendor you'll be able to enter manually the amount to buy.
- Fixed a bug with the new boat commands that were reversed.
- Now you can change the background of each hotbar slot by the slot context menu. Moving the icon or clear the slot will reset it to default.
- Changed the timer count on the buff/debuff icons, now if is higher than 60 seconds it shows the number of minutes instead of seconds.
- Added the skill loss debuff.
- Added 6 more Dermott textures.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I ask what criteria you used to decide what spell options you could put on the health bar buttons?
I'm probably too picky, but for my tamer the ideal combination for her pets would be greater heal/close wounds on red, arch cure/cleanse by fire on green and invis/remove curse on blue.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I ask what criteria you used to decide what spell options you could put on the health bar buttons?
I'm probably too picky, but for my tamer the ideal combination for her pets would be greater heal/close wounds on red, arch cure/cleanse by fire on green and invis/remove curse on blue.
well I put
- heal/bless/curse/resurrect on red
- cure/bless/curse on green
- invis/night sight/attack spells on blue

since you can make 3 choices per button should work :p

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very happy with the new version, super job Pinco! Coper Enhanced fit's in snuggly as well Dermott! Although i fiddle around with the icon pack of the japanese gentleman....I find them very nicely done (got them of your site as well pinco), unfortunately there are no updates lately. In order to get them in I have to update the xml file in the icons folder and rename some of the spell icon files, once done though they display as usual :).

One little request: is it possible to make the text of the damage you do bigger again without changing the size of all the other texts? No need to make a switch or so just let me know what file I have to edit.

Tx again you guys for all your hard work!

D

Der Rock

Code:
4.9a

- Now if you double click an item in an NPC vendor you'll be able to enter manually the amount to buy.
- Fixed a bug with the new boat commands that were reversed.
- Now you can change the background of each hotbar slot by the slot context menu. Moving the icon or clear the slot will reset it to default.
- Changed the timer count on the buff/debuff icons, now if is higher than 60 seconds it shows the number of minutes instead of seconds.
- Added the skill loss debuff.
- Added 6 more Dermott textures.
excellent pinco

now, if you could make it possible to add the original color gold and that original skill color in to the texture list,you would make my day ;)

some suggestions if possible:
1.is it possible to show on open container in the headline the current/max weight of the open container?

2.possible to move the agent window (...pls ceep your mouse moving) ?
because it is in the center on top of your character and so you cant see if accidently something drops on the ground. obove the caracter would be nice ;)

3.minor issue, the invi icon is barly colorable,it stays grey,would be nice to remove the grey background and make the head dark ;)

thx for reading

Der Rock

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
excellent pinco

now, if you could make it possible to add the original color gold and that original skill color in to the texture list,you would make my day ;)

some suggestions if possible:
1.is it possible to show on open container in the headline the current/max weight of the open container?

2.possible to move the agent window (...pls ceep your mouse moving) ?
because it is in the center on top of your character and so you cant see if accidently something drops on the ground. obove the caracter would be nice ;)

3.minor issue, the invi icon is barly colorable,it stays grey,would be nice to remove the grey background and make the head dark ;)

thx for reading

Der Rock
The orginal color is golden as it was the one of the skills, I don't know where you see this "fantastic crystal color" since the old one was a rubbish green and the default gold :D

1 I can't read the item properties, so no.

2 is center screen and how can items fall to the ground? :O

3 we'll see...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well I put
- heal/bless/curse/resurrect on red
- cure/bless/curse on green
- invis/night sight/attack spells on blue

since you can make 3 choices per button should work :p
I guess you can if you're a better player than me :D. I don't see me effectively switching between spells on the button in mid fight, but I can put remove curse on a hotbar next to the pet health bar and fix it to 'target - stored' instead, np.

D

Der Rock

new golden is more matt golden... original golden is glaze golden
(dont know why, but the new golden has a shadow frame the old original not,so it looks realy bright on my monitors ) and the skills color original looks bright green ;)

sry that i cant link screenshots, the difference is realy visible

overall, your ui boost is again :thumbup:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I will be fleshing out the 6 mini-packs for inclusion this weekend. They will include both the hotbar slots and paperdoll nameplate.

These will include the Copper and Third Dawn textures as well as some blasts from the KR UI past as previewed above.

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, as always, a million thanks for the work you do. Truly amazing. :bowdown:
I'm not sure if this could be implemented or not, but some of the music in the game is either extremely irritating (Haven), or just plain doesn't fit (Britain). Some of the other music is great, and fitting to the occasion, but I leave the music off because of the annoying ones, so I don't get to hear the good ones. I realize that I could listen to whatever I wanted in EC Playsound, but it takes away from the ambience to have to manually select mood music.

If I could strike the annoying and unfitting ones from their in-game cues, and replace them with better examples, it would really make my whole year...

Some of the music from Ultima 7 was just fantastic, and I would make liberal use of it in UO if I had the know-how to make it happen. The combat music and the danger music were great, and some of the bar music would work very well in Buc's Den and Jhelom... As annoying as the Britain music was in U7, It still fits Britain's culture better than the garbage it is now.

Any way to let us mess with that? :D

M

Maestro_Sartori

im loving your UI Pinco, as a new player i never tested the Classic Client and with your UI EC is just what im looking for, thanks for your hard work on this :)

on last update what i really love is :

thanks alot for that one :)

not sure if it been asked or answered already but : corpses r sorted when u open them .. gold as first special items and so on ... would it be possible to sort the "normal" magical items after intensity ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, as always, a million thanks for the work you do. Truly amazing. :bowdown:
I'm not sure if this could be implemented or not, but some of the music in the game is either extremely irritating (Haven), or just plain doesn't fit (Britain). Some of the other music is great, and fitting to the occasion, but I leave the music off because of the annoying ones, so I don't get to hear the good ones. I realize that I could listen to whatever I wanted in EC Playsound, but it takes away from the ambience to have to manually select mood music.

If I could strike the annoying and unfitting ones from their in-game cues, and replace them with better examples, it would really make my whole year...

Some of the music from Ultima 7 was just fantastic, and I would make liberal use of it in UO if I had the know-how to make it happen. The combat music and the danger music were great, and some of the bar music would work very well in Buc's Den and Jhelom... As annoying as the Britain music was in U7, It still fits Britain's culture better than the garbage it is now.

Any way to let us mess with that? :D
use the action PlayMusic then enter the mp3 path and here you go :)

im loving your UI Pinco, as a new player i never tested the Classic Client and with your UI EC is just what im looking for, thanks for your hard work on this :)

on last update what i really love is :

thanks alot for that one :)

not sure if it been asked or answered already but : corpses r sorted when u open them .. gold as first special items and so on ... would it be possible to sort the "normal" magical items after intensity ?
I can't read the item properties so I can't sort by intesity.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have finished fleshing out the mini-textures and emailed them to Pinco.

Next will be to revamp the zip file for Copper, then update Third Dawn.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have finished fleshing out the mini-textures and emailed them to Pinco.

Next will be to revamp the zip file for Copper, then update Third Dawn.

Edit: Copper Texture Pack has been updated and is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller in size.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will deliver the new version in 1-2 days but all the new mini texture are ready :p

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use the action PlayMusic then enter the mp3 path and here you go
Eh... Is it possible to tie that command to a in-game cue, such as a location? Such that every time I enter a location, it will play the track automatically? Is it possible to find the actual music clip in the game files that plays for haven or whatever location, and replace it with a different track with the same name?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh... Is it possible to tie that command to a in-game cue, such as a location? Such that every time I enter a location, it will play the track automatically? Is it possible to find the actual music clip in the game files that plays for haven or whatever location, and replace it with a different track with the same name?
no, you can't.
Just disable the game music and use the play music action when you want :)

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, you can't.
Just disable the game music and use the play music action when you want
Bah, it kinda takes the mood away if you enter a dungeon and you have to play the dungeon music yourself...

Are the music files kept server side, and not accessible?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah, it kinda takes the mood away if you enter a dungeon and you have to play the dungeon music yourself...

Are the music files kept server side, and not accessible?
music is inside the uop files, I can make some tests and check if there is some way out of this :p

EDIT: no there is no way to makes the game read your data instead of the default mp3.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could the 'Note to Self' action be made to pop open a text box when used by itself and not part of a larger macro? Right now it just says "unknown Command" when I try to use it from a hotbar.

Sometimes I'd like to be able to leave myself notes in my journal... (I write synopsis of EM events and it would really help)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could the 'Note to Self' action be made to pop open a text box when used by itself and not part of a larger macro? Right now it just says "unknown Command" when I try to use it from a hotbar.

Sometimes I'd like to be able to leave myself notes in my journal... (I write synopsis of EM events and it would really help)
clear the action and retry, the action works fine :D

However for that purpose you need something different than the "note to self" since this is made for more simple tasks :p

D

Der Rock

hi pinco...

may i ask, why do you changed the icons ?

do we have to use the new icons for ever?

because i realy tried them ,but most of them irritate me :( or looks cartoonish ...(sry)

f.e. the old fireball icon looked like a flame above the hand...the new one looks

like i throw a ice-cream wafer........

i realy cant chum up with the most.

mostly the spell and skill icons i dont like...the other are ok

is it possible to give us an option wich spell and skill icons we use?

thx ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi pinco...

may i ask, why do you changed the icons ?

do we have to use the new icons for ever?

because i realy tried them ,but most of them irritate me :( or looks cartoonish ...(sry)

f.e. the old fireball icon looked like a flame above the hand...the new one looks

like i throw a ice-cream wafer........

i realy cant chum up with the most.

mostly the spell and skill icons i dont like...the other are ok

is it possible to give us an option wich spell and skill icons we use?

thx ;)
No there can't be any option for that, just write the name the icons and I'll take a look what can I do about.

D

Der Rock

No there can't be any option for that, just write the name the icons and I'll take a look what can I do about.
ok,i realy dont want to be unfair ;)

the old spell/skill icons... was a nostalgic UO feeling :)

the new ...

-Begging.... i realy dont like cats(remember me on cat-hat... :( )

-Forensics...sherlok holmes in UO..come on :)

-Taste Identification....looks from a japanese cartoon

-Throwing..... looks like from Keith Haring but not UO :)

-elemental spells looks almost the same for me :(

-fireball/mind blast cartoonish

-firefield /animal form/clumsy/explosion/earthquake ...undefinable

-agility..a cat again

maybe its only me...but even the EC should keep some old-fashioned UO feeling ;)

apart from that, glad to have you in UO ;)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I for one love the new icons. But the reason he had to redo the icons was to make them transparencies so they would work with the new mini texture pack system. I also love that cat. :)

But it doesn't matter what he does, someone is going to be unhappy, so it really is a no win situation in some ways. But I do think if he were to take a poll, most people would like the new icons, and you will get used to them, and if you really don't like them, you can always take the old icons and convert them so that they will work with the new system.

More choice is always good, but Pinco is only one guy, and as amazing as he is, there is only so much he can do. So if you would like to see more art choices, someone else is going to have to step up to the plate.

D

Der Rock

I for one love the new icons. But the reason he had to redo the icons was to make them transparencies so they would work with the new mini texture pack system. I also love that cat. :)

But it doesn't matter what he does, someone is going to be unhappy, so it really is a no win situation in some ways. But I do think if he were to take a poll, most people would like the new icons, and you will get used to them, and if you really don't like them,

you can always take the old icons and convert them so that they will work with the new system.

More choice is always good, but Pinco is only one guy, and as amazing as he is, there is only so much he can do. So if you would like to see more art choices, someone else is going to have to step up to the plate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you can always take the old icons and convert them so that they will work with the new system...................
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats all what i ask for....(i cant do such things) ;)
each his own........
diversity ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can always take the old icons and convert them so that they will work with the new system...................

thats all what i ask for....(i cant do such things) ;)
each his own........
diversity ;)
Old icons can't be converted at all.

I'll see what can I do for the other ones, but animal form is better than the original that was undefinable.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Impressive job!

But there's one thing I dislike. Why is there a (rather big) minimum size on the "minimap"? It's too big for my personal taste and I can't seem to make it smaller, just bigger...

Status
Not open for further replies.