• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rares Festival Discussion

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Re: Atlantic Rares Fest Bid

I'm sorry but when I posted my post, it was not inferring to you. I respect the criticism sometimes but if they're negative and meaningless comments, they need to be kept off.
So I guess that means you are referring that my comments are negative and meaningless. Seeing how you don't seem to be able to read between the lines let me make this a little clearer for you. Either grow a set and post a official thread about the fest or move over and let someone else do it. Or do we need to have ten more polls and bids about the damn thing. Sorry ya had my support but its waning rapidly.
Lineman, I can read between the lines and that post was not referring to you either. I grew a pair and took the heat. If you can open your eyes, I have had many posts regarding the rare's fest. Queen Arya took over my original thread since she is more, lets say, known in this community.

Open your eyes before you open your mouth.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make it like the Olympics. Have every shard who wants to host put up their proposal and then people can vote on it. Every shard which had a festival within the 4 or so should not be qualified. So Pacific, Chesapeake, Catskills and Lake Superior would not be eligible for the next one.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make it like the Olympics. Have every shard who wants to host put up their proposal and then people can vote on it. Every shard which had a festival within the 4 or so should not be qualified. So Pacific, Chesapeake, Catskills and Lake Superior would not be eligible for the next one.
I like this idea.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how it has been done in the past. However, plain votes do not mean much. The votes have to come from members of the rares community. Otherwise, it becomes a popularity contest with people voting for proposals for reasons other than merit. This was one of the reasons the, now defunct, rare council was formed with the council open for anyone wanting to join.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Atlantic Rares Fest Bid

Lineman, I can read between the lines and that post was not referring to you either. I grew a pair and took the heat. If you can open your eyes, I have had many posts regarding the rare's fest. Queen Arya took over my original thread since she is more, lets say, known in this community.

Open your eyes before you open your mouth.
Regardless if you were refering to someone else or not you are still saying someones opinion is meaningless. Just because you do not agree does not make it meaningless. But one thing I do agree with is that Arya take over promoting this event. As far as myself I think at this point I will pass on my offer to help run the AH.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
Let's just leave it up to the proposals. Every word that comes out of my mouth is twisted or misunderstood, I'll sit back and wait for the results.

:cheerleader:

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
and also I would like to apologize to those who have felt that my comments were harsh and offensive (Demonous, Restroom Cowboy, Lineman). I have been trying so hard for this fest and its been really stressful. Anything offensive that seems to be interpreted is totally unintentional.

:blushing:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No worries, and my apologies unto you too. Personally...if you guys/gals want to put in a proposal for fall...I am all for it. Anything before then would be a big waste of resources considering the number of fests already had this year.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and also I would like to apologize to those who have felt that my comments were harsh and offensive (Demonous, Restroom Cowboy, Lineman). I have been trying so hard for this fest and its been really stressful. Anything offensive that seems to be interpreted is totally unintentional.

:blushing:
No worries Bon, and I agree the whole set up can get stressful. But wait until the weekend of the event then you will know stress =) . My apologies as well.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think where and when the festival is being held poses much of a problem these days and here is why:

1. Messana and his EMs are at full-swing when it comes to events and items so there are plenty of those circulating around. Thus, the "lack" of high-end items during any festival won't be an issue not even if there was one to be held even as early as in June.

2. With that being said, I would like only Demonous, Sundia, and Linemen to run the silent auction portion. There are good reasons why I said that:
a. All of them mentioned are well established in the community over many years.
b. All of them are older people in real life and have steady lives (believe it or not this actually means something as it measures their ethics, morals, and maturity).

3. What is being sold on vendors I think are fine because of the range of collectors we have now. Don't forget one of the founding principles of why this was started back then in the first place was that we as a community can come together to buy/sell/trade/communicate/ and just have some good old fashion fun a few times a year. This was always meant to be "inclusive" and not "exclusive" and I think we have accomplished that at every festival.

4. This meant that a young player with only a few 50k-100k rare items to sell is just as welcomed to attend as an veteran collector with a billion gp rare to sell.

5. So what does this all mean? Simple:

a. Whoever wants to put up the next festival make an announcement with something along the lines of "the next rare festival will be held on ___ shard on ____ 2011. Included in this announcement should also contain:
1. Location with coordinates
2. Type of events you have in mind
3. Contact Demonous and Sundia to see if they are available (this should actually be done beforehand)
4. an announcement in the coming days of requesting vendor reservations.

And the rest is history :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I don't think where and when the festival is being held poses much of a problem these days and here is why:

1. Messana and his EMs are at full-swing when it comes to events and items so there are plenty of those circulating around. Thus, the "lack" of high-end items during any festival won't be an issue not even if there was one to be held even as early as in June.

2. With that being said, I would like only Demonous, Sundia, and Linemen to run the silent auction portion. There are good reasons why I said that:
a. All of them mentioned are well established in the community over many years.
b. All of them are older people in real life and have steady lives (believe it or not this actually means something as it measures their ethics, morals, and maturity).

3. What is being sold on vendors I think are fine because of the range of collectors we have now. Don't forget one of the founding principles of why this was started back then in the first place was that we as a community can come together to buy/sell/trade/communicate/ and just have some good old fashion fun a few times a year. This was always meant to be "inclusive" and not "exclusive" and I think we have accomplished that at every festival.

4. This meant that a young player with only a few 50k-100k rare items to sell is just as welcomed to attend as an veteran collector with a billion gp rare to sell.

5. So what does this all mean? Simple:

a. Whoever wants to put up the next festival make an announcement with something along the lines of "the next rare festival will be held on ___ shard on ____ 2011. Included in this announcement should also contain:
1. Location with coordinates
2. Type of events you have in mind
3. Contact Demonous and Sundia to see if they are available (this should actually be done beforehand)
4. an announcement in the coming days of requesting vendor reservations.

And the rest is history :)
I like Wisdom Thank you for this post

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Manticore,

Hats off to you! Well said.

Many new collectors need that one double except item to finish their home design or that corner piece to their tent collection and even several of the median collectors are just looking for that item that will inspire visitors when dropping by their house and then they see it posted on search UO for another shard.

To me thats what a Rares fest is, a chance to get ideas. To see whats out there. Get that item to finally finish a room that needed something special in it
and of course to gather with similiar players and have a great time

Again I thank you