• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] !!! List of current Enhanced Client bugs !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your are being attacked by mobs, use a bandage, dismount and remount on an ethy horse, your bandages disappear from pack. i can reproduce it to no end at champs, and its been around forever.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh okay i could reproduce it better now, you dismount, close the backpack, you open it again and use your etheral dropped in the hotbar to mount up, then the backpack closes and all things in the hotbars are greyed out, after opening the backpack all things are recounted expect the runebooks.
That did it, thanks. We'll look into what's going on.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something similar to the above is irritating me..

When I recall off a book in a hotbar, usually a rune in the book not set as default, the book's box is greyed out and it vanishes from my pack.

It used to be closing and reopening your pack fixed this, but it now requires a UI reload to resolve.

Very, very annoying.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh BTeng, can you also build a mount up function? I hate it to attack my pet when i want to mount up!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we are putting 'feature' requests in this thread, I have one that was put on U.Hall by Ra'Dian Fl'Gith about a week back, but I shall add to it...

One..
Could the chat log file for the EC be made persistent? Currently, this file is wiped with every launch of the client. 2D simply opens the current log file *for that character* and appends the text to the end. (thus a log file can grow to the frightening 32megs my little used 2D client has...)

UO players like to keep our logs for a variety of reasons and it is really annoying that the EC has a log, but doesn't keep a log. Please fix.

(Yes, there is a 3rd party program designed to copy and rename the EC log file before the client launches, but this is a stupefyingly simple feature to add...)

Two..
This is what Ra'Dian wants so he can parse the log files easier... Currently, the EC file lumps ALL text aside from global chat text into the same format. Alliance, party, and guild chat looks like normal on-screen chat. Global chat at least has the <8798769876> with the name...

Could Alliance/Party/Guild/Faction/Tells in the EC log please be prefaced with something as they are in the 2D log? (A) (P) (G) (F) (T) would be simple enough, and quite satisfactory.

This will allow journal parsers to easily remove the bulk of unwanted chatter from log files- and coming from someone who relies on logs for a great many things, this would be wonderful.

M

mr crabs

here is a new one after the last patch was in doom and died when i was in grey scale the screen looked stretched out and upside down ,if i moved a few tiles away from body and to another wall the screen righted its self and after rezzing everything was fine .

o btw it happened in a dungone also kinda annoying to have to figure out which way to move the mouse to make u move the way u want .

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
here is a new one after the last patch was in doom and died when i was in grey scale the screen looked stretched out and upside down ,if i moved a few tiles away from body and to another wall the screen righted its self and after rezzing everything was fine .

o btw it happened in a dungone also kinda annoying to have to figure out which way to move the mouse to make u move the way u want .
It's a version of this. You aren't the only one having this problem. I didn't get the screen shot of the one you've described, but I have had it.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One issue that has not been addressed yet and I haven't seen anyone else acknowledge is that I have legacy chat off and default M=map & W=war mode for example.. but if I bind Alt-M for invis, it will invis me and open my map. If I have Ctrl W set for equip weapon, it will also toggle my war mode. Ctrl+W should not act as if I hit W and CTRL+W. This happens with all those Default MMO key bindings in the options menu.
I'm happy to report that this bug is fixed!!! Woot!

T

Tukaram

Ahh okay i could reproduce it better now, you dismount, close the backpack, you open it again and use your etheral dropped in the hotbar to mount up, then the backpack closes and all things in the hotbars are greyed out, after opening the backpack all things are recounted expect the runebooks.
That did it, thanks. We'll look into what's going on.
I have a different 'grayed out' hotbar issue. When I cross a server line on my boat my runebooks and bag of sending get grayed out. You can't use them from the bar, but the macros that call for them work. When I go into my bag and pick them/set them down they show back up on my bar. Also the runebooks are invisible in my pack before I pick them up, but the bag of sending is visible in the pack.

If I use them from inside my backpack they work but still stay invisible in the pack, and grayed out on the hot bar. I can recall around and they still don't reset. We need a way to count resources like in UOAssist. That used to help a lot with odd issues like this.

Also when I cross the server line my character window and backpack close but that has always been an issue.

I am using the newest version of Copper, if that helps. (Actually I am using the newest version of copper. Whether it helps or not)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please can there be a look at leather gloves and sleeves. Most of time there are invisible or they have this strange square look. I took some picture from it:

Attachments

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it would be awesome if my paperdoll diddnt have to close whenever my criminal/innocent status changed.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lightning effects and Arrow effects are sometimes wrong attached and are flickering big over the whole screen.

Ahh and also this new eagle strike effect.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PLEASE, remove the 500+ Gas traps int he city of the dead that go off at once whenever you come on screen.

They will bring anyones computer to their knees. I have a GTX 285. My computer almost restarted itself.

Subject in matter:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you know how i was saying you cant make any waypoints in the EC in fel t2a.

Turns out they ALL go to fel brit moongate.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just thought I'd add, I just switched to Win 7 64. I'm not seeing any degradation in performance over time anymore. That was pretty much cleared up with pub 66, but with Win 7 64 it is completely gone. I'm also getting much better fps in heavily populated areas.

I haven't been able to get some things working with Win 7 64, but what is working is working much better, including the EC.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
buddy just killed a scripter, looted his pack dry. when i came on the scene the pack appeared to be full of immovable items that used to be on him

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PLEASE, remove the 500+ Gas traps int he city of the dead that go off at once whenever you come on screen.

They will bring anyones computer to their knees. I have a GTX 285. My computer almost restarted itself.

Subject in matter:
Ohh yes this is an old old KR bug i also got this bug with my 4890Xt. I think there is no graphics card who can handle this effect ;)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive notice a lot less lag since last patch, I have even attended an EM event without locking up and crashing.

Some more graphical enhancements and ill be happy!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive notice a lot less lag since last patch, I have even attended an EM event without locking up and crashing.

Some more graphical enhancements and ill be happy!
Yes a bit more sharpness would be fine and a difference between high middle and low settings ;)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
last night a few of us were in the new client. Rain still did not match up on the clients. it only rained for me.
Also!
When ever i threw a fishing net. The rain would stop until i killed the spawn, then start up again until i threw the next fishing net.
I was then attacked by pirates and crashed :(

F

Fink

A recent issue, or at least one I hadn't encountered or seen reported before:

If you hold CTRL-SHIFT for object handles, and you mouseover an obect handle, the tooltip for the related object appears. If you release CTRL-SHIFT before moving your cursor away, the tooltip stays onscreen. While this tooltip remains, no others can be displayed.

It can be dragged to the side if it's in the way, but it can only be cleared by mousing-over an object handle to produce another tooltip, then mousing-off the object handle to drop the new tooltip, then release CTRL-SHIFT.

This holds true for any object handle type (corpse, dynamic, etc).

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have an odd one. The application detection in ATI Tray Tools isn't working for the EC, so profiles don't load automatically. I think this is an EC issue because it works fine in other applications. This is on Windows 7 64 Pro. It worked fine in Windows XP with exactly the same hardware.

And it might not be the application detection that is broken. What I'm noticing specifically is that the colour profile isn't loading. As I said, it works fine in other applications, and it worked fine on Windows XP. I've tried running the EC in compatibility mode for Win XP and it didn't help.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an odd one. The application detection in ATI Tray Tools isn't working for the EC, so profiles don't load automatically. I think this is an EC issue because it works fine in other applications. This is on Windows 7 64 Pro. It worked fine in Windows XP with exactly the same hardware.

And it might not be the application detection that is broken. What I'm noticing specifically is that the colour profile isn't loading. As I said, it works fine in other applications, and it worked fine on Windows XP. I've tried running the EC in compatibility mode for Win XP and it didn't help.
Be sure that the ATI programm and the uosa.exe is on the same runlevel, if you start UOSA.exe with admin rights or with the launcher, which needs admin rights, the ATI programm maybe can not access or detect UOSA. Try to start uosa.exe directly.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Be sure that the ATI programm and the uosa.exe is on the same runlevel, if you start UOSA.exe with admin rights or with the launcher, which needs admin rights, the ATI programm maybe can not access or detect UOSA. Try to start uosa.exe directly.
Ya, I've tried running UOSA.exe with and without admin privileges - ATI Tray Tools requires admin privileges, with no success. Even starting the executable directly through ATT doesn't load the colour profile.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why my reply lost... can you save one more digit after decimal point to store values like 16.486
Sure, I'll adjust it to save out to four decimal places. Probably won't see it until the patch that comes with Pub66.5.
Nothing changed in recent patch :bdh:

CameraZoom and Viewport settings still have just TWO decimal points :twak:

All others like WindowPositions have SIX decimal points and they are useless there :rant2:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why my reply lost... can you save one more digit after decimal point to store values like 16.486
Sure, I'll adjust it to save out to four decimal places. Probably won't see it until the patch that comes with Pub66.5.
Nothing changed in recent patch :bdh:

CameraZoom and Viewport settings still have just TWO decimal points :twak:

All others like WindowPositions have SIX decimal points and they are useless there :rant2:
we just got pub 66.2
not publish 66.5
Still hope this happens tho.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Female gargoyles talons looking very strange below the ingame character since todays patch.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as visuals go clipping is murdering the client. The lower section of all player mobs clips above everything else. I can appear completely behind someone but my feet and knees will be in front of them. makes large gatherings look ridiculous.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we just got pub 66.2
not publish 66.5
Still hope this happens tho.
Nah, 66.2 was the targeted publish. I said 66.5 at the time because I thought that was the next publish number. Sorry for the confusion there. Anyway, the decimal place shifting for zoom settings will have to be for Pub67. It couldn't go through the QA process in time due to the handful of other things they needed to test first.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please can there be a look at leather gloves and sleeves. Most of time there are invisible or they have this strange square look. I took some picture from it:
Being a crafter this is a MASSIVE issue for me. To make a nice suit you need a lot of base items, trying to find the best pair of invisable gloves is not fun!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I have a new and wonderful bug. Today, all of a sudden, when I logged in, the EC started trying to open my trapped box over and over again... I have to log back off and on again to fix it, or I will die a horrible death... It wasn't open before I logged off.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I have a new and wonderful bug. Today, all of a sudden, when I logged in, the EC started trying to open my trapped box over and over again... I have to log back off and on again to fix it, or I will die a horrible death... It wasn't open before I logged off.
interesting, i haven't started using trapped boxes in pvp until the EC came out. I noticed the following:

If your trapped box stops working, place it on the ground or move it around in your pack until it changes direction, it should work now. this is however indeed, annoying.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bringing this back to the top and sticky! Keep in mind this is for Bugs not exploits if you have an Exploit either send a report to the devs or send to me in a pm and I will make sure it gets where it needs to!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One of the issues with with the EC if you use mods is that it can be difficult to sort out at times what is a problem with the EC, and what is a problem with the mod you are using. I'm thinking the problem with my trapped box that I reported was a problem with the mod I use. I haven't had that problem again since that day thankfully.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scaling is bad. I like to keep the UO window small on one of my computers.
Many menus don't display informational numbers when UO game is small and UI is reduced to about 95%:
1)I notice many vendor menus not showing numbers, like how much gold my vendor has and how many day's worth of gold they have.
2)crafting menu doesn't show ingredients needed
3)imbuing menu doesn't show intensity or other numbers

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scaling is bad. I like to keep the UO window small on one of my computers.
Many menus don't display informational numbers when UO game is small and UI is reduced to about 95%:
1)I notice many vendor menus not showing numbers, like how much gold my vendor has and how many day's worth of gold they have.
2)crafting menu doesn't show ingredients needed
3)imbuing menu doesn't show intensity or other numbers
Agreed!!!

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game randomly crashes to desktop several times in a few hour period. I know we all have our opinions on what is most important and to a crafter nestled in luna or haven this i sjust an annoyance. But to people pvping or farming goods and losing them this is game breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.