• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to.. (various Europa players)

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
John and Medea, I never met you in-game, but I was your neigbour a few years ago - and often visited your houses - I even remember the book you mentioned with the names in it. It was actually the first time I heard about the Bloodguard :). Hope to see you back again soon!

Arradin, come back you too! Then you won´t have to miss UO anymore ;).

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know we weren't forgotten completely :). I've been trying to install the game but the stupid home hub keeps disconnecting me :(..will get there eventually though..can't wait to see what's changed ! WOW was fun..and very absorbing but did not have the same community spirit that UO had and seems to still have. Can't abandon it totally though as we're gm's of a guild with 270 members..and love them all :).. Still excited :p

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss UO.

Seeing all these old people and hearing old names almost bring a tear in the eye :)
Hi :) I still have the castle that Belana designed mostly it's been kept the same in her memory. The wedding ring from her is on the display as well on the first floor.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi :) I still have the castle that Belana designed mostly it's been kept the same in her memory. The wedding ring from her is on the display as well on the first floor.
Heya!

Where is that? Totally forgot , but i´m glad to hear.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi arra

The location of castle is east of britain, and the coordinates are 33 N 50E.
The name on the sign post is Summer Retreat and owned by Ripsaw. Good To hear from you as well!

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She was noone public or so..

Just a really great person and friend.
One of those kindof people you are really happy you got to know.

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are back in game :) Living in the inn hehe. Is it normal to lose ones titles, after being away for a long time? Now we just have to figure out how to kill things etc etc etc..hmm something to do with the spellbook methinks :p Good to be back !!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is/was she? This place is great!
Belana and Arradin were part of our guild which was started when Europa was created. We had a guild called GOS (guardians of the sacred stone). at the peak we had over 75 members from all over the world. Along with dungeon crawls hunting PKers namely the best like sheep dog we all had a great time. We also did some role playing and such they were the best of time for me in UO. This was all pre trammel back then.

Belana sadly past away, but she always had the knack for making display's out of the most simple of things. Such as the aquarium, hot tub and flower arrangements out of wood and yarn etc. She will always be remembered as a very kind, generous and enjoyable player to be around. The castle serves in her memmory.

Arra my brother has pics of the wedding and I believe other events that we had so hopefully when he gets back from vacation, I'll ask him to post them on this page. BTW the ring was moved to the second floor in the bedroom, sadly when she had the rings made it just has the person who recieved the ring. So mine just says Riply on it along with the date of the event.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Belana and Arradin were part of our guild which was started when Europa was created. We had a guild called GOS (guardians of the sacred stone). at the peak we had over 75 members from all over the world. Along with dungeon crawls hunting PKers namely the best like sheep dog we all had a great time. We also did some role playing and such they were the best of time for me in UO. This was all pre trammel back then.

Belana sadly past away, but she always had the knack for making display's out of the most simple of things. Such as the aquarium, hot tub and flower arrangements out of wood and yarn etc. She will always be remembered as a very kind, generous and enjoyable player to be around. The castle serves in her memmory.

Arra my brother has pics of the wedding and I believe other events that we had so hopefully when he gets back from vacation, I'll ask him to post them on this page. BTW the ring was moved to the second floor in the bedroom, sadly when she had the rings made it just has the person who recieved the ring. So mine just says Riply on it along with the date of the event.
I would love said pictures . Been looking around everywhere collecting pictures and videos of old days .. sadly i never took screenys myself. :(

Please get back to me ! :)

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there :)...we are back in game now :)...I am intrigued as to what 'the other bits' are :)...

G

GEveline

back to Zofinor

killed himself? real life issues, tell me this is not ACTUALLY fact, but just game killed?

and no, never did get an explaination, not on the boards, nor would we, but i have not seen him on ICQ for years, or posting on the board, if there was a sound conclusion i would have expected to see him ingame by now

hope all is well with him :(
in fact its a sad anniversary.
thats why i returned and return here now: this time of the year reminds me to him

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing that list of names really brought back memories *sighs*.

I've been in contact with Lady Breigh since then and as far as I know, she tries various MMOs once in a while but isn't really hooked on any at the moment and is enjoying real life to the fullest.

I have recently been in contact with Lemo as well through Facebook but I don't know if he's playing anything currently, I'll however post this link on his and Lady Breigh's wall as well.

Got a nice letter from Orangebeard around a year ago but also don't know whether he plays anything now. I've sent him a notification of this thread also.

I've kept my accounts open all these years (although I did shut down three out of five, leaving just two open - one for me, one for my sons :) but admittedly I spend more time in WoW where I run a guild called The Elders for adult players on a roleplaying server. UO is always in my heart though and it's first place as the game which has given me the richest MMO experiences, remains. My older son however plays it still very actively and now that he's starting to come of age and his UO interests have matured, we might start doing some fun things together. :)

L

Lord_Lemo

Hey!! Who knows what my old username and password for this place is, but Hiya!

I am well, played DAoC for a bit then GW, has a go on STO but it was rubbish, not really playing any MMO's these days.

I hope everyone is well who still is, I imagine everything is very different now and hardly anyone from the old days is still about?

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Breigh doesn't have her account here on Stratics anymore, but you can find her blog here:

http://www.breigh.com/wordpress/

And she said any old friends from her old UO days are free to add her on Facebook as well. (Tammy Canavan-Soldaat).

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Waves to Saphgireena* Mim (ex the Beauty, now Foxglove) is still here if you remember me, you had so many friends. We met first time when you ressed my bard and I soon ended up in your chat channel with the finnish ladies!)

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Waves to Saphgireena* Mim (ex the Beauty, now Foxglove) is still here if you remember me, you had so many friends. We met first time when you ressed my bard and I soon ended up in your chat channel with the finnish ladies!)
Of course, how could I forget! :) Your beautiful house was just south of Trinsic at the time, wasn't it? Hehe oh is that how we met? Cute! Some of the nicest people I've met through ressing them in games. Me and a guy I ressed in DaoC one time fell for one another! (passionate yet short MMO romance) Just goes to show ressing people leaves an impact!

K

-Ky-

Hail! Ky Wild checking in.

It's many years since I posted here, but I do lurk from time to time and just noticed this thread. Enjoyed reading it and seeing some familar names, and I now feel quite nostalgic :)

I have mixed feelings about my time playing UO (2000-2003 I think). I was totally sucked into it during a difficult time in my life, and in some ways I was unhealthily addicted. However, it was a wonderful thing to be addicted to and I have many, many fond memories from playing the game and the INCREDIBLE community that existed on Europa. I hope that the community is still as rich and absorbing for those who play now.

I hope everyone is doing well. If anyone would like to contact me: I use facebook (search for me using email [email protected]). Be good to catch up!

All the best,
Ky

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I saw this thread and had to post something. I wonder if anyone remembers me :).

It's been a while since I visited these forums. I tried to reactivate my old account name when Laton sadly passed away but someone else had taken my name it would appear in the server swop over. I hope those of you still playing from when I played UO are well /waves at Barian and Petra and that you have as many fond and sad memories as I do of Ultima Online.

I currently run a fairly successful WoW Guild, with quite a few ex GYE and DCL - Guardians of Yew and The Darkcloaks members on Aerie Peak EU called - The Grey Council as one of the surviving members of Calador's family - Barathorn.

I am hoping I guess to get back in touch with people via this thread, so Seriya and Val, if you are reading, get in touch!

Good to see Stratics thriving, I enjoyed my time as a reporter here.

Take care all, as ever I peddle stories and hope some of you carried on in my footsteps when I left for new shores.

As ever, your friend,

/bows

Dain/Calador/Garrett/Barathorn

GM of GYE
Founding Member of DCL
Champion of the Ancient Oak/Red Knight of the Ancient Oak
Storyteller
Founder of 'Gyevale' and 'Hawks Hollow' - Player run towns
Dwarven Blacksmith
Wow, never thought I would see you again. You would remember me as Philomena. I remember spending a good deal of time with you. Good to see your doing well! Take care.

S

Stiabhna

The Black Cat died (he was actually a cat. Killed by a car) and Gaian-Orlanthii left several times, came back several times and then gave it up to become an Engineer. Apparently he's happy and brews his own beer.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fox hasnt played in a good while now. Guess he is bussy riding his MC or something.

Anyway ive been looking for an old time friend for ages. I cant remember her speling but it was something like:
Arthemist Reah?
Artemist Rhea?

Allways played that char, a tamer allways sitting at the water near brit bank. Would be cool to hear what shes up to if anyone knows!

And btw Medea as Medea from _F_?

A

Apocalyptica

I am kinda back after a rather longer break ;-) Always kept my accounts active, just knew I be back ;-) So hello to all that might remeber me :)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember you ! Great decorated desert shop Oasis, selling plants. Unusual names on the chars, I wont even try to spell any of them:D

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey!! Who knows what my old username and password for this place is, but Hiya!

I am well, played DAoC for a bit then GW, has a go on STO but it was rubbish, not really playing any MMO's these days.

I hope everyone is well who still is, I imagine everything is very different now and hardly anyone from the old days is still about?

That's a familiar name, possibly so long ago I may be mistaken but "hi" if not :)

Some things are different but many remain the same, thankfully. A surprising number of old names springing up .. who knows what will happen next ...

K

Korax

Oh, this thread is already 6 month old, but whatever. Good to hear people are doing fine. Hi Tammy, Hi Jon (hope I remember the names right) :) Probably noone else from the old NbN crowd around ?

Unfortunately, UO seems to be nothing but a shadow of it's former self, but it was and probably still is the best MMORPG in terms of depth and the community behind it. Actually a community that deserves to be called one, compared to what other games, especially WoW offer today, even though there were jerks in UO as well, of course.

Fond memories, sometimes I even feel the urge to log into UO. If there were only more decent people playing it, who actually turned UO into what it used to be for a lot of us ...

Oh well, back to work :-/

A late happy new year to everyone and good luck :)

B

Baphomet

Ahaha I sensed a disturbance in the force - thought someone was talking about me! I havent visited here in yeaaaaaars - and its been even longer since I played! That was a real nostalgia trip, most of the names mentioned in Trevs list were my 'era' so to speak. Thanks for all the warm fuzzy memories - its genuinely nice to see so many of you are still around and active.

*grouphugs*

Woot! Stratics Legend and dont you forget it! :D

M

Macrophage999

I wanted to if I may post a few names of people who aren't on Trev's list and who haven't posted in this thread who I consider to be worthy of 'Legend' status even though they may not have been prominant posters on the forums. These people made UO enjoyable for the right and in some cases [SuperBoB you took trolling to a new level :)] wrong reasons.

Reti from FrY
Moulie the Moderator
Laton [R.I.P Chris]
Barian
Tamara from GYE/Gorbash from DCL
Lord Ulysses
Draxandru Rose
Baker from The Ancient Oak
SuperBoB
Zen
Piourke
Tarmon Gaidon
Seriya Delacy
Anita from GYE
BickyCat from GYE
Neidre
Xi Nightingale
Sisay/Merc
hehe Piourk and Tarmon is a lot of remembers to me. Piourk for being the very nice GM of ELR, and French (thus being ELR and French like me at some point of the game), and T'armon for always dieing to my 5 dragons and mare (and being the first Red I every killed). Good ole times.

Ky Wild as far as I recall you were also in ELR right?

Other people I d like to have news from:
People from Eden, specifically link,moiraine and Araya/Bocelli.
Old friends from 999 (Phil, Slamdar and the others).
Old friends from EaT, like Marie Luna, Peshkar, my greek friend whose name I forgot :)(()
Other friends, Lady Agnes, Lady esmeralda (Zagor, Zagor Tenay...), Lady Nadia (even though I see him blinking on skype every so and then) and his devilish friends whose name I forgot.
People from Del or DDI which I was not really friend with, like hatchett harry (I owned a house on a slot occupied by the HH castle...)
People haunting Khaldun, like Vengeance *ohohoh santa klaus* or Az.
Enemies from O/C guilds that I really, physically hated :))
Many names I forgot, but I really remember, if you come by just say hi!

Some people mentioned about ipslore and shazam, they both been in game lately.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
in fact its a sad anniversary.
thats why i returned and return here now: this time of the year reminds me to him
If it is not too painful, will you be able to PM me? This has been troubling me for some time

Jack

L

Lord_Lemo

Oh, this thread is already 6 month old, but whatever. Good to hear people are doing fine. Hi Tammy, Hi Jon (hope I remember the names right) :) Probably noone else from the old NbN crowd around ?

Unfortunately, UO seems to be nothing but a shadow of it's former self, but it was and probably still is the best MMORPG in terms of depth and the community behind it. Actually a community that deserves to be called one, compared to what other games, especially WoW offer today, even though there were jerks in UO as well, of course.

Fond memories, sometimes I even feel the urge to log into UO. If there were only more decent people playing it, who actually turned UO into what it used to be for a lot of us ...

Oh well, back to work :-/

A late happy new year to everyone and good luck :)
Hey Korax, wow I am impressed you remembered my name lol! How's it going. I would like to say I could remember yours, Ben or something? It's been a while!!

Happy new year to you too!

D

Deric Brokenhelm

Who are all these new ppl you guys are discussing?

[Edit]: Almost forgot something.. *Blows a kiss at Petra*

D

dether

Must stop my occasional peek at the posts here or I may have to resub again, So many good memories from UO, cant believe its been over 12 years since I was running around Yew wondering what the hell these strange folks (rper's) were doing near the orc fort whilst hiding from reds.Then joined Yews very own boys in blue FRY where I met Reti (GM) and Cal/Dain, being killed by pk's at yew graveyard was great fun although I think we may have done some hiding in the guildhouse on occasion :)
Nice to see some names here I remember, and sad to see so many gone from UO.
As well as players I also wonder what happened to places like Deepwater as these places were another brilliant part of the game that I've never found in another mainstream mmo :)
Anyway must resist the pull of that old revolving door, must resi............

Currently playing Eve so If you know Caliburn that's me.

Caliburn (FRY) UO 98-? Owner of Ugs supplies, the place for the very best in UO tat (closed)

Scenic Nevins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone of you remember what happened to Feersum Endjin? I think he switched to some of the old ELR chaps at some point.

Him and me had that small stone tower next to the gate for a year..but he suddenly changed playing grounds, then dissapeared.
My characters wore so deeply in the red zone back then, which he never switched to.

I have to say, one of the most memorable persons I've encountered ingame (tho that was abit of the newer age) was Tam Seeka. Sadly she passed away very sudden IRL somewhere in 2003 or 04 I think.

Zofinur wasnt exactly innocent tho... He officialy claimed he never did anything wrong, but along with quite a few of the older uo auction team who passed quite alot of duped items, he basicly got nicked.

Same about another one, called himself Mandrake... (He had a RP style name char also, but I cant remember it) Which claimed to be one of the good guys selling quite alot of UO gold on ebay, suddenly got banned also.
In his case the accusations wore selling hacked accounts and various ingame abuse to get to the gold.
I know of atleast 2 guys who bought accounts from him that was suddenly siezed by osi and returned to they'r original owners.
Weather this was an ebay hoax by the buyers or actually Mandrakes fault can't really be proven. (as this is even today a common ebay hoax, used alot to scam WoW accounts nowdays)

Edit: Suddenly came to me... Mandrake aka Brian Hood

Z

zonifur

Zofinur wasnt exactly innocent tho... Same about another one, called himself Mandrake
you are absolutely right about me and my buddy mandrake. now that i grew up and i am allowed back to the game i can tell you that i am really sorry for all what happened.
hope you will give us a huge welcome-back party soon.

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hope you will give us a huge welcome-back party soon.
A welcome back party? You'll have to prove you've actually changed your ways before I'll be pleased to see you return.

At least you admit your mistakes and show some regret. That's a good start.

No, it's way too early for a party but a second chance you can have :scholar:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He'll have to prove he's Zofinur first.....................:talktothehand:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Zonifur, Zofinor whatever yr name is

Nah bull**** matey

He was deeply hurt by the ban i have pm's from a friend of his that said so much went wrong, so i do NOT believe you, and certainly not with a simple statement like that

Zof that i know,knew would not even waste time with such a statement as he was always convinced of his innocence

sounds like you are a questionable person who is hoping to use him name to scam mislead people out of their goodwill etc

G

Greyshaft

I remember Yves he was a house behind me just outsiode of brit between on the path to the mine. Sallybuttons wonder if same one who was in The EKC.

I had friends in game back then, Depledge, MarkxI El garda Korystan Helmere Rudolph to name a few.

Games changed alot hopefully will be back on track as some have stated really went down hill because of all the wrong changes, But back for a while.
:bowdown:

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For EKC news, the best person to speak to might be a player with the stratics name of Kas Althume.

B

Bluefin

I was missing my nightmare, and ended up here.
Great to see so many familiar names

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember you well, Bluefin. Good to see your name pop up even if it's without your old shark avatar. :thumbsup:

R

Rabin

Lots of familiar names in this thread.

I still keep thinking of coming back, even after years of other MMOs. None of them make fishing as much fun as UO used to. :)

Glad to see Kas Valentine is still slacking...

Started coming to Stratics pre-Trammel and we even got told to 'shut up for a while' at one point for babbling too much *coughs* as the old PWG were notorious for that sort of thing.

Funnily enough, we still keep in touch on Facebook, unlike many guildies from other games who you never hear from again.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heihachi and Tantos of Selune are both RL friends of mine, and they both quit UO for good, I hold both their accounts safely. (because ill never let go, heh)

-Azuth Of Selune

I

ironpino

To update on the missing persons list;
Bijtje <-- playing wow
rwrj88 <--- just stopped wow
kryten <-- playing wow
vicious <-- playing wow
dream <-- playing wow
joy <-- has quit playing uo and also has quit wow
martor <-- playing wow
hieronymous <-- playing wow
firekka <-- playing wow
valmer <-- playing wow
tyrion <-- has quit playing uo and also has quit wow, don't know where he is now
severe <-- has quit playing uo and also has quit wow, don't know where he is now
brak <-- doesn't play wow but still is lurking the website
Desire <- has quit playing uo and never went to wow
Dummy<- has quit playing uo and never went to wow
All went to play wow on the eu server Hellscream. Most are still in the guild Guardians of Destiny, but playing less wow.
Guardians of Destiny [Patching Since 1999] Hellscream EU

What happend to Hemisphere? he still ownes me a lot of ingame money, is he still around in uo?
Anyone know what happend to Satan, he owned a big plot next to me in the first ring in luna in the north?
Vibe?

What happend to Apple Infantry? are they still stealing scrolls in fel?

To good memories

Anyone know if there is any way to get a "free back for xx days in uo" just to check out your old accounts and see if ya can get the spirit back? Still miss those days, but I have 3 accounts, and not sure which one was my main account, don't wanne res all my account for 10dollar each

grtz Irofist/Grote Smurf/Darth Sidious and don't know my other chars anymore

V

VortexEU

Vortext/Zorrro here - Well i started reading this hoping to see old friends etc

Unfortunately its been sad to see that some old friends have actually not only left but past away.

Lady Belana RIP - if anyone can PM me and let me know what happened would be much appreciated. She was someone i spoke to alot in game and was such a lovley person, really is such a massive shame, very very sad to hear.

There are a few people i'd like to find too

NameTalzee
Sir Killalot (Also had a char called Rince, i'm very much hoping the referance to Rince in the sad passing off Cara Lacey was not the girl that he met - anyone confirm that? although it does ring a bell)
Smolf (valoria)
sabre (valoria)
Zofinur (looks like could be bad news, again if someone could PM me that would be great..well not great)
Aurora
Kajlios The Wise
Lady Puppie
Trev (Where was my mention!!!)
Paolo Marco (Ian)
Ultima Online
Lady Nico

Anyone else who remembers me, drop me a line! - I've just made a return been gone for 3 years.

Few people I've spotted in here who i've not seen for a while, Arradin - you were around when i first started playing! Leto, Trev

I also occasionally speak to Hemi - Hes no longer playing UO obviously, he recently had quite a nasty accident (fell a considerable height) but has recovered well.

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vortext/Zorrro here - Well i started reading this hoping to see old friends etc

Unfortunately its been sad to see that some old friends have actually not only left but past away.

Lady Belana RIP - if anyone can PM me and let me know what happened would be much appreciated. She was someone i spoke to alot in game and was such a lovley person, really is such a massive shame, very very sad to hear.

There are a few people i'd like to find too

NameTalzee
Sir Killalot (Also had a char called Rince, i'm very much hoping the referance to Rince in the sad passing off Cara Lacey was not the girl that he met - anyone confirm that? although it does ring a bell)
Smolf (valoria)
sabre (valoria)
Zofinur (looks like could be bad news, again if someone could PM me that would be great..well not great)
Aurora
Kajlios The Wise
Lady Puppie
Trev (Where was my mention!!!)
Paolo Marco (Ian)
Ultima Online
Lady Nico

Anyone else who remembers me, drop me a line! - I've just made a return been gone for 3 years.

Few people I've spotted in here who i've not seen for a while, Arradin - you were around when i first started playing! Leto, Trev

I also occasionally speak to Hemi - Hes no longer playing UO obviously, he recently had quite a nasty accident (fell a considerable height) but has recovered well.

Hi, the woman sir killalot/ rincewind met in UO and went on to marry in RL, is indeed Cara lacey... R.I.P Cara x

V

VortexEU

Hi, the woman sir killalot/ rincewind met in UO and went on to marry in RL, is indeed Cara lacey... R.I.P Cara x
That's horrible horrible news :(
He was one of my first friends in UO, and he was so so so happy when he married, Anyone in contact with him now? If someone could pass along his details

Ommy2k7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im still 'ere.. keepin the place lookin top draw..

Nico where the EFF you been?! where were you when i was drunk two weeks ago n bank sat at Brit bank till 4am... ?!

pff.. too cool for school i bet..

Om.

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's horrible horrible news :(
He was one of my first friends in UO, and he was so so so happy when he married, Anyone in contact with him now? If someone could pass along his details
Rince has quit UO, he is doing fine now thou. Ill pm you his ICQ so you can catch up x