• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another 120 fisherman hits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally hit 120 last night man o man feels good !!!!!! and popps...i still am fishing up footwear!!!! guppy legendary.jpg

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations !

As a Legendary fisherman, please support the pledge to the Developers to ask for better and increased bonuses at Legendary fisherman status.

First bonus being, no longer having to fish up footwear as well as catching nothing messages, but other added bonuses also being increased chances at all goodies that fishing brings as compared to lower skill levels.

Now that you are 120.0 Legendary, may I ask you whether you may feel upset to have, for most goodies that fishing can bring, the same exact chances that a normal GM 100.0 fisherman has ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for starting another thread that will nonetheless resort into "Why do other people get it, and I don't" discussion....

However, congratulations on your achievement. Well played.

Certainly not from me..... my point in regards to the fishing orders' rewards is irrelevant as in regards I may or not get the reward but more that I disagree with the way they have been assorted and tied to the orders.

For example, in my post about my 6-liner order of 230 points out of the max 240 possible that ended up with me getting a fire fish bait which I consider hardly needed, I stated very clearly at the start of my post that I already had received a 110 previously.

My complaint is not whether I get or not an item, my complaint is about a game mechanic which I see as wrong and needing adjustments.

Better orders should bring better rewards, always. This simple concept is the point I am trying to raise up.

As it is now, worse orders can bring home better rewards than much better orders. I totally disagree with this.

G

Gowron

Thanks for starting another thread that will nonetheless resort into "Why do other people get it, and I don't" discussion....

However, congratulations on your achievement. Well played.

Certainly not from me..... my point in regards to the fishing orders' rewards is irrelevant as in regards I may or not get the reward but more that I disagree with the way they have been assorted and tied to the orders.

For example, in my post about my 6-liner order of 230 points out of the max 240 possible that ended up with me getting a fire fish bait which I consider hardly needed, I stated very clearly at the start of my post that I already had received a 110 previously.

My complaint is not whether I get or not an item, my complaint is about a game mechanic which I see as wrong and needing adjustments.

Better orders should bring better rewards, always. This simple concept is the point I am trying to raise up.

As it is now, worse orders can bring home better rewards than much better orders. I totally disagree with this.
And, it begins. As stated by Popps prior to replying to me...

"As a Legendary fisherman, please support the pledge to the Developers to ask for better and increased bonuses at Legendary fisherman status.

First bonus being, no longer having to fish up footwear as well as catching nothing messages, but other added bonuses also being increased chances at all goodies that fishing brings as compared to lower skill levels."

Once again, Popps gets an "in" to forward his incessent complains and campaigning for stuff because he is inconvenienced and wronged in his own psyche. If you were going to deny it Popps, it would have been better for you to just leave this crap off the thread. But, for the matter, now you know how valuable bait is, considering Popps takes it every time.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again, Popps gets an "in" to forward his incessent complains and campaigning for stuff because he is inconvenienced and wronged in his own psyche.

Uhu ?

How can I be inconvenienced when I do not even have a Legendary fisherman character ??

I am supporting the added bonus to Legendary fisherman status regardless from my personal situation. Infact, I do not have a legendary fisherman at all.......

I just happen to think that it would just be fair to all those who became a Legendary Fisherman if the game provided them with added bonuses as to what is currently, that is, merely some more chances to pull up a rare fish.

And, I repeat that to make sure I am not misunderstood, I am not saying this because I have a Legendary fisherman and I want bonuses for me, because I do not have a Legendary fisherman.

I just am convinced that this would be the right thing to do (providing added bonuses to being a Legendary fisherman).

Can I support an idea simply because I believe it as the right thing to do even when I do not have personal convenience from the implementation of that chance ?

Hope it is clearer now.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow didnt want to start a thread about who gets what or to start anything negative about fishing.i am lucky due to my wife and i play together and share everything in this game wish has enabled me to get to 120.by sharing all our fishing and rewards we were able to boost me ahead in quest. till i got that lucky roll to get the scroll.we found we catch things the other needs a lot of the time, and for some reason,i do way better crabbing then she does.None theless,its a awesome feeling getting to 120 in any skill i shoot for and love to share that with anyone who will look at this thread.i have discovered at fishing now for 2 days at 120 the rare fish seem to be popping up more frequently and others i still cant get even with bait.. hence the stone fish i had a 200 use bait thought id go get it in t2a and after 100 uses and no fish decided to get more bait and try again were as in continuing quest i had to sail from skara to moonglow and landed two kingfish... i have never caught one till last night and got 2!!!so as my wife and i have been doing posting and letting our thoughts known we will let you know whats we see and find in hope to imroving everyones gaming experience..

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
F me.

I'm embarrassed this guy plays my shard.

I really really am.

G

Gowron

Uhu ?

How can I be inconvenienced when I do not even have a Legendary fisherman character ??

I am supporting the added bonus to Legendary fisherman status regardless from my personal situation. Infact, I do not have a legendary fisherman at all........
You are "inconvenienced" because your first postings on this and other issues has been consistently "I haven't gotten this, therefore it is bugged/ill-designed/broken".

I just happen to think that it would just be fair to all those who became a Legendary Fisherman if the game provided them with added bonuses as to what is currently, that is, merely some more chances to pull up a rare fish.
Once again, this is within your norm of whining and complaining, just like your constant rambling about how hard it is for you to get ML ingredients. Quite frankly, it's sufficient for the time being that the Developers have breathed new life into fishing, and since nobody knows as of yet what the full range of benefits are to 120, it is too premature to start whining and complaining.

And, I repeat that to make sure I am not misunderstood, I am not saying this because I have a Legendary fisherman and I want bonuses for me, because I do not have a Legendary fisherman.

I just am convinced that this would be the right thing to do (providing added bonuses to being a Legendary fisherman).
You may not be a legendary fisherman as of yet, but despite your claims, the underlying mantra is you want more, therefore you warrant it just because you want.

Can I support an idea simply because I believe it as the right thing to do even when I do not have personal convenience from the implementation of that chance ?

Hope it is clearer now.
You can support or not support whatever you choose. However, the manner in which you convey it is no more than a self serving purpose not necessarily for where you are now, but for where you aspire to get to, and by God it had better be soon and at your convenience.

Enjoy playing Catskills. I am glad we're not on the same shard. I dread to think what kind of frivolous garbage gets spread in global chat when you are actually in game...

Yes, it is clearer now, not only do you promote things for your own purposes, but you actually try to BS everyone that you are doing so for the common good...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are "inconvenienced" because your first postings on this and other issues has been consistently "I haven't gotten this, therefore it is bugged/ill-designed/broken".

Well, apparently I was not able to express myself clearly which surprises me and quite some since I thought I had said it well clearly that I already had received my 110 and so was not in need of another....
The fact that I expected a fishing order to bring a certain reward does not mean at all that I needed that reward. I say it again, I already had received a 110 fishing powerscroll earlier.

Nonetheless, it is my opinion that, since that fishing order was almost the very best order possible for that category (without dungeon fish), me, any player playing the game should have received 100% granted the best reward for that category, a 110 PS, even if they had already recived 30 110 PS earlier.

The point being, that it does not matter, as I see it, whether me or any other player needs a powerscroll or has gotten 3,000 of them already; the point is, as I see it, that better orders should always bring home better rewards. End of discussion, IMHO.

I just see it as wrong, very wrong, that worse rewards may bring home (as currently is....) better rewards than better orders.

Whether a player needs a reward or has already recived thousands before, this means nothing. Better orders should always bring home better rewards, IMHO.

Is that clear enough, now ? My personal gain or expectations mean nothing.
This is about a simple concept as I see it : Better orders should always bring home better rewards.

Do I need to repeat it again ?

Once again, this is within your norm of whining and complaining, just like your constant rambling about how hard it is for you to get ML ingredients.
As in regards to ML ingredients, my point for alternate sources was supported by others among which, a moderator for the Stratics' Craftsman Forum, who is knowledged and experienced on the topic.

Quite frankly, it's sufficient for the time being that the Developers have breathed new life into fishing, and since nobody knows as of yet what the full range of benefits are to 120, it is too premature to start whining and complaining.
I am afraid that the news from those who have reached 120 Legendary fishing so far, hint that other than a little more chance to fish up rare fish there is not much else as a bonus for being a Legendary fisherman. The very least thing one would have expected upon reaching Legendary Fishing was to end having to pull up footware and we have been already told by several 120 legendary fisherman that they still fish up footware, unfortunately.

And, I am afraid I cannot say that all is fine and dandy anyways just because we have been given some new life to fishing. As it is now, I think, Legendary fisherman status is incomplete.

It just makes no sense to me that a 120.0 Legendary fisherman gives the same bonuses as 100.0 GM fisherman saved the little increased chance to fish up rare fish.

Being a 120.0 Legendary fisherman (which I am not, so, whatever extra bonus they had would not benefit me in any ways....) should bring added bonuses, and quite some, as compared to lower skill level.

You may not be a legendary fisherman as of yet, but despite your claims, the underlying mantra is you want more, therefore you warrant it just because you want.

If I wanted it that much I would have simply bought a 120 PS and be done with it (I have the gold for it....). I have not done it.
Tells me wonder whether I really want or not that Legendary fisherman.........

You can support or not support whatever you choose.
In theory it seems but in practise when I try to raise a point about a game mechanic which I think is not working well or right or as I think it should, my right to support that opinion ends up where ???

However, the manner in which you convey it is no more than a self serving purpose not necessarily for where you are now, but for where you aspire to get to, and by God it had better be soon and at your convenience.
I guess different people have different ways to express their opinions. Others have theirs I have mine. This does not mean, though, that whenever I express an opinion of mine over a game mechanic which I disagree with, this is because of personal interest. I see something which I think is not working right and I say it whether that interests me or not.
Dissenting over something is an implicit call to make that something better, omproved. Fix what is wrong to make it right, better. This, regardless whether I may or may not gain anything from the fix. It is just for the fix itself, for the enjoyment to see something which was previously perceived as not working wel, to then be fixed and finally work better for the overall better being of the game itself.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing wrong with announcing the news of a 120 scroll, They are very hard to get and hearing people are getting them is great news for those busy doing quests. If you don't like the threads, Don't read them.

Let's end this now incase it gets nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.