• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 69 - Partial notes

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the changes for reflect. I'll probly have to change a couple suits around a little because I used reflect/ra to balance resists in a couple places, but not that big of an adjustment.

Ninjitsu, was it really needed? I didn't feel like death strike is overpowered, why the need to take damage down even further? The only people running jitsu now will cap it at 80 just to run away in llama. Gonna make people pick up another skill on an already cramped template just to get deathstrike damage?

Hide/Invis vs Detect - I think that is a really good change. Does this count only when revealed by detect hidden, or does area affect damage also reveal and count as detecting someone.

Lumberjacking - Long overdue. My sampire uses LJ, so I'm interested to see what this does to my damage.

Mystic - I think the nerf to cleansing is good, and doesn't seem to underpower it at first glance. Gives poisoners a purpose again. Also another reason to actually use debuffs.

Plague - Does hit spell on weapons count as 'spell damage' to trigger this? What about nerve strike, since technically it is a 'bushido spell' (same with deathstrike).

Potion weight - I like it.

Nerve Strike - the calculation was wrong? Seemed that I was always doing 15-25 dmg at 120 and thats what the formula said I should be doing. Can anyone confirm there is any change?
Deathstrike certainly didn't need a nerf. As for nerve it wasn't doing the correct damage actually. I just tested them both on TC last night and now they both suck lol

Plague is junk now when up against 120 resist. So everyone.....welcome to.....ARCHERS ONLINE! :loser:

C

canary

It is if youre a Roleplayer and do RP-PvP, I only hope Mesanna will understand this.
Indeedy. I just don't think that this is a change I personally feel, anyways, is necessary.

And for more selfish reasons, yeah, the 'suit thing' is an issue.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
TBH I'm not thrilled about the changes to Magic Reflection, like others have said some use it to balance out their suits.
This! I just finished imbuing a new suit last week. I use magic reflect to even out the resits. This will make me go back to the drawing board with that suit. Other than the potential impact to the resist balancing, I like what I hear about actually reflecting spells.

Other than that, everything else sounds like a welcomed change. I look forward to testing this out on TC.

-OBSIDIAN-

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got to say, these changes look really interesting! I'd like to see an additional timer come down on pots - especially cure pots. An item shouldn't nullify an entire skill.

Anonymoose

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hahaha

down with the mytics!

took long enough:danceb:
Hate to disappoint some of you, but myst mages will still be very competitive assuming what is active on TC right now doesn't change. Spell Plague is still deadly and Cleansing Winds still wipes out everything. Oh, and there's still these things called Purge Magic, Sleep, Hailstorm, Healing Stone, and Spell Trigger aka Insta-boulder.

If anything the biggest and best change which will hurt bad myst mages is the Magic Arrow/Nether Bolt spam which all too often follows Spell Plague. As of right now on TC anyway, you can no longer cast one right after the other - Way to go dev team!!! :thumbsup:

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does this mean there won't be mystic mages for the other spells mysticism has instead of just spell plague and cleansing wind? It still has netherbolt, spell trigger, and a few others. Will this not be a popular template anymore just because of the cleansing wind and spell plague nerf? What do yall think though seriously as far as the "mystic mage" is it the end?

Personally after reading everything I was wondering myself if this template would be any good after these changes:

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 focus
100 poison
120 parrying
20 med

nox tank parry mage

OR this one:

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 focus
100 poison
100 scribe
40 med
nox tank scribe mage
(supposedly the magic reflection is supposed to reflect on ur inscription skill as well as magery or something?)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If they do this right, mystics will still be effective, just not invincible. Ruining mystics should not be the goal... Evening out the particular spells that when combined create excessive burst damage will be key. I also like how they are making resist spells and poisoning have an increased roll. I think the pots weight change is fine, but it probably won't change much. Who carries 300+ stone weight of pots at once while in a PvP battle?

I'm running this template now with 17 MR.
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Myst
120 Focus
120 Resist
100 Scribe
40 Med

I will try swapping the 40 Med with 40 Poisoning to see if I like it and still have enough mana.

-OBSIDIAN-

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all the changes, mystic mage is still going to be the best template, the magic reflect changes have just made it more necessary to be a mystic mage cos you need to cast purge magic to purge people's magic reflect.

I'd like to see purge magic made a magery spell and also a hard cap on resisting spells at 85-90 (depending on inscription) under the protection spell. Meaning you should not be able to boost your resisting spells to 120 with jewels etc.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aside from that, i think the changes are all good, well done.

C

canary

With all the changes, mystic mage is still going to be the best template, the magic reflect changes have just made it more necessary to be a mystic mage cos you need to cast purge magic to purge people's magic reflect.

I'd like to see purge magic made a magery spell and also a hard cap on resisting spells at 85-90 (depending on inscription) under the protection spell. Meaning you should not be able to boost your resisting spells to 120 with jewels etc.
You know, if you are going to dedicate the suit space to bulk up your Resisting Spells at the expense of other skills/ attributes, I think you should be allowed to. I have to disagree. It is a -35 skill hit. That's a lot of items needed to get that back on track to be viable.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah cleansing wind still needs to be hit just a little harder. make it so it doesn't heal/cure through poison at all.

The nerf on spell plague seems perfect IMO. It's still very effective, but it's not over powered now.

A HUGE thank you goes out to the Devs for fixing the magic arrow/nether bolt spam. Man was that ever annoying.

Now add a small timer on cure pots and I think pvp will be a little more interesting again!!!!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hide/Invis Vs Detect Hidden

Hidden players who have been detected will not be able to rehide/invis for duration based on their hiding skill or magery skill.

That's only going to be Active Use of Detect Hidden right? I mean you guys aren't over powering passive reveal even more are you? It's a concern because well, already us sneaky types are at a disadvantage against every elf created, we don't really need someone with JOAT detect hidden raining on our parade as well... I mean if you guys are going to have this apply to passive reveal can you at least greatly reduce the success chance of passive reveal... it's bad enough elves get about 90 free skill points in it by just standing there.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean if you guys are going to have this apply to passive reveal can you at least greatly reduce the success chance of passive reveal... it's bad enough elves get about 90 free skill points in it by just standing there.
Hallelujah, id like to see passive reveal almost not happening anymore cept from bumping into people.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
smoke bombs gives stealthers the biggest advantage. They should just fix conflags/fields to reveal stealthers again, and increase the timer on smoke bombs to once every 60 seconds.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
smoke bombs gives stealthers the biggest advantage. They should just fix conflags/fields to reveal stealthers again, and increase the timer on smoke bombs to once every 60 seconds.
Smoke bombs and animal form make any decent stealther next to invincible. Smoke bomb timer definitely needs to go up dramatically. Animal form should also have a way to be purged again other than just dismounting.

G

GreekHero

Smoke bombs and animal form make any decent stealther next to invincible. Smoke bomb timer definitely needs to go up dramatically. Animal form should also have a way to be purged again other than just dismounting.
Amen to that, i think stealthers are way overpowered nowdays and impossible to kill because of smoke bombs and animal form AND trapped boxes. And before I get slammed by the cry babies here, just remember that a stealth/hiding template is not made for full scale pvp but to attack weak characters (assassin style).

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Amen to that, i think stealthers are way overpowered nowdays and impossible to kill because of smoke bombs and animal form AND trapped boxes. And before I get slammed by the cry babies here, just remember that a stealth/hiding template is not made for full scale pvp but to attack weak characters (assassin style).
Play a non-faction thief, I bet your view changes. Smoke Bombs can't be used immediately after a steal, because they are subject to the skill timer, Animal form on the other hand well I can't sneak up to you, browse your pack, select an object to steal all while mounted now can I? If I make a steal and someone leads off with a Dismount I'm stuck on foot, if it's a Mystic and they lead off with Purge Magic, I'm on foot. After throwing 440 points into hidings, snooping, stealth, and stealing I'm not going to get a lot of defence or offence out of the remaining 280. Not if I want a way to recall/sacred Journey, and have shadow jump to avoid that horrible passive reveal Elves get.

Do I prey on the weak? Not usually I don't set up scam steals, I don't work my way into guilds and rob greenies, I steal from the Full on PvPers with a gimped out templates I have no offence, and no real defence outside the suit.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's only going to be Active Use of Detect Hidden right? I mean you guys aren't over powering passive reveal even more are you? It's a concern because well, already us sneaky types are at a disadvantage against every elf created, we don't really need someone with JOAT detect hidden raining on our parade as well... I mean if you guys are going to have this apply to passive reveal can you at least greatly reduce the success chance of passive reveal... it's bad enough elves get about 90 free skill points in it by just standing there.
This change is only to active use of the detect hidden skill which uses detectors skill verses targets hide skill. JOAT will not be an issue for players with decent hiding skill and elves only get a bonus to passive detection.

Active use of the detect hidden skill will prevent smoke bombs from re-hiding players once detected.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we able to get conflags fixed in this publish? It's fine if Dev teal doesn't want them used on stairs like a regular field but they're currently not revealing stealthers or hitting anyone standing still :(

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a good thing, people cary too many potions these days.

Please consider increasing the cooldown time of potions aswell.
including the mythic healing stone.
Yes its a good change... the amount of pots people carry is just silly atm.

Also consider a small cooldown time for cure pots as poison/infect special move is quite pointless now vs a potter.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they did it so a lot of previously "less-pvp-capable" mages can actually play a mage?

You know if an enemy mage got you low then you can go "omfg and do arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow while hitting gheal pots in between... or after you spell plague someone you can go ipwnjoo and do arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow?"

While I agree making 1st circle direct dmg spells spammable is stupid but at the same time, as someone played mage all his life, they destroyed skill-based mage pvp/duels with the introduction of 6 fcr and 40 lmc.

In the old days every one even if they are running around naked has innate 2/4 casting. Since spells cant be spammed indefinitely due to mana cost (no lmc) and there's a half second window in between spells, spell selection and timing becomes crucial. Sorry if this offend some of the post-aos mages out there. :blushing: Rightnow, whoever cast faster wins... which coincide to the arrow/nether bolt spam. They are powerful because of spell plague and there's no room for casting when you are already being spammed.

I will make this easier to understand. Assuming you can spam magic arrow/nether bolt at zero delay in between cast in a no pot no offscreen duel, once you poisoned another mage and they didnt get a cure off before the first arrow or NB hit them, THEY ARE DEAD period. Cure takes 0.75s to cast while you are doing damage/disrupt once every 0.5s. Only way they have a chance is to weaken spam you and get in some mini heals which goes back to the whole point of "who's casting faster" which is very very ********.

I am disappointed that the future Shard of the Dead PvP shard is not a real retro classic shard.

Well anyways back to the point, these are good changes. I just hope that they can do something about archery dismounts or dismount attacks in general. There has to be a better way to get back on mount. I wish this is also being considered in this publish.

I play solo or in a rather small group, and there's nothing but big zerging guilds on my shard. When we are not dismounted we can at least fight back, or have some fun in PvP, but when there's nothing but dismounted by an archer you cant even see... then gets ganked 10+ vs 3 (not even joking here) it gets stupid.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they destroyed skill-based mage pvp/duels with the introduction of 6 fcr and 40 lmc.
Thats why I play RP-PvP on Europa since we dont use magic or rune crafted items. It resembles pre aos and its incredibly fun. But that also leaves us vulnerable to new publishes, when they change things like magic reflection might change now. I really hope they dont go through with it as it is now. Im not oposed the reflection of spells, but I am oposed to how the entire magic reflect spell is gone when "used up" since its crucial to armor balancing (specially including gm inscription).

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hide/Invis Vs Detect Hidden

Hidden players who have been detected will not be able to rehide/invis for duration based on their hiding skill or magery skill.

Does this include the elf racial detect or the joat reveal, reveal magery spell or only the actual skill of detect hidden?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this include the elf racial detect or the joat reveal, reveal magery spell or only the actual skill of detect hidden?
Mhm:

This change is only to active use of the detect hidden skill which uses detectors skill verses targets hide skill. JOAT will not be an issue for players with decent hiding skill and elves only get a bonus to passive detection.
Altho id like to add that the elf passive detection seems like 90% success.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah cleansing wind still needs to be hit just a little harder. make it so it doesn't heal/cure through poison at all.

The nerf on spell plague seems perfect IMO. It's still very effective, but it's not over powered now.

A HUGE thank you goes out to the Devs for fixing the magic arrow/nether bolt spam. Man was that ever annoying.

Now add a small timer on cure pots and I think pvp will be a little more interesting again!!!!
Agreed, i think cleansing winds should cure the poison and maybe remove curse, but not heal at all if poisoned.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is Magic Reflection going to reflect the Purge magic spell though back at the mystic?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, i think cleansing winds should cure the poison and maybe remove curse, but not heal at all if poisoned.
I've gotta agree on this one simply because I miss the old "nox mage". It looks like they've instead made it so the amount healed by cleanse wind is based on the level of poison thats on them. So the amount healed is reduced by 15% for every level of poison... I still think that maybe cleanse should have a "CHANCE" to cure like a regular cure would INSTEAD of making it like an arch cure and curing poison EVERY TIME. That way nox mages have atleast something to work with.

With that said cleanse wound wouldnt be overly nerfd since it would still work 100% when removing mortal strike or other curses.. But please help bring the nox mage back. Or atleast help them have a chance again in pvp... As is someone can cast Cleanse wind and before there cursor comes up chug a gcure potion... I think that needs to be addressed as well. With cleanse currently curing poison 100% of the time (correct me if im wrong) and then having a gcure pot its like insta curing twice in a row without any delay... Its not right that you can hit cleanse and before that cursor comes up chug a cure without canceling the spell you just cast by drinking that potion.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bring the nox mage back? These changes, although are good, are going to put the nail in the coffin on ALL mage templates except mystic mage, Mystic mage is already the best template, the fact that now everyone will have magic reflect pre casted just makes it more necessary to have the purge magic spell.

DEVS: MAKE PURGE MAGIC A MAGERY SPELL (swap it with telekinesis or something) then people can play scribe mage, mystic mage, necro mage, nox mage, anything.

have you ever tried to kill someone in protection with stone form and +35 resisting spell jewles casting cleansing winds on their greater dragon (automatically healing them too)?? i'd like to see any mage template without purge magic deal with that....

This is why i'm saying there should be a hard cap on resisting spells at 85/90 also.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the changes to magic reflection i can throw away 2 perfectly good imbued suits and start from scratch with planning, ingredient farming and crafting. Will only take 2 weeks or a bit more away from my playtime :cursing: . Sure im not the only one that would be a bit upset to get hit by such a thing without warning.
To all the people crying for a timer on cure pots, remember that this change would basically kill every non necro pvm warrior template, as cure pots are required at a lot of high end mobs to get bandage healing working.
Lets just kill some more pvm templates to make the small pvp crowd happy.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the changes to magic reflection i can throw away 2 perfectly good imbued suits and start from scratch with planning, ingredient farming and crafting. Will only take 2 weeks or a bit more away from my playtime :cursing: . Sure im not the only one that would be a bit upset to get hit by such a thing without warning.
To all the people crying for a timer on cure pots, remember that this change would basically kill every non necro pvm warrior template, as cure pots are required at a lot of high end mobs to get bandage healing working.
Lets just kill some more pvm templates to make the small pvp crowd happy.
My current suit also used the magic reflect for resists, however i embrace the changes. The "small" pvp crowd is only small cos changes like this don't happen often enough. The devs are sooo close to making this game awesome

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Cries* I just miss the poison from nox mage being useful, its absolutelly useless now :( or do you think anyone will even play one just because what it reduces the amount HEALED STILL by cleanse wind by 15% per level? Stop making cleanse like a damn arch cure and if anything reduce it to work like a regular cure, sure allow it to still remove mortal, and other curses but for the love of god dont leave it like arch cure.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Cries* I just miss the poison from nox mage being useful, its absolutelly useless now :( or do you think anyone will even play one just because what it reduces the amount HEALED STILL by cleanse wind by 15% per level? Stop making cleanse like a damn arch cure and if anything reduce it to work like a regular cure, sure allow it to still remove mortal, and other curses but for the love of god dont leave it like arch cure.
If you can't disturb someone who is poisoned from casting cleansing winds then there's something wrong with you.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Active use of the detect hidden skill will prevent smoke bombs from re-hiding players once detected.
Nobody is going to invest 100 skill points just for this.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Play a non-faction thief, I bet your view changes. Smoke Bombs can't be used immediately after a steal, because they are subject to the skill timer, Animal form on the other hand well I can't sneak up to you, browse your pack, select an object to steal all while mounted now can I? If I make a steal and someone leads off with a Dismount I'm stuck on foot, if it's a Mystic and they lead off with Purge Magic, I'm on foot. After throwing 440 points into hidings, snooping, stealth, and stealing I'm not going to get a lot of defence or offence out of the remaining 280. Not if I want a way to recall/sacred Journey, and have shadow jump to avoid that horrible passive reveal Elves get.

Do I prey on the weak? Not usually I don't set up scam steals, I don't work my way into guilds and rob greenies, I steal from the Full on PvPers with a gimped out templates I have no offence, and no real defence outside the suit.
Purge magic hasn't removed animal form for months now, and why are you brining up thieves? We're talking about stealth PvP characters.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone uses cure pots to cure then why would he be complaining about mysctic heal curing? and if someone is in protection and they have +35 resisting spell jewles then you're right a nox mage can't do anything, thats where it would be good to have purge as a magery spell and hard cap on resisting spells under prot.

Mervyn has done it again. Best

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone uses cure pots to cure then why would he be complaining about mysctic heal curing? and if someone is in protection and they have +35 resisting spell jewles then you're right a nox mage can't do anything, thats where it would be good to have purge as a magery spell and hard cap on resisting spells under prot.

I think were talking about the same thing but yeah if the mystic is in protection they cast cleanse and can chug a pot WITHOUT even canceling the spell there casting, the cursor will come up and bam they heal themselves... Why not have it so if you drink a potion while under the affect of casting a spell have it cancel out the spell if you drink a potion? And on top of that stop making cleanse cure 100% of the time when poisoned by mages with 200+ skill points between poison and magery based on the level of poison. Cause as is when you think about it magic reflection wont do **** for us when mystics just purge it. I'm just trying to even out the playing field.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think were talking about the same thing but yeah if the mystic is in protection they cast cleanse and can chug a pot WITHOUT even canceling the spell there casting, the cursor will come up and bam they heal themselves... Why not have it so if you drink a potion while under the affect of casting a spell have it cancel out the spell if you drink a potion? And on top of that stop making cleanse cure 100% of the time when poisoned by mages with 200+ skill points between poison and magery based on the level of poison. Cause as is when you think about it magic reflection wont do **** for us when mystics just purge it. I'm just trying to even out the playing field.
yeah you're spot on, it's annoying that you can chug a cure a millisecond before the cursor for greater heal appears and then heal yourself (especially annoying when people have a script for it and pull it off every time but lets not go into that)

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cleanse winds healing through poison really only comes into play when cross-healing is involved. Every try to kill someone being healed by cleanse winds...?

M

Mairut

Purge magic hasn't removed animal form for months now, and why are you brining up thieves? We're talking about stealth PvP characters.
He was bringing up thieves because a pvp thief is a "stealth pvp character".

And I'm glad these changes don't affect passive reveal... I almost freaked out when I saw the notes :blushing: My job is hard enough as it is; I don't need to shadow jump everywhere too.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is in agenda the fix for the indestructable pirate ships and fish monger?

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're aware of those issues. Please keep the thread discussion focused on what's live on TC1 right now. Thank you.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is stoneform applying 20% DI correctly on TC1 now?

And pretty pwease dont go live with the changes to magic reflection, I dont mind the spells being reflected, but I do mind the magic reflection spell ending when out of reflection "charges", kinda screws peoples balanced resists, specially talking about Roleplayer mages here. *prayer*