What I posted made every bit of sense...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
That is up to you.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
You find a stealther thats wants to fight... kill it.
Go play a trammy shard where players get to choose when and where they will experience PvP.

Oh wait, you want Siege to be that shard!

Let's get rid of murderers on Siege. Make this a Trammel-only shard. If you want to PvP? Go find other players who want to PvP too. There's guild wars and factions available. We don't need to be able to murder each other.

Want PvP on Siege? Go find a player that wants to fight... and kill them. Seriously?

Get the **** off my shard Trammy.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Are you guys even reading my posts? Just curious.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
Go play there then. Stealth is working as intended on Siege.
Kelmo....you have to let this kid execute his crying. Its been awhile since he's posted a cry/rant thread and he's due for it.

If you read any of his posts......90% of his post is a cry thread about something. He's an example of someone who will always whine about something. Someone give him a lolly pop, usually works with most kids who whines all the time.

V

Vaelix

Are you guys even reading my posts? Just curious.
I am, I've noticed that you have yet to counter with a viable argument to what ive said, other than quick responses that have basically no validity behind them involving the Current Discussion.

You have made it painfully clear that this level of PvP Discussion is Above your Head, and though you try to make it seem as if you Understand what we're talking about and why there is reasoning behind the examples that I have Given, it seems that you simply are out of your Element.

In other words, You still do not understand this game and what makes overpowered.. Overpowered.

V

Vaelix

Kelmo....you have to let this kid execute his crying. Its been awhile since he's posted a cry/rant thread and he's due for it.

If you read any of his posts......90% of his post is a cry thread about something. He's an example of someone who will always whine about something. Someone give him a lolly pop, usually works with most kids who whines all the time.
Thank you for the input that had nothing to do with the Original Discussion.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I know Draxous quite well. yeah. He has lost sight of what Siege is. I still hope.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I am, I've noticed that you have yet to counter with a viable argument to what ive said, other than quick responses that have basically no validity behind them involving the Current Discussion.

You have made it painfully clear that this level of PvP Discussion is Above your Head, and though you try to make it seem as if you Understand what we're talking about and why there is reasoning behind the examples that I have Given, it seems that you simply are out of your Element.

In other words, You still do not understand this game and what makes overpowered.. Overpowered.
Siege is not a PvP shard. You may PvP as an option. But it is not a PvP shard. Folks can play as they wish.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
Stealth is abused. Thanks.

And Darkfall is fantastic, you should try it... oh wait, you're not cut out for games that work the way Siege is supposed to. Nevermind.
I hear all this whining about Stealthing on Siege.....can someone tell me who's abusing stealthing? Last I knew.....there isn't many on Siege that is PVPing anymore. TNT quit, not for sure about Diablo's guild, and seems to me that few members of BFF is spending most of their time whining on boards about how stealth is so OP and how everyone sucks on this game and is so scared to fight BFF. Hmm......I guess thats the answer BFF is looking for. Theres no PVP going on Siege because everyone is scared of BFF. There you go BFF.......you have your answer now. I think we finally come to a solution why Siege is dead and noone is PVPing. BFF rules.....:thumbup1:

V

Vaelix

Siege is not a PvP shard. You may PvP as an option. But it is not a PvP shard. Folks can play as they wish.
Siege isnt a PvP Shard and folks can play however they want, This doesnt not change the fact that Stealth is Overpowered and Abused.

WoD Archers
Honor PvP
NS DS Evade
Old Evade
Old Ninja Form

All of these things have been Overpowered and Abused in the past.. and "Its not a PvP Shard and People can play how they want" Didnt change a damn thing when it came time to balance them.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Stealth is a viable template. If you want to defeat it, apply the points.

V

Vaelix

Oh BTW, I play on the test shard here and there..

Ironically, Stealth NS DS is Still one of the Most Powerful and Popular Templates on a PvP Shard that has Passive Detect, These people see to manage just fine, Why is this?

Because they are PvPers and Understand that you dont *Need* To rely on stealth to PvP.. Fient as an example is Amazingly Powerful for defense on this template, while not being so powerful that its an Instant Get away Button as Stealth currently Functions.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
I thought I'd put my 2 cents in since Drax wants to bring my name into this thread. Not for sure about some ppl, but I can play multiple chars on Siege. I choose not to due to getting dismounted and massed targetted. Yes....TNT doesn't have ppl who can play a mage, doesn't mean they suck at Siege.

I remember you playing a stealther when you was running solo or small guild because you kept getting dismounted ganked on your mage. Now that you run with BFF, you attitude sure does change, hehe. Your a big man aren't you? There is only couple players in BFF that can really back up what they post on here and you surely not one of them.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Siege isnt a PvP Shard and folks can play however they want, This doesnt not change the fact that Stealth is Overpowered and Abused.

WoD Archers
Honor PvP
NS DS Evade
Old Evade
Old Ninja Form

All of these things have been Overpowered and Abused in the past.. and "Its not a PvP Shard and People can play how they want" Didnt change a damn thing when it came time to balance them.
Don't worry, the Devs will do something about stealth eventually if people don't give up pointing out how over powered it is.

The ones standing in the way haven't addressed a single concern brought up. They can't... they can only troll and insult.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I thought I'd put my 2 cents in since Drax wants to bring my name into this thread. Not for sure about some ppl, but I can play multiple chars on Siege. I choose not to due to getting dismounted and massed targetted. Yes....TNT doesn't have ppl who can play a mage, doesn't mean they suck at Siege.

I remember you playing a stealther when you was running solo or small guild because you kept getting dismounted ganked on your mage. Now that you run with BFF, you attitude sure does change, hehe. Your a big man aren't you? There is only couple players in BFF that can really back up what they post on here and you surely not one of them.
So because others have abused stealth and agree that it's abused... they can't say that it's abused and over powered?

Awww.

V

Vaelix

My Main has always been a Mage, However ive played

Necros, Ninjas, Stealthers, Melee Dexxers, Archers, Bushidos, Mages, Mystics, Tamers, and now on prodo a PvP Disco bard.

When I played Stealth it was overpowered, However the ONLY reason i played stealth, was because I needed track/detect to counter you, And the Only Template that can Afford those Skills while Still having a Powerful Offensive (IMO) is a Stealth Ninja with Them.

I've played it, and I'll be the first to admit its overpowered and abused.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Don't worry, the Devs will do something about stealth eventually if people don't give up pointing out how over powered it is.

The ones standing in the way haven't addressed a single concern brought up. They can't... they can only troll and insult.
Sure they will. Just because you said so. Wait for it.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
Oh BTW, I play on the test shard here and there..

Ironically, Stealth NS DS is Still one of the Most Powerful and Popular Templates on a PvP Shard that has Passive Detect, These people see to manage just fine, Why is this?

Because they are PvPers and Understand that you dont *Need* To rely on stealth to PvP.. Fient as an example is Amazingly Powerful for defense on this template, while not being so powerful that its an Instant Get away Button as Stealth currently Functions.
As Kelmo stated.....if you enjoy other shards to much, play it. Quit crying on Siege since its not the style you enjoy.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

Sure they will. Just because you said so. Wait for it.
Sure they will. Because I and many others have made and will continue to make the case for why it's over powered and deserves fixing.

But I'm sure they won't, just because you say so. :lol:

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
So because others have abused stealth and agree that it's abused... they can't say that it's abused and over powered?

Awww.
I could care less about stealthing......and I won't defend stealthing. I only stated how ridiculous you and few others are for whining over a template that isn't being used for PVP on Siege.

E

Elmer Fudd

I do not give a damn about PvP. I just play Siege. You folks go PvP all you want. If Siege is not your shard, move on.

You folks just want easy kills. Get over it. The skill is balanced.
If by your very statement...you dont care about PvP and really dont pvp...how would you know what is balanced or what isnt?

im not getting in the middle of a crafting debate or a quest problem or treasure map issue...because i know enough to know...that when im clueless on a point...i stfu about it, and ill let the experts hash it out....

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 30, 2006
I cant remember if it was rojo or tigerdyr in vent who said detect hidden at gm vs hidden should be like SS gm vs ghosts. *grin*

I thought that was a fabulous idea.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Sure they will. Because I and many others have made and will continue to make the case for why it's over powered and deserves fixing.

There you go. EA/Mythic asks me about the rules. Want a tissue? *throws the box*

Get over it. This is Siege.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008

Ya.....the DEV will make some changes because YOU, state they will. You...someone who doesn't even play Siege, only come to Siege forum to run your cry threads.

Keep them coming.......your the town's kiddo drama and everyone gets a kick out of you.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

Ya.....the DEV will make some changes because YOU, state they will. You...someone who doesn't even play Siege, only come to Siege forum to run your cry threads.

Keep them coming.......your the town's kiddo drama and everyone gets a kick out of you.
Good thing it's NOT JUST ME. :lol:

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
Good thing it's NOT JUST ME. :lol:
To be honest.....I hope stealthing gets tweaked. I'm getting tired of you and few others continuing to cry over a template thats not even being used on Siege for PVP.

Then Siege can read some more cry rants about something else your not happy with, at least it would be something different than crying over "stealth".

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 30, 2006
That something more important being to lower faction silver prices.

E

Elmer Fudd

I could care less about stealthing......and I won't defend stealthing. I only stated how ridiculous you and few others are for whining over a template that isn't being used for PVP on Siege.
I dont think anyone is really whining, people are pasionate about siege and would like to make a difference in a positive way on both sides of the fence...A lot of folks are heavily invested in siege as well as you...and from what I see, they want positive change...

what i dont understand is the fact...most people argue just to argue...as a comunity it would be much more productive if people would back peoples ideas who know more then most on a subject...and stand behind them.

If there was a real problem with fishing and a good number of folks who knew a lot about the issue were saying the same thing...i would back them up...they see an area that needs to be addressed so lets make it possitive...but since I dont like said fisherman....well,,,im just going to be a pain in the ass because its my god given right, even though i dont know **** about the topic really....very counter productive....a good number of good folks who think they know something when they really dont...

Hence the figure of speech "They Know Enough To Be Dangerous"

Case in point

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
I dont think anyone is really whining, people are pasionate about siege and would like to make a difference in a positive way on both sides of the fence...A lot of folks are heavily invested in siege as well as you...and from what I see, they want positive change...

what i dont understand is the fact...most people argue just to argue...as a comunity it would be much more productive if people would back peoples ideas who know more then most on a subject...and stand behind them.

If there was a real problem with fishing and a good number of folks who knew a lot about the issue were saying the same thing...i would back them up...they see an area that needs to be addressed so lets make it possitive...but since I dont like said fisherman....well,,,im just going to be a pain in the ass because its my god given right, even though i dont know **** about the topic really....very counter productive....a good number of good folks who think they know something when they really dont...

Hence the figure of speech "They Know Enough To Be Dangerous"

Case in point
Elmer.....I agree with you, but its hard for anyone to back up a players view when he/they add "bashing" of players with it. There is only couple players who I would even respect when it comes to changes on Siege, hence reason: most players is all about what compliments their play style and not so much the whole "Siege" as a shard.

Again.....I ask, whats with all the crying about Stealth, because thats whats being posted. Noone is even playing a stealth PVPer on Siege. So why do some think changing stealth will bring back players or even PVP to Siege?
To me.....this stealth issue is ridiculous because its certainly not the issue why Siege has minimal players. Noone is playing the stealth template and still theres NO/minimal PVP going on.

Let me understand.....lets tweak a template that noone is playing and this will draw more players to Siege. Truly......I think we need to focus on something else if we are passionate about improving Siege as a shard whole. Its probably the same reason the DEVs has taken their time making any changes. The Siege community can't come together to make any improvements without arguing and bashing one another. Siege is so small.....I don't think anyone needs to keep hearing this "I'm great" and "you suck" ego on game unless thats the only way he/she is able to feel good about themselves.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 2, 2007
one hell of a thread here...good to see the same faces fighting over the same stuff :gee:

but really friends take a minute to realize siege is such a small community that everyone knows each other at this point. might as well be constructive together otherwise..you could find yourself more alone then you do now when you log onto siege :lol:

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 1, 2008
one hell of a thread here...good to see the same faces fighting over the same stuff :gee:

but really friends take a minute to realize siege is such a small community that everyone knows each other at this point. might as well be constructive together otherwise..you could find yourself more alone then you do now when you log onto siege :lol:
Yessir.......that is very true and wise!!!!

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Passive detect should go in. Based on this...

With 100 Hide, and 75 stealth, I will never fail to stealth, or hide. Im ok with this. But if my abilities in a skill are that low (62.5% of full scale), then I shouldnt be flawless in it. So if im walking around stealthed, at 62.5% skill, then i should make the odd noise, or error in my movement. Thus I should be revealed once in a while. So make passive detect with 0 skill work on a up to 100 stealth. Now im not sure the coding on this, but it shouldnt reveal a 100 hider. Since they are a good as it gets at hiding.

From there taper it back. a 120 stealther will never be passively revealed by a 0 skill player. However a 100 detector, should be able to passive reaveal 35-40% of the time a 120 stealther.

And passive detect will help the PvMer, the crafter, everyone. Since who hasnt been minding thier own business, and bang one or two people pop outta stealth and kill you. This is fine, but if they only put 75 points into stealth, and two of these half skill guys are trying to sneak up on me, im pretty sure I should hear them coming, and have a fighting chance.

V

Vaelix

Passive detect should go in. Based on this...

With 100 Hide, and 75 stealth, I will never fail to stealth, or hide. Im ok with this. But if my abilities in a skill are that low (62.5% of full scale), then I shouldnt be flawless in it. So if im walking around stealthed, at 62.5% skill, then i should make the odd noise, or error in my movement. Thus I should be revealed once in a while. So make passive detect with 0 skill work on a up to 100 stealth. Now im not sure the coding on this, but it shouldnt reveal a 100 hider. Since they are a good as it gets at hiding.

From there taper it back. a 120 stealther will never be passively revealed by a 0 skill player. However a 100 detector, should be able to passive reaveal 35-40% of the time a 120 stealther.

And passive detect will help the PvMer, the crafter, everyone. Since who hasnt been minding thier own business, and bang one or two people pop outta stealth and kill you. This is fine, but if they only put 75 points into stealth, and two of these half skill guys are trying to sneak up on me, im pretty sure I should hear them coming, and have a fighting chance.
Or how about the fact that an accumulative of 175 Skill (100 Hide/75 Stealth) is a defensive counter to ALL Templates (And skill variations) in the Game with the Exception of Tracking/Detect.

Where as, the Accumulative of 200 Skill (100 Track/100 Detect) is a support counter to 1 Template (The Stealther) While at the same time, giving Nothing advantageous unless you Invest 300 *Extra* Skill into your template. ( 120 Ninja 100 Hide 80 Stealth ) for Tracking Deathstrikes, While Detect is Useless against Everything except stealth.

Track/Detect offer basically Nothing for the 200 investment Except a Counter to Stealth.

Hide/Stealth offer Unbelievable surprise attack capability as well as near instantaneous "Get out of Jail Free Card" (With a Minimum of 50 Ninja) in the form of Smoke Bomb, While Still retaining the "Get out of Jail Free" Card of LoS (Line of Sight) Hiding, which is amazingly easy to pull off.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2003
Just one question, if Siege is the veteran shard which by it's definition should make it more difficult (hence the Felucca only ruleset) then why is Stealth allowed to be easier to play on Siege than production? Surely veterans should be able to play it effectively even if it's weaker than on production servers? Stealth on Siege should be the way it used to be, you have to count steps and use the stealth skill after hiding and each time before your number of steps run out, no nerf just returned to the way it used to be.

Nothing should be easier to play on Siege than on production servers.

B

Black magick

What? You mean the vending machine arties?
It's a feature of UO, don't like it go play another game. See what I did there? On a side note, this is ****ing pointless since we already made a poll clearly showing favor for passive detect.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
What? You mean the vending machine arties?
It's a feature of UO, don't like it go play another game. See what I did there? On a side note, this is ****ing pointless since we already made a poll clearly showing favor for passive detect.
What? Stealth is a feature of UO. Don't like it you say? You go play another game. OMGOSH... See what I did there? :gun:

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2003
What? Stealth is a feature of UO. Don't like it you say? You go play another game. OMGOSH... See what I did there? :gun:
Just one question, if Siege is the veteran shard which by it's definition should make it more difficult (hence the Felucca only ruleset) then why is Stealth allowed to be easier to play on Siege than production? Surely veterans should be able to play it effectively even if it's weaker than on production servers? Stealth on Siege should be the way it used to be, you have to count steps and use the stealth skill after hiding and each time before your number of steps run out, no nerf just returned to the way it used to be.

Nothing should be easier to play on Siege than on production servers.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
They are all players who abuse hiding/stealth. They are scared that if passive detect goes in, Siege will actually become the hard shard. They're trying to preserve their ability to avoid other players and pvp at will.

Think of the non-pvpers... why should they have to risk being killed on Siege? Why shouldn't they have easy-mode travel, exploration and pvp escape?

No.. that's not trammel-ish at all. Why should there be balance? Think of the non-pvpers!
Not exactly true, I don't agree with the use of smoke bombs and refuse to use them. I use the hide skill, and if I can put 200 points in hiding and stealth then if you want to defend it, you also should have to invest 200 points. And trust me there is a player who actually invested the 200 points and he really is a pain in my rump and he actually gets the best of me the majority of the time (aint that right, Ru?). You cannot have your cake and eat it too, BR.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
How does one deal with the template?
If you wont to know how to defeat and counter a stealther you must first become one, then and only then will you see just how many weaknesses they really have.

V

Vaelix

If you wont to know how to defeat and counter a stealther you must first become one, then and only then will you see just how many weaknesses they really have.
Being of the Two Deadly reveal pvpers (Me on loki, or Ru) And have played both Reveal/Track and Hide/Stealth Extensively.

I'd say that these "Weaknesses" You mention can't even be compared to a set back when you look at what all stealth offers you.

100 Hide, 75 Stealth, 50 Ninja.

No Fail Hide / Stealth, Instant Smoke Bombs, Los Hides.. These translate into almost Unstoppable "Oh $h~t" buttons.

Weaknesses inculde : Low Mana Possibly, No Resist (Vamp, Para, more -Stat on Curse), Hard to Include Strong Healing or Offense (Depending on Which you go.. Heals / Offen).

However, Every weakness can be solved extremely simply..

Low Mana? Stealth off.
Para'd? Smoke Bomb
Vamp? Stealth off.
Weak Heals? Stealth off.
Low Offense? You already have 50 Ninja, go 120 and have an Extremely Powerful attack : Deathstrike.

Non Stealth Dexxer weakness..

Low Mana? Too bad.
Para'd? Take Damage from Box.
Vamp'd? Too bad
Weak Heals? Too bad.
Low Offense? Too bad.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 11, 2010
Chesapeake/Atlantic
All this argueing about stealthers and yet where are the true pvpers of Siege these days? Perhaps those of you who have left Siege to find pvp should all come back and build this shard back up. Yes it is boring with no people but leaving is not the answer is it? I see it this way, only people left on Siege are mostly crafters. The Pvpers all gave up and left and those that are left here would love to pvp so .... only solution is to Bring Pvpers back.

Why would DEVs or anyone help Siege when it is being abandoned by the very people who ask for change. I'm new to this Shard so maybe I know nothing. Just think there is alot of argueing and no action from alot of people. Enough said. You want change on Siege you have to ban together and demand it not give up and leave. Sorry Just My Opinion you can Ignore me :)

V

Vaelix

All this argueing about stealthers and yet where are the true pvpers of Siege these days? Perhaps those of you who have left Siege to find pvp should all come back and build this shard back up.
I'm on prodo waiting for Siege to Come back, Playing a PvP Disco Dexxer, I'd hate to see what this board would look like if i brought that to PvP, people are already like this when you talk about nerfing their stealth, God save us if i Take your pets outa pvp to.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
Stealth on Siege should be the way it used to be, you have to count steps and use the stealth skill after hiding and each time before your number of steps run out, no nerf just returned to the way it used to be.
My system has went into shock, this may be the first and very last time I actually agree with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.