• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege pvpers

• Thread starter Myrn/Nym/Nadal
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Hello guys

Alright about 5-6 of us are returning to this game...we were very active years ago before leaving for warcraft on siege perilous. We are both role players as well as pvpers.

Obviously the population here has dwindled..hell I thought it was dead here 6 years ago when I left..Not to mention the game has changed quite a bit. This change seems to have made a negative impact here on siege in terms of pvp. Coupling that impact with the fact that this server is pretty much dead...well lets face it siege seems to be at an all time low.

My purpose for this post is to obtain all the active pvp guilds/pvpers contacts either through icq or maybe another means of communication...I prefer skype the most. I would like to come to some sort of agreement between the pvp community that will help encourage people to engage in competitive pvp once again here.

I was thinking with factions keeping buy backs to a cap of 500k gold per suit/artifacts etc...This is easy to keep in supply as a casual player and it will keep us all in the field fighting more rather then farming for more gear via silver etc..You still get to reap a nice reward for your efforts aside from punkte and again its managable. Plus most importantly it will encourage people to get out there without worrying about thier buyback being 2.5 mil gold and having to farm for the next 4 days again before getting out in the mix of things.

As far as non faction pvp fighting we are going to limit our looting to non imbued items...with the new system its pretty easy to spot what the guy was wearing because the items will be imbued...thus rather then take those items, we will take resources and non imbued items of worth..the logic being is that if the item wasnt imbued it was recently acquired through farming and thus fair game. I hope this makes sense..

So anyways Im looking for contact numbers, obviously from those who would like to partake and agree to terms that will hopefully breath a little more life into siege...not to mention get more people involved in factions/pvp.

Yea I know its siege...its nice to loot...thats why I came here a long time ago...but grieving players in pvp has a negative impact on a community as a whole and this one is small enough imo.

Thanks everyone.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello guys

Alright about 5-6 of us are returning to this game...we were very active years ago before leaving for warcraft on siege perilous. We are both role players as well as pvpers.

Obviously the population here has dwindled..hell I thought it was dead here 6 years ago when I left..Not to mention the game has changed quite a bit. This change seems to have made a negative impact here on siege in terms of pvp. Coupling that impact with the fact that this server is pretty much dead...well lets face it siege seems to be at an all time low.

My purpose for this post is to obtain all the active pvp guilds/pvpers contacts either through icq or maybe another means of communication...I prefer skype the most. I would like to come to some sort of agreement between the pvp community that will help encourage people to engage in competitive pvp once again here.

I was thinking with factions keeping buy backs to a cap of 500k gold per suit/artifacts etc...This is easy to keep in supply as a casual player and it will keep us all in the field fighting more rather then farming for more gear via silver etc..You still get to reap a nice reward for your efforts aside from punkte and again its managable. Plus most importantly it will encourage people to get out there without worrying about thier buyback being 2.5 mil gold and having to farm for the next 4 days again before getting out in the mix of things.

As far as non faction pvp fighting we are going to limit our looting to non imbued items...with the new system its pretty easy to spot what the guy was wearing because the items will be imbued...thus rather then take those items, we will take resources and non imbued items of worth..the logic being is that if the item wasnt imbued it was recently acquired through farming and thus fair game. I hope this makes sense..

So anyways Im looking for contact numbers, obviously from those who would like to partake and agree to terms that will hopefully breath a little more life into siege...not to mention get more people involved in factions/pvp.

Yea I know its siege...its nice to loot...thats why I came here a long time ago...but grieving players in pvp has a negative impact on a community as a whole and this one is small enough imo.

Thanks everyone.
There is already a system of buy backs for the faction gear. Its 10gp per 1 silver. Most suits sell back for around 500k in faction items. The more non-faction arties you wear... well that is what you're risking.

As far as not looting anything other than non imbued items and faction arties, I can pretty much tell you that the guild I'm in (BFF) will not agree to that. I will definitely not agree to that.

If you guys don't want to lose your items then don't leave your house :)

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as not looting anything other than non imbued items and faction arties, I can pretty much tell you that the guild I'm in (BFF) will not agree to that. I will definitely not agree to that.

Well said, thanks for pointing out the whole reason Siege is dead and helping it to continue to stay that way.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

There is already a system of buy backs for the faction gear. Its 10gp per 1 silver. Most suits sell back for around 500k in faction items. The more non-faction arties you wear... well that is what you're risking.

Sounds like we are close to that. to be honest I don't care how you want to loot others. I am more or less aiming at how my particular group will run things on our end.

Having said that keep in mind that dry looting and outragous buybacks does, as I previously stated have an impact on your community...obviously not a great one. I'm not saying to be "carebear"...I'm just pointing out areas you can contribute to growing a once well known pvp community.

If you want outrageous buybacks well thats your choice, but it keeps people off the field and tucked away farming, which in the end makes for less pvp. Even worse...no pvp at all. Anways those who are interested in agreeing to some terms...factions and non factions alike hit me up with your icq or skype name here via a pm...

All siege contacts are welcome not just hard core pvpers. Thanks again guys.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said, thanks for pointing out the whole reason Siege is dead and helping it to continue to stay that way.
Oh that's right. I forgot that its the looting that brought about the population decrease.

Or it could be that the skill gain system is F'd up, lots of imbalances between skills, nothing new being done to attract new players.

No wait, those are not the reasons why people dont play here... Must be because we loot each other and people have to buy their items back. Crazy me.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Good luck M/N/N

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Oh that's right. I forgot that its the looting that brought about the population decrease.

Or it could be that the skill gain system is F'd up, lots of imbalances between skills, nothing new being done to attract new players.

No wait, those are not the reasons why people dont play here... Must be because we loot each other and people have to buy their items back. Crazy me.
Looting is great. Its what makes this shard so great. However its not like it was 10 years ago. Back then it was easy to get back into the mix of things and be, more importantly, competitive.

The spoils of war though is something that has made siege perilous and at one time long ago, uo as a game, unique. The game has changed though and now items are very important to stay competitive. It takes time to collect resources for a lot of this stuff especially if you're not in factions.

You can't always expect devs to change things in a game that brings absolutely ZERO corporate interest in terms of a revenue stream...not to mention the games most barren server...

Its up to all of you to build your community and work together. In every aspect. The alternative is to play here with a total of 10 active people and look at all the empty vendors.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Astynax your icqs/msn's/skype contacts will help or a link to your guilds forums? That way when we are actually running about with items of buy back worth we can locate each other more efficiently.

Thanks again.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The big fish/small pond rule is in effect...

E

Elmer Fudd

Im a BFF member and all of my guild sells items back and such,,, and some have different ways of going about stuff...I for one, have always and will always give faction gear back for free....but imbued items and resources and such have always been the spoil i just plain oll want for the kill...

Just my Two Cents

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Im a BFF member and all of my guild sells items back and such,,, and some have different ways of going about stuff...I for one, have always and will always give faction gear back for free....but imbued items and resources and such have always been the spoil i just plain oll want for the kill...

Just my Two Cents
pm me your contact pls Elm. I have Astynax. We are looking forward to adding to the fun again. I just dont want to run around the shard looking for bff members after I get wtfpwned. That goes for all other pvpers here TnT included...Nadal will likely be a shadowlord in the coming days and I know you guys have been good friends to my brother.

So we probably will just leave your gear completely untouched in fights we may have in the coming months...never the less contact numbers would be great thanks again.

E

Elmer Fudd

pm me your contact pls Elm. I have Astynax. We are looking forward to adding to the fun again. I just dont want to run around the shard looking for bff members after I get wtfpwned. That goes for all other pvpers here TnT included...Nadal will likely be a shadowlord in the coming days and I know you guys have been good friends to my brother.

So we probably will just leave your gear completely untouched in fights we may have in the coming months...never the less contact numbers would be great thanks again.

ICQ---> 368-427-428 ---Mary Jane

V

Vaelix

Actually whats keeping siege dead is the mindset that somehow, by pvping in the first place, you are entitled to the opportunity to get your gear back at all, And when something goes a Miss and your gear isnt instantly returned to you within a Split second, all hell breaks lose, the lame templates come out, the dismount ganks start, and the over all quality of pvp erodes into nothing.

:thumbup1:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Weren't you one of the people pushing for the drop in silver prices because its a pain to farm to get those nice suits?

Does it not occur to you that if people looted less and played more, there would be more fights, quicker re-equipping and no need to farm silver?

Elmer gets it, and always has. He loots lightly and gives back freely.

If everyone did this, the "problems" with Siege would be quite a bit smaller.

The real problem with Siege is that it used to be more about the fun of fighting and less about the items. Now people like you put more value on "I got your lewts" then the fun of the fight.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just my Two Cents

This is a person who gets it. I wish we had 50 more of you.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
V... some of them will never get it.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bo thinks you guys dont get it. When you die on siege your items are no longer yours. It is called Risk Vs Reward. If you want insurance there are other shards. Now Bo doesnt even care if they put insurance on here it wouldnt hurt anything now because its dead. Bo is lucky to find 2 people to kill anymore.

The cost of items never helped, but the unbalanced templates like a stealth tamer have chased away more people than almost everything. Because you risk nothing and if you get lucky you get all the reward.

You guys arent helping with your smugness trying to place blame on others. Get real the blame falls completely on the poor management running this game.

E

Elmer Fudd

This is a person who gets it. I wish we had 50 more of you.
In there defence, ive seen many if not all of my guild members give faction stuff back for free when they have fought someone 1 Vrs 1 and there wasnt a gank squad tammer stealther stuff going on...but when they roll out with those templates, i can see my guilds perspective also, they dont deserve there gear back for no Risk Vrs Reward

I have given Neo his gear back for free also, even though thats a tough one for me to do...he has never given my gear back, always sold it back to me even though I have given his items for nothing, it is what it is, but Ill treat him the same as everyone else, but i will admit, his template and poor attitude make it really tough for me to give his items back i will say that...lol

I personally dont care that much about the faction gear i guess, I just want ya back out in the fight as soon as possible...so I can whack ya again...lol:gee:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all are a bunch of V's. Straight up. If you die by my hand, everything on your corpse is mine. If I don't want it, I cut it up. If its nice, its mine. If its nice and I cant use it, it goes on the vendor!

That's my game!

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

It takes time to build competitive suits..your server is dead due to grieving issues because you can loot....just because you can doesn't mean you have to take it all.

Nowadays a lot of people fashion their entire template based on their armor....you want spoils take thier potions, take what they have been farming, be nice to get a guy who just got done doing mini spawns all afternoon long.....Hell even take one of their pieces of jewelry if its that good.

However if you take thier entire set up cause its siege and you can..lol...sure you can do that...and you can play on a dead server. Its not rocket science spotting it...since his armor will be "imbued"....

There is no need for it...you can make whatever you want now...take your spoils...but if you dry loot and offer outrageous buybacks people wont bother. It has nothing to do with the system here...

Then you will have your fights instead of twinking the naked tamer with his cross bow or bolas and smoke bombs who is totaly naked otherwise with his critter.

btw this isnt a QQ u can dry loot me all you want and please leave me a contact so I can buy it back....however if you want more fights learn to show courtesy to each other....

Even the best of competitors show it to each other.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weren't you one of the people pushing for the drop in silver prices because its a pain to farm to get those nice suits?

Does it not occur to you that if people looted less and played more, there would be more fights, quicker re-equipping and no need to farm silver?

Elmer gets it, and always has. He loots lightly and gives back freely.

If everyone did this, the "problems" with Siege would be quite a bit smaller.

The real problem with Siege is that it used to be more about the fun of fighting and less about the items. Now people like you put more value on "I got your lewts" then the fun of the fight.

It took ONE post from GoodGuy and a few moments of dev time to adjust silver prices to 5 times what they were put in as.

It's been what..? A month since the Devs have been aware of what to do to improve this this game for everyone on this shard.

You're right about the real problem with Siege. You're wrong about who the blame for that is on though...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all are a bunch of V's. Straight up. If you die by my hand, everything on your corpse is mine. If I don't want it, I cut it up. If its nice, its mine. If its nice and I cant use it, it goes on the vendor!

That's my game!
Good for you! Have fun playing with yourself.

Bo, I understand the risk, and I'm not saying insurance is the way to go.

I'm saying, its currently a broke system. I know as well as you do who is to blame for that.

However, as a shard we can come together and try to solve some of the issues (light looting is one solution - it gets people back into the fight) or we can let Siege die.

Aren't you noticing there is no one to fight Freesly? Yes, its the Dev's fault, but since they aren't doing anything, we can. With attitudes like yours, its not gonna happen.

Anyway, its obvious that you feel items are more important then fun, so continue doing what you do, nothing will change, and Siege will die.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, as a shard we can come together and try to solve some of the issues (light looting is one solution - it gets people back into the fight) or we can let Siege die.
i disagree with this, light looting is not the problem the problem is the faction gear, because they are named, these are harder to replace the rest of the gear really shouldnt take anybody that long to resuit

ok im not saying remove faction arties i personally like them problems are they cost to much and they should disapear on death. sell backs are part of the problem shouldnt be any imo

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good for you! Have fun playing with yourself.

Bo, I understand the risk, and I'm not saying insurance is the way to go.

I'm saying, its currently a broke system. I know as well as you do who is to blame for that.

Aren't you noticing there is no one to fight Freesly? Yes, its the Dev's fault, but since they aren't doing anything, we can. With attitudes like yours, its not gonna happen.

Anyway, its obvious that you feel items are more important then fun, so continue doing what you do, nothing will change, and Siege will die.
From the very beginning, before I started pvping its been about collecting the best of the best items. Be it weapons, armor, rare items, housing. I wanted the best.

With pvp, a lot of people equipped the best items. You wouldn't know this but when Tek and I were in LOW we had a massive collection of items that had been collected from pking/pvping. I'm talking hundreds of HOTLs, Feys, Quivers, Totems. You name it we had it.

Where was all the bickering then? At that time, HOTL were selling for 400k per, same with spirits and totem of voids. Stuff now is so much cheaper. It's just time consuming to acquire them. It's not items that's crippling the game, nor is it the fact that we loot them. It's the time it takes to get them. Easy to lose, very hard to gain. That right there is enough to discourage anyone from participating. Plus its summer, everyone is on vacation and enjoying the nice weather.

Finally, I get my fun from acquiring great items. That's my game. If it pisses you off, then to bad. I had my fun. If I die, well that sucks and I lose some great stuff. Not a single character of mine wears just random crap. I risk everyime I step out of my house and I get rewarded in the end.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i disagree with this, light looting is not the problem the problem is the faction gear, because they are named, these are harder to replace the rest of the gear really shouldnt take anybody that long to resuit

ok im not saying remove faction arties i personally like them problems are they cost to much and they should disapear on death. sell backs are part of the problem shouldnt be any imo
Imbued gear takes quite a bit of time/resources to make. At least the really nice stuff does.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the very beginning, before I started pvping its been about collecting the best of the best items. Be it weapons, armor, rare items, housing. I wanted the best.

With pvp, a lot of people equipped the best items. You wouldn't know this but when Tek and I were in LOW we had a massive collection of items that had been collected from pking/pvping. I'm talking hundreds of HOTLs, Feys, Quivers, Totems. You name it we had it.

Where was all the bickering then? At that time, HOTL were selling for 400k per, same with spirits and totem of voids. Stuff now is so much cheaper. It's just time consuming to acquire them. It's not items that's crippling the game, nor is it the fact that we loot them. It's the time it takes to get them. Easy to lose, very hard to gain. That right there is enough to discourage anyone from participating. Plus its summer, everyone is on vacation and enjoying the nice weather.

Finally, I get my fun from acquiring great items. That's my game. If it pisses you off, then to bad. I had my fun. If I die, well that sucks and I lose some great stuff. Not a single character of mine wears just random crap. I risk everyime I step out of my house and I get rewarded in the end.
Before you came, much of the fighting involved no looting at all. Or at best, people looted some regs, potions, or aids they needed to get back into the fight. People rezzed each other in the field. In fact, there were whole tactics about getting teammates rezzed and back in the fight quickly. It was a blast, I'm sorry you missed it.

I agree that the problem is the time it takes to get the items, but thats not getting solved, so its up to us to look for another solution.

The Dev's made the game more about items, and so I don't blame you for getting enjoyment out of the hoarding. I understand thats how you like to play. Good for you - just don't whine when the pvp population gets smaller and smaller.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get my fun from acquiring great items. That's my game. If it pisses you off, then to bad. I had my fun.
I like your sentiment here. Each to his own. Peronally, like many others, I get my fun from playing a stealth ninja. That's my game. If it pisses you off, then too bad.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your sentiment here. Each to his own. Peronally, like many others, I get my fun from playing a stealth ninja. That's my game. If it pisses you off, then too bad.
Was that a shot at me? If so, move along. I play a stealth, ninja pwnasaur!

I don't mind the ninja's at all son!

E

Elmer Fudd

We Keep dancing around the real issue here and Ill just say it cause it needs to be said

Asty
Kage
Forsaken
Vortex
TnT
GiLL
John Connelly
Sunchiken
Hugi
Mono
RP Mcphurphy
Neo

and the rest of siege.....I WONT STOP PLAYING SIEGE, SO WHEN I LOG ONTO GARLIN GREEN EVERYONE RUNS INTO THERE HOME CAUSE THERE SO SCARED....SO ALL OF YOU JUST NEED TO COME UP WITH A PROPER SOLUTION TO TRY AND BEAT ME AND YOU WOULD HAVE MORE FUN, MY OWN GUILD DOESNT EVEN WANNA FIGHT WHEN IM OUT THERE CAUSE THEY DONT GET ANY LOOT OR KILLS...AND LETS NOT MENTION WHEN I BRING RED ELMER FUDD OUT:gee::gee::gee:

NOW GET OUT THERE AND LET ME WHACK YA...LOL

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Siege is great because of the risk..it adds more of a realistic element to this game...one you will not find in ANY other out there. There is a lot of other features about uo that STILL are unique among the mmo markets for example player housing.

Looting is great...this shard/server is great...but the game has incorporated item usage...I don't think its a big deal in fact I think it made this game better ESPECIALLY with imbueing.

Take it all off me seriously I don't care...but if you left the dude their armor..you would see a HUGE change here in terms of people that participated.....I'm not saying to leave the lewts....hell if the dude is wearing 1/3's with dci/hci, sdi and lmc take that and laugh all the way to the bank! Take the unblessed artifact wep he is carrying for back up purposes such as dismounts or para blows...take that ****!

At least if the guy can come back and grab a simple 5x 70 resist suit with his lrc/lmc and minimal stats, he has a minimal re-equip time and you got your lewtz.

If you're running factions...you dont need thier armor anyways...you need punkte to wear what the standard is for hardcore pvping...

Anyways everyone is entitled to play the way they want and I know looting is fun...but you have to consider the numbers here....if you want to procure a community in an mmo where the player base is minimal...its up to you guys....

Don't expect devs to do anything for siege...not because they don't like us but simply because uo is their last concern...and siege is even lower then that on their priority list. For obvious reasons....

Great game...awsome server....lots of potential still....You don't have to be "friends"...but in the end this is just a game guys.

Davy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My chars are SUPPERMAN/davy both are in TnT. I havent been able to play much because I am way out in the boonies and internet sucks. Next week I should be on a bit and when school year starts again will be back at it! I would be willing to agree to cheaper sell backs and not looting your guild as long I get the same. Welcome Back. Also who all you bringing back any names we would remember?

icq-264664701

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

My chars are SUPPERMAN/davy both are in TnT. I havent been able to play much because I am way out in the boonies and internet sucks. Next week I should be on a bit and when school year starts again will be back at it! I would be willing to agree to cheaper sell backs and not looting your guild as long I get the same. Welcome Back. Also who all you bringing back any names we would remember?

icq-264664701
Davy I remember you. We are going to remain Minax since my real life brother who held my accounts is in your guild and will still be using Dantrag. I will add you to icq. Players that left with me that are playing again are, myself as Nadal, Myrn and another toon named Valas...Vain Coldheart, Jax Soulfire, Sakgu, Duggan Ironbeard...players that have activated with me...everyone is reworking stuff though...

When we left at wows release there was no spell weaving, no mysticism, no imbueing...and faction items where made with runics/silver and they were blessed for three weeks...seems like a life time ago eh?

Nice to see you're still around. You have a lot of nice players in your guild..Kat and Sprago have been very helpful.

We probably will create a more role play/pvp themed guild like SC or UND of old but we will remain in Minax with you guys....trying to get a few more to come back as well...

Davy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Davy I remember you. We are going to remain Minax since my real life brother who held my accounts is in your guild and will still be using Dantrag. I will add you to icq. Players that left with me that are playing again are, myself as Nadal, Myrn and another toon named Valas...Vain Coldheart, Jax Soulfire, Sakgu, Duggan Ironbeard...players that have activated with me...everyone is reworking stuff though...

When we left at wows release there was no spell weaving, no mysticism, no imbueing...and faction items where made with runics/silver and they were blessed for three weeks...seems like a life time ago eh?

Nice to see you're still around. You have a lot of nice players in your guild..Kat and Sprago have been very helpful.

We probably will create a more role play/pvp themed guild like SC or UND of old but we will remain in Minax with you guys....trying to get a few more to come back as well...

Ahhh k sounds good... I think I remeber a few of those chars. Ya I was gone for 3 years came back around a year ago. Lots of new stuff but wont take you long to catch on even though I been back a year still dont no what alot of the **** in uo is. There is deff alot of cool peps in TnT that will help you with anything you need. If yall stay maybe we can eventualy get 4 pvp guilds for all of the factions again lol

C

Calibretto

I don't think it's items at all destroying pvp on this shard. I think it's all the stealth and tamers. IMO.

C

Calibretto

It would be better for balance of power to go tb. ^^ Who you gonna fight if your Minax, the only ones will be BFF.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vortex you don't really NEED that gear. Even when you have it you still die, so why not wear lesser armor? I bet you most would do just as well in a mediocre suit as they do in an uber suit. If you need numbers to compete, then run around with 2 or 3 people and fight. If you're smart about it, as in - synchronizing on targets, crosshealing, staying on the same screen, the difference between a mediocre suit and an ubersuit becomes a non-factor.

And yeah, if its something I can't use or sell, I leave it (aside from pots/regs). If I do sell it, I do the normal prices - and usually 10-50k per imbued piece depending on the quality

And yes - stealth tamers and other ******** useless "Gay" templates never helped the shard. Grow a pair and play a template where you actually stand a chance of winning or losing....

icq - 225199894

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vortex you don't really NEED that gear. Even when you have it you still die, so why not wear lesser armor? I bet you most would do just as well in a mediocre suit as they do in an uber suit. If you need numbers to compete, then run around with 2 or 3 people and fight. If you're smart about it, as in - synchronizing on targets, crosshealing, staying on the same screen, the difference between a mediocre suit and an ubersuit becomes a non-factor.

And yeah, if its something I can't use or sell, I leave it (aside from pots/regs). If I do sell it, I do the normal prices - and usually 10-50k per imbued piece depending on the quality

And yes - stealth tamers and other ******** useless "Gay" templates never helped the shard. Grow a pair and play a template where you actually stand a chance of winning or losing....

icq - 225199894
I think your Crunch right?

I remember fighting you a lot when I was in KSS, but you obviously haven't fought me much lately. I always run GM gear only. I play a shown template, and I die a ton. I don't mind dying, I don't mind getting drylooted (although it often prevents me from coming back to the fights).

This isn't about me, its about the multitude of players who have left and are leaving and the reasons I have heard from their own mouths. Several of them have gone to prodo shards because they can re-equip quickly there. That means less time farming and more time fighting.

Cali is right, its not the only reason, but its a pretty major one.

C

Calibretto

I think your Crunch right?

I remember fighting you a lot when I was in KSS, but you obviously haven't fought me much lately. I always run GM gear only. I play a shown template, and I die a ton. I don't mind dying, I don't mind getting drylooted (although it often prevents me from coming back to the fights).

This isn't about me, its about the multitude of players who have left and are leaving and the reasons I have heard from their own mouths. Several of them have gone to prodo shards because they can re-equip quickly there. That means less time farming and more time fighting.

Cali is right, its not the only reason, but its a pretty major one.

I think you guys need to give this guy more credit. Vortex is not a L33T UbEr DoOd. But I've fought with him many times, he will stay and fight by your side and not cry or snap when he dies.

Vortex best thing to do is make a few suits on a day where you don't have time to fight. Then requping is easy. ^^

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before you came, much of the fighting involved no looting at all. Or at best, people looted some regs, potions, or aids they needed to get back into the fight. People rezzed each other in the field. In fact, there were whole tactics about getting teammates rezzed and back in the fight quickly. It was a blast, I'm sorry you missed it.
I've been playing on Siege since 2000. I've never understood why so many people try to pretend like this was the norm.

The only time you were looted lightly was when a fight was going on because real pvpers don't combat loot. Role players looted light, but that wasn't the culture here no matter what anyone tells you.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing on Siege since 2000. I've never understood why so many people try to pretend like this was the norm.

The only time you were looted lightly was when a fight was going on because real pvpers don't combat loot. Role players looted light, but that wasn't the culture here no matter what anyone tells you.
Your experience was obviously different. But I was in KSS, fighting UND, ORC, VMP, REV and fighting alongside CWS rangers, KOL, KRT. With the exception of Darth and Yoda, what I said was the norm.

Unless you ran under a different name, I don't remember you at all. In fact, for as much as we hear your mouth on these boards, I've NEVER seen you in game.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

I remember you. Yea that was the norm....10 years ago.....

10 years ago the only thing of value was a vanquish wep....10 years ago you could go to the orc fort and fight all night long....

10 years ago it didnt take 5 days to equip a competitive suit with weps for pvping..

10 years ago I could kill someone with a halberd a death robe and some regs.

You really think siege is broken? Because the game has changed? You expect devs to code changes in for a server that has a player base of 30?

You expect them to do this when they are competing against mmo's that have a player base a million times larger then their own?

Its safe to say that its doubtful...at the very least....

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi ya Nym, I have been on Siege for a little over 3 years now and I am in TNT, I have been hanging with your brother for around 2 years and he is a great guy. As I read this thread I want to add two things...

If your not going to stay in TNT, please go with a different faction...we need orange. I am sure that we can work out something out with looting, the few of us left in TNT have plenty of goodies and gold.

Get your boys ready and have a few fights before you look to set policy about looting or selling back. When people are pvping it seems that the sell back go fine and with the exception of Sprago every perons that has posted in this thread has not only sold me faction gear back but also bought their faction gear back, it usually goes smooth.

The state of Siege is what it is and the only thing that will cure it is to play the game. With global chat and icq it should be easy to set up fights. If you need anything to get your people up and running just icq me (see bottom).

I hope you consider staying in TNT, we have lost almost all of our pvpers and need to new blood to battle BFF.

Speaking of new blood, Cali, I see you in this thread and would love to fight side by side, as JSV is on a walkabout why not join TNT, be great to have you!!

TnT will have Mono back soon and Davy, Michelle and i'm sure when the fights start Elvis will show up.

*feels like QZ*

Seacrest out!

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nadal it's been many ages since me and you danced around outside of cove dungeon... I remember fighting you and UND almost daily back then.

Truth is though Siege really isn't big enough for you to branch out on your own just yet. I say ride it out with TNT for a while until the population grows then maybe break out into UND at a later date. It would be fun to actually have someone to fight against again.

As for Calibretto... Not a bad idea... Join TNT again we need fights.

C

Calibretto

Nadal it's been many ages since me and you danced around outside of cove dungeon... I remember fighting you and UND almost daily back then.

Truth is though Siege really isn't big enough for you to branch out on your own just yet. I say ride it out with TNT for a while until the population grows then maybe break out into UND at a later date. It would be fun to actually have someone to fight against again.

As for Calibretto... Not a bad idea... Join TNT again we need fights.

Never been in TnT only been in one guild on Siege.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

Mook! Yea you guys have a lot of great members...hell Davy dropped by last night and left a big donation for us to help out.

We actually want to branch into shadow lords and true brits...here is what is holding us back atm.

1) Been gone playing another game for 5-6 years so uo is very different to us hence we are re-learning / re-working templates.

2) my brother Dantrag coaxed me to come back and we do a lot of pve material together which would be difficult as opposing factions (but not impossible).

3) You guys have been really good friends to my brother and have been extrememly helpful to all of us.

Yea we would have more orange running around and we are a tight group also. Vain and sakgu and myself ran a 3v3 in warcraft that gained the gladiator title for 3 seasons. So we enjoy pvp and always have.

Kage! Yep that was great times back then.

I have actually been speaking to some old school shadowclan members as well...I may be even to convince a few to come back and re-open the orc fort for fights...but not sure if they will go under a SC title again or just rp different orcs.

ok well we will be banging away here for good now...what the future holds is still up in the air...we are re working templates like mad since the game has changed a lot.

Myrn Gladreth is definately going true brits as soon as he is no longer red...whoever was using him when i left decided to do some pking so I have about 13 long term counts on him to work off.

The Tsarrans will stay in an evil faction...Minax for now but we would like to go SL to give you guys more fights..

S

Sunchicken

110547523 Sunchicken or Brian **** i cant remmeber how i set up my icq its been so long ago...

Shoot me a msg anytime you wanna mage duel. Altho i dont log icq much be easier to get me via chat if im online.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mook! Yea you guys have a lot of great members...hell Davy dropped by last night and left a big donation for us to help out.

We actually want to branch into shadow lords and true brits...here is what is holding us back atm.

1) Been gone playing another game for 5-6 years so uo is very different to us hence we are re-learning / re-working templates.

2) my brother Dantrag coaxed me to come back and we do a lot of pve material together which would be difficult as opposing factions (but not impossible).

3) You guys have been really good friends to my brother and have been extrememly helpful to all of us.

Yea we would have more orange running around and we are a tight group also. Vain and sakgu and myself ran a 3v3 in warcraft that gained the gladiator title for 3 seasons. So we enjoy pvp and always have.

Kage! Yep that was great times back then.

I have actually been speaking to some old school shadowclan members as well...I may be even to convince a few to come back and re-open the orc fort for fights...but not sure if they will go under a SC title again or just rp different orcs.

ok well we will be banging away here for good now...what the future holds is still up in the air...we are re working templates like mad since the game has changed a lot.

Myrn Gladreth is definately going true brits as soon as he is no longer red...whoever was using him when i left decided to do some pking so I have about 13 long term counts on him to work off.

The Tsarrans will stay in an evil faction...Minax for now but we would like to go SL to give you guys more fights..
I would recommend going SL. Simply because you can farm the silver serpents in Blighted and still be orange to all of us. The serps are TB, and are by far the easiest way to acquire silver!

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TnT will have Mono back soon and Davy, Michelle and i'm sure when the fights start Elvis will show up.

*feels like QZ*

Seacrest out!
Finally made the long drive to Texas......damn the weather is great in El Paso. Anyone live close around here? Well, if things works out.....I'll be in my new house with furniture next week and back on game.