• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege pvpers

• Thread starter Myrn/Nym/Nadal
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally made the long drive to Texas......damn the weather is great in El Paso. Anyone live close around here? Well, if things works out.....I'll be in my new house with furniture next week and back on game.
Where are you stationed now?

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are you stationed now?
Fort Bliss........can't believe all the Airforce I'm seeing here on a Army base, hehe. I'll be here for a year, then back to Fort Bragg......I enjoy being a Paratrooper to much. Jumping out of planes is just to fun, unless your making a combat jump and dodging bullets on the way down.

Is Tek deployed or did he just quit?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fort Bliss........can't believe all the Airforce I'm seeing here on a Army base, hehe. I'll be here for a year, then back to Fort Bragg......I enjoy being a Paratrooper to much. Jumping out of planes is just to fun, unless your making a combat jump and dodging bullets on the way down.

Is Tek deployed or did he just quit?
Still deployed man. Doesn't get back until August. then I deploy in October for 6-8 months! I don't think we'll ever play together again lol

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still deployed man. Doesn't get back until August. then I deploy in October for 6-8 months! I don't think we'll ever play together again lol

Sucks to be deployed.....but it could be worse. You could pull 15 months like I did.

Who knows......might see some draw backs in numbers in couple years.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing on Siege since 2000. I've never understood why so many people try to pretend like this was the norm.

The only time you were looted lightly was when a fight was going on because real pvpers don't combat loot. Role players looted light, but that wasn't the culture here no matter what anyone tells you.
Your experience was obviously different. But I was in KSS, fighting UND, ORC, VMP, REV and fighting alongside CWS rangers, KOL, KRT. With the exception of Darth and Yoda, what I said was the norm.

Unless you ran under a different name, I don't remember you at all. In fact, for as much as we hear your mouth on these boards, I've NEVER seen you in game.
LOL

You're not even naming the major players on this shard during that time period. You skip over guilds like kgb, aaa, etc. etc.

But why in the hell would you know me? You aren't on my level and never were. Your little social circle was a microcosm on this shard. While big ticket guilds like kgb were dominating the landscape you were ceremoniously inducting knights into your little story book.

REV has a short history on this shard. The only reason they're still famous is because of the impact they've had on the memories of those who are left. Same with VMP. VMP was largely trash PvPers FYI. I suppose killing enough new players grants you fame?

Oh and I know the ORCs and UND too. Both comprised of terribad pvpers. Paul in UND was decent (with his glacial staff of cheapness) but for the most part Id only visit that section of the world occasionally. Kill dozens and then leave. They were cool people and I had a couple friends in both guilds, but no I would visit this group only on down times in pvp.

Let me clue you in on something. I came to Siege for the pvp culture. Because it was different than Atlantic. From the adaptations of jap style fighting (with hybrids and pots) to the very odd culture of field PvP where players would be running away coming back to get a cheap shot and running away again... something that would get you laughed at on Atlantic, but for some reason was revered here. So strange.

Players on this shard most DEFINITELY looted. So while I was coming to Siege to PvP against the best of the best. You wouldn't have known who I was because you wouldn't be someone I encountered. I never visited any of the old establishments. I was not interested in role play on Siege. I was here to PvP, but I'm sure you spent days and nights at wrong roof dueling. I'm sure you did factions (on a serious level.) I'm sure you PvP'd at Moonglow and Yew. Yeah... right.

I'm sure you're the librarian I should be talking to in order to find the story I'm talking about.

rolleyes:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would recommend going SL. Simply because you can farm the silver serpents in Blighted and still be orange to all of us. The serps are TB, and are by far the easiest way to acquire silver!
Demons are not bad for silver farming and you give that up in SL.

Is silver farming in Ilshenar still screwed? Wisp dungeon was great. Dunno, I love COM so I can't remember the last time I went for wisps to get silver.

Before they screwed the peerless - silver farming in prism was fantastic too.

Again, demons are a great substitute for serps. Obviously not as good, but there's enough spawns that it might be better than going to the hot spot that is blighted.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Draxous, you crack me up. Want me to set up some full loot duels for you? I would do it.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally made the long drive to Texas......damn the weather is great in El Paso. Anyone live close around here? Well, if things works out.....I'll be in my new house with furniture next week and back on game.
Nice, we need ya...been super slow.

Lets hope that all this board activity translates in some in game activity!

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL

You're not even naming the major players on this shard during that time period. You skip over guilds like kgb, aaa, etc. etc.

But why in the hell would you know me? You aren't on my level and never were. Your little social circle was a microcosm on this shard. While big ticket guilds like kgb were dominating the landscape you were ceremoniously inducting knights into your little story book.

REV has a short history on this shard. The only reason they're still famous is because of the impact they've had on the memories of those who are left. Same with VMP. VMP was largely trash PvPers FYI. I suppose killing enough new players grants you fame?

Oh and I know the ORCs and UND too. Both comprised of terribad pvpers. Paul in UND was decent (with his glacial staff of cheapness) but for the most part Id only visit that section of the world occasionally. Kill dozens and then leave. They were cool people and I had a couple friends in both guilds, but no I would visit this group only on down times in pvp.

Let me clue you in on something. I came to Siege for the pvp culture. Because it was different than Atlantic. From the adaptations of jap style fighting (with hybrids and pots) to the very odd culture of field PvP where players would be running away coming back to get a cheap shot and running away again... something that would get you laughed at on Atlantic, but for some reason was revered here. So strange.

Players on this shard most DEFINITELY looted. So while I was coming to Siege to PvP against the best of the best. You wouldn't have known who I was because you wouldn't be someone I encountered. I never visited any of the old establishments. I was not interested in role play on Siege. I was here to PvP, but I'm sure you spent days and nights at wrong roof dueling. I'm sure you did factions (on a serious level.) I'm sure you PvP'd at Moonglow and Yew. Yeah... right.

I'm sure you're the librarian I should be talking to in order to find the story I'm talking about.

rolleyes:
I think you are confusing yourself with someone else.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL

rolleyes:
I think you are confusing yourself with someone else.
Clearly he is, since I remember you quite well, and all the times I was killed by you, Arden, Dark Schneider and many others.

Funny, I used to pvp all over the shard up and down. I guess I missed Drax because I never took the short bus to wherever he was pvp'ing...:thumbup1:

*edit*
Actually, in his defense maybe he is talking about a different era since I dont remember an AAA guild and KGB was pretty much gone. I guess by the time I'm talking about he had quit playing and become the board warrior we all know and love.

S

Sunchicken

*chuckles* Draxous, you crack me up. Want me to set up some full loot duels for you? I would do it.
Im in if you can get some set up for me.
Mage duels- no pots, no apples.
All i ask is if you use necro no blood oath no strangle and Mystic No spell trigger no enchant.
**** id rather go 5x pure and use twighlight lanterns but thats just me.

E

Elmer Fudd

Nice, we need ya...been super slow.

Lets hope that all this board activity translates in some in game activity!
You are right here Mook....All of you guys need more help....it will take about all of TnT to bring me down....I cant be stoped I tell ya...Ill whack ya all and leave your gear for the buzzards...Off with all of your heads....Im ready...I know your scared when I come out on the field...I smell the fear i tell ya...Take your best shot!!!

Now get out there so I can whack yaz!!
LOL

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, in his defense maybe he is talking about a different era since I dont remember an AAA guild and KGB was pretty much gone. I guess by the time I'm talking about he had quit playing and become the board warrior we all know and love.
You must of showed up after everyone else left then... lol.

Forgive me for not preying upon role players and I'll forgive you for missing the first half of sieges existence.

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right here Mook....All of you guys need more help....it will take about all of TnT to bring me down....I cant be stoped I tell ya...Ill whack ya all and leave your gear for the buzzards...Off with all of your heads....Im ready...I know your scared when I come out on the field...I smell the fear i tell ya...Take your best shot!!!

Now get out there so I can whack yaz!!
LOL
You must have watch the new "Alice in Wonderland". I seen that movie with my girls, wasn't bad as I thought. I'll be keeping my head.....:gun:

E

Elmer Fudd

You must have watch the new "Alice in Wonderland". I seen that movie with my girls, wasn't bad as I thought. I'll be keeping my head.....:gun:
No, I actually didnt see it, did i say something that was in the movie that im not aware of?

The Off with yer heads comment? was that in the movie? cause if it was? im watching it now for sure..lol

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I actually didnt see it, did i say something that was in the movie that im not aware of?

The Off with yer heads comment? was that in the movie? cause if it was? im watching it now for sure..lol
hehe....to be honest, was good movie. Wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for my girls.

Yes.....thats the biggest phrase the evil queen would say. "off with your head". hehe

D

Duke TNT

Hey Nadal! Good to see some old vets coming back :) I'm in TnT, character's name is Duke but most everyone in vent calls me Michelle. I started playing UO about a year ago so you wont remember me but since you remember Davy, I'm his girlfriend IRL. He got me hooked on the game lol. My ICQ is 568322845. Let me know if you need anything. When I get to a better conn I'll give you some stuff to help yall get started again.

I probably will never get your loots since I suck at PvP but if I ever get lucky, I'll sell back/give back/not sell back the same way ya'll do it for me :)

Edit: I log onto ICQ very rarely so if you need to get hold of me, game chat is probably the best way. If I'm not in game, letting Davy know is probably your second best option.

A

Arden

Clearly he is, since I remember you quite well, and all the times I was killed by you, Arden, Dark Schneider and many others.

Funny, I used to pvp all over the shard up and down. I guess I missed Drax because I never took the short bus to wherever he was pvp'ing...:thumbup1:

*edit*
AAA was decent. KGB was garbage. I was in their guild for a few days, and watched them gank people during duels. After they ganked Prymal and looted him, I killed two of them and gave Prymal his stuff back :-/

OH and Draxous, stfu.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AAA was decent. KGB was garbage. I was in their guild for a few days, and watched them gank people during duels. After they ganked Prymal and looted him, I killed two of them and gave Prymal his stuff back :-/

OH and Draxous, stfu.
That was DKB, KGB was pre aos era dummy :)

A

Arden

You remember the Carebears?

By the way...KGB started on Pac newb...

They must have been crap, cuz I sure as hell don't remember them. And I was in one of the top faction guilds at the time.

No one left Pac because they were good. They left because of bans (me) or because they couldn't cut the pvp (likely KGB). FL started on Pac and attempted to chase a lot of guilds off the server. The crap ones left, the better ones stayed.

Ahh the days of 8 v 20....How I miss this game sometimes.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all are a bunch of V's. Straight up. If you die by my hand, everything on your corpse is mine. If I don't want it, I cut it up. If its nice, its mine. If its nice and I cant use it, it goes on the vendor!

That's my game!
"Your game" has ruined "our shard". Congrats!

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They must have been crap, cuz I sure as hell don't remember them. And I was in one of the top faction guilds at the time.

No one left Pac because they were good. They left because of bans (me) or because they couldn't cut the pvp (likely KGB). FL started on Pac and attempted to chase a lot of guilds off the server. The crap ones left, the better ones stayed.

Ahh the days of 8 v 20....How I miss this game sometimes.
I'm talking about 1998 and i don't remember FL in 1998 but i do remember the
Carebears though...and to correct you...the good guilds left pac to join sp and the trammies stayed on pac...

A

Arden

Sigh so long ago, Im all mixed up. I tried going through old stratics posts, sadly they are long gone :-(

Me > you. At least I know that is true. :D

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh so long ago, Im all mixed up. I tried going through old stratics posts, sadly they are long gone :-(

Me > you. At least I know that is true. :D
I think you replace intelligence with delusions too often...:lol:

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
False

UGH SOMEONE FIND MY ACC INFO FOR ME!!!
Get in vent maybe? i remember Ardens info and you can use my crafter and tamer if you want i really don't have enough time to play.