• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Please remove doors (faction bases TC)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I was on the faction test center for the first I was only aware of there only one place to place the sigils in each base. Since I was better I decided to checkout the bases again. I found this in two (GL FT) bases monoliths in a room with doors on them.

I seriously like to hear how this is considered balance, and fair? I want a defense that no one gets rolled over, but I seriously don't want a way to easy defense that these rooms with doors will cause.
So Please remove the doors

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting ... CV base doesn't have a sigil room with similar two door limitation?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting ... CV base doesn't have a sigil room with similar two door limitation?
See what I don't get is Why rooms like this in 2 bases the evil base and the neutral base when he made this comment in another thread. All the stuff he mentioned that he wants to prevent can all be done in these rooms.
The halls are wide to prevent cheesy stuff like 2 people who happened to be in the area stopping a 10 man raid that you spent the past hour putting together with a pile of impassable items. I've had that happen way too much in poorly designed keeps. I designed these keeps so that if some jerk piles candelabras to block a hallway, they are going to need a truckload. I designed them so that greater dragons are not overpowered... or energy fields.
(taken from this thread Factions Testing Commencement
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=194079&page=8 )

A

A Rev

I seriously like to hear how this is considered balance, and fair? I want a defense that no one gets rolled over, but I seriously don't want a way to easy defense that these rooms with doors will cause.
Laughable when you are the idiots (TB) exploiting the energy fields on top of barrells on GL!!

Thats fair and ballanced right???

That makes for an interesting defence right???

Hypocrisy for the win!!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Laughable when you are the idiots (TB) exploiting the energy fields on top of barrells on GL!!

Thats fair and ballanced right???

That makes for an interesting defence right???

Hypocrisy for the win!!!
LOL I'm not the one who said they wanted to prevent these cheesy tactics, and make 2 rooms in 2 bases that these cheesy tactics can be done in.

Who are you to decide casting fields in the area that barrels are that its an exploit. the players are there at their computers casting. It's funny everyone cries that we didn't play mages that we are gimp archers etc etc. Now that we do play mages they still cry. Not so gimpy any more are we.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who are you to decide casting fields in the area that barrels are that its an exploit. the players are there at their computers casting.
They may be at their computers, but I would contest the fact that they are the ones casting the fields and targeting the barrels.

Yesterday two people stood there and took 3 armor ignores to the face. After their energy field was disrupted did they try to cast a heal? No, they continued to try to cast energy field.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not the case Lynk. One of the chars you killed was mine and I most definitely ran between levels and tried to heal ... but then it is kinda hard to keep a 50 resist mana suited char alive. And no, we didn't attack you first because we make every effort NOT to attack our own faction ... we saw you, you were mentioned by name, Ressurection, but we gave you the opportunity to show us your honor and loyalty.

You proved yourself.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They may be at their computers, but I would contest the fact that they are the ones casting the fields and targeting the barrels.

Yesterday two people stood there and took 3 armor ignores to the face. After their energy field was disrupted did they try to cast a heal? No, they continued to try to cast energy field.
At that time tinkz, and the others thought I was there and would come heal the fielders so they wouldn't have to stop the fields. they didn't hear me tell them I was going to go outside and have a smoke. That is why they didn't stop fielding.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not the case Lynk. One of the chars you killed was mine and I most definitely ran between levels and tried to heal ... but then it is kinda hard to keep a 50 resist mana suited char alive. And no, we didn't attack you first because we make every effort NOT to attack our own faction ... we saw you, you were mentioned by name, Ressurection, but we gave you the opportunity to show us your honor and loyalty.

You proved yourself.
Actually the only char that tried to run away wasn't one of the fielders so... no. Yes arabella attacked me first.

I revealed myself in toad form and asked if anyone else was feeling froggy today and Arabella did exp/fs on me. I killed her, you went to res her, I killed you. Then I AI chopped the field casters on the top of the stairways. Neither of them moved from my AI damage or my conflag pot.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the only char that tried to run away wasn't one of the fielders so... no. Yes arabella attacked me first.

I revealed myself in toad form and asked if anyone else was feeling froggy today and Arabella did exp/fs on me. I killed her, you went to res her, I killed you. Then I AI chopped the field casters on the top of the stairways. Neither of them moved from my AI damage or my conflag pot.
Yep I did attack you first after you kept messing with me, and yep you got me then tinkz. You were in there with the intent to disrupt things with us, but no harm because we still corrupted the sigils.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I did attack you first after you kept messing with me, and yep you got me then tinkz. You were in there with the intent to disrupt things with us, but no harm because we still corrupted the sigils.
What have I ever done that could possibly lead you to believe that I care about sigils? You aren't high enough up on the totem pole for me to be concerned with disrupting you.

This is how everything really happened:

I logged in at the base and wanted to get out but I didn't have any recall scrolls in my book. I picked up some free bandages on the ground, said hi in toad form (that was for you dubar), you flagged, died. Then I killed the scripting fielders so I could make my escape!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What have I ever done that could possibly lead you to believe that I care about sigils? You aren't high enough up on the totem pole for me to be concerned with disrupting you.

This is how everything really happened:

I logged in at the base and wanted to get out but I didn't have any recall scrolls in my book. I picked up some free bandages on the ground, said hi in toad form (that was for you dubar), you flagged, died. Then I killed the scripting fielders so I could make my escape!
Like I'm really going to believe you don't care about the sigils. You were in the base helping guard them, you felt trapped behind the fields lost your mind, and went on a killing spree. :)