• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What will part 3 of the Abyss quest be?

B

BeefSupreme

(Or titled: How I lost the lottery and smashed my keyboard into a brick wall)

So what do you think it will entail?
Still involve the lamp, or something similar?
New spots to find and drop crystals?

As it's been said before, they are trying to make this as fair as possible
for everyone to get a chance. How do they do that considering what
has been posted so far, leads me to believe as each character completes
the quest for the day, there is a small small chance to win the golden ticket?

To win the house, are we subject to hell spawn RNG?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get some ink, you take it to the house spot, and use it on your lantern. If you win, you get a message, if not, it says you didn't win, but go get a prize from Geoffry anyway, and try again tomorrow.

I didnt win!

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Or titled: How I lost the lottery and smashed my keyboard into a brick wall)

So what do you think it will entail?
Still involve the lamp, or something similar?
New spots to find and drop crystals?

As it's been said before, they are trying to make this as fair as possible
for everyone to get a chance. How do they do that considering what
has been posted so far, leads me to believe as each character completes
the quest for the day, there is a small small chance to win the golden ticket?

To win the house, are we subject to hell spawn RNG?
A lottery system is the only way. A first come, first serve basis would be terrible.

No system is ever truly fair, someone will always be there to complain.

Good Luck to everyone who tries :D

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get some ink, you take it to the house spot, and use it on your lantern. If you win, you get a message, if not, it says you didn't win, but go get a prize from Geoffry anyway, and try again tomorrow.

I didnt win!
same for me through 5 chars haha

i'm pissed i missed out on second tier, i thought second tier would be up until third tier was won

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm pissed i missed out on second tier, i thought second tier would be up until third tier was won
The hell? The second tier has been taken down? Why the heck didn't they inform us, thats really shoddy dev work to say the least. They simply said the 3rd tier would start on the 12th, not that it would prevent the other tiers from working.

Man I am disappointed in them if this is true.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my understanding that you only had to do one day's quest to be entered into the Lottery, that the additional days were solely for peeps to get rewards?

I did my human/elf first acoount chars less than a dozen times total, but I only did my 2nd account gargoyle one day. Does that mean I am not "entererd" into both comtests?

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the second tier on 3/4 characters. I just couldn't stay awake. Due to time differences, I thought "no big, I can do it before server up" as I assumed that was when the third tier would go up.
Well, I was wrong. It randomly went into effect during the day I guess.
What's messed up is that the 4th character was able to do third tier without doing the the second where you run around like crazy. I think it's super messed up that people who didn't do the work still have a chance at getting the house.
Ugh. Whatever.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be noted that finishing the 3rd quest leaves a blessed, randomly colored bottle in your backpack. Not anything spectacular, but should be said since they do take up pack space.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hell? The second tier has been taken down? Why the heck didn't they inform us, thats really shoddy dev work to say the least. They simply said the 3rd tier would start on the 12th, not that it would prevent the other tiers from working.

Man I am disappointed in them if this is true.
I can't even begin to write a sarcastic reply to this post. You think that while people are running to the final house spot for part 3 - which we all now know is the location of the house - you would still be able to run round looking for POTENTIAL house spots?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't even begin to write a sarcastic reply to this post. You think that while people are running to the final house spot for part 3 - which we all now know is the location of the house - you would still be able to run round looking for POTENTIAL house spots?
lol sooo true :)
I guess some ppl didnt read the questlog/webby :)

C

Connor_Graham

I didnt win!
Is this for real? If so, where do you get ink? :confused:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I sort of agree, i mean, i have 2 accounts and the majority of my chars are red, so cannot complete such a quest. But oh well, i guess my murderous ways should be shun somehow =P

C

Connor_Graham

Ah ok, I get it now. So you just run back to the final spot, use the ink, then go back to Geoffrey and another shot at the chest?

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wth? The other node locations certainly wasn't housing spots and we already know the final housing spot would be the eight. Nowhere was it stated that the tier 1 and 2 quests ended on the 12th, only that the 3rd one started there.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol sooo true :)
I guess some ppl didnt read the questlog/webby :)
Nowhere in the uoherald page or the quest log did it state that the second tier ended on the 12th, considering I've been asking for days when it ended and no one knew, then it doesn't seem like anyone knew either.

Screw the house, its ****ty to have such an ill informed quest that runs such a short period of time, especially since its giving out very important items for slots which is otherwise normally not obtainable for the most part.

Totally ****ty for people who for instance couldn't afford to upgrade all their accounts to SA in the middle of the month. Though should have let tier 2 run until after the end of the month (with the same 8 nodes)

M

Malas Auctions

Wonder what the difference is if the ink bottles turn different colors after you target the lamp. First round it turned black, second char it turned blue. Anyone else have a different color?

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder what the difference is if the ink bottles turn different colors after you target the lamp. First round it turned black, second char it turned blue. Anyone else have a different color?
Its likely just to give us some rare memento of the event, like the lamp. I doubt the color has any significance.

O

omgmir

wth? The other node locations certainly wasn't housing spots and we already know the final housing spot would be the eight. Nowhere was it stated that the tier 1 and 2 quests ended on the 12th, only that the 3rd one started there.
Try reading the quest next time and use some common sense.

I swear all you do is pancake every single thread I open you either created it to pancake in or you replied to someone else pancakes.

B

BeefSupreme

Ah ok, I get it now. So you just run back to the final spot, use the ink, then go back to Geoffrey and another shot at the chest?
Yep.
Quest is pretty much a graphical version of a lottery, except each char has 1 chance to win each day.

I am curious how they scripted this and how the winner is chosen

I wonder, just so everyone gets a chance, if it's programmed to not 'pick' a winner
until maybe the middle of the week... Unless someone on some shard has already won one.
I would figure a ton of people would be upset if someone had won 2 minutes after midnight on their shard.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You don't actually have to run to the final spot, all/any of the nodes work in the same way, the bottle turns a random colour when you complete it.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try reading the quest next time and use some common sense.
No one else had common sense either, because no one knew. And its *NOT* written in the quest anywhere, so please stop with the nonsense.

I swear all you do is pancake every single thread I open you either created it to pancake in or you replied to someone else pancakes.
Actually I've praised quite a few things, but you glaze over that of course, because that doesn't suit your argument. But if there's something wrong with something in the game, then yes, I'll complain about it, its the only way the game can get better.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you only have 1 shot at winning the house on each character, correct? even if u do it again on them the next day you won't have a shot at winning the house on them, is that right?

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you only have 1 shot at winning the house on each character, correct? even if u do it again on them the next day you won't have a shot at winning the house on them, is that right?
To my understanding, each character has 1 shot of winning every day.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone confirm whether quest parts 1 and 2 are now shut off? I didn't get a chance to try those yet, just wondering if I'm too late.

Thanks!

L

Lady Lovely

Yes part 1 and 2 were necessary for part 3.......sorry friend :sad2:

B

BeefSupreme

To my understanding, each character has 1 shot of winning every day.
This is what I gather as well. I'm envisioning a .00001 chance of winning (loose math heh!)
at the start, with each additional chance narrowing the odds each time anyone from the shard gives the lottery a spin. Kind of a doom drop system, only shard wide.

If Atlantic wins first I think that means I'm right.

B

BeefSupreme

It's like the Predator's self destruct countdown.
We have no idea what it reads, only that things go boom soon.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stated that stage two will be done daily from 5th to 12th, so they told you stage 2 would end today so dont be surprised.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stated that stage two will be done daily from 5th to 12th, so they told you stage 2 would end today so dont be surprised.
Ok and where was that stated? It wasn't stated in the quest text and it wasn't stated in the uoherald announcement.

No one else saw it either, as even Petra said no one knew beyond what was announced in the UO Herald which was that stage 3 would start the 12th.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I for one didn't need to know the end date as I just got on with it. Even redoing it after the revert.

I'm not normally very good at quests but this was the easiest one to follow they have ever done. There was more information in the quest gump than there usually is.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one didn't need to know the end date as I just got on with it. Even redoing it after the revert.

I'm not normally very good at quests but this was the easiest one to follow they have ever done. There was more information in the quest gump than there usually is.
I noticed that too.

They said the information in-character, and out-of-character, and both pretty clearly.

It was kind of neat.

-Galen's player

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The second part of the quest was to find the spot to place the outpost. That spot was found on Sunday (I even had an alternate ending for those who did it on Sunday *takes bow*).

Phase 3 is trying to find an ink that will deed a house in the abyss. The consolation prize for not winning the lottery is that you get another shot at the war chest. (In fact, if you do win you still get a shot at the war chest).

You can still do the first part of the quest... the sequence is now Part 1 - Part 3.

Doing Part 2 did not affect your chance to win the house in part 3, though Part 1 was required. Part 2 has it's own rewards, as many people have pointed out.

For those who want a peek under the hood of this contest, the Part 1 puts you in a list of eligible winners, Part3 gives you a lotto scratcher to see if you were chosen. The quest is smart enough that each character can only be registered once so doing Part 1 over and over will just give you a pile of lamps but will not make it more likely to win.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it would have been nice if you had clearly stated that part 2 only lasted until the 12th, instead of only vaguely hinting at it.

Several clannies wanted to do the quest, but couldn't afford that many SA upgrades this week, having to wait until monday (today) to get enough money to upgrade, so instead of the planned hunt together to get everyone through the second quest, they've now been screwed out of the second stage chances.

Both of them have quit in anger over this, in total 15 active accounts and 15 SA upgrades lost. (one had 7, the other had 8) They were really looking forward to this when it was finally figured out how exactly this quest worked and could be worked.

Keep in mind that a lot of us weren't told about this event until evening the 6th, which means we couldn't even start until the 7th...this gave us 5 days total to not only figure out how to work the quest right, where all the pieces were, gather them, gain access to the underworld/abyss, but also actually doing the quest on multiple characters (some weaker characters were hellish hard, if not near impossible to get through some of the nodes). That just isn't enough time. I won't be upgrading the rest of my accounts to SA as planned either, so I'll stay at 3 accounts out of 10 upgraded.

Much the rest of the quests were actually well thought through and I even complimented you guys in another thread for it, but this timing and time limit you put on this was just very poor to say the least.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it would have been nice if you had clearly stated that part 2 only lasted until the 12th, instead of only vaguely hinting at it.

Several clannies wanted to do the quest, but couldn't afford that many SA upgrades this week, having to wait until monday (today) to get enough money to upgrade, so instead of the planned hunt together to get everyone through the second quest, they've now been screwed out of the second stage chances.

Both of them have quit in anger over this, in total 15 active accounts and 15 SA upgrades lost. (one had 7, the other had 8) They were really looking forward to this when it was finally figured out how exactly this quest worked and could be worked.

Keep in mind that a lot of us weren't told about this event until evening the 6th, which means we couldn't even start until the 7th...this gave us 5 days total to not only figure out how to work the quest right, where all the pieces were, gather them, gain access to the underworld/abyss, but also actually doing the quest on multiple characters (some weaker characters were hellish hard, if not near impossible to get through some of the nodes). That just isn't enough time. I won't be upgrading the rest of my accounts to SA as planned either, so I'll stay at 3 accounts out of 10 upgraded.

Much the rest of the quests were actually well thought through and I even complimented you guys in another thread for it, but this timing and time limit you put on this was just very poor to say the least.
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I can understand how people needed time to get a payday and stuff, that is why I put part 2 in there, to basically stall before the drawing began. As far as the announcement coming out on the 6th... yeah, Cal, Bonnie, and I were pretty angry about that too.

For what it's worth, the chance to win part 3 increases each day you do it and I will be very surprised if anyone wins on any shard until late in the week. I did that to help people have more of a chance to do the first part and participate, without just making the contest feel like it was going on forever.

OK, for the math fans out there, I will just tell you all how it is working under the hood. Basically I built a list of player characters who are eligible by registering them when they complete part 1. In part 3, I take the number of characters in the list and then multiply that number by another number... the first day is 1,000,000. So, if 1000 people are registered, then the first day we roll a number between 1 and 1,000,000,000, if I rolled under 1001 then someone is a winner for that day. If they do the quest on that day, they win and the contest is over. The next day we roll again, but this time the list has 1001 people on it (because someone new did Part 1). Day 2 we multiply the number in the list by 100,000, and roll on 100,100,000. If we roll under 1002 then someone has won... though they won't know it unless they do the quest ***on that day*** with that character. So, any day might be YOUR day. The multiplier is divided by 10 each day till we are just multiplying the list by 1 next Monday. Every day after that we multiply the number in the list by 1 until we have our winners.

That is the main reason you can only do it once per day... because we roll at server up and that character is the pre-ordained winner all day, it's just that nobody knows it. It also means that it doesn't matter what time of day you do the quest as long as you do it sometime on the day that we picked your character.

OK, I spilled it, that's how it works. Have fun!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one think that you over exaggerate on all levels, considering that if you checked uo websites just every other day, for just a minute you would have known about the quest (I knew and I haven't been actively been playing for at least a month), and it was NOT a hard quest in any way, I ran it with my completely defenseless crafter on siege (so her gear was not fantastic just a lrc suit she made herself, and I had to push through monsters) multiple times without even coming close to dying, and the population at large took about 20 minutes to figured out how the quest worked. You were the only on on the boards (or at all) who had a major problem with it that I saw.

If two people had 15 active accounts and closed them over this (ahh the classic "im closing my 4534 accounts!!")... I'm surprised they didn't quit when they got killed by a monster or something, talk about thin skin.

And blaming the dev team because you had to go buy SA upgrades is not fair. You've had months to upgrade to SA, and to learn about it. Its not the dev teams FAULT that you chose not to. As such you have no right to complain when they add content to the new expansion (imagine that!) and you have no access to it.

And maybe it wasn't said explicitly, and maybe it could have been, but I for one assumed part 2 would end when part 3 started, so did the only other people I talked to (which were few granted). It was just a logical progression of the quest line. Why would we be looking for spots when the spots were found, and why would they give us days to do it if it wasn't going to be over when the next stage began, rather than run all 3 at the same time?

And last of all, the rewards are STILL available, just once a day chance.

Give me a break.

B

BeefSupreme

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I can understand how people needed time to get a payday and stuff, that is why I put part 2 in there, to basically stall before the drawing began. As far as the announcement coming out on the 6th... yeah, Cal, Bonnie, and I were pretty angry about that too.

For what it's worth, the chance to win part 3 increases each day you do it and I will be very surprised if anyone wins on any shard until late in the week. I did that to help people have more of a chance to do the first part and participate, without just making the contest feel like it was going on forever.

OK, for the math fans out there, I will just tell you all how it is working under the hood. Basically I built a list of player characters who are eligible by registering them when they complete part 1. In part 3, I take the number of characters in the list and then multiply that number by another number... the first day is 1,000,000. So, if 1000 people are registered, then the first day we roll a number between 1 and 1,000,000,000, if I rolled under 1001 then someone is a winner for that day. If they do the quest on that day, they win and the contest is over. The next day we roll again, but this time the list has 1001 people on it (because someone new did Part 1). Day 2 we multiply the number in the list by 100,000, and roll on 100,100,000. If we roll under 1002 then someone has won... though they won't know it unless they do the quest ***on that day*** with that character. So, any day might be YOUR day. The multiplier is divided by 10 each day till we are just multiplying the list by 1 next Monday. Every day after that we multiply the number in the list by 1 until we have our winners.

That is the main reason you can only do it once per day... because we roll at server up and that character is the pre-ordained winner all day, it's just that nobody knows it. It also means that it doesn't matter what time of day you do the quest as long as you do it sometime on the day that we picked your character.

OK, I spilled it, that's how it works. Have fun!
I really like that.

Now you just need a message to tell the character that didn't log in on his day to win.

Tell me you're logging the 'chosen' character name and that that log isn't deleted at server up.

B

BeefSupreme

As a side benefit, you also got a lot of players to finally fork over a couple bucks for the SA expansion. But I'm sure that was all part of the plan.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats at least something that you're aware of that being a mistake to give such a short notice. Also remember that due to it being tuesday/wednesday, then people would already have spent what they got on monday. Having only 5 days to figure everything out and do everything is just too little time.

Well, it wouldn't have hurt to allow part 2 to run along side part 3...just let people do part 1, then part 2 X times, then part 3. Would be logical as quests always progress individually per person.

No one would have been hurt by extending the second part of the quest chain and allowing everyone a chance at getting the stuff, it was not like you had more chances simply because there were more days, there were only those number of nodes, no more. Most of us don't really care about the house (aren't going to win it anyway), but we do care about the cloak and talismans, which are very useful stuff to complete suits.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one think that you over exaggerate on all levels, considering that if you checked uo websites just every other day, for just a minute you would have known about the quest (I knew and I haven't been actively been playing for at least a month)
It was posted on uoherald late on the 5th, announced on the 6th...even checking every other day, it would have been missed. And I am sorry, if they're going to make it a requirement to check up on the sites daily, then there's something really really wrong with this game.

and it was NOT a hard quest in any way, I ran it with my completely defenseless crafter on siege (so her gear was not fantastic just a lrc suit she made herself, and I had to push through monsters) multiple times without even coming close to dying, and the population at large took about 20 minutes to figured out how the quest worked. You were the only on on the boards (or at all) who had a major problem with it that I saw.
You also have to do quest 1 first and complete it for every character. Granted you can get the items on one character and pass them on, but its still no easy task sometimes. And the in game chat channel was full of people needing help with this. Perhaps siege just pulled it better together, I don't care, its siege. And that you could go through the mobs no problem is fantastic for you, perhaps there's less spawn on siege, I can say that tackling 2 skeletal liches + hordes of mobs with a crafter is no small task. Couldn't even move a square or get an invisibility spell off before I was duo flamestriked to death. Had to wait 1½ hours before enough players actually started fighting the spawn before I could rush through and that was just one character.

If two people had 15 active accounts and closed them over this (ahh the classic "im closing my 4534 accounts!!")... I'm surprised they didn't quit when they got killed by a monster or something, talk about thin skin.
Its not thin skinned to be dissatisfied with the devs teams decisions, which were clearly bad in this situation. Kudos for Mark owning up to some of it at least, which can go a long way towards smoothing things over. The point is that they represent the silent people who just vote with their wallets, they don't rant on Stratics or even post here, they just quit.

And blaming the dev team because you had to go buy SA upgrades is not fair. You've had months to upgrade to SA, and to learn about it. Its not the dev teams FAULT that you chose not to. As such you have no right to complain when they add content to the new expansion (imagine that!) and you have no access to it.
Uhm, I wasn't blaming the devs for having to buy it, I was saying that BECAUSE of their bad decision, none of us will be upgrading our accounts, which = lost money for Mythic. I have upgraded 3 of my 10 accounts, the remaining 7 will remain SA-less.

And maybe it wasn't said explicitly, and maybe it could have been, but I for one assumed part 2 would end when part 3 started, so did the only other people I talked to (which were few granted). It was just a logical progression of the quest line. Why would we be looking for spots when the spots were found, and why would they give us days to do it if it wasn't going to be over when the next stage began, rather than run all 3 at the same time?
Why would part 1 still be available when part 3 is out, despite part 1 contradicts part 3? Quests have mostly always run in a vacuum, so the quest chain is unique to each person. So it makes little sense either way and thats why it should have been clearly stated.

M

MYUO

Most of us don't really care about the house (aren't going to win it anyway), but we do care about the cloak and talismans, which are very useful stuff to complete suits.
OOOKay. So it is just about the cloak and talismans. It seems you can still get them doing part 3 everyday, if I understand correctly. Plus you only need to go to the nearest node to finish the quest.

If your complain was all about not being able to run around in Abyss to those nodes, then the damage is done. Well, you can always pretend that you are running part 2 by running to a different node everyday with that ink and latern, click the ink and target the latern, get back to Brit castle to have a chance for the cloak or talisman.

G

GL_Seller

Jesus christ stop ur damn crying. I hardly doubt someone with 7 and 8 accounts is gonna quit over not being able to do a damn quest to try and get a cloak. If they have that many accounts they should have 10m and go buy the cloak and not whine like 2 yr olds.

Wether or not u realize that it stopped they announced that step 3 started today and since ur looking for a house and step 2 ends with u finding the house it would only be right if it ended. I ran all my ppl through thinking it would end. If you didnt oh well. All u lost is a chance to get a cloak or talisman that is it. Even then you still have a chance at these items still. I know because i got one today.

The sa expansion thing is just absolutely stupid. If you waited to upgrade until u had to to get the item then thats ur loss. How long has it been available now?

*EDIT*

I mean the only people who should have a gripe about this is the pvp community that have reds. Bunch of my buddies have sa accounts and all but one are red. So they only get 1 chance at it because they choose to pvp. Guess they should quit to huh? Oh wait they bought the item. Instead of OMG I CANT GET IT OMG OMG OMG IM CANCELING OMG OMG.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jesus christ stop ur damn crying. I hardly doubt someone with 7 and 8 accounts is gonna quit over not being able to do a damn quest to try and get a cloak. If they have that many accounts they should have 10m and go buy the cloak and not whine like 2 yr olds.
Honestly neither they, nor I really care about your opinion about it. Actually they reactivated to do the quest, because I and others were praising it, they just couldn't afford to also upgrade to SA as well the same week.

And no, neither of them are particularly rich and have tens of millions needed to get these.

Wether or not u realize that it stopped they announced that step 3 started today and since ur looking for a house and step 2 ends with u finding the house it would only be right if it ended. I ran all my ppl through thinking it would end. If you didnt oh well. All u lost is a chance to get a cloak or talisman that is it. Even then you still have a chance at these items still. I know because i got one today.
Doesn't really matter now, as they've quit and are not buying the SA upgrade. Personally I'll still be doing the 3rd stage on my SA accounts, but nothing more than that. And either way, it was poorly communicated, which is exactly what pissed them off so much amongst others, it was the same BS that made them quit the game a while back.

The sa expansion thing is just absolutely stupid. If you waited to upgrade until u had to to get the item then thats ur loss. How long has it been available now?
Why would I want to upgrade my other accounts before this event? I have no reason to go to the Abyss with most of my characters normally. and they of course just started again, so they wouldn't have had SA accounts until they could afford it.

Its not my loss, personally, I just say screw it, but its a loss to UO and Mythic in terms of $$$, one thing they don't have much of.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean the only people who should have a gripe about this is the pvp community that have reds. Bunch of my buddies have sa accounts and all but one are red. So they only get 1 chance at it because they choose to pvp. Guess they should quit to huh? Oh wait they bought the item. Instead of OMG I CANT GET IT OMG OMG OMG IM CANCELING OMG OMG.
That reds couldn't participate was made clear from the get go. But either way, people vote with their wallets, if they want the dev team to change things to give reds more chance to get things and not having to either have hordes of golds or ebay it, then they can vote with their wallets too and quit.

Which many people do, they just don't post on Stratics about it most of the time.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the system that was chosen. I just hope I get lucky hehe.

I won't say anything about the person quitting over this with 8 accounts. I kind of feel sorry for them (not because they missed this quest, but for other obvious reasons).

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

So to recap...
Your complaint is that some people who were inactive couldn't get an item, that they don't actually need because they're inactive. They then quit, despite being inactive, and chose not to do an upgrade that they couldn't afford anyway. You're upset that they didn't communicate well with these inactive players nor make allowances for them, even though there were detailed notes for when the quest was, where and how to start, and in game the quest itself was more detailed than ever before, but being inactive they presumably wouldn't have read it or had any interest in it. You earlier said that you only wanted cloaks/talis but also that you have no reason to upgrade your other accounts when upgraded accounts are the only ones that could participate. You also think that Mythic have lost money because some inactive players have quit and didn't do an upgrade that they couldn't afford. On top of this you seem to be angry at the lack of support for inactive players who wish to reactivte, do an upgrade they can't afford and move house to an area they've no knowledge of nor reason to go to.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah well, its over and done with, that one, well she's always had a bit of a temper, but I can certainly understand it being screwed over by bad communication and decisions by the devs, and as such screwed out of the very thing they activated their accounts to do.

Its a way to silently just say screw this and let the money talk, instead of Stratics talk.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So to recap...
Your complaint is that some people who were inactive couldn't get an item
They were active. And it was as much the event and the seemingly change in how UO operated than it was the items themselves.

Mythic didn't communicate well, heck even Mark (kudos for that) admitted that they screwed up the announcement of the quest, giving us around 5 days to do the whole thing. And they screwed up in giving details on when exactly quest 2 ended, that should have been very clear from the get go. Whether the quests were more detailed than ever doesn't detract from this.

And again, they already had active accounts and they were planning on upgrading all accounts to SA today (monday). So yes, Mythic lost both the payments for the accounts + the SA upgrade costs.

I don't really care about participating on the other accounts merely for quest 3, definetly not going to bother with doing 35 quest 1's simply for 1 chance a day, instead of 1 chance per node. Not to mention, not going to do it because the handling of the announcements were poor, though due to Marks statements, it did persuade me to upgrade at some point and not completely deny it.

And lastly, none of them really cared about the Abyss house itself (as the chances are astronomical of winning anyway).