• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Thread- Keep your smack talk in here. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I play on Cats [read all pvp boards] time to time, if you transfer that would be good we [RICE] are about the only pvpers on the shard [the rest all stealth]!!!

Please bring a tracker / detecter with you but stay outta our faction!
RICE hardly ever plays unless we catch them sneaking in a spawn. And last I heard the GM of RICE was xfering off the shard (second hand info idk how true it is)

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ello mates!
Just wanted to say that I will be joining in on the PvP fun-age, or at least try too. I have little PvP experience...i've mostly fought "trammies" so in trammie fights im pretty good, but when it comes to REAL PvPing im god awful. But I love PvPing and I think its fun but I want the real thing =P
I dont get mad if I die and I dont brag if I kill people but if you do kill me (very high chance at this time period) I would love any feedback on how to improve myself!
see ya on the field mates! yarr!

A

A Rev

RICE hardly ever plays unless we catch them sneaking in a spawn. And last I heard the GM of RICE was xfering off the shard (second hand info idk how true it is)
We all play multiple shards and rarely stay for long in one place...Cats got boring fast...alot of stealthers doing nothing all day.

The rest of the time it was taking down 7man spawns with 2 RICE.

We didnt sneak anything...hell we even held a 5man harry against the whole shard!

Boring.

I wouldnt be surprised if he does x-fer or build a new char...i know im in the process of building another 5mages on another 5shards in the hopes of finding some decent pvp!

Edit: sorry...this is Baja thread :) as i said though welcome you guys along to get bored fast :p

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the extra info, all.

I tried asking about Catskills in the PvP thread there, but it was taken down shortly after so we aren't 100% clear on how it all works there.

CryptisRavenous

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you want to xfer with us you are more than welcome.
That was awfully polite of ya Hazmat. I just found out, I may not be able to afford the transfer, though. =/ It may be a few weeks. Unemployment is restricting. I do have to admit though... running around by myself with a PvM tag is fun, I just quickly get outnumbered, lol.

-Abigar

H

hqn at Baja

Anybody still on this shard that I used to play with 4-5 years ago?? I used to play hqn and Forrest Gump. I posted up a thread up in the Baja forum, had some free time and just decided to check out the game, had a lot of good times on here. Drop a post in my other thread if theres any of y'all left here!

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ello mates!
Just wanted to say that I will be joining in on the PvP fun-age, or at least try too. I have little PvP experience...i've mostly fought "trammies" so in trammie fights im pretty good, but when it comes to REAL PvPing im god awful. But I love PvPing and I think its fun but I want the real thing =P
I dont get mad if I die and I dont brag if I kill people but if you do kill me (very high chance at this time period) I would love any feedback on how to improve myself!
see ya on the field mates! yarr!
Ceno.... it's me Sid.... I've just got back into PvP too.... been using my dexxer Dodger.... McVie, Connor, Young Rob, Young Dro been handing my ass to me... now I have another RPer to help me out.... look out boys and girls the RPers are learniing to PvP.... Ceno come join me in Yew and get schooled.... dieing by myself is no fun, now we both can see grey scale.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kekeke Ceno has a far larger group to fall back on. Some might say they're the largest on this shard.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kekeke Ceno has a far larger group to fall back on. Some might say they're the largest on this shard.
Well that's ok Ken...BRPA and CTDM are in an alliance but not an alliance (CTDM isnt our roleplaying guild, K T is) so he is more than welcome to join us on the CTDM stone!

I already know some minor basics of PvP lol, so let me know and we can learn together!

And for those who dont know, CTDM joined in the SI alliance which is what Ken is talkin about lol

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all SI has to align with now is the pope and that covers everyone right? :eyes:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ceno.... it's me Sid.... I've just got back into PvP too.... been using my dexxer Dodger.... McVie, Connor, Young Rob, Young Dro been handing my ass to me... now I have another RPer to help me out.... look out boys and girls the RPers are learniing to PvP.... Ceno come join me in Yew and get schooled.... dieing by myself is no fun, now we both can see grey scale.
i like this kid. you made smile sir. keep working at it you'll get there. i mean that with best intentions too.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
War Wizard;1598377 look out boys and girls the RPers are learning to PvP.... Ceno come join me in Yew and get schooled.... dieing by myself is no fun said:
Oh Lord help the 'real' PvP'rs! I can see it now...

Ceno: Hello. My name is Ceno Cottonwood. You killed my father! Prepare to die!

McVie: Newb!

Young Dro: Newb!

Other Pvp'rs hanging out at the Yew gate cast spells and attack Ceno Cottonwood.

Ceno: Wait! Wait! You can't do tha...

War Wizard: Hey! You can't do that!
War Wizard: Hello. My name is War Wizard. You killed my friend! Prepare to di.....!

Scene fades to grey.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Lord help the 'real' PvP'rs! I can see it now...

Ceno: Hello. My name is Ceno Cottonwood. You killed my father! Prepare to die!

McVie: Newb!

Young Dro: Newb!

Other Pvp'rs hanging out at the Yew gate cast spells and attack Ceno Cottonwood.

Ceno: Wait! Wait! You can't do tha...

War Wizard: Hey! You can't do that!
War Wizard: Hello. My name is War Wizard. You killed my friend! Prepare to di.....!

Scene fades to grey.
I can't quit laughing over this mental image!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
har har har =P
that actually was funny =P
but remember, Ceno is "dead" in RP land, so i wont be RPing while im doing the whole fel stuff

R

RD Gumbie

Last night SI raided KR doing Oaks at mid lvl 3, was pretty much 14 on 14, we killed 4 of thier necros right away when we arived and Sir Midian and the rest of thier blue necros ran away. Few mins later 4 reds came back to fight they did well but not well enough, it's too bad all those KR necros they were spawning with didnt come back to fight too, it may have been interesting. I wasnt aware the guild had that many peps in it :)

B

Blaze of Baja

I killed me some of those KR nOObs too. Next time don't take so long to do Oaks lvl2 so we don't have to wait so long to raid ya.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night SI raided KR doing Oaks at mid lvl 3, was pretty much 14 on 14, we killed 4 of thier necros right away when we arived and Sir Midian and the rest of thier blue necros ran away. Few mins later 4 reds came back to fight they did well but not well enough, it's too bad all those KR necros they were spawning with didnt come back to fight too, it may have been interesting. I wasnt aware the guild had that many peps in it :)
PRICELESS !!!
*wink*

C

Capt.E

maybe you can clarify this for me. What is the point of spawning on reds? Just curious.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe you can clarify this for me. What is the point of spawning on reds? Just curious.
Ummmmmmmmmmm how about placing fields that blues or reds will get stuck or take damage. Truly I suggest to SI if you are going to be a SPAWNING guild ( you raid also but lets keep that a secret from the rest of the shard) go play on the japanese shards. You may learn a thing or two, maybe 3 , four, five, six,.........get the point. If you would go there and since you're devouring the RP's now on the shard you may want to get them taught the right way while learning. Then maybe instead of having huge numbers spawning you can actually defend and spawn with 5. I figure the BRPA days are numbered now :)

C

Capt.E

Uhhhh. You can stop a blue with a blue field. It's called war/peace. It's easier to let them in and turn them red though. Something I'm sure all the reds on baja are familiar with.

M

McVie

maybe you can clarify this for me. What is the point of spawning on reds? Just curious
There is no need to be red if you are faction. There are a lot of bonuses to going faction like you can actually win a fight. When the other team is in stat chances are they will leave rather than die over and over so this gives the wining team 20 min to finish whatever it is they were doing or whatever they took. Another cool bonus is you don't need to be red you can spawn away and still be effective when defending. Down side is it works for your enemies to so you can turtle in somewhere and die rez, rinse repeat for ever like you do now. :pint:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhhhh. You can stop a blue with a blue field. It's called war/peace. It's easier to let them in and turn them red though. Something I'm sure all the reds on baja are familiar with.
Sometimes its not what you think. What makes you think the blue is coming in to attack you or your guildies. I can run through you fields all I want until you attack me. It could be for another purpose. Think outside the box.

Lesson time. Did this all the time on another shard. The enemy Blues would field up after their reds would raid. We be rezzed backup and go after the champ not worrying about the blues or red. We run thru the blue fields hit their champ. Throwing evs casting spells, dexxers hitting champ.. If we die we just go back and get rezzed and go back into the fight and hit the champ. Some of us may do enough damage to get a scroll. Now we may lose a few ps on the dead bodies of our comrads that didnt survive hitting the champ and keeping the enemy reds and blues from hitting them. Our protector also got scrolls who was in a safe spot.

So the raiding guild didnt get all the scrolls it was still a partial victory. On the plus side some of the blues would attack to keep us off the champ. If they did get a kill they got a count. Hence we served another purpose turning their blues to red. The game has more tactics then you think. Its not what it always seems. You just assumed b/c they come through the fields they are attacking you not the champ. Some blues do some blues dont. Its the magic of the game:p You never know what to expect!

Now if reds was straight up fielding then we couldnt get in off the bat to hit the champ. hence why you would want a reds fielding not just blues. Trapped boxes serve a purpose!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are making this into a freakin' essay.

Why red? So you can kill other blues and raid spawns.

SI itself pointed out that they raided K*R at Oaks. If those K*R had stayed on their blues, there would have been no raid (or less of one). So the point of spawning on reds? So that you can kill everyone else if needed. Even PvP guilds will, if given the time/opportunity, kill the champ with a blue and another blue protector. It's just common sense.

This whole line of debate is rather pointless. SI isn't going to join Factions en masse, nor consistently field reds. They are not primarly a PvP guild, and they don't raid all that often. There is no reason for them to play on reds or be in Factions, and no amount of debate is going to prevent them from playing what benefits their guild and its style the most.

I see no shame in choosing the tactics that are most efficient to one's own style of play. Asking most of SI to stop playing in a cowardly way is like asking most PvPers to stop using illegal programs for an advantage. If you can ask SI to stop playing so conservatively, shouldn't they equally ask you to stop using extra programs?

Here's a better idea: everyone stop pancakes about pointless stuff. All the crying from SI about the usage of illegal programs is equally pointless and boring. Everybody has an axe to grind with an enemy guild, and it's never resolved. Take it from someone who's been around a long time.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are making this into a freakin' essay.

Why red? So you can kill other blues and raid spawns.

SI itself pointed out that they raided K*R at Oaks. If those K*R had stayed on their blues, there would have been no raid (or less of one). So the point of spawning on reds? So that you can kill everyone else if needed. Even PvP guilds will, if given the time/opportunity, kill the champ with a blue and another blue protector. It's just common sense.

This whole line of debate is rather pointless. SI isn't going to join Factions en masse, nor consistently field reds. They are not primarly a PvP guild, and they don't raid all that often. There is no reason for them to play on reds or be in Factions, and no amount of debate is going to prevent them from playing what benefits their guild and its style the most.

I see no shame in choosing the tactics that are most efficient to one's own style of play. Asking most of SI to stop playing in a cowardly way is like asking most PvPers to stop using illegal programs for an advantage. If you can ask SI to stop playing so conservatively, shouldn't they equally ask you to stop using extra programs?

Here's a better idea: everyone stop pancakes about pointless stuff. All the crying from SI about the usage of illegal programs is equally pointless and boring. Everybody has an axe to grind with an enemy guild, and it's never resolved. Take it from someone who's been around a long time.

i dont know about everyone else,but everytime SK rage types,i get all excited...SK ICQ ME NOW,I CANT WAIT! MMMMMMM...sorry ayassa..me and sk are just temp..nothing seriouse like me and you!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stepping in to cool this party down a bit. Let's leave the discussion of illegal programs off the boards shall we.

Play the game... go have fun!!

C

CatLord

Thanks for the extra info, all.

I tried asking about Catskills in the PvP thread there, but it was taken down shortly after so we aren't 100% clear on how it all works there.

That is the Plan...

hazmatofbaja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about this, all of you suck except for me, and the people who are close to my level all play with me. Yea I said it, I AM JESUS REINCARNATE! you all are garbage, capt e... lol at you. that mage you play... lols.. and that tamer.. sooo sad, but hey its watever, ill just let you figure out why people spawn on reds... lmao. And yes no one form my guild has really logged on Baja is a long time, truthfully We like GL ALOT more, we had a 8 vs 14 fight the other and i have over 156 million points. So why would I play baja when its near impossible to keep from decaying? NOOBS

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree completely.

Turnover rates for those numbers is high. Most SI members die at least once or twice well before one of us dies, with the possible lone exception of Splinter. Which puts you guys, not us, in stat. Choke points can be avoided or simply abandoned; it would simply be a different style of play. Don't forget that we also have experience playing in stat, and it doesn't limit us as much as you might think.

If you're that confident, go ahead and try it.

I agree with SK..All respect to SI but if it wasnt for the guardzone and such and you all were factions you wouldnt last very long,im not trying to knock you all or anything,you're VERY good at what you do..With us being pvpers we look for excitement.. we like to kill peeps, only a hand full of us like to talk ****..personally i dont say anything unless someone is knockin my guildmembers or me..your version of it may be tad bit different,maybe holding the starroom or running to guards is your way of having fun..it really wouldnt hurt to have 1 char per person in factions just to test how it is,nothing to be afraid of..it's only 20 minutes of your time which you can do while yelling at us over general chat lol..you have the patience to hold the star for like 30 minutes..so im sure you have it to sit 20 minutes..
Think about it..look at it from our point of view..you're the only red guild on the shard..and the only real people you have to fight would rather sit in the guardzone and bait you to get guardwhacked,thats boring =[ and a tad annoying...

ps! SK RULES
SuperBowl picks next year..Dallas vs San Diego Dallas wins 48-10

C

Capt.E

the annoying part is why it's done. The only thing I hate more than getting guard whacked is not getting a count. Which I don't give reds on my blue either. I am still trying to figure out spawning on reds. There was a time when certain PVP guilds would time raids with the champ dropping. I can understand that. No justice scrolls, no chance to turn opposition red, and none of the other abilities like self res, honor, or resing with full hp. Just seems like status quo brain dead logic.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to refer back to my “Priceless” comment because I think most missed the point entirely.
I wasn’t referring to a raid on KR. I was referring to a specific comment in Gumbi’s post.
Hasn’t anybody else seen the 3 KR Archers running around together? Or the 4+ Necros cruising together wither spaming everything? The point Gumbi was making was that there were between 10 – 14 KR working the Oaks spawn (including 2 large groups of necros); yet only 4 or 5 returned to fight on different characters.

How the jump was made to television commercials and factions vs. non-factions, I don’t know.

And SuperK makes some clear and undesputable points. SI isn’t a PvP guild but continues to be held to the standards of a PvP guild. Here is a guild that probably consists of 20% good pvpers, 80% ‘new to pvp/spawning’ players. That we’re able to compete at all is something we’re proud of and that pride is not contingent upon the approval of the Hard Core “Elite” PvP crowd.

I personally have 2 characters in factions. I personally would like to play factions more. But everybody knows it is pointless and a deathwish if you don't have 4 or 5 other faction peeps to run with.

I personally don’t enjoy discourse or trash talk but have a tendancy to jump in to clarify, defend or insert balance when things that are said get out of hand.

Goodluck on GL. Make Baja proud!!

C

Capt.E

I disagree completely.

Turnover rates for those numbers is high. Most SI members die at least once or twice well before one of us dies, with the possible lone exception of Splinter. Which puts you guys, not us, in stat. Choke points can be avoided or simply abandoned; it would simply be a different style of play. Don't forget that we also have experience playing in stat, and it doesn't limit us as much as you might think.

If you're that confident, go ahead and try it.
that was my point about having 8 characters. I do have a faction toon. In fact I have 2. The problem is that there is about 8 total players in alliance with faction toons. I hope it does catch on. I just think you guys should enjoy the advantages you currently have. Instead of talking trash about SI and the alliance being unwilling to join factions. Believe me I know the problems of maintaining points on Baja. I am hopeful that they change the faction system entirely. The system is broken. The point of it has been lost completely. No, I'm not talking about RP reasons. There just needs to be more incentive than holding faction towns IMHO. I eagerly await the new patch that will address this and hopefully you will see more of my faction toon.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
airhaun you're a cool fella,trust me we dont set out to talk trash to anyone..but you cant deny (hate to bring this up again) everytime i log in,or go to read stratics all i really ever see is people including si trashin us for hacking and crap..it's hard to squash **** talk when theres always a attack going to my guild. sorry for talking bout that oriana..just wanted to point it out.

L

lubertdas

The same handful of people contributing to this thread is turning this thread stale. I'm an SI member and I don't find that others posting on SI's behalf necessarily represent me as an individual player. And other perspectives have not been objective enough to offer real insight.

So, say what you will to engage in this battle of egos, continue on this vein, or maybe we could move on and retire this sad refrain.

What I think would be fun, is to be able to practice fighting alongside members of "opposing" guilds. It'd be an interesting social experiment and I always wonder how teamwork, tactics and experience work for other guilds. You guys are good at what you do and it'd be fun to learn from skilled pvpers. Don't know how to accomplish that but I'd be more willing to engage in fights outside GZ, join Factions, etc. with more pvp experience.

hazmatofbaja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same handful of people contributing to this thread is turning this thread stale. I'm an SI member and I don't find that others posting on SI's behalf necessarily represent me as an individual player.
Don't care, and none of us do until you tell who your main char is.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol Hazmat es funny.

I, too, want to know who lubertdas plays.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is to the C@S guy that died last night. Dont cry when or how you died. You obviously was griefing going thru gates in tram following us. So when the red fel gate came I was waiting for you on my red. You came in finally and ran away like hell was on your ass. You got lucky the first time when you got away b/c I over ran you when you got stuck behind that tree and I got stamina stuck trying to get back out of the wooded area. Here is the issue I have.....

YOU CAME BACK FOR ROUND 2 AND YOU GOT KILLED BY A M!S AND ME (GSE). THEN YOU CRY AFTERWARDS. I put that in caps is to prove a point. You got away then came back got owned. So if the Borg errrr I mean SI would like to step in and INFORM your assimilated guilds that we are enemies. Airhaun said it on another post. The Borg errrr I meant, SI fights all red pk guilds and M!S. Dont go to luna and cry foul after a fight and challenge people. I was still in fel. Truthfully, I was waiting for a 100 blues to come back for vengeance of killing one of the borg. I remembered there was no GZ for the borg to stay in and my waiting was fruitless :(

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the Plan...
LAWL. I know how it works there Petey. Im xffeing to have you entertain me a couple nights a weeks. Im only xffeing a char to take back some new suits, weps and supplies. My red needs to get undusted on cats. I checked him out the other night naked as jay bird sitting in an inn. He has 1678 kills. Just need to revamp his temp to god mode and Ill be ready :) Cya in the field. I'll say in advance...kthx for the insurance money. i know about you economic sanctions. Insurance will make up the difference :p

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I must of but you know now why since we have had discussions in pm.

C

Capt.E

pay-per-view. You know it's that charge on your bill every month for watching men-on-men, SK. :p

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slander! Defamation! Lies!

...and maybe a tiny bit of the truth.

C

Capt.E

good to see you have a sense of humor. I thought I was going to be banned for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.