• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nobody noticed the SNEAKY Nerf??

T

Toptwo

PLayers can no longer craft relic frags...so as a poster earlier in the week said, watch the prices on these little babies skyrocket!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Nobody noticed the Stealth Nerf??

Your title confused me. I thought they nerfed stealth.

T

Toptwo

sorry about that...wasnt thinking...should said the "sneaky" nerf...can you fix it??

R

RavenWinterHawk

What do you mean.

We cant craft them to unravel them?

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

PLayers can no longer craft relic frags...so as a poster earlier in the week said, watch the prices on these little babies skyrocket!
You know I worked night and day. :) I sold 200 total to a friend so cheap no one would believe it, and now I'm just going to keep all these. I had 500 up for sale, and I was thinking about selling a larger quantity but I was blessed no one bought them. ROFL

It was EXPENSIVE, and a serious pain to do it.

A

Astrel

You mean you can no longer make relic frags, for me no problem.

T

Tazar

sorry about that...wasnt thinking...should said the "sneaky" nerf...can you fix it??
If it's your thread, you can fix it. Go to Edit - then look for the "advanced" tab. :)

M

Marcus Blackwell

So what does this mean? Was there a way to craft items that would give relic fragments and now thats not the case any longer?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread has me very confused... does this mean relic frags no longer come off of anything other than arties?

I didn't think you could craft them before the publish either, unless what you're meaning to say is that now no player crafted items will unravel into a relic fragment, which seems odd.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you mean no way to craft items, period, to get relics - or just that you can't IMBUE items to get relics anymore (which is what most people were doing).

I'm sorry, but I'm taking your claims at less than face value, without dev confirmation. I personally wouldn't be opposed to it being "no relic frags from imbued items", but am definitely against making it to where barbed kit/high-end hammer items wouldn't give relic frags.

T

Toptwo

This thread has me very confused... does this mean relic frags no longer come off of anything other than arties?

I didn't think you could craft them before the publish either, unless what you're meaning to say is that now no player crafted items will unravel into a relic fragment, which seems odd.
You used to be able to craft items, then imbue them up enough to be able to unravel them for a relic frag...thats why there are so many out there on vendors atm. For instance, if you made a bow from regular wood, then imbued it with 46ML, 46LL, 44 HFA, and 36 Dispel, then enhanced it with Oak wood, it would unravel to a relic. With the update last week...and the making it live on all shards today, you can no longer imbue something up and get a relic frag from it, the most it will return is essence. So, frags can no longer be "made" by players. Now the only way to get frags is by unraveling the occasional +451 intensity loot drop, or unraveling ariti's...which in turn is going to make relic frags VERY rare in comparrison to what they are now.

I have NOT tried using a runic hammer yet to see if I can make something that will unravel into a relic...I just know you CANT imbue something up enough anymore to be able to unravel it for a relic.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is true then it's something the devs didn't intend to happen and I say good for them for plugging that hole so quickly. So do they give you essence now or something?

S

Smokin

Oh yay another nerf that benifits the scripters, you know the ones that did it non stop. This blows honestly was it really that bad considering the cost and time of making those items.

Ah well way to go Devs in making the people that cheat in game even richer.

T

Toptwo

Oh yay another nerf that benifits the scripters, you know the ones that did it non stop. This blows honestly was it really that bad considering the cost and time of making those items.

Yeah Yeah...its the scripters again...cant ANYBODY on stratics post something without talk of scripters in it??? I made like 300 frags this way, I made every one by hand...it took me 2 days, and about 8 hours total to do it...nothing but manual clicking...but...its the scripters fault!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Scripters aside,

I thought that the ability to make frags this way was by design. It seemed to make sense, it wasn't a free method meaning you needed to gather resources to do it. Nor was it an easy method, it took a good bit of work per each frag (if done manually). I thought it was their answer to allowing crafters to make frags.

The entire process made sense:

1. Lumberjack mines for oak wood
2. Fletcher makes exceptional oak bows
3. Imbuer breaks down bows into residue
4. Miner mines up regular gems and iron ingots
5. Tinker takes ingots from step four and makes bracelets
6. Imbuer takes gems from miner, residue from breaking down the bows and bracelets from tinker and imbues 425 1.0 weighted properties on to the bracelet which can be done with no special materials.
7. Imbuer unravels the product from step six and gets a relic fragment.

It was able to be done completely with crafting, 100%. It really seemed like a good solution so people could get relic fragments. Sure, they had to do a lot of crafting labor but it didn't require anything but crafting.

I guess this wasn't intended though...

T

Toptwo

I'd like a little more confirmation of this.
LOL, go try and imbue up a item to unravel for a frag..see if you can do it, that should be confirmation. I did not say you could not make them using runic crafting tools (hammers, fletching kits..etc) I have not even tried that. I am just saying that all those people out there that were making jewlrey, or bows, and imbuing them up to unravel for a frag, can no longer do it...go try it for yourself. Go make a Braclet, imbue it with 13-13-13-13-13 resists, unravel it at the queens forge...all your gonna get is essence....yesterday you would have got a frag.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I verified this morning. You can't get relic fragments for 425 1.0 weighted mods at the Queens forge anymore.

IE a bracelet with 13 fire, 13 energy 13 poison, 18 lrc and 77 luck no longer gives a relic fragment.

I also tried 13 fire, 13 energy, 13 poison, 18 lrc and 90 luck (mods maxed just before needing special materials) and also no relic fragments.

We need to have items with 451 mods now. Considering 90% x 5 = 450(where you need to be before special materials are necessary) there is no way to make relic fragments with only 90 percent intensity. You either need special materials or to start on items that are runic crafted and have 100% intensity mods.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well there goes the only thing that made having a gargoyle worth anything.. throwing blows mysticism they are supposed to be more adept at high levels there is no difference i can see between human/elf and gargoyles, they get a 1-2% bonust to imbu at 120 (woohoo this makes it worth it ! not)
hmm they have flight that sucks stamina so you have to add staminaregen to suit !

can anyone tell me why would you choose gargpyle over anything ! I have played one since SA came out I have 120 imbuing 110 myst magery etc and for lack of a better word they suck not just a little !
Maybe a tamer would be ok

The imbuing thing was one of the things I liked make a frag at the queens forge!
now I guess I can understand changing this ! but please do something to make gargs more viable !

U

UOKaiser

It was most likely intended just that it was how you call it revisited after the knowledge was shouted out. Thank you for the people that had to post the information on the boards on how to do it. Of course it would happen if you post it on a public board and let everyone know the technique easily. Should of just let the players find out for themselves Is not like you needed to be a genius to figure it out. Next time I hope people will know better that the power of secrecy will keep things the way they are.
On the bright side time to turn my imbuer back to human and raise prices on the relic fragments.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I can confirm this! if you mean a dev to confirm good luck! I actually thought this was a feature for gargs and it actually made sense ! there I go thinking again!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So they just raised the bar? They didn't stop fragments completely from imbued/crafted items?

T

Toptwo

Actually...I dont think they can be imbued up at all...I just made this bow:

50 Mana Leach - 10Void orbs, 10 Sapphire, and 5 MR
46 Life Leach
44 HFA
44 Dispel

Then enhanced with oak...and will still only get a essence (when ID'd) So this bow has

50 ML
46 LL
44 HFA
44 Dispel
40 Luck
45 DI

and it STILL wont make a relic.

M

mjolnir131

I can confirm this! if you mean a dev to confirm good luck! I actually thought this was a feature for gargs and it actually made sense ! there I go thinking again!
Yep! to tell everyone that Gary's make stronger imbuers and then remove from the game the only example of this being true is kinda counter intuitive really, It rally was the only last reason to have a Gargy Char for allot of people.

C

Coffin

Well, then leads some of us to the question - what's the best way to farm mini-artys in ilshenar? And are the tokuno minor artys still dropping?

Gotta get our relic fragments somehow!

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I verified this morning. You can't get relic fragments for 425 1.0 weighted mods at the Queens forge anymore.

IE a bracelet with 13 fire, 13 energy 13 poison, 18 lrc and 77 luck no longer gives a relic fragment.

I also tried 13 fire, 13 energy, 13 poison, 18 lrc and 90 luck (mods maxed just before needing special materials) and also no relic fragments.

We need to have items with 451 mods now. Considering 90% x 5 = 450(where you need to be before special materials are necessary) there is no way to make relic fragments with only 90 percent intensity. You either need special materials or to start on items that are runic crafted and have 100% intensity mods.
451 unweighted does not work, but honestly even if it did it's not worth doing it at all any more. It never was. It was a golden time, some people took advantage, my buyers gave me a hard time. They wouldn't listen about how hard it was so I just kept them. It was funny to me. I just kept making them as hard as I could because you just couldn't make many of them no matter how hard you worked.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
451 unweighted does not work, but honestly even if it did it's not worth doing it at all any more. It never was. It was a golden time, some people took advantage, my buyers gave me a hard time. They wouldn't listen about how hard it was so I just kept them. It was funny to me. I just kept making them as hard as I could because you just couldn't make many of them no matter how hard you worked.
Talk about missing the boat, people didn't even want to pay 65m for 500.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ToPtwo Said:
I made like 300 frags this way, I made every one by hand...it took me 2 days, and about 8 hours total to do it...nothing but manual clicking...but...its the scripters fault!
LOLOL... er um.. I mean...

Toptwo

T

Thangorodrim

I would like to say that if this is true its terribly lame. If it was done primarily to abate scripting than it is absolutely pathetic.

The capabilities of imbuing are not over-powered. Runic crafted items and artifacts are significantly superior.

Imbuing is already rate limited by availability of special resources and does not require any further restrictions.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can still do it just fine, just need the high intensity ingrediants, which is the way it should be. Relic Fragments are supposed to be something rare and mystical so why should it be extremely easy to get them? I for one enjoy hearing the crying from people that want everything in uo to be easy. its entertaining.
Imbuing requires some hunting and thats great, you cant just buy bulk wood/ingots and mindlessly craft away.
As for advising people to keep things like the crafted relics secret, thats just an idea for the greedy. When the crafted relics started hitting vendors for insane prices i hit the streets with books detailing how they were made and why no one should have spent more than 50k on a relic frag. why? just to rain on the greedy vendors' parade.
this is a great change/fix and im glad to see it.

M

Myna

imbued items wont unravel to relics, i imbued a braclet up to 499 intensity and it unraveled to essence (queens forge/ gargoyle)

E

Eyes of Origin

Well, if this is true then I worked my loyalty for nothing.. which really pisses me off.
So, now instead of making my own relics, you're telling me I have to go farm arties to get them? Wonderful.. not happy about this at all.
Because of being able to do this I made my relics for less than 50k a pc, now if I want them I have to go buy arties at whatever someone decides to sell them at or whatever someone decides to sell the relics at? total Bull****! Watch the prices jump higher than they already are, which has been 250k to 500k per frag, same for the arties.
Again, total bull****
No offense to EA or anything, but this is just another reason to go buy the stuff from brokers .. 100 for about 3mil sounds pretty effing good now. :rant2:

C

Coragin

extremely easy to get them
Did you even do the bow method???? Extremely EASY??? How about having to do all them clicks to imbue only to get a catastrophic FAIL when trying to enhance? All that money on gems and residue out the window! Not to mention all the time put into making the residue! And the time to get the gold to buy the gems or MINE THEM!

It was NOT extremely easy! It was painful and time consuming! Plus having to lumberjack all the oak needed not only to make residue, but to enhance!

You must not do ANY crafting if you cant see all that went into just being able to do this. You needed 100 bowcraft, 120 imbuing, 100 lumberjacking and either 100 mining or had to spend THOUSANDS on gems from a merch!

You think this is a great change? Wait till you actually do see scripters with afk kill scripts to farm marties! The one thing that was great about UO crafting vs any other game, was you did NOT have to do any hunting if you didnt want to.

The dev that made this change needs to have his fingers slapped with a ruler from a pissed off nun! Until they have carpal tunnel!

U

UOKaiser

you can still do it just fine, just need the high intensity ingrediants, which is the way it should be. Relic Fragments are supposed to be something rare and mystical so why should it be extremely easy to get them? I for one enjoy hearing the crying from people that want everything in uo to be easy. its entertaining.
Imbuing requires some hunting and thats great, you cant just buy bulk wood/ingots and mindlessly craft away.
As for advising people to keep things like the crafted relics secret, thats just an idea for the greedy. When the crafted relics started hitting vendors for insane prices i hit the streets with books detailing how they were made and why no one should have spent more than 50k on a relic frag. why? just to rain on the greedy vendors' parade.
this is a great change/fix and im glad to see it.
It's not worth doing it that way. The special ingrediants sell for quite a bit. It should of being kept secret not from the players but from the dev. Any fool with a small brain could of figure ut there was no reason to shout it out to the world. Has nothing with greedyness it has alot to do with handling people thngs on a silver platter when they could easily found out for themselves if they just tried. The reason to shut it out is to lower the pries knowing that a ineveitable change will come make as much as possible and now could sell it at extremly high prices. They and me are about to make a boat load of gold from this. Im sad they closed it but it was bound to happen as soon as the fist person said it. So now it's gold making time.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I guess we have our answer as to whether it was intended or not.

The way I see it, relic fragments were a good excuse to melt down surplus artifacts and a reward to high-end hunting. Having them craftable, although putting them within reach of a lot more players, completely removed the incentive to unravel high end things.

I expect we may someday see more ways for crafters to get them (such as daily quests), but at a more controlled rate.

A

Altpersona

Hmmm this defies the entire point of what the devs originaly wanted for imbueing unless there are arties out there that are worth no more than 50k to get these relics and we just don't know what they are.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because of being able to do this I made my relics for less than 50k a pc,

100 for about 3mil sounds pretty effing good now.
If you were making them @50k each then 100 for 3 mil was pretty effing good before. :)

Anyway I'm sure there will be other methods that will crop up on the forums. And just as it has been changed, it can be changed back. New systems should always start off tough and tweaked down once the rush is over. I auctually think it was too easy to get them.

E

Eyes of Origin

ok so for the players who dont always have time to go farm arties, what do they get stuck with? paying a godly amount per fragment or a godly amount per artie, which some arent even worth 50k but now they are gonna be worth 500k or more? :rant2:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bull****
Like I havent already sunk enough gold into the npcs for jewels and will continue doing so anyway, but now I have to pay whatever someone sets the prices at for fragments and arties too??

U

UOKaiser

Well, I guess we have our answer as to whether it was intended or not.

The way I see it, relic fragments were a good excuse to melt down surplus artifacts and a reward to high-end hunting. Having them craftable, although putting them within reach of a lot more players, completely removed the incentive to unravel high end things.

I expect we may someday see more ways for crafters to get them (such as daily quests), but at a more controlled rate.
We will never have that answer. What was intended one minute is unintended the next and changed again later. It's just the way. Matter of fact that question of if it's intended or not of anything should be wiped from the players minds.

E

Eyes of Origin

If you were making them @50k each then 100 for 3 mil was pretty effing good before. :)

Anyway I'm sure there will be other methods that will crop up on the forums. And just as it has been changed, it can be changed back. New systems should always start off tough and tweaked down once the rush is over. I auctually think it was too easy to get them.
Yea it was pretty effing good, but the problem was I would have to buy them from an online broker.. so in all reality I would've had to pay 6 bucks for 100, which breaks down to about 12mil these days. *** sorry I'm mad and had to rethink this after someone pointed it out, but gold is about .50 a mil *** Which when you look at it, paying 6 bucks or 12mil is better than paying 50mil for 100 (this being at 500k a fragment) Being able to make them in game gave me a reason NOT to buy from the broker, but this change is gonna send me right to the broker

Easy to get? It took me 2 days, a race change token, 6 soulstone fragments and a crap load of insurance to get my loyalty up to even use the Queens Forge, which in my opinion is now worthless to me. Not to mention, the time and the millions of gold I have spent on npc jewels, not only to train imbuing, but to make things as well. So when the time involved is considered, it wasnt easy.

T

THyRoID99

Yeah Yeah...its the scripters again...cant ANYBODY on stratics post something without talk of scripters in it??? I made like 300 frags this way, I made every one by hand...it took me 2 days, and about 8 hours total to do it...nothing but manual clicking...but...its the scripters fault!
I think he means that the changes now benefit the scripters and not the players, and he prefers keeping relics as a common ingredient.

And I have to agree with him. Poor form, dev team.

Edit: I dont Imbue (i dont even have SA) but is it true you can only get relics from arties now? If that's the case then not only did it make imbuing high end items out of reach for the casual player but artifacts will be farmed and skyrocket in price, if you can find them at all.

Edit#2: Also, imbuing was pretty much the only reason I was going to grab SA. But since it's been nurfed there's no real reason to upgrade. I feel that low level pixel crack is not worth my $30.

T

Thangorodrim

I find it irritating for this reason...

For those of who don't have an artificer all this does is increase the already substantial cost of imbued items.

Its not about ease, its about economics. If imbuing has hard dependencies on the most high end items it can't substantially increase suit and item availability to the non elite. Make it expensive enough and you might as well buy the artifact or runic gear.

To imbue a slayer property on a single item, for example, requires five items from either top two loot tier critters with ~2000 luck or five items from barbed / ag/ver/val hammer.

Imbuing is just not capable of items powerful enough to justify that cost, in my opinion.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so for the players who dont always have time to go farm arties, what do they get stuck with? paying a godly amount per fragment or a godly amount per artie, which some arent even worth 50k but now they are gonna be worth 500k or more? :rant2:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bull****
Like I havent already sunk enough gold into the npcs for jewels and will continue doing so anyway, but now I have to pay whatever someone sets the prices at for fragments and arties too??
Though the armor has a long life if you PoF it, it is still going to wear out. So when you use it, you are using it for a finite amount of time. You could argue that runic crafted and most arties aren't 100% what you want in a build and imbuing can be... but in most situations on the PvM side... having a perfect suit isn't necessarily required to get the job done. Every stat counts in PvP so thats a little different. But when I see an 80-100 mil deco item from a fel only champ... I dont feel so guilty about it.

All in all this is actually a pretty balanced. Most mods requiring frags (that I can remeber) are mage related. This makes sense. A (PvM) mage or tamer is not in the thick of battle like melee. So yes their suits should be harder to build and cost more....they will last longer when hiding behind an EV, RC or pet.

So the 7 mill 1/3 ring w/other godly mods gravy train has run out. Be happy you were right there to find the value in the system and made so much to begin with.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Matter of fact that question of if it's intended or not of anything should be wiped from the players minds.
Players need to know the design intent so that they know whether something is an exploit to report, a feature to use or a point to be debated.

Obviously imbuing is still a work in progress to feel out where the balance point is between market-flooding and not-worth-attempting, but it's also a very costly skill to explore by trial and error (especially when it's a moving target) so having a few guidelines as to how we should expect it to be behave would be helpful.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was NOT extremely easy! It was painful and time consuming! !
your method was not easy yes, how hard is it to tinker up exceptional rings, slap 13 of each resist on it and unravel for a relic? thats the method im talkin bout. now if ya want to make relics, just keep your items from heartwood quests and slap some mods on and make relics, no hunting required, just gotta get good items to start with.

E

Eyes of Origin

your method was not easy yes, how hard is it to tinker up exceptional rings, slap 13 of each resist on it and unravel for a relic? thats the method im talkin bout. now if ya want to make relics, just keep your items from heartwood quests and slap some mods on and make relics, no hunting required, just gotta get good items to start with.
the 13, 13, 13, 18, 77 method, which most of you who did this, should know what I'm talking about.. might have been easier than the bows method, but costly none the same.. farm to get the residue, which it took 42 per bracelet if you didnt fail, buy up the jewels.. which was time consuming and expensive, esp with failing.. but it was better than trying to spend the time I DONT have trying to hunt down arties.
If the bows and bracelets dont work anymore, than items from heartwood quests shouldnt work anymore either. Someone stated that even imbuing an item to 499 intensity, is now only unravelling to enchanted essence.

R

RavenWinterHawk

So let me get this straight.

I can use runics and still possibly get an relic if the runic is high enough.

BUT I CANT IMBUE it to beef up its chances.

So basically we can get RELICS

by strictly using runics and get the right weight.
Or by finding loot with the right intensities.

If that is true BRAVO.

Its was stupid to be able to imbue and get a relic. We shouldnt be able to unravel imbued items anyway. That would make sense.